Ket's Menagerie {light to extreme, all genders welcome}

Started by Ket, April 16, 2017, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

please pm me if you are interested in any of my ideas instead of replying to this thread, thank you

I am currently available for new stories.

Ket's Menagerie

Wilkommen! Sit down, browse a bit, maybe you'll find something that sparks your interest. At least I hope you do. I am nowhere near as scary as I seem, on the contrary I am quite affable, so if something tickles your fancy, floats your boat, or sparks a nerve, by all means, send me a message!

However, I do have one request. Please read my Ons and Offs first. I am by no means the pickiest person in the world, but, to be frank (wait...why am I Frank now?), I won't write with just anyone who crosses my path.

Are you that person who can help bring my ideas to life?

yes, I do actually write with a fountain pen

Small Town Culture Shock

themes: slice of life, modern, vanilla, romance, slow burn

Devon grew up in Manhattan and still lived there. She loved the city. The constant movement, the throngs of people, the ethnic neighborhoods, the ability to always find something new to do. The culture never ceased to amaze her. And her most favorite thing was that she could order pretty much any sort of food she desired at anytime of the day or night and have it delivered. Her personality and style fit in well with the city.

She worked for a subscription box company that focused on showcasing make-up and skin care products to it's subscribers. In charge of the inventory department, her job involved the logistics of ensuring there was enough product delivered to their warehouse by companies to ensure they could fill all the monthly subscriptions, as well as having some extra for new orders, but without having too much extra on hand to have to sell off later. It could be a nightmare at times, coordinating order projections with amounts of product suppliers had on hand and their ability to deliver in time for the boxes to be packed and shipped. Devon loved it though, thrived on the fast-pace and stress of doing her job correctly.

Yet even though she and her team were regularly consistent in their performance, the warehouse was a different story. There was often problems with correctly tracking inventory, getting shipments out on time, and keeping employee turnover at an acceptable rate. So her company made the decision to send her to the warehouse to manage it and get it back on track where it needed to be, for at least the next six months.

Now she's in small town Idaho, completely out of her element. There was no bright lights, no noisy crowds of people, seemingly no culture. And definitely no takeout available anytime of the day or night.

... I'm looking for a partner to write a male character who lives in the small town somewhere out west, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, etc. The pair would meet and would develop a friendship that slowly turned into more romantic and physical relationship.

The Potions Mistress

themes: low fantasy, comedy, vanilla to light bon, adventuring, herculean tasks

"Yes, yes, I am her, but I stopped selling THAT potion a loooong time ago. Those? Oh, those are nothing to concern yourself with, dearie. Run along."

She had traveled far, left her entire life of luxury behind in order to come to the small village on the outskirts of the kingdom. She had been born in the capital, had been raised and educated in the capital. And in the capital is where she had seen her life's work used to carry out the vilest of deeds. The way her brother had used the potion had caused tragedy to befall those closest to their family. Yet instead of blaming him, the capital's citizens blamed her for creating the potion in the first place.

And so Thera fled to the distant village. A place where no one knew of her or what had happened in the capital. She set up a small shop in the market, selling simple and safe potions to those who passed through. It had been three years since her life got flipped turned upside down, and though there were aspects of her former life that she missed, overall she was quite content.

Until he showed up. And asked for that potion. The adventurer was sent away as quickly as he had arrived. Yet he persisted. And persisted. He wore her resolve down until she agreed to give him the potion...if he could complete three quests.

...I'm looking for a partner to play the adventurer. He will have known of her and the potion, how is to be decided. He will want it for his own, and will do pretty much anything to get it.

I saw my roomate naked!

themes: one shot, comedy of errors, light
She's showering, but he really needs something out of the bathroom. He figures he'll just pop in there right quick while she's ensconced safely behind the shower curtain, grab what he needs and head out. Except the doorknob breaks. And then he accidentally bumps the door with his hip, causing it to shut and lock. At the exact same moment she's done with her shower and opens the curtain to grab a towel. Hilarity, embarrassment, and a sudden mutual desire for each other ensue.

The Train Ride Home

themes: one shot, modern, light, commuter train, pent-up desire

Every evening, Monday through Friday, she rides the same train home from work. It's a long trip, made even longer by her exhaustion from a long day at university and her job. She normally sat in the same seat every day, facing the doors, so that she could see who was coming or going. He always got on the train two stops after she did, and was still there when she reached her destination. He was attractive, no doubt, but she never had the courage to speak to him. One night, the rest of the train car was empty, save herself and the man. Would she be able to muster up the strength to actually speak to him, or would he beat her to the punch? And what would happen once they did finally say hello?

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Ket

Parenthesis, Exponents, Multiplications, Divisions, Additions, Subtractions

20 September: I'm back after a year and some changes needed to be made!
22 September: added Small Town Culture Shock
23 September: removed Help me brother, please
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Ket

Ket

Ket

Ket

Ket

Ket

Ket

Ket