O&O method question

Started by Vekseid, March 06, 2010, 12:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

What I'm thinking of doing is this
1) Members would select whether they played males, females, neuters/nullos, and 'others' (intersexed, transgendered, etc).

2) Within each of these categories members would select whether they played switches, dominants, submissives, neither, and from the given sexuality list.

An alternate step would be to add a third dimension (so someone could specify they only dominate when playing as a homosexual female and only submits when playing as a heterosexual male - whatever). That may make things more complex than is easily tolerated, however.

Thoughts?

Brandon

So if I understand you right, lets say I want a male character so I select male. Then a new selection pops up with the D/S spectrum scale (Dominant, submissive, switch or neither) and the sexual orientation (Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual)?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Zeitgeist

Anything that could be done to draw a distinction between the sexual preferences of the writer, and the writer's characters would be welcomed. Which as I understand it, is what is being contemplated.

Vekseid

Quote from: Brandon on March 06, 2010, 12:41:06 AM
So if I understand you right, lets say I want a male character so I select male. Then a new selection pops up with the D/S spectrum scale (Dominant, submissive, switch or neither) and the sexual orientation (Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual)?

Well, more like for each gender option you could note what sorts of orientations or spectrum you play.

Problem being that it doesn't allow for specifying specific sorts of spectrums for specific relationships (only dominating females, for example) but I think that point is probably best to put in your blurb >_>

Torch

Quote from: Zamdrist of Zeitgeist on March 06, 2010, 10:13:14 AM
Anything that could be done to draw a distinction between the sexual preferences of the writer, and the writer's characters would be welcomed. Which as I understand it, is what is being contemplated.

Yes please!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Black Orchid

Quote from: Vekseid on March 06, 2010, 10:17:55 AM
Well, more like for each gender option you could note what sorts of orientations or spectrum you play.

Problem being that it doesn't allow for specifying specific sorts of spectrums for specific relationships (only dominating females, for example) but I think that point is probably best to put in your blurb >_>

I'd love that, I found I liked to expand my male character, so I role play with them, but they are strikingly different than my females; like, let's say my male likes oral, but my female does not, will I be able to separate them? I also tried to make my O/Os base on what I (me personally as a role player) tolerate, but sometimes I have to keep explaining that to people...
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

Vekseid

That sort of thing I was planning on doing more for the new CMS, as I'd want to tie the concepts of characters, settings, and so on. this is more basic :-p

Brandon

Well it doesnt do everything I would like to see but it is a good stepping stone. I approve
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Oreo

I think it is good as it stands Veks. It gives people a starting place to check out possible active-seeking players rather than just reading through all the O/O's. Narrowing 6,000+ members down to the currently active top 25 is a great start.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

HockeyGod

I'm lost a little - what happened to where you identify your sexualities? I don't see it as a feature to check anymore on the left side. Mine seemed to carry through, but I noticed others don't have it designated. I'm not sure how to help them find out to designate this if I can't find it  ;D

Vekseid

I removed it while working on better version.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Vekseid on March 11, 2010, 05:07:55 PM

Oh gotcha. When you go into someone's o/o it does say that they are unspecified, whereas mine says homosexual. I'm excited to see the better version! This is a very helpful feature!

Oniya

Quote from: Vekseid on March 11, 2010, 05:07:55 PM

Would that also be why it no longer shows up as a link under my avatar?  (Although I admittedly didn't notice until I referred someone to it and they said 'huh?'  -.-
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

Is still there, "My Role Play References", if you're referring to the link to your Ons & Offs? O.o;
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Nessy

This sounds pretty good to me. My sexuality has very little to do with my RP preferences so it's great to have a chance to remind people of my wide range of interests.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Oniya

Quote from: Caeli on March 11, 2010, 06:54:33 PM
Is still there, "My Role Play References", if you're referring to the link to your Ons & Offs? O.o;

*facepalm*  Name changed and confuzzled me.  It did formerly say 'Ons and Offs', right?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

Probably just to be less confusing. But I thought it'd been "My Role Play Preferences" for a while now.

Well, doesn't really matter. :-) Link's still there.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs