News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hogwarts Rebuilt (Almost ready to start)

Started by kckolbe, September 18, 2012, 09:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photo

I'm making another charry.

two if you'll let me Kckolbe.

and, good call on only four specialty points, the second class characters should be borderline useless(exaggerated to express concept) , as far as competitions and story goes.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

kckolbe

As long as you are confident that you have the time to manage 3 characters, then you may play them.  Also, just to clarify

Primary Students: 20 in abilities, 8 specialty points, 2 Destiny Points
Other Students: 17 ability points, 6 specialty points, 2 Destiny Points

I can definitely vouch for the fact that secondary students can still be significant.  I made some damn challenging ones. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Photo

righty- o, good clarification

I'll make my second one, and see how i feel about a third. sent you a pm Kckolbe, it's mega-relevant
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

kckolbe

I haven't received one from you Photo.

EDIT:  Never mind, I got it.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

kckolbe

All right.  HangedMan, Photo, and BetaBonk are all just about done with their characters (at least the primary ones), and I have started working with Rel Mayer and AribethAmkiir.  Hoping to see some more drafts or at least concepts.  Matthew, Lumasan, Calypso, Kdyami, and Jane, please let me know if I can help or if you are just no longer interested.  Either would be completely understandable.

Also, for anyone who cares about gender ratios, it looks like we are a bit heavier on males now.

Intro Thread

Sephiriel

Still interested...by tomorrow you shall have at least a draft.

BetaBonk

This should be the finalized stats for my character... and if gender ratios are important for erotic considerations, I don't know how you'd want to count this lad as he's bi and yielding, so can count as female, depending upon the guy in question.  :-)

Main Char: Danner Higginbotham

BetaBonk's char; backstory & such to follow --
Agility 3
Animal Handling 5 - - Charm 1B, Train 1B
Athletics 2
Awareness 3 - - Empathy 1B
Cunning 3
Deception 2
Endurance 2
Fighting 2
Knowledge 2
Magical Expertise 3 - - Charms 1B
Magical Projection 3 – Charms 1B
Magical Studies 3 - - Potions 1B
Marksmanship 3 - - Ray 1B
Persuasion 4 - - Seduce 1B
Reflexes 3
Status 2
Stealth 2
Will 3

Qualities:
Lucky
Expertise: ME Charms
Fear of Corpses & Crypts (Necrophobia, includes Inferi in this setting)
(1 Destiny point reserved)

Intrigue Defense=5
Composure= 9
Combat Defense=5
Health= 6
Passive Resistance= 8, 12
Damage= 1, 0, 3
Movement= 4
Sprint= 16

Kdyami

Still interested, just having an emergency at work I'm finishing up should have it up late tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Sephiriel

Am I doing this right?

NUMBERS
Agility: 2
Animal handling: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 3  - Empathy: Determine true intentions 1
Cunning: 3      - Memory: Recall useful information when the time is needed 1
Deception: 3    - Disguise:  Concealing ones identity visually 1
Endurance: 3   - Fortitude:  A chance to resist spells 1
Fighting: 2
Knowledge: 2
Magical Expertise: 3
Magical Projection: 4
Magical Studies: 3  - Defense Against the Dark Arts 1
Marksmanship: 2
Persuasion: 4           - Charm 1, Convince 1
Reflexes: 3
Status: 3     - Reputation: you are able to make yourself seem and appear more important then your actual position warrants 1
Stealth: 2
Will: 4

Qualities
Charismatic:  Choose a Persuasion Specialty, gain +2 bonus to all tests with that Specialty.
Compelling: Gain +1 to Influence with Charismatic Specialty in Social Combat.

Disadvantages
Supreme Arrogance:   You take a penalty to all Awareness tests equal to your Status rank.

Derived Stats
Intrigue Defense = 6
Composure = 12
Combat Defense = 4
Health = 9
Passive resistance = 12/16
Damage = 1 (armed)/ 0 (unarmed)
Movement=  4
Sprint = 16

CalypsoNymph

I'll admit I'm still interested, but I'm not sure if I should add another RP right now... would it be allright if I responded once every two or three days?  Or is that too slow?

I'm into transformations (mental and physical), gender bending (preferably male to female), mind control, forced impulses, love, wants/desires, etc. etc. etc., and being the sub... though I am learning to be a cruel Dom.  ;D  If you're interested in any of this, either PM me or take a look through my ons and offs or my cravings, and then PM me!  ;D

kckolbe

Every three days is perfectly fine, and I don't want anyone posting IC more than once per char per day.  All I would ask as a possible exception is that if all I need from you is a roll for you to do the roll as quickly as possible or permit someone (whether it be me or another player) to do the roll for you so things don't get held up.

So, having seen four characters now, I can't help but notice that all seem to focus on social combat, and am not sure why.  I advertised this as a game that would feature a lot of Quidditch and duels and competitions, but no one's characters have been interested in those things.  Is everyone building their characters this way just because that seems standard?

I guess I'd like to know what kind of content you guys want from this game.

Intro Thread

Sephiriel

I am quite interested in those things...just wanted my character to suck at competition when it comes to the physical/magical kind and give it the chance to improve. Does that make any sense?

kckolbe

It makes sense, but it would take a lot of experience all put into those areas to make her, and several others, competitive, and those experience points won't appear until some of the challenges are over with.  And it isn't just that no one has done Quidditch or dueling specs.  It's that everyone went to social combat.  If I had one social combat type, and one Arithmancy prodigy, and someone with a knack for animals (like Beta), I wouldn't mind as much, but every first draft character has been geared toward social combat.  I just don't get it is all, unless the idea is to prevent your char from being "out-argued/seduced" by another PC. 

Just one of those moments when a GM realizes that the players *might* not want the same thing as he does.  Right now, I worry that all the PCs are going to sit on the sidelines while the NPCs compete against each other.

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

I am, myself, not particularly interested in the sports. So it's hard for me to play a character that would be.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Quoted stats from earlier

Agility 3
Animal Handling 4 Ride 1B, Train 1B
Athletics 3
Awareness  3
Cunning  2
Deception 2
Endurance 4 Resilience 1B
Fighting  2
Knowledge  3
Magical Expertise 3
Magical Projection 3
Magical Studies 3
Marksmanship 2
Persuasion 2 Charm 1B
Reflexes 3 Quickness 1B
Status 2
Stealth 2
Will 3 Dedication 1B

Qualities: Night Eyes, Animal Cohort
Drawbacks: None

Intrigue Defense: 4
Composure: 9
Combat Defense: 6
Health: 12
Passive Resistance: 16/12
Damage: 2/1/4
Movement: 4 yards
Sprint: 16 yards
Fluffy bits!

Name: Alphonse "Al" Lanselot
Sexuality: heterosexual male

Height: 5'8
Weight: 220 lbs
Build: Wiry
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

House:
Year:
Classes:

Wand: Nine inch long standard chestnut wand, core material is griffin feathers from Belda and Obda. This wand is particularly well suited for Alphonse, because of the personal connection he has with the animals providing the core material. It makes for a good defensive wand, but can be difficult to properly wield.

Personality: A wild child with a Fae demeanor, Alphonse` loves animals and the wilderness, where he is most at home. He has a tendency to speak his mind, and is very innocent, but not naive. He is slow to trust others, but when he comes to like a person, he is a fierce guardian of them, and not to be trifled with.

History: His parents have, for the longest of times, worked at a small ranch where they breed Griffins, and where they also teach wizards and witches how to handle them and ride them.  They also breed Krups, Kneazles, and many others, in addition to running a magical veterinarian service.

It is no shock, then, to see that Alphonse has a gift when it comes to animals. He understands them on an intuitive level, and much time spent amongst the animal kingdom has resulted in having a wild streak, and being a bit wary of his fellow man.

He spent much time as a child being taken care of by Belda and Obda (female and male, respectively), griffins that had been at the ranch for a long time, and which were personally owned by his parents. Belda loved to nurture him and take him for flights, even as a young child, and the mother griffin considers him one of her own.

He had a special request of Ollivander for when it came time to make his wand. He brought with him feathers from Belda and Obda, and wished for a wand to be specially made. His parents were supportive of this, and although it was highly unorthodox, the wandmaker acquiesced, as he could tell the significant bonds the child had with these animals, not to mention their own magical nature, would make for a well-suited wand.

He is known as something of a trouble maker around the school. He has never gotten into serious trouble, but does spend a lot of time in detention, because of his rambunctious nature.

When he grows up, he wants to work with dragons.

Familiar: A half-lynx half-kneazle named Memento Mori, typically referred to as Mori. A very large and predatory feline that is very protective of its master. Mori listens well to verbal commands from Al, though, and has never caused problems (though it's certainly frightened a few people over the years).

Mori has been allowed into the school as Alphonse's familiar on several factors: Technicality (being that even if it is a large cat, it is still a feline), the fact that his parents are well respected members of the magical community and carefully bred Mori themselves, and the fact that Alphonse has been able to demonstrate to the school staff that he is capable of handling the animal without difficulty.
Check out my poet tree!

Kdyami

Ok here's what I got. Let me know if this is right please.

First Attempt
Agility – 4
* Acrobatics – 1
Animal Handling – 2
Athletics – 3
Awareness – 2
Cunning – 3
Deception – 2
Endurance – 3
Fighting – 4
*Long Blade – 1
Knowledge – 2
Magical Expertise – 3
*Transfiguration – 2
Magical Projection  – 3
*transfiguration – 1
Magical Studies  – 3
Marksmanship – 3
Persuasion – 2
Reflexes – 4
*dodge – 1
*quickness – 1
Status – 2
Stealth – 3
*slight of hand – 1
Will – 2

Advantages
Animagus – Wolf
Fast
Night Eyes

Disadvanteges
Marked – Scares from a wolf attack

Derived Stats
Intrigue Defense=5
Composure= 6
Combat Defense=7
Health= 9
Damage= 2 armed, 1 for unarmed.  Large, two-handed weapons do 4

(Dont know where to get discipline and fortitude or run scores from)
Passive Resistance=12 + Fortitude OR 8 + Discipline,physical or mental
Movement= 4yards + (Run/2)
Sprint= Movement x4
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

BetaBonk

Quote from: kckolbe on September 22, 2012, 04:14:48 AM
Just one of those moments when a GM realizes that the players *might* not want the same thing as he does.  Right now, I worry that all the PCs are going to sit on the sidelines while the NPCs compete against each other.

It may simply be a matter of perception.  I suspect most people have defaulted to social skills because school (both RL and at Hogwarts) is almost constant social combat.  The sports events and brawls are but brief intermissions among the social sparring.

But I'm sure if you ask for more physical characters, you'll get them.  I wouldn't mind making up a second (sporty) char, but this being my first outing in Elliquiy, I had been resisting taking too large a bite  :-)

kckolbe

Kdyami, definitely unexpected.  Was not expecting to see longblades on there.  Be interesting to see how that works out.  Planning on playing him as a Chaser or Keeper?  Also, will you use the format HangedMan did?

Hanged, if you want the familiar you described, you will need the Animal Cohort quality, which I have now added.  I will also need a justification from you on why such a strange animal when be allowed as a familiar, given that only toads, rats, owls, and cats are normally allowed.

Beta, that is possible.  I'll give it a shot and ask for more physical characters then.  Personally, I think that playing a social character will be harder, as there will be less going on to tie them into (though I did add something minor).  Feel free to do a second char. 

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

I edited. Ditched Charm for Train specialty, ditched Danger Sense for Animal Cohort. Plus, in the fluff, I added an explanation for why Mori is allowed at the bottom. Let me know if it works.
Check out my poet tree!

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kdyami

I was thinking chaser actually yes but I'm open to whatever. I try to be a team player :)   I'm had a vision for a character that was raised not knowing about magic and then discovering he could perform it. And as such had grown up fencing. Will flesh it all out in the character sheet.

Ok. What format did HangedMan use?  And for what?  Because: Sure. If you want me to. But I don't know what that means.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Kdyami on September 22, 2012, 11:27:37 AM
I was thinking chaser actually yes but I'm open to whatever. I try to be a team player :)   I'm had a vision for a character that was raised not knowing about magic and then discovering he could perform it. And as such had grown up fencing. Will flesh it all out in the character sheet.

Ok. What format did HangedMan use?  And for what?  Because: Sure. If you want me to. But I don't know what that means.
I believe he's talking about what I used for the "fluffy bits".

Name:

Height:
Weight:
Build:
Eyes:
Hair:

House:
Year:
Classes:

Wand:

Personality:

History:

Familiar:
Check out my poet tree!

Photo

very small rebuild. I changed my charms to curses, and I dropped my favoured spell for another destiny point.
Added photos for my own personal flavour, others are welcome to look though, bottom spoiler.

Character sheet

Name: Vexa R. Gaudia
House: Slytherin
Appearance: She looks like a haunted porcelain doll. Vexa dresses in expensive clothing. She comes from a wealthy, well-to-do family, but she can wear these clothes without a pompous look on her face. She has long curling black hair and pale white skin that often contrasts to her dark green clothing. Proud of her Slytherin house, she flies the colours often. Long and thin, tall, and almost gangly, Vexa looks unhealthy most days, she doesn't like to sleep, and she wears heavy make-up around her eyes anyway. It's mostly genetic though, her self image is high, and she considers herself to be one of the sexier women at the school.
Brief background: Vexa's father had a family history of witchcraft that dated deep into the old days. Her mother's side of the family was more modern, but she was born a pure blood, and she's deathly proud of it. Their family hadn't been active at hog-warts for many decades, now, Vexa and her two older brother's are studying with dire intensity. (friends in high places - brothers). For years, both of her parents' families were hidden in the muggle world. So, she is only slightly removed from the every day life of people unaccustomed to the world of wizardry. She feels like this gives her an advantage over 'hog-wart kids', especially 'hogwart mud-bloods'. These are both families that have attended the school for a long time and no longer see the privilege that they have as long expected students, and fantastic childhoods. Vexa didn't always know that she would be at hog-warts, so she treats every day like the last day of her life.
Personality: Vexa is an opportunist at heart, and a thinker when it comes to every day life. She does look at every conversation like a challenge, and all of her fellow students are rivals. This nature comes out of her more often than anything else, and she treats most people rather poorly, including her instructors. However, she does respect people, and she is willing to help them if she receives something in return. Respect doesn't always equate to friendship, Vexa is cold, and doesn't truly like to spend time with other people. She is willing to make friends, but its hard to say if she's able to. Most people would likely have a difficult time trusting her, and on good merit. But, she is capable of being a good person. It just goes heavily unadvertised.

Qualities: Friends in High Places: +1B to all Persuasion tests with characters of Status 4 or greater.
Disadvantages: Poor Health: Reduce Endurance tests to remove injuries or wounds by 3.

THE NUMBERS

Agility                 - FOUR-
Animal Handling - TWO-
Athletics             - TWO-
Awareness         - FOUR-
                *Empathy: Determine true intentions
Cunning             - THREE-
                *Decipher: To determine true meaning of coded messages or messages in another language
                *Memory: Recall useful information when the time is needed
Deception           -THREE-
Endurance          - TWO-
Fighting              - TWO-
Knowledge         - THREE-
                *Education: History of Magic, Astronomy, Muggle Studies
                *Research: Searching for the answers needed
Magical Expertise  - THREE-
Magical Projection - THREE-
               *(Curses)
Magical Studies      - THREE-
      *Herbology
Marksmanship        - TWO-
Persuasion             - THREE-
Reflexes                 - TWO-
Status                     - THREE-
                *Reputation: You are able to make yourself seem and appear more important then your actual position warrants
Stealth                  - TWO-
Will                        - FOUR-

STATS
Intrigue Defense= 6
Composure= 12
Combat Defense= 6
Health= 6
Passive Resistance= 8  OR 16
Damage= 1/0/3
Movement= 4
Sprint= 16

Destiny point Invested upon character creation - FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES. I like this a lot!
WAND
Warped: Your wand has knots in it that interfere with casting, and builds up magical energy.  -1 to all casting rolls, 1 in 6 chance to add +2 to affect rolls.

photography NSFW at the end 'Sort-ofSFW' at the beginning

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Kdyami

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 22, 2012, 11:46:38 AM
I believe he's talking about what I used for the "fluffy bits".

Ahh. Ok. Cool deal. Should have that up after work. Aka very early tomorrow.

kckolbe

Quote from: Kdyami on September 22, 2012, 11:27:37 AM

It's definitely a workable concept.  Conventional combat is rarely seen in the setting, so I streamlined the rules for it considerably, since in the system I adapted this from, combat was a large portion of the rules.  Let me do a quick glance over at damage and make sure I am happy with that, as I didn't playtest normal combat as much.  Still, liking the character. 

As far as format, I meant for the numbers.  Basically I was looking for

Agility 4 Acrobatics 1B
instead of
Agility – 4
* Acrobatics – 1

Photo, looks good, and lovin the pictures.  Were you still wanting her to be a Seeker? 

Intro Thread