Obviously, stuff is broken : /

Started by Vekseid, November 22, 2009, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Okay, so, as some of you know, a number of SMF's queries were really inefficient in prior versions, so I decided to upgrade to SMF RC2 as the server was dying, a lot, and many of those queries are repaired. I also corrected a memcached issue so the forums should be faster in general.

Since this is a new theme, there are some issues that need correcting:

1) Restore the triple-column layout. Also do other boardindex minor things like have the 'users online today' click-expand.
5) Figure out who is having trouble posting and get in touch Seriously, if someone can't post please let me know.
2) Fix the ons and offs extension. The new theme layout broke that one explicitly. Also correct html issues in other extensions. (Some theme silliness remains)
3) Fix the smileys. Maybe add the animated ones Jouzinka always uses this time, too >_>
7) Re-integrate the ons and offs profile display
6) Re-do signature tweaks
9) Re-add floatright/floatleft/image padding/justify/etc bbcode and other source tweaks.
8) Move Blue Moon and Lunar Radiance to newly purchased account. Doing Sexisnormal today, WE&T has someone to care for it, need to find someone for PrP. For the most part this is done, however : )
10) Move stuff into the style so people can create new subthemes. The ons and offs are currently not in - however they can wait for now : )

4) Handle remaining mods. Stop Spammer, MX Check and Referrals.

Javascript bugs:

a) Fix the bug so usernames entered into private messages can be selected with the 'enter' key Reported to the SMF team.
b) Fix the dropdown bug - causes browsers to blank textareas on forward/back/restore This is a bug in Firefox. Reported and accepted to the SMF team.
c) Fix hotkeys - ctrl +b/i/s/etc

Feel free to ask questions or comment.

Blue Moon and other high-load sites are going to be moved off-server, onto a new VPS account that I just purchased. That should also help during peak hours, though yes, I need to beg for money : / On the other hand, since I don't need to be so paranoid I can sell web hosting account access directly, so if you are interested in getting something out of defraying Elliquiy's costs, pm me : )

I'm also getting my stuff together to setup affiliate programs with, finally, plus (I hope) a ccBill account and other discrete things. It just takes money to set up : /

Thank you all for your patience : )

Caeli

Thank you for your hard work, Veks. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Kip

Yep thanks Veks! 

I hope there is a sanity break somewhere between those steps :D

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Izu

Thank you for your hard work!
There are new emoticons?  ???

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Dakota

There are 3 sets of smileys on this version that can be user selected :p

Caeli

I liked the minimalistic smileys the most. :-( Oh well.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

jouzinka

This looks interesting. Out of the monotematic stereotype.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Dakota

Veks if you want some help with the theme issues i can put you in touch with someone reliable, He's already re-designed the curve theme for me lol

Vekseid

Quote from: Caeli on November 22, 2009, 06:13:21 AM
I liked the minimalistic smileys the most. :-( Oh well.

They'll be back >_>

Dakota

Lol to be honest i prefer these new ones

Oreo

Don't kill yourself in the effort to fix it all Veks. :D You have a patient lot of people here I'm thinking. *hugs*

I like the old ones too, they were less intrusive in the script.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izu

Fixing glitches is the most boring and annoying part of coding, so take your time, Veks <3

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Nadir

Dakota

kongming

New smilies? Is there a GAR smiley?

Anyway, a problem I noticed: my bouncy avatar and the chat are located on top of the "You have >9000 messages". Now, if I have an unread one, the bigger red text stands out enough that I can notice it and click it still, but it's a bit of a pain.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

SinsOfEden

Wow. Nice overhaulin', Veks.

Thankies.   =3

And take your time in fixing things. There is no rush.
  |≈|  Apologies/Absences  |≈|  On's/Off's & More  |≈| 

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 
{Between Zyrkirius and Lloyd... Zyr is currently present.}

~ Current avatar ~

|≈|  Zyr's Beast  |≈|  Lloyd's first intro.  |≈|

Doomsday

Gah, I'm glad it's not just me! Everything looks so weird :-(

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Spunky

It looks cool and user friendly. I like that the Shoutbox is much easier to read now.

When will the Bookmarks be back? Any idea?

Dakota

The mods need to be altered to work with this version of the forum software as veks stated above ^^

Mithlomwen

*hugs*  Thanks for all of the work you put into making E such an amazing place, Veks.  You are awesome. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Spunky

Quote from: Derrian on November 22, 2009, 07:57:29 AM
The mods need to be altered to work with this version of the forum software as veks stated above ^^

Okay...thanks...I guess that answers the question about bookmarks? I must have read something wrong. I'll just wait patiently. *kisses and hugs for Veks and mods*

jouzinka

Guys, why don't we leave Veks working? I'm sure he'll fix whatever he'll come across and after that he'll call on us to report any bugs we find that he might have overlooked?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Nadir

What happened to my 'fro!!!!

O8) <- so wrong!