Lazarus Arc [Mecha][Freeform][Recruiting]

Started by Lynnette, August 12, 2014, 06:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Oh well, was worth a shot.  Non-anime mech games are pretty rare nowadays.

For the record, when I said realistic, I wasn't talking about Pacific Rim.  I meant more like the squat, 10-20 foot tall mobile weapons platforms with treads or sturdy legs, i.e. ones that could feasibly exist.

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on August 13, 2014, 06:01:46 AM

I cannot, sorry.  Have fun with your game!

Lynnette

Quote from: Question Mark on August 13, 2014, 11:28:08 AM
Oh well, was worth a shot.  Non-anime mech games are pretty rare nowadays.

For the record, when I said realistic, I wasn't talking about Pacific Rim.  I meant more like the squat, 10-20 foot tall mobile weapons platforms with treads or sturdy legs, i.e. ones that could feasibly exist.

I cannot, sorry.  Have fun with your game!

It's fine, don't worry :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Kimera

Interested

Not sure what kind of character I'll make though...or what mecha to take ^^

Moon Hound Hati

Name: Hiroyuki Ouma
Nicknames: Hiro

Role: Pilot and Engineer, though his general focus lies on properly integrating new soft- and hardware into the prototype he works with, testing them both in simulation and field, and providing feedback; rather then be part of the actual development team.

Personality: A calm and collected person, Hiroyuki is not one to jump the gun without proper reason and often manages to keep his cool when others don't seem able to do so. He is dependable, intelligent, and possesses a very keen eye for detail, making him both an capable engineer and (test) pilot. There are, however, two traits that keep him from being the ideal son-in-law. One is his bad habit to smoke with an old-fashioned pipe on a regular basis. The second is the fact that he has a hard time remembering names. He often gives people nicknames that suit their personality, appearance, and/or profession instead to remember them by.

Backstory: Born as the eldest son, Takahiro's family has long run a martial arts dojo. As such he's quite proficient at both unarmed combat and sword fighting, though he stopped actively practicing after graduating high school, the heir title to the dojo being passed down to his more driven and successful (in the field of martial arts) cousin instead. Earning excellent grades he enrolled in a top tier engineering school, after which he was drafted into the project by the Lazarus company.

Sexual ons: Oral (giving/receiving), vaginal, anal, girls wearing stockings or long socks that reach above the knees or higher
Sexual offs: Anything extreme, such as bathroom play or vore

Other: Heterosexual. Hasn't had any long term relationships. He suspects it to be because he had a hard time remembering their names. Likes to collects swords and other blades as a hobby. Only smokes using a slender, old-fashioned pipe.

Name: 001-Saber
Mechanism type: Electronic

Strength: 4
Armor: 2
Agility: 7
Accuracy: 7

Weapons: The 001-Saber prototype is equipped with a very lightly curved single-edged sword that looks much like a katana. Though very light, allowing for accurate swings of the blade by a competent pilot, the weapon's hilt contains a compact ultrasonic generator, causing the blade to vibrate at an incredible speed, making it capable to slice through an opponent's armor like a hot knife through butter. More heavily armoured opponents still present an obstacle at this point of the development cycle, however. The blade's generator is directly powered by the Axis core of the prototype Machina, making it useless in the hands of a model without such a core.

The 001-Saber also has several other weapons and functions, which, while already having been installed as far as hardware is concerned, still lacks the proper software and fine-tuning, rendering them unusable right now. This includes both its flight thrusters, making it incapable of flight at this stage, as well as the spiral-like attachments to its lower arms. The spirals, when activated, become more flexible in nature and gain the ability to spin at high speeds around the arms or in front of the Machina, allowing it to deflect small arms fire and slice enemy armor, as the spirals glow a bright orange, infused with energy from the unit's Axis core.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Lynnette

Quote from: Kimera on August 13, 2014, 12:32:00 PM
Interested

Not sure what kind of character I'll make though...or what mecha to take ^^

The character, I can't help you with, but for the mecha, I got a video that might help you out if you're completely stuck. Will also be adding this to the OP under the mecha sheet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXNa_m52r0

If you need any further help, please contact me by PM, I'm sure we can work something out :)

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on August 13, 2014, 01:20:37 PM
Name: Hiroyuki Ouma
Nicknames: Hiro

Role: Pilot and Engineer, though his general focus lies on properly integrating new soft- and hardware into the prototype he works with, testing them both in simulation and field, and providing feedback; rather then be part of the actual development team.

Personality: A calm and collected person, Hiroyuki is not one to jump the gun without proper reason and often manages to keep his cool when others don't seem able to do so. He is dependable, intelligent, and possesses a very keen eye for detail, making him both an capable engineer and (test) pilot. There are, however, two traits that keep him from being the ideal son-in-law. One is his bad habit to smoke with an old-fashioned pipe on a regular basis. The second is the fact that he has a hard time remembering names. He often gives people nicknames that suit their personality, appearance, and/or profession instead to remember them by.

Backstory: Born as the eldest son, Takahiro's family has long run a martial arts dojo. As such he's quite proficient at both unarmed combat and sword fighting, though he stopped actively practicing after graduating high school, the heir title to the dojo being passed down to his more driven and successful (in the field of martial arts) cousin instead. Earning excellent grades he enrolled in a top tier engineering school, after which he was drafted into the project by the Lazarus company.

Sexual ons: Oral (giving/receiving), vaginal, anal, girls wearing stockings or long socks that reach above the knees or higher
Sexual offs: Anything extreme, such as bathroom play or vore

Other: Heterosexual. Hasn't had any long term relationships. He suspects it to be because he had a hard time remembering their names. Likes to collects swords and other blades as a hobby. Only smokes using a slender, old-fashioned pipe.

Name: 001-Saber

Armor: 2
Accuracy: 7

Weapons: The 001-Saber prototype is equipped with a very lightly curved single-edged sword that looks much like a katana. Though very light, allowing for accurate swings of the blade by a competent pilot, the weapon's hilt contains a compact ultrasonic generator, causing the blade to vibrate at an incredible speed, making it capable to slice through an opponent's armor like a hot knife through butter. More heavily armoured opponents still present an obstacle at this point of the development cycle, however. The blade's generator is directly powered by the Axis core of the prototype Machina, making it useless in the hands of a model without such a core.

The 001-Saber also has several other weapons and functions, which, while already having been installed as far as hardware is concerned, still lacks the proper software and fine-tuning, rendering them unusable right now. This includes both its flight thrusters, making it incapable of flight at this stage, as well as the spiral-like attachments to its lower arms. The spirals, when activated, become more flexible in nature and gain the ability to spin at high speeds around the arms or in front of the Machina, allowing it to deflect small arms fire and slice enemy armor, as the spirals glow a bright orange, infused with energy from the unit's Axis core.

Accepted :)

I'll be making a character thread whenever I decide we are ready to start, which hopefully should be by the weekend, or earlier for that sake.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

LtFox

I'll make something soon, I already have an idea for the mech.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Juggtacular

Name: Raiden "Ray" King-Tetsugi

Role: Pilot
Personality: Ray is a laid back individual who just likes to have fun when and where he can. He likes to make people laugh and feel good, even if he isn't actively trying to; it just tends to happen. Even when in combat situations or testing out the mechs, he tends to keep this attitude. However, what he acts like doesn't hinder his performance in any way.

The reason being is that in stressful situations, he retains a calm and keen mind on the inside despite what's happening on the outside. So while he might be spouting insults and jokes to try and throw an opponent off their game, in his head he's focused solely on the fight and doing things like trying to calculate possible attack vectors and weak points. He's something of a ladies man and tends to flirt with any pretty girl that crosses his line of sight.

Backstory: Raiden was born after Hideo Tetsugi, Founder and CEO of Lotus Enterprises met and fell in love with Alexis King, a top ranked US journalist who was covering advancements made by his company. During the week long interview the two hit it off and fell for each other nearly immediately. They began spending all their available time together, and in only a year and a half, they'd gotten married and Alexis moved to Japan. Not long after that, they had a child. Due to his rather privileged lifestyle(best tutors, best schools, best trainers, etc...), Ray was blessed enough that his potential for athletics and technology were fed from a young age and nurtured.

He got good grades, and once school work was done he'd either be found training in anything from sports to martial arts, or on his computer, or tinkering around with engine parts. Once he hit his teens, girls fell into the equation and he started spending time with them too. Lots and lots of time. Despite his laid back attitude, it was clear that if he wanted, Ray could easily work for his father and one day take over the company; or he could throw a wild card and make it big as an athlete.

He never got the choice though, because his father helped shelter the fleeing scientists from the war and technology from Lotus Enterprises working directly in conjunction with them helped improve the Machina. He' been close friends with all of the scientists before the war, it was only right  him to help them when they became refugees. With practically unlimited funding and off the grid facilities, they got a lot of work done before the US invaded. Thankfully Hideo was able to keep his involvement secret, but with the new and improved suits needing testing, he couldn't stop Ray from volunteering, and he was highly qualified.

Sexual ons: Oral, Anal, Foreplay, Teasing, Rough Sex, Flirting, Public Sex
Sexual offs: Vore, Scat, Watersports, Gore, anything bloody

Other: Heterosexual. Ray has a bad habit of dropping whatever he's doing if an idea or inspiration pops into his head. Unless it's in a training session or a fight, he'll stop everything to write his idea down or expand upon it.

Name: 005-Dragoon

Armor: 3
Agility: 8
Accuracy: 5

005-Dragoon was created with two things in mind. Overwhelming speed, and roughly equal attributes designed to compliment said speed. It's one of the fastest and most agile Machina created, and is an excellent short-mid range combat unit. Using it's speed, it darts around it's opponents and the battlefield using hit and run tactics; and while it's armor is decent enough to take a hit, it's easier to just not get hit in the first place isn't it? Thankfully Ray's keen mind is capable of keeping up with the blazing speeds of the Dragoon and his reaction times are enough that he can make full use of it.

Weapons:

Beam Cannon: On it's back, Dragoon sports a Scorpion Tail, with it's 'stinger' being comprised of twin beam cannons. The base of the tail is mounted in a turret fashion and allows for 180° rotation and movement, making it's firing range very deadly.

Dragon Fangs: Attached to Dragoon's arms via a set of extremely long and maneuverable blocks are the Dragon Fangs. They are rather large and the front of weapons can be used as shields to blocks many forms of enemy fire. Their true purpose though are as high speed, mid range attack options. When launched, the Fangs are propelled and can be manipulated in flight in a number of unpredictable and highly erratic motions, making them hard to follow in combat. The actual fangs are in the fashion of pincers and have two triangle shaped blades on the inner lining of each side. These blades vibrate at high speeds so in conjunction with the crushing and piercing power of the pincers, slice through enemy armor with ease.

Beam Trident: Dragoon's Beam Trident is it's melee weapon that has three pronged energy blades on either end of a long shaft. The blades themselves are generated from a power battery in the shaft, meaning it doesn't drain the actual Machina when in use, and the power draw itself is negligible, so they can be used for long amounts of time without losing power. The Trident can be bisected in the middle and used like twin blades.

MissFire

That sounds like a lot of weapons for a mech that's not very strong.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Juggtacular

Those are basically the weapons of the Altron/Nataku Gundam that I'm basing it off of. And none of them are even heavy weapons.

Inari

Gundams usually are quite strong power wise but some what weak in the armor department.

Lynnette

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 14, 2014, 07:33:34 AM
Those are basically the weapons of the Altron/Nataku Gundam that I'm basing it off of. And none of them are even heavy weapons.

I would argue that they are not heavy in a Gundam setting. If you gave this stuff to lets say... the mechs that we saw in the start of Code Geass, they would be OP as fuck. Power in general can't be gauged by the power in the source material, because it's so different. If I picked something from Gurren Lagann as an example, I would immediately make myself pretty much invulnerable, extremely powerful and still keep up the speed, something that... It would be game breaking, simple as that.

*Runs to get get breakfast out of oven before it lights on fire*

Overall, it's looking alright, there seems to be a lot of glass-cannon style builds, something that honestly don't surprise me at all, I was expecting it, and I should probably have designed my own to even it out a little bit.

One thing you should be aware off, that everybody should be aware off, is that the bases you make now, they are not re-configurable. There will be chances to change equipment, improve equipment, and add equipment later in the game, there's no reason to make yourselves as overpowered as possible from the get-go, it's freeform after all. I'll think about it, but I would have preferred it if you toned it down, if so only a little bit.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Kimera

Aww....No gurren lagann...

*Puts galaxy sized mech back in the original packaging*

Lynnette

Quote from: Kimera on August 14, 2014, 08:13:12 AM
Aww....No gurren lagann...

*Puts galaxy sized mech back in the original packaging*

Who produced that packaging in the first place? If so, could you hook me up? I miss having bigger boxes whenever I'm moving.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on August 14, 2014, 07:54:44 AM
One thing you should be aware off, that everybody should be aware off, is that the bases you make now, they are not re-configurable. There will be chances to change equipment, improve equipment, and add equipment later in the game, there's no reason to make yourselves as overpowered as possible from the get-go, it's freeform after all. I'll think about it, but I would have preferred it if you toned it down, if so only a little bit.

Mid-season upgrades. Also, you could do like myself and have the upgrades already present, but not functional or only partly functional as of the start of the story. These are unfinished prototypes, after all.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Kimera

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on August 14, 2014, 08:15:51 AM
Who produced that packaging in the first place? If so, could you hook me up? I miss having bigger boxes whenever I'm moving.

Well your stuff might already be in one of their boxes....along with the rest of the universe ;)

Lynnette

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 14, 2014, 07:01:27 AM
Name: Raiden "Ray" King-Tetsugi

Personality: Ray is a laid back individual who just likes to have fun when and where he can. He likes to make people laugh and feel good, even if he isn't actively trying to; it just tends to happen. Even when in combat situations or testing out the mechs, he tends to keep this attitude. However, what he acts like doesn't hinder his performance in any way.

The reason being is that in stressful situations, he retains a calm and keen mind on the inside despite what's happening on the outside. So while he might be spouting insults and jokes to try and throw an opponent off their game, in his head he's focused solely on the fight and doing things like trying to calculate possible attack vectors and weak points. He's something of a ladies man and tends to flirt with any pretty girl that crosses his line of sight.

Backstory: Raiden was born after Hideo Tetsugi, Founder and CEO of Lotus Enterprises met and fell in love with Alexis King, a top ranked US journalist who was covering advancements made by his company. During the week long interview the two hit it off and fell for each other nearly immediately. They began spending all their available time together, and in only a year and a half, they'd gotten married and Alexis moved to Japan. Not long after that, they had a child. Due to his rather privileged lifestyle(best tutors, best schools, best trainers, etc...), Ray was blessed enough that his potential for athletics and technology were fed from a young age and nurtured.

He got good grades, and once school work was done he'd either be found training in anything from sports to martial arts, or on his computer, or tinkering around with engine parts. Once he hit his teens, girls fell into the equation and he started spending time with them too. Lots and lots of time. Despite his laid back attitude, it was clear that if he wanted, Ray could easily work for his father and one day take over the company; or he could throw a wild card and make it big as an athlete.

He never got the choice though, because his father helped shelter the fleeing scientists from the war and technology from Lotus Enterprises working directly in conjunction with them helped improve the Machina. He' been close friends with all of the scientists before the war, it was only right  him to help them when they became refugees. With practically unlimited funding and off the grid facilities, they got a lot of work done before the US invaded. Thankfully Hideo was able to keep his involvement secret, but with the new and improved suits needing testing, he couldn't stop Ray from volunteering, and he was highly qualified.

Sexual ons: Oral, Anal, Foreplay, Teasing, Rough Sex, Flirting, Public Sex
Sexual offs: Vore, Scat, Watersports, Gore, anything bloody

Other: Heterosexual. Ray has a bad habit of dropping whatever he's doing if an idea or inspiration pops into his head. Unless it's in a training session or a fight, he'll stop everything to write his idea down or expand upon it.

Name: 005-Dragoon

Agility: 8

005-Dragoon was created with two things in mind. Overwhelming speed, and roughly equal attributes designed to compliment said speed. It's one of the fastest and most agile Machina created, and is an excellent short-mid range combat unit. Using it's speed, it darts around it's opponents and the battlefield using hit and run tactics; and while it's armor is decent enough to take a hit, it's easier to just not get hit in the first place isn't it? Thankfully Ray's keen mind is capable of keeping up with the blazing speeds of the Dragoon and his reaction times are enough that he can make full use of it.

Weapons:

Beam Cannon: On it's back, Dragoon sports a Scorpion Tail, with it's 'stinger' being comprised of twin beam cannons. The base of the tail is mounted in a turret fashion and allows for 180° rotation and movement, making it's firing range very deadly.

Dragon Fangs: Attached to Dragoon's arms via a set of extremely long and maneuverable blocks are the Dragon Fangs. They are rather large and the front of weapons can be used as shields to blocks many forms of enemy fire. Their true purpose though are as high speed, mid range attack options. When launched, the Fangs are propelled and can be manipulated in flight in a number of unpredictable and highly erratic motions, making them hard to follow in combat. The actual fangs are in the fashion of pincers and have two triangle shaped blades on the inner lining of each side. These blades vibrate at high speeds so in conjunction with the crushing and piercing power of the pincers, slice through enemy armor with ease.

Beam Trident: Dragoon's Beam Trident is it's melee weapon that has three pronged energy blades on either end of a long shaft. The blades themselves are generated from a power battery in the shaft, meaning it doesn't drain the actual Machina when in use, and the power draw itself is negligible, so they can be used for long amounts of time without losing power. The Trident can be bisected in the middle and used like twin blades.

Okay, thanks for toning it down like I requested. Accepted :)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

pendarious

[/url]
Name: Kiritaka Ryotaro

Role: Mechanical Engineer and Machina repair specialist.
Personality: Ryotaro can be anything between an angry jerk and a goofy pervert. He in general is fairly laid back and easy going but when the machines he works so hard on are damaged he becomes angry perhaps comically so. When there is a cute girl around he can be a bit of a pervert and a goofball. To sum him up he's a socially awkward mess.

Backstory: The kiritaka family is by and large a rather poor family with little to no money or prestige to speak of. Ryotaro would consider his childhood rather normal despite this fact nor does he really dwell on it much. He just likes to brag that through sheer hard work, study, and even what he refers to as sheer dumb luck did he manage to get through college and even get hired by the military as a mechanic. He was married though the marriage didn't last long due to his wife getting sick of him spending most of his time either at work or looking over documents for work so she divorced him. Fortunately for him they never had a child so he doesn't have to pay child support or anything like that.

Sexual ons: Younger woman, Oral (recieving, or giving), Anal (Giving),vaganil, bathing suits (seeing younger girls in bathing suits really attracts him)
Sexual offs: Older woman, heavy extremes Ie Vore, water sports, gore

Other: Heterosexual screwball with fairly bad luck with woman (despite having been married once), He tries to be friendly or polite but often screws up due to his slight temper issues or his love of alcohol.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Inari

Name:  Mizuki Terasu
Personality: Some say that for her rank and battle prowess that she is too laid back for her own good. They also question how she became qualified and gained some of the honors that she has. She loves challenges and has a habit of worrying people with her enthusiasm during battles or during training. Off the battlefield she is friendly, flirtatious and enjoys playing pranks on people from time to time.  However when the situation calls for it she can be serious and offer good tactical advice.
Backstory: Mizuki is the only child of a military couple. She was born and raised on the base and soon as she was old enough she enlisted into the army and then into the air force. After a while she then gained special training so she could operate both Tanks and Air Craft. Due to her performance and speciality she was recommended for the Lazarus Arc project and transferred just as Japan was over taken. Now she has the challenge of using her training for both Air craft and Tanks to operate a machine she has never seen nor even worked before.
Sexual ons: Dry humping, sex with clothes on, giving oral...
Sexual offs: Toilet play, beasties, power players
Other: Gender and sexuality mean nothing to Mizuki as she believes there are no boundaries in love. She hasn't managed to keep a relationship longer than three months. Before she was transfered it became a running joke among her squad mates to make bets on how long her partners would last each time she had a new one. However since the take over Mizuki has sworn herself off relationships as she feels that there is no time for anything complex such as intimate emotional contact.

===

Name: Anubis 007
Mechanism type: Solar and cyber interface.

(Distribute 20 points over the four different categories below. At least two points are suggested to add to each parameter.

Strength: 5

Weapons:

Arm Cannon
Battle staff
Laser Shot
Homing Lasers
Burst Shot
Grab
Shield

===

Figured I'd throw the basics down while I was thinking about it an carry it on once I have had a nap. Hope this is ok so far?

Lynnette

Pend, I already said it through PM, but approved, Starcry, looking good so far :)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Kimera

Teaser...gonna finish this over the weekend. Not sure on what to use for her mecha

Name: Suzume

Role: Pilot, I think
Personality: (Just a quick summary to get a rough idea, doesn’t have to be 100% accurate)
Backstory: (More info on this below! Doesn’t have to be too long)

Sexual ons: (Please don’t direct to Ons and offs, give a few here)
Sexual offs: (Same as above, give us a few here!)

Other: (doesn’t have to be filled in)

Kimera

:3

All mine now

Now just need to find a cool mecha for her to pilot

Moon Hound Hati

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Daaaamn those ladies look fine. I'm tempted now to find a new image for my charcter. I wants my pilot jumpsuit! :P

Lynnette

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on August 15, 2014, 10:32:48 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Daaaamn those ladies look fine. I'm tempted now to find a new image for my charcter. I wants my pilot jumpsuit! :P

Well, you could always try and see, and if you don't, you still have your original picture to come back to? :P
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

pendarious

pfft...now we have Asagi and Purple Heart/Neptune in the game huh?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND