Deviations: The Outbreak (Superhero Semi-freeform) (Recruiting OPEN - 1/24/13)

Started by Adonis, November 02, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

xPeachyPuff

Just posting here to make my interested known (: Still unsure of which direction I will take my character, but I will hopefully have her up sometime in the very near future.

- Rainbow

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

xPeachyPuff

*Waves to Kokaine* Hey (:

Typing up my character sheet as we speak.

- Rainbow

xPeachyPuff

Here is my application. Would love to hear any feedback people have on her. Hope she's acceptable. I tried to pick something other than Regeneration because I always seem to pick that in games like these XD But I couldn't help it, haha.

- Rainbow

Character:

Name: Abigail Dallas Wakely.
Ethnicity: Caucasian.
Sex: Female.
Relationship Status: Single.
Previous (Or current) Profession: Full time Dance College student, Voluntary Contemporary and Jazz dance coach-in-training and evening/weekend waitress.

Extra Eye Candy: #1 #2 #3 #4

Appearance:

Hair: Red.
Eyes: Blue.
Skin: Pale with defining freckles across her face and other parts of her body.
Weight: 105lbs.
Height: 5'1" (154cm.)
Other: Abigail has one very small tattoo on the inner part of her right wrist of a small bird with a thin line leading to the word 'Believe'. Her ears are pierced once on each lobe and even though she wants more, she holds back because of her dream of having a dance career.

Information:

Personality: Abigail is very good at picking things up and is a extremely hard worker. She takes challenges in her stride and enjoys being able to overcome them. She has become good at hiding what she really feels and although she is quite an emotional person, she tends to bottle things up and its very rare that she will show anybody what she is truly feeling; if they're quite oblivious of their surroundings and other people, they would probably have no chance of getting anything out of her. Abigail isn't a very confrontational person and tends to keep her opinions to herself, even if she knows that shes right. That being said, if she spots someone picking on another person or being unnecessarily mean to somebody who isn't able to protect themselves, she will step in. She isn't one to be out spoken and tends to beat around the bush when she has something to say that could cause harm to somebody else.

Background: Abigail was born to an average, middle-class family as an only child; her father a highly respected businessman for an advertising company and her mother a socialite who kept up good appearances with the other ladies of the company. Her father was often away on business, so she didn't see much of him in her younger years. The two were older when they had their only child, so Abigail didn't always have many friends to play with when she was younger as all the other company members children were a fair bit older than her. When she started school, she was a very timid child who struggled with making friends, but did manage to make a good few later on in her school years. Despite that, Abigail was always one for good school work, which was good for her mother to boast about to the other society members.

From a very young age, her mother started her dancing career, putting her in local ballet classes. Although she struggled when she was younger, Abigail started to excel from the age of six years old. She started taking part in shows at the age of seven years old and began taking part in other dance styles from the age of nine. Most of her life was dedicated to dance and school, so she was often denied chances to visit friends from school or even attend any parties she was invited to. Of course, as she reached her early teens, she did rebel a little, but her parents were terribly strict and she soon stopped her behavior out of fear more than anything else. Her mother only tightened the noose, so to speak, and even though she grew to absolutely hate her life at home though her mid teens, she didn't attempt to rebel against her mother again.

When she was around eighteen, she was coming to the end of her High school years and this was when she met her first boyfriend, James. The two managed to keep their relationship a secret, as her parents would go absolutely mental if they found out about him and things were fairly good for a while. He wasn't the type that her parents would have her go out with. Her mother would say he was common and uncouth, but Abigail found him charming; she loved how different he was to her and thought that because he was older than her, he'd be more mature. However, around a week after their first night together, almost one month and three weeks into their relationship, she knocked at his apartment and a strange woman answered the door in nothing but a night robe. She found that he was cheating on her. Breaking off the relationship wasn't easy, he was the first person she'd ever been with, but she managed to avoid him after that and thankfully he didn't come looking for her again. This relationship is still a secret from her parents.

At the end of her school days, Abigail was pushed into picking a college from the few that her mother had picked for her. The list consisted of three usual college and one dance college. Of course, having the dream of being a professional dancer, she picked the dance college. She also asked her parents if she could move closer to the college, considering it wasn't at their door steps like a couple of the other schools. They reluctantly agreed after some convincing, and enrolled her to the college as well as hunted her down a small, one bedroom apartment only a street away from the college. They paid her tuition, deposit as well as first few months rent, but from there she had to get a job to continue to be able to pay her own way. After finding herself a job and fitting it in around her classes, she found a spare two hours on one weekday evening to fit in assisting a dance class for children.

The shot was a spur of a moment thing really. On her way to college one morning, she spotted her doctors had put out a banner advertising the flu jab and she booked herself an appointment the next day. The day went according to plan, she got her shot and things went seemingly normal. However, when she woke up the next morning she felt worse than she would have expected. She called into college to explain her absence but went into work that evening. Things only got worse throughout the day and she was sent home from work that evening. Abigail retired to bed early that night in hopes of feeling better after some sleep. Unfortunately the night was incredibly rough, but in the early morning everything seemed to suddenly stop; it was the most bazaar thing she'd ever felt in her life. It was only the next morning that she noticed anything was different, when she sliced her finger with a knife when she was preparing her breakfast, only to have it close up almost instantly. Little did she knew that something similar was happening to other people in the town.

Symptoms:
Regeneration Rate (Self-healing) - SL - 1 - Ability to close minor wounds (superficial.)

Hobbies and Interests: Dancing (while she loves all styles, she takes part in ballet, jazz, lyrical and contemporary classes), Singing, Acting, Adrenaline rushes, Animals (particularly dogs), Music (specifically Jazz and 'old-timely'/period' music), Food in general (though mainly junk food.)

OOC Ons and Offs: Here are my O/O's for you to check out!

Adonis

She looks fine to me :) Go ahead and move her over to the approved character sheets section here. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189069.0

Make sure to say hello in the ooc!
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Adonis on November 16, 2013, 06:30:51 PM
She looks fine to me :) Go ahead and move her over to the approved character sheets section here. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189069.0

Make sure to say hello in the ooc!

Brilliant! I will do that (: Thank you again!

- Rainbow

PhantomPistoleer

Character:

Name:  Marty Stevenson
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single (Plagued by an Ex-Girlfriend)
Previous (Or current) Profession: College Student, Photographer*

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: White
Weight: 170 lbs.
Height: 6'1
Other: None

Information:

Personality:  Marty is sociable, agreeable and friendly.  He enjoys parties, get-togethers and special events.  His favorite thing to do is to visit airports and watch families reunite.  He admires natural beauty and human inventiveness, and attempts to capture that in his photography.  Some of his friends think that he is a bit of a tortured artist, but Marty is very content, despite being prone to fancy.  He is idealistic and unambitious, but dutiful and responsible.  He enjoys spending time with his family, and visits his grandmother at a nursing home three hours away on a weekly basis.  He can be counted on by his friends to be there when they need him -- whether it be a shoulder to cry on or help changing a tire on the side of a freeway.  He possesses a lot of useless knowledge, including skills that have been made obsolete by modern technology.  He's sort of a hipster.  He wants to rent a house so that he can homestead and raise chickens, but he isn't ready to move out of his hometown.

Background:  There isn't much to say about me.  I'm in college.  I want to be a photo journalist in some warzone in a country no one here has ever heard of.  I want to be like Jimmy Stewart in Hitchcock's 'Rear Window.'  I want the same apartment, the same job and Grace Kelly to swing by from time to time with some brandy.  Between my scholarships and my part-time job as a wedding photographer, I make do in a small sublet with my best friend, Donovan.  We have a lot of friends and they call our place 'Rick's Place,' like from 'Casablanca.'  We keep things classy.  At least, we try to keep things classy.  It's the attempt that counts, right?

Donnie and I have been friends since we were eight years old.  He wants to be a journalist, too.  Like me, he likes to party.  Never selfish, always considerate, never a tussle between us.  I love Donnie like a brother.  And Donnie has gone missing.  His parents are worried.  His sister packed up his things just the other day, and we spent a solid evening drinking and crying over our loss.  But you know, there is something to it that I can't tell anyone.  I want to help Donnie, but I'm afraid that I'll just end up like him.  This is the part that gets a little unbelievable, but one day, out of the blue, with no real consideration for cause or reason, Donnie... flew.  Without a wire, he ascended and descended at will, contradicting gravity as simply as my saying it.  It was astounding and beautiful.  I took a picture of it.  And it's the last picture I have of my friend.  He disappeared into the clouds and from my life in the same instant, without explanation to his whereabouts.

I have been avoiding my schoolwork lately.  I have developed a morbid fascination by the inexplicable situation I find myself in.  There is a pattern, right, a sub-context in all of the newspapers.  People are disappearing.  There is no physical connection between them.  Male, female, child, senior, it doesn't make sense.  And no one wants to say anything.  The media isn't making the obvious connections.  Police presence seems to have increased.  And I...  I feel different.  I am different now, too.

Symptoms:  SL1: Strength (Ability to lift 250 lbs.)

Hobbies and Interests:   Photography, Music (REALLY into John Denver), Record Collecting, Partying, Board Games, Movies, Books

OOC Ons and Offs:  See O/O!  Marty is considerably more vanilla.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Deathnote

Character:

Name: Edward 'Turbo' Lau
Ethnicity: Chinese
Relationship Status: Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: Police Detective-Sergeant of the Glenside Police Department

Appearance:

Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Slightly tanned
Weight: 160 lbs
Height: 5ft 10in
Other: N/A

Information:

Personality:
Perhaps due to being a police officer (albeit a fake one), Ed maintains a serious nature and a sense of professionalism.  Due to his double life, he is able to appear approachable and friendly to other people when he has to.  If he is given a job, he will see it through to the end.  He is also, however, ambitious and craves power more than anything else in the world.  He loves being in control of other people and will usually not miss out on a chance to go on a power trip.  He is not above abusing his position of authority or stabbing other people in the back in order to get what he wants.

Background:
Edward, or 'Turbo' as his friends liked to called him, had a juvenile record about a mile long.  Most of his crimes involved carjacking for small time chop shops, who often employed underage thieves with the reasoning that even if the thieves were caught, they would only be sent to Juvie for a short period of time.  As Ed's employers predicted, as soon as he turned 18, his entire criminal record was wiped clean.  He then moved to downtown Glenside and got his G.E.D.  It was there that he was recruited into the local Triads.

Ed was a low-ranking member of the triads when he was approached by triad boss Left Hand Jack.  Ed was given the opportunity to act as a mole by joining the police force.  Jack made sure that Ed had the necessary education to make it far in his newly appointed career.  Anyone who had any significant knowledge of Ed's criminal past was also eventually "dealt with".  After graduating from the police academy, Ed was supplied by Jack with considerable amounts of information on criminal dealings.  This allowed him to apprehend and arrest several "small fish" and quickly rise in the ranks.  After serving as a police officer for a total of four years, Ed was made into a detective.  After realizing just how successful his life had become, he made the decision to kill off Jack during an investigation.  This incident immediately caught the attention of his colleagues and superiors alike, making it that much more likely for him to climb the ladder of success.

He continued making backroom deals with other criminals in order to further his success, mostly by selling out either one of his police colleagues or one of the criminals he made deals with.  Shortly after becoming a Detective and killing Jack, Ed joined the Special Weapons and Tactics Unit as a sniper.  Although he was a SWAT team member, it was a secondary position for him so he still had to do the same duties as a regular detective.  He preferred being able to continue doing regular detective work as opposed to being a full-time SWAT member since he had heard that full-time SWAT members rarely saw promotions.  Being a secondary SWAT member, on the other hand, meant that he had more chances to prove himself as a detective.  Two years later, he was promoted to his current rank of Sergeant, though it would technically be more accurate for him to be called a "Detective-Sergeant".

Then he got his flu shot...

Symptoms:
Heightened Intelligence: SL - 1 - Character now has photographic memory (no comprehension)

Hobbies and Interests: Martial Arts, Anime, and Chess.

OOC Ons and Offs: Eh... just check my role play preferences...

Adonis

Phantom, your sheet is fine, go ahead and move him over.

Deathnote, I need to PM you about a few things here in a minute about your sheet.
O/O's

Love And Submission

Character:

Name: Giovanni  McGuire
Ethnicity:   Fourth  Generation Italian American
Relationship Status: Twice Divorced
Previous (Or current) Profession: Indefinitely-Suspended FBI Agent/ Current Private Detective

Appearance:

Hair: Brown Crew Cut
Eyes: Brow
Skin: Olive
Weight: One Hundred and Eighty Five Pounds
Height: Six Feet Even
Other: Generally disheveled and  worn out , Giovanni is  your typical high class high functioning alcoholic. Sure , He may not be covered in  bile and slurring his words like your typical town drunk  but his bloodshot eyes and generally hazy  demeanor reveal  his constantly intoxicated nature. Though he does dress spectacularly  for a man of his allegedly meager means. Generally  appears in  loose fitting high class Italian suits. Perhaps he thinks it hides his nefarious nature.

Information:

Personality: Greedy , Rebellious and Incredibly Manic.  These are the  word's Gio's last  wife used to describe him at their divorce hearing. Well not   manic , that  was on the last performance review his supervisors at the FBI gave him.  That performance review painted him as a low rent real world version of your typical cowboy cop of the nineteen seventies. A mischievous and manipulative deviant obsessed with keeping others in line while ignoring his own personal demons. Wait. It was actually Gio's first wife that called him a manipulative deviant at their divorce hearing. The Cowboy cop thing was totally the FBI though. Despite his faults , his many  terrible faults , Giovanni is a capable and seasoned investigator  with a keen sense of justice. No matter how perverted that justice may seem to the   public.

Background:  To understand Giovanni  McGuire , the first step one must take is back to New York city in the mid nineteen twenties. This period of time in New York City would see a huge uptick in Italian immigration , attempting to escape the rise of fascism in their homeland. One such immigrant was Salvador  Manfredi  (Giovanni's great great  Grandfather.) Salvador came to America with the dream of escaping  the  violence  and corruption that over ran his  small hometown in the heel of Italy. Unfortunately , Upon arriving in America , East Harlem specifically he found many of his fellow countrymen were now getting rich running illegal speakeasy's. Not wanting to see his new home plagued by the   deviancy of  his old home ,  Salvador enrolled in the local police force for which he worked for three decades. He was an outstanding police officer who helped curb the growth of organized crime in New York City.

Given Salvador's  heroic reputation for law enforcement , It  is no surprise that his son and his son son's also went into law enforcement.  Giovanni however did not share his families lust to  the heal ills of society at first. But his  overbearing family and  unwillingness to disappoint his father , sent him  down the path of lawman nonetheless. Given his Family's connection in the law enforcement world and sparkling performance record , It should come as no surprise that Giovanni would eventually find himself  a  proud member of the Federal Bureau Of Investigation. Except he wasn't all that proud of it. There wasn't exactly a lot to be proud off. Recent Budget Cuts due to  funding being transferred to the NSA and CIA due to the war on terror meant  Giovanni was grossing  well under one hundred thousand  dollars a year. Not exactly  a generous sum for a man on the front lines in the war on crime.

Of course the terrible pay wasn't the only thing Gio hated about the job. Long Hours and having to travel  almost every other week  meant that it strained  most of  his relationships and cost him his first wife. However it would turn that the job did come with certain perks and a  supposedly  "profitable" way out in the form of a successful bank robber  by the name of Howard  Jones. Mr . Jones  and his accomplices  managed to steal over seventeen million dollars from several  high security banks over a five year period until he was shot in the leg and captured  robbing  a bank in Buffalo , new york.

Luckily for  Mr. Jones the bullet was non-fatal and perhaps even luckier for  Giovanni McGuire he was charged with transporting  Mr . Jones back to California  to face five counts of felony armed robbery and two counts of murder. "Unfortunately" for both of them the small prop plane  Agent McGuire had  acquired  to transport Mr. Jones crashed over the Nevada Desert. The Crash knocking  Agent McGuire unconscious and allowing Mr . Jones to escape into the barren waste of the  Mojave. Regrettably as a result of  Mr. Jones escape from his custody , Agent McGuire was indefinitely   suspended from the FBI. Thankfully though after a few months of harrowing unemployment , a strange and mysterious benefactor began to leave  muffle bags full of unmarked and untraceable cash on  Giovanni McGuire's doorstep on a biweekly basis.

With These Generous Donations , Giovanni was able to leave his terrible bitch of a second wife and buy a waterfront Condo in Glensdale. Sadly ,  since the FBI would find this perhaps a tad bit unsettling Giovanni had to set up his own totally legit  private  detective agency in Glensdale. Of Course since Private Detective's need a license in Glensdale , It meant Mr. McGuire had to get a physical and a flu shot which seems to have had a few unintended consequences.

Symptoms:
SL-1 : Regeneration Rate (Self-healing)

The morning after getting his flu shot , Giovanni awoke to find that the usual pounding hangover that accompanied his early morning activities hadn't manifested itself. He also noticed the surprising lack of blood when he cut himself shaving in the bathroom mirror.

Hobbies and Interests:
Drinking , Premarital Intercourse  , Driving Fast , Firearms , Firing Firearms ,     Money , Enforcing his own sense of Morality on the unsuspecting public and Yogurt.

OOC Ons and Offs:

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Kokaine

Character:

Name: Aurora Shaw
Ethnicity: Filipino/Caucasian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Widowed
Previous (Or current) Profession: Illustrator (Graphic Novels), Erotic/Fetish artist (primarily photography), owns quite a bit of real estate due to her husbands' death

Appearance:

Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Skin: Pale Olive - tans easily
Weight: 120 lbs.
Height: 5'7"
Other: Aurora has a tattoo of a sleeping Koala bear clinging to a branch on her left shoulder, as well as a couple others.

Information:

Personality: These days Aurora is a bit more subdued than she once was. Previously she was a bright ball of energy zipping about here and there and doing as she pleased, rules be damned! She lived life as she saw fit, open to all and full of music and creativity and joy. But that was before she made the biggest mistake of her life and in a move that defied all logic (at least where she was concerned) got married at 19 to a man nearly twice her age. One with a hollow pit of darkness living inside of him. There are of course remnants of the girl she was still apparent thanks in part to her art which has given her an escape, but for now she moves about eaten by guilt over what she did--or rather didn't do. Of course, being Rora, she is slowly finding her backbone again and is determined to reclaim some of what she feels she lost.

Background: As the daughter of a high profile plastic surgeon to the stars and an heiress turned successful event planner, Aurora could have easily turned out to be a spoiled, self-important brat with faulty morals. However, being only peripherally aware of her parents and their connections and busy schedule, she was instead more focused upon her own little world and the fun she shared with her older sister and younger brother. She grew up to be more than a handful. Prone to rebelling against rules she felt were stupid or too restrictive, she often did as she chose, when she chose, consequences be damned.

Despite her penchant for breaking the rules, Aurora was a decent student. Classes in which her natural creativity could be expressed were the ones she did the best in but she did possess enough self-discipline to make it through the other assorted boring classes with at least passable grades. It was her intention to go to Art school, and well, as with all things Aurora wanted she did indeed get to go but her first year there she met a man who completely charmed and dazzled her. Hunter Shaw seemed to 'get' her and was more than happy to indulge her wherever he could. He spoiled her with both attention and gifts and made things happen for her in the art world that she never would have dreamed could have happened--at least not so soon. Her sister warned her she should tread carefully because something about her suave suitor wasn't quite right but Aurora was the sort to trust her feelings and she loved Hunter (or thought she did anyhow) so without a backward glance she charged full speed ahead.

Things were great while Aurora remained in Art school but as soon as she graduated and two settled down in Glenside, things began to change. Looking back now she can almost pinpoint the moment her rose colored glasses were shattered, but at the time she though nothing of the at first small changes in her husband. By the last year of their marriage, Aurora was a completely different person, one even her parents couldn't recognize. She couldn't even manage to play up the image of a happily married woman anymore and while she wished like hell she could walk away, Hunter had already made it perfectly clear that wasn't an option.

Aurora's salvation, and damnation, came in the form of a vaccine. She had no clue that something so insignificant could be so life altering but after both she and Hunter took ill, it quickly became apparent. Hunter wasn't an old man but in his 44 years he had lived hard, putting his body through quite a lot. That meant his fight with the vaccine was even more difficult that Aurora's own. After a few days she was much better but Hunter was growing steadily worse. Finally they had to give in and take him to the hospital where they claimed they couldn't do much for him. Faced with his own mortality, Hunter made plenty of promises to his wife of eight years while she sat there with him. She didn't believe a word he said of course and that night, after he had finally fallen asleep, Aurora left the hospital and did not return.

It was two days later when Aurora discovered her own ability by accident. It was just a small thing, her sister had come down to keep Aurora company and was in the kitchen chopping veggies for a salad when she cut her finger. Rushing over with the first aid kit, Rora started to clean the wound but all of a sudden it closed right up--right before both of their eyes. What's more, Aurora could feel it, the pull, like some sort of tug from inside of her. After overcoming her initial shock and disbelief, she considered going back to the hospital to see what she could do for her husband with her new found ability but no matter how she tried to convince herself, in the end she just couldn't make herself do it. She couldn't go back to that room. Her husband passed away that very night.

Aurora does not know that her healing ability would not have been strong enough to heal her husband of his illness and so she lives with the guilt her inaction has caused. She has not used her ability again since.

Symptoms: Induced Healing (via touch) SL - 1

Hobbies and Interests: Art (various forms/media), the human body, body art, dancing, yoga, boating, spontaneous fun (used to at least), loves food, kink (due to her husband)

OOC Ons and Offs: "Alpha Male" types, confidence (can even border on arrogance/cockiness), simple affection (small touches, hugs, kisses, cuddling), sensation play, a little manhandling, rough, sensual, passionate sex, etc. With somebody she trusts Aurora would be open to quite a bit (ask if unsure). Dark hair, long hair or facial hair (neat), height/size, humor, and protective males are also pluses with Aurora.

My O/Os

Adonis

Dtw and Kokaine, both have my approval. Feel free to move them over.
O/O's

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Adonis

O/O's

Senti

Adonis

But of course! There should be a character sheet template on the first page. Should you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me on here via PM, this thread, or my YIM (it's on almost 24/7).
O/O's

Senti

You can ask everyone I am a good girl...I have a few idea's is it ok for my character to be British?

Adonis

There's no reason why she couldn't be. Just keep in mind that the city that it's based on is US-based, so she'd have to be vacationing, dual citizenship, there for studying abroad, etc.
O/O's

Senti

Quote from: Adonis on November 22, 2013, 07:29:22 AM
There's no reason why she couldn't be. Just keep in mind that the city that it's based on is US-based, so she'd have to be vacationing, dual citizenship, there for studying abroad, etc.

the idea is a punk poet/ stand up comedian so she is on tour.

Adonis

O/O's

Senti

I will send her to you politely....but do not expect her to be polite.