Seeking GM/Players for small group adventure (maybe PF?)

Started by Ixy, August 14, 2011, 04:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasmatical

I'm considering bringing back a character styled vaguely after the Pictish warriors. He'd probably be a barbarian, fighter, or ranger. Not heavily armored though, so would do best either as a team with another decent-but-not-minmaxed martial character or as a/the target of a good buffer.

If that style of character doesn't fit with the game, I have plenty of other ideas, chief among which right now is the summoner. I've been desperately looking for an excuse to play that class ever since I ran a game to playtest the beta version. Though nerfed in comparison now, the summoner still makes a great class.

Other, even more vague thoughts: Witch, cavalier, magus.

Ixy

I hear you on that... I've been eying Cavies myself, but so much depends on the setting and theme that it's hard to narrow it down without that perspective :)  Like, I could totally see making a Cavalier with this awesome horse and fine dignified armor, then-- poof-- game starts, and he's standing on the deck with his pirate crew, or we're in a dungeon crawl and the horse can't climb the hundred foot sheer drop, etc.  I'm lucky that way ;D

Anybody else have ideas for story elements or requests or interests for extracurricular involvement?

Blue Leah

For what it's worth, if you have a character you really want to play, I'm not going to write up a setting that's going to "sabotage" a build. Hell, having builds in mind helps me build encounters and all that stuff so everyone gets a chance to shine.

Ixy

That's cool--  I have character concepts in mind for any of the three settings I mentioned earlier, but nothing is set in stone :)

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. 15 point build is kind of low.. but could be interesting.

Blue Leah

Alright, here's a basic plot that I've come up with:

The Withered Rose
-It's no secret in the Inner Sea that the Goddess Shelyn and her brother, the warped god Zon-Kuthon, have been at an uneasy truce for years. Once twin deities with power over Love, Beauty, and Art, the two fell apart when Bal Thoa forsook his domains and left this plane, hoping to find something that would make him greater than his sister... and came back as Zon-Kuthon, his mind warped by the very eldritch powers he'd sought to dominate. Upon his return, he murdered his and Shelyn's father, and attempted to kill her as well... but eventually, he was subdued. Shelyn now possesses his Glaive, in hopes that the tainted weapon might hold some key to returning her brother to his former self.

Or, more accurately... she possessed his glaive. For a long time, there were rumors that a facsimile of the weapon was kept by her faithful, acting as a sort of vessel that helped the goddess control the dark energies pouring from the blade. And now, those rumors have been verified... and in the worst possible way. The effigy blade has been stolen, and statues of the goddess around the world have begun to change overnight, the glaive in her hands crumbling to dust. And around the world, followers of the Midnight Lord rejoice... for when the facsimile is shattered, the god of Pain and Madness will once again have the strength to declare war on the gods.

Which is why the temple has turned to you, members of the Pathfinder Society. Your order's reputation for seeking out secrets and treasures is known all across the world, and it is their hope that you will be able to find and recapture the weapon that allows their goddess to keep the Midnight Lord at bay, before Zon-Kuthon's armies rend the heavens and earth in a war between gods...

---------

In this campaign, your party is a charter-bearing chapter of the Pathfinder Society, and all your characters have at least one adventure under their belt. As such, you will start the game at 5th level, with the average player wealth for that level. In addition, you each will have one magic item (or magic weapon) costing 3000 GP or lower.

Let me know if this works for you.

Ixy

That sounds like an exciting storyline :) So we'll be using Paizo's cities, nations, etc?

Blue Leah

Yea. Still looking for a map to give you guys a good starting point and all that. Also, since you mentioned wanting an Odyssey-like feel, with gods interacting with mortals, I'm working on something to make that entertaining.

Phantasmatical

I absolutely love that idea. Now that I know what exactly I'm working with (the existing world of Pathfinder) I'll have a suitable concept to you... Well, soon.

I'll be out of town effectively starting tomorrow, and won't be back until the evening of September 6th. I'm off to DragonCon in Atlanta, Georgia. While there, I should be able to check up on things once or twice, but it's not guaranteed. I do get WiFi on the bus though, so I should be able to check in then - it's a 25-hour ride down and another ride of the same length back. Fun fun.

Ixy

enjoy and have a safe trip :)  Working on a character today

Blue Leah

Out of curiosity, how big of a party are you looking to have for this game? I'm trying to plot out for encounter purposes.

Ixy

That's really up to you-- personally, I was hoping for 3-5.  Anybody else?

Muse

By any chance is there room for me in this adventure? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blue Leah

Ok, 3-5 is plenty workable. I'll plot for that.

@Muse: as far as I'm concerned, it's open for whoever is interested; but this is Ixy's request, so I don't know how many people she has as confirmed so far.

At this point, my knowledge of the "confirmed" player list is:
-Ixy
-Phantasmical

Wintercat

Ixy, and Muse both in the same game and there's still room?

Err, good room for 1 more weird wanderer?

Considering a lot of different classes for options still, but whatever the team ends up needing most is what I'd be glad to craft together.

So, if they need a thieving sort, no problem, if its a healer they need, a cleric or oracle will be given form shortly..
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Ixy

Awesome :)  I've got one character drafted... an Oracle (warrior mystery) that I like but am not, by any means, attached to.  I'm going to make another character tonight (maybe 2) and then throw them all and see which one flies.

It'd be great to have you all in this, Muse, Wintercat :)

TK- really appreciate your deference to me on this, but since you're doing us all a favor by running it, I'll happily support any decisions you make about how it should be handled.

Ixy

Dorry for double-posting.  Here are my rough drafts, missing spells and equipment:
     Omi, Halfling Sorceress (Fey)
     Lissette, Human Oracle (Battle)

Blue Leah

Alrighty then, I can work with that. I'll mark Muse and Wintercat down as confirmed, and that leaves me with up to two spots.

Everyone, when you are posting your characters, please feel free to point out any "must-haves" on your end. A) so I know what forum to post in, and b) so I know what kind of encounters to put together. :P

Muse

I'm working on a bard (Dervish Dancer) concept. 

I don't know much about her yet, but her patron diety will be Saranrae, and she will be part of the pathfinder society. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CmdrRenegade

I'm new to Pathfinder but fairly familiar with old 3.5, which I know is what it's based on.  If you've got room, you can count me in.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Wintercat

Oracle (of Time) is under crafting, with a Curse of Tongues upon the Oracle. APG for the Oracle class, but the Time-mystery is from Ultimate Magic. Is that acceptable? I personally prefer the Time mysteries given the whole 'pursuit of immortality' within that path, but if you'd rather rule out Ultimate Magic material, I will look at the other mysteries in the APG instead then.

Just want to check up on that at this point. Also, character gender and exact race is still up in the air. Could be a male human at this point though.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Muse

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9387

*pant, pant, pant* 

Karamel has a history, really. 

I'll try to tell some about her after Iv'e had some noodels. 

Muse

Blue Leah

@Wintercat: All core books are open for use, so no worries there.

@CmdrRenegade: Sounds good.

Wintercat

Calder Barlow is under work, a Neutral Oracle of Time, a human man with a strong sense of self and with a flaw in his strength (partially covered by a magic item acquired).

Link to the sheet here, the character is not yet finished, most of his gear is not bought yet. He's mainly a healer though aiming for getting a good complement of boost spells.

I admit though I put a lot of focus onto the character's primary spellcasting ability, so if you'd prefer me to drop that and spread the scores more evenly, that's a possibility of course, but I do tend to occasionally aim for a strong talent at what the character does.
A&A