GOP drinking the 'No such thing as Rape' Kool Aid

Started by Callie Del Noire, August 20, 2012, 06:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

I really wish guys like this would stop waving crosses around, get out my faith... and out of office.

Stupid+ Anything = Stupid2

I've realized a long time ago that people like Richard being double high authoritarians as Callie put a while back, basically use publicly held beliefs and values to support their position, regardless of what they are and how they conflict.

If the man was an atheist he would likely say "it's scientifically proven" because remember he believes a woman can shut off her reproductive functions because some think tank faked proof of it.
If he was a hardcore communist in the Soviet Union he'd say things like "rape is good for the state, because it makes more babies." or some other bullshit.
But he's in america, where christanity is the major religion, and many of the laws stem from those cultural values. Thus he uses god as a justification.

He'd be just as wrong, just as fucktarded, and we'd still want to clobber him with a crowbar.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Stattick

John McCain endorses Mourdock.

Yeah, I know, McCain has a reputation as a maverick. But what people who don't pay much attention don't realize, is that McCain mostly votes the party line. He mostly goes along with the party machine, doing what they say, when they say it. And right now, the party machine is saying, "Endorse Mourdock and Akin," and so he went along with the party machine. McCain's not a robot though. Sometimes, he gets mad, and then he bucks the system. But, you know, it has to be something that McCain cares enough about to buck that system, and make problems for himself with the machine. And women aren't on that list.

If you're not paying attention, it's easy to like McCain. Most of the things he's defied the Republican machine on were positions where the machine was being really stupid. And it's easy to admire someone for standing up for what they believe. But most of the time, McCain's just part of the problem, and not part of the solution. Like now, endorsing the idea that rape babies are part of God's plan, and endorsing the idiots that spouted that crap while running for office.
O/O   A/A

Stattick

General Colin Powell endorses Obama. He gets blasted and defriended by John McCain for doing so.

Quote"I'm just saddened," McCain said, "because I used to be a great admirer of Colin Powell. We were friends."

"All I can say is that Gen. Powell, you disappoint us and you have harmed your legacy even further by defending what has clearly been the most feckless foreign policy in my lifetime," he added.

Yeah... because the foreign policy under Bush Jr was so great.  ::)

I think they weren't far off when they were calling McCain, "McSame", in regards to wanting to keep the vast majority of Bush Jr's policies.
O/O   A/A

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Stattick

“On the rape thing, it’s like, how does putting more violence onto a woman’s body and taking the life of an innocent child that’s the consequence of this crime, how does that make it better?” Koster said. “You know what I mean?” - John Koster, Republican nominee for Washington’s First Congressional District

Sauce: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/john-koster-the-rape-thing.php

And now for something completely different: Mike Huckabee Says Women Worse At Multitasking During Their Menstrual Cycles
O/O   A/A

Valerian

Quote from: Stattick on November 01, 2012, 03:04:42 PM
And now for something completely different: Mike Huckabee Says Women Worse At Multitasking During Their Menstrual Cycles
That reminds me -- Huckabee has a book coming out for this holiday season, which is supposed to be in the form of letters of advice and support that he wrote to his grandchildren.  Well, to his grandson, anyway.  It was originally titled Dear Chandler.  At very nearly the last possible moment -- after the catalogs we get at work were printed and the initial promo materials sent out, but before the books themselves went to press -- someone remembered that he actually had TWO grandchildren and hastily changed the title to Dear Chandler, Dear Scarlett, so that his granddaughter wasn't completely overlooked, poor kid.

I often wonder how Republicans justify their attitude towards women when faced with their own female relatives.  Maybe this is the answer -- they just forget about them.  :P
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

So, it turns out that Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin has been arrested eight times for violent anti-abortion protesting. He also has ties to a local violent militia that supports political violence. If elected tomorrow, he'll have one of the most extensive criminal records of any US Senator in history.

Sauce
O/O   A/A

Callie Del Noire

So far it looks like Akin is behind by like 7% or more.. so yeah.. I don't think he's going to every step up again.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on November 06, 2012, 10:54:35 PM
Politico says Akin's already lost, 53 to 40.

Stick a fork in him.. he's done. The GOP will lose his number, refuse to take his calls and generally leave him high and dry now.

Stattick

Wil Wheaton tweets:
Oh hi Todd Aikin! Turns out when a rape apologist runs for Senate, the voters of Missouri have a way of shutting that whole thing down.
O/O   A/A

TheGlyphstone

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Stattick on November 06, 2012, 11:25:47 PM
Wil Wheaton tweets:
Oh hi Todd Aikin! Turns out when a rape apologist runs for Senate, the voters of Missouri have a way of shutting that whole thing down.

This is music with rocks in it to my ears!

Pumpkin Seeds

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Lux12

Proof that some of those who belong to our species still live back in the dark ages despite the fact that the world has moved on.

Ironwolf85

and it has kept on moving... thus, Toddy boy was left out on his ass
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Lux12

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on November 09, 2012, 02:31:11 PM
and it has kept on moving... thus, Toddy boy was left out on his ass

Indeed.Though I suppose it's always fun to keep an antique around if only for the novelty...Though I don't think this is the sort I would want sitting around the house.Perhaps it would be best left in a museum if only to remind us of the depths of madness to which humans can sink....

Dear lord It's hard to believe these sort of people are still around...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lux12 on November 09, 2012, 05:29:59 PM
Indeed.Though I suppose it's always fun to keep an antique around if only for the novelty...Though I don't think this is the sort I would want sitting around the house.Perhaps it would be best left in a museum if only to remind us of the depths of madness to which humans can sink....

Dear lord It's hard to believe these sort of people are still around...
[/quote

Well I think it's more of a case of making him into a 'lesson' within the party. He didn't roll over and play dead when the national and state party told him to. So.. he's going to be punished..and hard. He's going to be left out in the cold and be made persona non grata.. I doubt he'll be able to work at anything past county level.

Stattick

Fox News guest: Obama won by lying and saying that Republicans were going to round women up and put them in rape camps.

In other words, Republicans still lying, and still haven't learned to stop talking about rape. Also, they're making my brain hurt.
O/O   A/A

Trieste

I know I'm not the only one that thought "Sounds like a group game on E".

Lux12

Quote from: Stattick on November 09, 2012, 11:32:31 PM
Fox News guest: Obama won by lying and saying that Republicans were going to round women up and put them in rape camps.

In other words, Republicans still lying, and still haven't learned to stop talking about rape. Also, they're making my brain hurt.

Dear Gods, do they even think about what they're saying before they open their mouths?They really aren't the ones to accuse others of making insane accusations.

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on November 09, 2012, 11:34:08 PM
I know I'm not the only one that thought "Sounds like a group game on E".

*raises hand*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Trieste