Black bar on screen

Started by Nico, May 20, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Okay, here's the problem I have:

Every now and then, I have a black bar across my browser. Not across the whole laptop screen, mind you. It's only in the browser. It happens when I scroll down. Does anyone know what this might be? Could it be a problem or a bug with Chrome?

Kye

I had a similar issue with chrome where it would go blank instead of doing the black bar.  The same fix might help.  You want to turn off smooth scrolling. 

To disable smooth scrolling, do the following:
1. Load chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling in the browser's address bar and hit enter. This takes you directly to the preference on the flags page.
2. Alternatively, open chrome://flags directly, hit F3, and search for smooth scrolling to find it this way.
3. Click on the disable link to turn the feature off. A restart button is displayed at the bottom which you need to click on to complete the process.

Nico

Quote from: Kyrsa on May 20, 2018, 01:21:00 PM
I had a similar issue with chrome where it would go blank instead of doing the black bar.  The same fix might help.  You want to turn off smooth scrolling. 

To disable smooth scrolling, do the following:
1. Load chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling in the browser's address bar and hit enter. This takes you directly to the preference on the flags page.
2. Alternatively, open chrome://flags directly, hit F3, and search for smooth scrolling to find it this way.
3. Click on the disable link to turn the feature off. A restart button is displayed at the bottom which you need to click on to complete the process.

Merci! <3

I think that did it!

Kye