Kingmaker (Pathfinder) - closed

Started by Autocad, April 21, 2013, 10:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

I see rangers, clerics, rogues and spellcasters... I think I'll throw together a good old fashioned knightly type, to hold the line and fight for honor, glory, truth and justice. And it'll be a chick, just cause those characters are ALWAYS dudes.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

MrBubbles

Ooh, so that covers all the initial party roles. Now things have come full circle and I'm left to design... Well, a character to fit any of a party's needs!

Actually on that note, do you want all of the characters to embark from Brevoy together, or is it possible for them to pick up members while on the road (or even at Oleg's?) Kind of intrigued on making a Bandit that decided it might be best to work for the PCs.

Muse

We should embark from Brevoy together, but maybe gloss over some of the initial journey. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Anon315

In conjunction with our rogue of dastardlyness, I will be creating a mad scientist!
To Save Space

Aedren the Magnificent
Tiefling Vivisectionist Alchemist

Background: Aedren has always been a little eccentric, in dress and also in manner. He's studious and proper, a generally good individual in the public eye, but in private he tends to experiments best not considered. His skill with a scalpel and blade contend with others with skill well beyond his own, perhaps an attribute gained from his demonic heritage. He tries not to attract attention to himself, at least beyond uneasy looks, and generally succeeds.

Personality: In public or when not immersed in study or battle, Aedren is an odd sort, although friendly almost to a fault. The better to hide his Hyde. Under the effects of his mutagen, he becomes a beast, and in the privacy of his labs he becomes an almost inhuman fiend... which is almost fitting, given his inhumanity. Thus far his experimentation has confined itself to animals, but who knows where his mind would allow itself to wander given the chance?

Sexual Content: I'm generally okay with just about anything. It doesn't bother me what other people choose to do, and if I don't like it I have (generally) the ability to decline. I don't mind non-con though, so no worries there.

Role/Build: He'll be a vivisectionist alchemist, which would pair nicely with the rogue for flanking sneak attacks of DOOM! He'll also have some poisons (eventually), a few other spell-like abilities, and plenty of fun antics.

Anon315

Also, for Blinkin (Who I realize can't see it), I had this image pop into my head when I read your character app:

She's elven, an archer, blonde, and hot. Plus there are a million images of her if others want more.

Autocad

You will start with arrival at Oleg's, actually.

Florence

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(Ignore the clothes and the weapon.)

The illegitimate child of a local noble with no evidence to her claim, Adelise has been mocked by the local nobility as a fool and liar. Scorned and bitter, she traveled, training in the combat arts to try and prove her honor and worth. In her journey, she discovered not glory, but purpose. She saw the hardships faced by the meek and helpless, and decided to take up arms in their name, campaigning against evil as a Cavalier of the Order of the Shield. Raising her banner high and charging into battle atop her steed, she brings justice to the wicked at the edge of her sword, and aid to the weak as they need it. Never asking for thanks or reward, she strives only to do what is right, to never forsake her code of honor, and her oath to defend those in need.

Adelise is a Cavalier, charging into battle at the front lines, taking the enemy head-on and protecting her allies from harm. She is eloquent in speech, but uncompromising in her values and harsh-in-tongue to those she disagrees with. In contrast, she is remarkably gentle in action and word to those in need, and to those she values as friends. She has taken no vow of chastity or any such thing, but her never-ending mission of justice leaves her little time for a love life.

As for sexual stuff, I'm a proponent of the 'what happens, happens' mindset of RP, but personally, I'm not terribly interested in rping her sexually at the expense of story progression. She's not really designed to be the sort to be boinking around all over the place. That said, I have no qualms, and would actually love to have sex scenes with the character that actually serve to develop her character or the overall plot. The character herself is bisexual, with a strong leaning towards women, though she's not very outgoing sexually, as she tends to stay focused on her knightly mission.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Meliai

Oriana, the bastard princess
Sylvan sorceress

Human. Bastard campaign trait. Bitter, headstrong illegitimate daughter of King-Regent Noleski Surtova.
I'm thinking she'll focus on enchantments and buffs/battlefield control stuff, though I'm open to other options if there's overlap with other party spellcasters.

Background: Oriana is the embarrassing result of a one-night fling Noleski Surtova, then a mere baron, had with a beautiful young dancing girl from Varisia who was passing through on a trade caravan. Her existance went unknown for three years until the Varisian and her caravan, all but forgotten by this point, came through once more. She spoke briefly to the young lord, and awkward, stilted conversation by all accounts, before disappearing back into her cart for the remainder of the traders' stay. The morning they left, one of House Surtova's maids discovered a small girl playing in the courtyard, a note addressed to Nokeski pinned to her dress. He knew the claims of her heritage were true; even if the circumstances were hazy, the girl's resemblance to the family was uncanny. With the already tangled web of politics in Brevoy however, a child born of an unmarried head of house was a terrible scandal. Not so cruel as to just turn the child out, she was taken in as a foundling and unofficially adopted by a handmaid of Noleski's sister, Natala.

Though Oriana grew up among the servants' children she was always a perceptive girl, and no one gossips like Nobility. When she was ten, three years after the disappearance of every member of the Rogarvia bloodline, Oriana finally overheard the last snippet of whispered rumor she needed to piece together her true heritage. Bursting into the now-king's quarters in a tiny ball of fury she confronted Noleski, and tough she couldn't extract a confession his reaction convinced her that her conclusions were correct.

Over the next years, as House Surtova strengthened its hold over Brevoy, Oriana became more and more of a nuisance, using her not-inconsiderable social charms to sew seeds of discontent among the sons and daughters of visiting nobles, flaunting her un-spoken status in the castle and doing everything within her power to question the legitimacy of Surtova's claim to the throne of Brevoy. In truth, Oriana finds the idea of rulership determined by blood to be laughable at best, and disastrous at worst and over the years has found her sympathies lying more and more with the residents of the former Rostland.

Eventually even her father's blood couldn't protect her from the family's wrath, and after a particularly impudent comment made in front of a group of visiting dignitaries Oriana was given an ultimatum; behave herself or be exiled in everything but name. To the surprise of all, she chose the second option, and before month's end was off to Oleg's Trading Post.

Personality: Oriana has long since given up any hopes of being acknowledged by House Surtova and in fact claims no family name at all.  Rather than find her lot in life by riding the coat tails of her father, she intends to make a name for herself (literally) through her own blood, sweat and tears.

An energetic, headstrong girl, Oriana is the sort of person to throw her whole being into whatever she sets her mind to. Though many might expect a pretty young sorceress to be a bit prissy she has no qualms with getting her hands dirty and pays no mind to wealth or social status, endevoring to judge people based on their skills and deeds rather than the circumstances of their birth

Strange echos of some fey ancestor draw Oriana to nature, and a powerful wanderlust makes her restless when confined to one place for too long. The goddess Desna seems to speak to her very nature, and in the last few years the young sorceress has become a devout follower of the Starsong.

Sexy junk: Content wise I'm okay with everything up through NC-Exotic, and a few things that could potentially push a game into Extreme. As far as frequency goes everything from "Sex? What's sex?" to "Could we maybe stop fucking for a few scene so we can stab some orcs?" is fine. Generally I like to let the amount of sex scenes sort of come about naturally than try and pin it down too exactly before the game starts.

I thiiiiiink Finn and I might be working off the same campaign trait, hopefully that's not a problem.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Muse

*Waves* 

Finn, Meliai, those are both really hot.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Florence

Meliai, we are, but if Autocad is fine with it, I think it could actually lead to some interesting chemistry between the characters, with similar origins, but fairly different personality types now, Adelise being this calm... mature-beyond-her-years knight, and Oriana being energetic and headstrong. Especially if they wind up being general and ruler respectively, given Adelise's focus in strength and, I'm assuming Oriana has good charisma, being a sorceress.

If it IS a problem, I'm more than happy to change Adelise's backstory so we can both get in xD Cause, as I indicated above, Oriana looks way fun, and could potentially have fun interactions with Adelise even without that common trait.

Though I sort of feel like I need to step up and improve what I put up for Adelise, since your post looks way more impressive xD

Blinkin

Quote from: Autocad on April 21, 2013, 09:28:16 PM
First, I have to apologize.  I didn't realize you have a legitimate reason for not being able to provide a portrait until now.

Now that I know, of course I will not hold a lack of pictures against your application,  should you change your mind about withdrawing.

Ok, twist my arm. I'll withdraw my withdraw and toss my hat back in again. I think I applied before, but I'll look for it and post it again below.

And there's no need to apologize, everyone misses it regardless of how many places I put it. I forget what it's like to just scan a page for post and such; going line by line takes just a little longer. lol

Name: Lydia Redfern
Race: Half-elf
Class: Ranger
Height: 5'7
Weight: 124 lbs
Party Position: Ranger, Forward Scout, Fire Support. Will be specializing in the bow.
Prefered level of sexual content: Bring it on!

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of thick, blonde hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks; framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Sky blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles is accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well worked arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in natural colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest as she tracks evil beings wherever she might find them.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was over the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of orcs only by shere luck before she was found by an older ranger and taken under his wing just outside of a sizable settlement. As time went on, Lydia became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and made decent bows to sell in town from time to time for the extra coin.

Eventually, Lydia expanded her range until she began to approach the city itself and learned of the charter and the search for capable people. The opportunity to see new places and explore virtually unexplored lands gets her juices flowing and there she began her new journey.

(Note: Updated a bit. Still working on the character itself, but that 15 point buy caused me to alter my concept a bit.)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Quote from: Anon315 on April 21, 2013, 11:32:07 PM
Also, for Blinkin (Who I realize can't see it), I had this image pop into my head when I read your character app:

She's elven, an archer, blonde, and hot. Plus there are a million images of her if others want more.

She sounds great. :) I'll just adjust the character's appearance to a blonde so that it matches. The elf and half-elf are usually close enough to pass muster. Thanks!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Tydorei

I can't decide if I want to make a fighter or a rogue... A true born noble of Rostland or a bandit of too familiar with the stolen lands.

I think my rogue will be able to have more fun...

Autocad

Welcome Adelise, Oriana and Lydia to the team!

Please post your character sheets or links thereto here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172005
Whatever format you like as long as it is neat and tidy.

There're still one or two slots open, so chop chop get to it if you haven't applied already! (To existing applications, this does not necessarily mean you're already rejected.)

MrBubbles

Silas Korell
Brigand, Rogue, and all around Bastard
Level 1 Human Rogue

Traits taken: Child of the Streets, Brigand

Appearance:
By all accounts Silas would be considered a comely man; with muscular, well-proportioned limbs and a nicely defined face, he has learned long ago that using an attractive appearance is just as effective as using one's skill in arms, song or spells. His blonde hair couples nicely with a pair of icy blue eyes, and although he keeps himself shaved, the golden stubble that covers his face suggests a propensity towards a full beard. Tall and nimble, Silas is at his best when at his least encumbered; wearing tight fitting studded leather and unobstructed by anything larger than a knife or shortsword, Silas is able to move with a sort of cat-like grace that allows him to gain access to areas many would think impossible.

Nevertheless, there are aspects of Silas that are unsettling; the Rogue always seems tense, like a spring kept tight in a box, a quality that puts even the men he ran with on edge. Although initial glances will confirm he is decidedly easy on the eyes, those who gaze a tad longer almost always notice there's something wrong about him; the way his face is contorted often gives the impression he's being severe, and when he does smile, you firmly believe it's at someone's expense.

Personality:
Silas could best be described as a "dog chasing cars." His time spent in New Stetven as an orphan (and then later as a thief) have left him with a lack of wisdom beyond the law of the streets, giving him a dearth of basic morality, empathy, and respect towards others beyond how such a respect could profit himself. While this background has granted him a fierce sort of cunning, it has left him largely incapable of effectively thinking in the long-term; why prepare for next year when you're living week by week?

Silas is a man of masks; quick with a smile or kind word, Silas knows when and where to use social courtesies when they suit him, an understanding that envelopes everything from understanding dance and having a basic knowledge of noble customs. In truth however this is merely an act; an adopted persona to hide his much more rough and unkempt mannerisms. In actuality he is a rather amiable fellow, quick with a barbed joke or boast (of which he has many, Silas is a prideful individual bereft of any ounce of humility) and always eager to lighten up an otherwise dour situation... However this side of him is only seen amongst trusted friends and colleagues, and considering the types of people he works with, such opportunities are understandably rare.

Background:
The childhood of Silas is a story that has all too often repeated itself in history; born to a family of minor craftsmen in the city of New Stetven, Silas was orphaned at a young age, although to this day it is difficult to determine if they were murdered (and if so, by whom) or simply left town, leaving the young Silas alone in the city. Young, destitute and in possession of budding physical attributes, Silas became a part of the roaming gangs of child peddlers, pickpockets and thieves that commonly define the slums of a city. School in those years was the wisdom of the older children, his playground the byzantine streets, alleyways and rooftops of the city. As Silas grew, life seemed to consist only of the hunger in his belly and the next mark to steal from...

... Until he tried to pickpocket the wrong man, or possibly in this case the right man. Silas attempted to steal the coin-purse of Julian Amell, widely believed to be a man of importance within local thieving circles and an excellent rogue in his own right. Nevertheless, Silas was able to steal Julian's coin-purse and lead the burglar on a short chase before being caught, beaten and hauled off, perhaps for a bit of vigilante justice. What Silas got instead was a position as apprentice for the thief, who was more then impressed by Silas's latent kinesthetic senses, reflexes and tenacity.

As the years passed, Silas grew to learn much from his mentor; the art of swordplay, the secret canter that miscreants often spoke when in populated areas, where to cut and where to strike to incapacitate or kill a man (arts Silas reveled in, much to the concern of Julian.) Perhaps one of the more poignant lessons learned for Korell was that jewelry and gold are not always the most valuable possession of a target; it's their secrets. Documents, letters both official and confidential, deeds and wills and more became sought after possessions, "if you own a man's secrets" Julian once told Silas, "you own their life." It was a lesson Silas would never forget.

With time came experience, and as the seasons passed so too did Silas's training. Julian's instructions and the rigors of "fieldwork" shaped Silas's mind and body, producing a man adept in the arts of subterfuge, deception and thievery, but wanting in a true understanding of camaraderie or common society. With his initiation complete the Rogue was released into freelance work, with one price; sooner or later Julian and his friends will resurface to extract the investment they put into Korell, with interest. Working with rakes, sellswords and common thieves, Silas scoured the towns and cities of the lands in search of easy coin... Until word reached his ear that a call for adventurers has been made in Brevoy, seeking to colonize the Green Lands once and for all. Such an undertaking sounded dangerous, ambitious and profitable... Something Silas couldn't possibly ignore. So with a pocketful of steel and a heart full of hubris, he traveled back to the city of his youth to embark on the most important job of his career...

Party Role: Skill monkey and deadpan snarker, although if the party is in need of frontline fighters he could dip into a martial class and use his DEX to his advantage.

Sexual Content: Bring it on! I'm open for anything and everything, although toilet play and some of the more extreme fetishes make me a bit hesitant. As for frequency, I'm flexible; Kingmaker is a campaign I've been wanting to do for a long time, so I'm fine with any degree of sexual content as long as it doesn't substantially detract from the story itself.

Anon315

Quote from: Tydorei on April 22, 2013, 08:31:50 AM
I can't decide if I want to make a fighter or a rogue... A true born noble of Rostland or a bandit of too familiar with the stolen lands.

I think my rogue will be able to have more fun...

There are already two rogue apps and a vivi alch. I think maybe even an accepted rogue.

Tydorei

I didn't think the DM was going to choose applications so fast. <_<;
In any case, a Rogue has not been accepted yet. So I probably will still submit that. But in all likely hood, applications will close before I submit a character. Oh well.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

And... Silas is the lucky fourth. Put up a character sheet at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172005

Consolations to everyone who applied but didn't get in. There're probably enough of you to form your own game if someone is feeling brave...

Callie Del Noire

Damn wish I had seen this earlier.

Re Z L

Quote from: Autocad on April 23, 2013, 07:35:23 AM
And... Silas is the lucky fourth. Put up a character sheet at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172005

Consolations to everyone who applied but didn't get in. There're probably enough of you to form your own game if someone is feeling brave...

Much sadness  :(

Well good luck with the game~
A&A