Temurah~Ice Queen's Downfall (Interest Check: Medieval Fantasy)

Started by Vlexia, December 25, 2015, 05:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlexia

My crave for the basics has me returning to writing once more. A craving for the simpler life; a world that lacks the distractions of technology, the deceitful front of presumed power, and the pettiness of slovenly laziness that would leave our barbaric ancestors shaking their heads in shame. I crave a return to a world where men were men, not spoiled males who don’t quite know what to do when told “no”, but actually masculine men. The type that hunted a prey like an animal and then bedded his woman like one when he came home. I crave a return to a world where women were women, not weak females who think they must be petite virgins with big doe-eyes to be lovely, but rather stunning displays of femininity and confidence. Women who are brash, bold, and beautiful.

This is a world I both crave and desire, and I seek out a group of collaborative writers to expound and create it with me. My vision is as follows...

Temurah. Once a green, forested elven nation of plush nature, flowing water, and vibrant life, is now an icy wasteland. Situated in the Northern regions of a world called Pveth, the Temurian people do not remember a time when snow, ice, and glacial air was not a part of life. It was so long ago it now seems like a fable as oral traditions and folklore have taunted the minds from the older ones down to the now younger, more bitter generation.

Despite the everlasting life given as a blessing to elvenkind from the Gods eons before time existed, the race has dwindled down in depression from a large thriving civilization to a small inhabited country bitten by frost. Food is scarce, housing is shallow, and any resistance is brutally searched for and snuffed out by the Ice Queen who started it all.

White Lady. Frost Queen. Ice Bitch. The people call her what they wish, yet her name is Divijah. Once a woman of noble birth who seduced the King for power, Divijah, trained in destructive magic by her mother, overtook the Kingdom of Temurah piece by piece, heart by heart, soul by soul, until there was no living thing left to enslave. Not even the birth of her twins could quell her frosted heart as her cruelty intensified through the years. Her lust for power overtook all sensibilities, allowing her to turn her throne room into a trophy display of ice sculptures that were once warm breathing lifeforms. Questioners were silenced, instigators disappeared, objectors were made examples for others to avoid.

Her husband, in a desperate act, took their newborn son and daughter and fled the country, traveling over the Sawtor Mountains and deep into the Eastern Plains. Fearing retribution, either now or in the future from her escaped family, Divijah cast a dynamic spell of eternal winter over the land, making it all but impossible to escape through the now-snowy Sawtor Mountains, or try to cross the border from the other side.

The Elven Population of Temurah has been trapped for over 500 years. And a new rebellion is brewing.

Okay, so there is a brief synopsis of my idea. When it comes to roleplay ideas, I do not like to dictate too much where the story will lead as I feel that stifles the creative ideas and different views other writers bring to the table.

I will play the role of the Ice Queen, and I am only pre- requesting for the role of Palace Steward/Advisor. A loyal male or female (The Queen will most likely be using him or her for personal sexual use so whomever takes this role be prepared for that) who counsels the Queen, and is her seeing eye throughout the Kingdom as he/she is also the leader of an intricate and complex circle of spies.

Anyone and everyone else can choose to be people in the palace, civilians, rebel leaders, spies, or even go to the other side and choose to write the role of the Runaway King, what he has been up to and planning these last 500 years to take his Kingdom back. This is a big world and I hope to get enough people so that everyone can see the different sides to this story.

Lords, Ladies, Lieges, playing themselves or opposite genders are accepted. My only prerequisite is that anyone who shows interest loves and takes pride in writing. These posts can range from 3-30 paragraphs, but they must be well written, full of detail, and edited.

I will post a Character Sheet if enough interest is garnered, but other than that, thank you for reading.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Belisuavious

I'd like to express some interest, possibly as the steward/adviser. Would they have some leeway in how they speak of the realm or are they held to the same standards as the rest of the population?

Vlexia

Well, for this role I would like the advisor to support the Queen. I imagined that person to be "in love" with her, very devoted. So he would speak of the realm positively.

I think that answers your question.

Belisuavious

I was more wondering how truthfully he'd be speaking? He'd always have a positive twist to put on it but how honest would he be about advising her?

Vlexia

Oh, that. No the only thing I was pre-pre-requesting was the supportive role itself. You have full freedom on how you would like to play it. She would trust him so he need not fear retribution unless he is blatantly disrespectful. But pure honesty would be preferable