News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Honey, I'm home! (MFF)

Started by dreamster, May 30, 2012, 08:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamster

Hi,

I've been off E for a while, but am looking to get back to active RPing now.

I have a rough idea for an MFF RP, and would love to hear back any additions/modifications from anyone interested. Do let me know which role you'd prefer (of the two F roles). Character names are place-holders of course, just to make it a smoother read. So here goes:

When Lucille offered her nephew to stay in her house, she was doing it out of her love for her (financially stressed) sister and in an attempt to fight her loneliness since her daughter had gone to college in another town. But a few days with Jack, and she couldn't help but notice how strongly he reminded her of her husband, who had died in a tragic accident a few months before her sister gave birth to a handsome boy. And one day, she finds Jack, who's sleeping in a state of high fever, murmuring. Saying things that her husband had said to her a long time back. Jack wakes up and tells her how he dreamt of himself as his uncle. And their relationship takes a new turn - starting with Lucille sharing memories, to Jack waking up to weird dreams each night. To them going to their old dating grounds, and finally to their honeymoon hotel suite. Where, amid wine and tears, they decide they deserve to re-start their married lives again.
Things are fine for a few months, till her (their!) daughter is back in summer. And she takes a liking to her cousin. She doesn't know he was her father, of course. She loves him for how good he has been for her mom, and how he seems to be much better than the other men she's dated, not unlike how a daughter may feel at times towards her father. But things take a wrong turn for this couple, and their relationship moves to a physical level too. Complications ensue!

Hope you like the setting! Looking forward to interested people and their views on the idea and the characters.

Have a nice day :)

Sarah Morgan

This sounds intriguing!  I wouldn't mind taking up the daughter role, if you haven't found anyone yet, though I'm trying to think of a reason how she wouldn't know that Jack was her cousin, and have it sound convincing.

dreamster

Hi Sarah! Glad you're interested :)

About the daughter's character - I was thinking she would know Jack was her cousin (but not that he was her father, reborn). So, their relationship would be forbidden in more ways than one ;) Jack would keep both his relationships secret from the other - so his relationship with the daughter would be a secret from Lucille and his relationship from Lucille would be a secret from the daughter.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. And your take on the daughter's character.

JadenMystic

I wouldn't mind the other female role. For the father to not know the cousin, there could've been a misunderstanding so that those members don't know a lot about the other until the three are back together again..

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

dreamster

Nice, the mother/wife character is yours!

I like your idea about the father and daughter starting a relationship without knowing they're cousins. Would love to explore ideas. How about they meet up online, and after a few weeks of flirting, decide to see each other in person in the city the girl is studying in? And those few days they spend together see sparks flying. Then on, he visits her a few more times, and the rest of the time, they catch up online on video chat daily. Only when she comes back home for summer, she finds out he's her cousin.

This is just one possibility, would be great to hear more, from both of you.

And we can start shaping our characters - names, traits, tastes and so on.

Sarah Morgan

Oh, I think I totally didn't get the fact that the father/cousin would merge.  Just to make sure I'm on the right track, it sounds like a reincarnation-type scenario, which by the way is something I haven't yet come across here on E, or anywhere else for that matter!  I like the twist, and the idea about how the daughter/cousin develop a relationship too.  Imagine their surprise when they find out who the other one is, and how everyone relates to each other!  Should we use this thread for discussions, or set up an OOC thread somewhere?

dreamster

Yes, the central theme is reincarnation - it's a twisted love triangle ;)
So there will be several surprises for each of the characters along the way.

Here's the OOC thread for further discussions (assuming we all are 'in'):

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141674.0

Sarah Morgan

Sounds like fun!  OOC board is bookmarked on my end too.  And I genuinely like most surprises!  :P