RWBY Hunters and Villains interest check

Started by SweetRevenge, August 31, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

Those of you who know of RWBY, welcome! Those who don't, I do invite you to look into it. They're on their second season and things only keep getting better =D I've poked the interest in this kind of RP before, but it never really took off because I was never really pleased with how things mounted up, lacked active roleplayers. This time, I'll try to build things up myself and see how people react to my ideas.

I dont want something too much out of this world. RWBY lets our creativity run for a while, but I want something that sounds like it would be in that kind of world. I may try to control what will be added to the story more than the usual RP's I run, and that's simply because I didn't feel at ease with the selections that were given last time. The weapons and combat styles were a little too pushed and I wasnt sure how it would all deal out. So I'm basically looking for simple and effective, that can really follow the world of Remnant.

Story-wise, I had a general idea that can be spanned on; villain plans to destroy the world as we know it, hunters foil his plans. I am planning on possibly even being both an active hunter and a villain as characters. I will be most likely needing people on both sides as well. This is work in progress, and I do admit I'm not the fastest at developing these, but when my muse hits me, it hits good =P

Alright, so here's a good idea for profiles
Code Here

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Sex And Specie:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Alliance:[/b]

[b]Aura/Semblance:[/b]

[b]Weapon(s)/fighting style:[/b]

[b]Personality/Behavior:[/b]

[b]Character Flaws:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

Name: User name roleplaying as this character

Character Name: ...

Sex And Specie: Enter your sex (Male of Female) and if you are a faunice or human. If you are a faunice, also what kind of animal you are mixed with. Age can be entered here as well

Orientation: Straight, Bi, Homosexual, Pansexual, Asexual... Whatever floats your boat

Alliance: Which side do you part on? Hunters or Villains? It is possible to be in between but that's to be discussed.

Aura/Semblance: What do your aura and semblance do? This is one of the places that will require a lot of detailing. Be as concise as possible.
The difference between the 2, you ask? The aura is around you, your own frequency of energies that shield you from harm as they vibrate with your soul or charge your weapons. Some reflect your semblance, yes, but some are much more different. Your semblance is your personal, 'hidden' ability which you can manifest over a particular way. Examples are simple, such as Weiss' glyphs, Rubi's speed, Pyrra's polarity or Yang's 'tank' ability
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
She gets stronger the more she gets hit. It manifests as red eyes and flaming aura

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Another place that should be a descriptive as possible. Images are your best allies, but I will still recommend a few paragraphs here to describe the feats of your weapons, fighting styles and such.

Personality/Behavior: A paragraph at least, I want to know how your character behaves, interacts and reacts. This is your chance to make me feel like your character isn't just an empty shell of bad-ass, that he's alive.

Character Flaws: Whether it be in your personality or in your fighting styles, this is where you balance yourself out. Everything has a drawback in life, and no one's perfect. With a paragraph as bare minimum, what is your character's kryptonite? What makes him have a harder time, whichever the situation is.

Background: As descriptive as you like, all characters have been through hard stuff to earn their place, to have the will to strive for a better world, or for change. This section should make us understand why your character has such a personality.

To give anyone still wondering what I'm searching for, here's my profile, still a bit of a WIP
Name:SweetRevenge

Character Name: Xeo Silvers

Sex And Specie: 22, Male human

Orientation: Bi, leans towards women

Alliance: Hunter

Aura/Semblance: Xeo's aura pulses of an ice-blue, and his eyes may sometimes glow electric blue while he uses his semblance. His aura permits him to move faster, though he isn't the quickest one on the battlefield. He uses it much more for his weapons, namely Aegis arc. His semblance is levitation, in the terms that whatever he charges his aura into become unaffected by the laws of gravity. He remains fully in control of whatever levitates and may choose how it will move. He uses this to use with his swords as well as unto himself, effectively levitating him a few inches from the ground. Xeo can also lighten himself or objects jumping or throwing farther than an average human could. It can even permit him of flight, but for a limited time. The higher he goes, the less time he has left (can levitate a few inches from the ground for well over an hour but isn't able to fly in the sky more than half an hour)

Weapon(s)/fighting style:
Aegis Arc, the Multi-Sword: Aegis arc is a long sword covered in tiny little lines, it requires the use of aura to activate itself. This sword was designed to divide itself into a maximum of 12 swords, each blade with different characteristics, sizes and styles. Meshing different ones together give different outcomes, such as the katana form with the wakizashi give him an odachi, or the knight sword They all have compartments that open in their counterweights to place dust inside. Used along with his semblance, they truly meet their full potential as he wields them around him. He uses them mostly to fly around him, balancing out his lack in physical strength. (If he is essentially exhausted and can't use his aura, he can't use these other than using them as a normal swordsman) They can be used to block, splitting all 12 can take all true forms or form 12 identical swords (short ones take the parts of the longer ones while longer ones shorten to reach an even length for all 12 blades)

Exact list of every different blade WIP.

Lightning Reaver, the Storm Sniper Rifle: A powerful fully customizable sniper rifle with stabilizers and variable zoom, this rifle is one of the top-of-the-line weaponry that elite military units use. Fires as fast as one can pull it's trigger and designed to pierce whatever it fires at, this weapon was made in limited quantities and used nearly only by the most loyal of hunters, in fear it would fall into the wrong hands. It has been designed to shrink into the size of a sub-machine gun, but lacks it's true firepower in that state. Like all weapons, it can fire a variety of dust shots, and his normal shot is electric, bringing justice to name of Storm Sniper Rifle as shots ring out like thunder and bullets hit like lightning. Each clip stocks an amount of 8 rounds, but his normal rounds are stocked in a larger magazine of 20 bullets. The gun requires a little more sophisticated touch and maintenance, demanding the electric dust coil every 10,000 shots or so. The electric function is also removeable to save more shots, but rare are the ones who actually turn it off for that reason. Very reliable, it is nearly weatherproof. It is able to fire under water, but the guide book clearly recommends turning the electric dust coil off for such measures, in risks of a nasty backfire. The electricity coil also overheats if used too much too quickly, and emits electric oubursts venting out of the gun barrel and coil compartment. Firing more increases the chances of the weapon's backfire, destruction, along with heavy damage to the user, as if the electricity wasn't enough.

Personality/Behavior: Somewhat of a cold guy, he isn't the friendliest soul around. He has a natural way of pushing people away, not letting anyone really close, but that's mostly because he doesn't know how to handle others and his own emotions. Very much of a workaholic, he is nearly always concetrated on his mission goals. This made him a great hunter for the kingdoms, but that was all he was; a great soldier. Xeo secrelty yearn to have a group of friends, but he places little trust in others, mostly because his job was one where you risked your life constantly and people died all the time. With the few years of being a hunter and travelling around to fight evil, he chose to simply live on the job and never really settle anywhere. Xeo has high committment to his missions mostly because of his lack of committment in other sectors, never committed to stay somewhere or develop too much.

Under the cold scowl and razorblade stares, he's actually a genuinely free-spirit and kind fo easy-going. He enjoys to take things one thing at a time and loves to think. If it wasn't for his job constantly taking up his time, he would actually be found staring at the sky, enjoying a good smoke. He has rarely had the chance to taste what pleasure really is, and fun is somewhat alien to him, but it's mostly because he never had the chance to experience it. He also enjoys the faunice deep down, but his family tried to ground their 'fond' belief of the animal-people.

Character Flaws: Workaholic, arrogance and lack of empathy are great flaws in Xeo, for he never quite knows how to cope with them. He prones his work before everything, and sometimes feel like there aren't anyone superior to himself. A tireless hard worker, his social skills aren't very great and often finds himself to be awkward around others. Without really tying himself to a group, sacrificing his members for the mission has been a case with him before. His combat flaw is his lack in physical strength. He balances this out with agility, speed and his semblance, however.

Background: Xeo grew up in Atlas, the military province of Remnant. And he happened to be born under the family of highly military descendance. His father was a general and his mother was a highly placed worker in the Shnee Dust Company. They too, gave much of their time to their jobs. Dad wasn't always happy when the riots of the White Fang began errupting, and he began to drink whenever he wasn't working. But it made things very negative back at home. Even from very young, his parents demanded only the best out of him. They were passing aptitude tests of the toddler to see if he would be a good fighter like the rest of the family. Xeo was able to take it on, but it was something difficult and hard form someone at a young age.

Early in school, they were already pressing him to excel in everything, and wouldn't put up with anything less. They would punish him and ground him for grades that normal parents would have considered decent. There was maybe a chance for Xeo to be a normal child, but his parents took that away, demanding excellence at all costs. It's what they thrived for all their lives. Never having the courage to really stand up to them, he never spoke up and took things head down. Xeo does admit that, thanks to them, his rigorous education paid off in the end, when he started going to harder academies and his beginning years of a hunter, but at the moment, he hated it all.

Xeo followed the education available in Atlas, and joined hunting school on a compromise of his father's part. His mother wanted to send him to a school that specialized in the research of Dust while his father wanted to send him to the local Military Academy, which he both qualified for. The only time he really spoke up was then, when he demanded the fighting to stop and offered the solution of going as a hunter. He would be able to fight and bathe in the glory his father wanted him to get, and he would aquire more knowledge on the mystical crystals through his studies to use them himself in battle, so his mother had few issues with the situation. And out of the choice they were giving him, he very much preferred being a Hunter to anything else.

In the Hunters Academy, Xeo revealed himself to be a very fast learner of the aura and semblance, surprising many of his teachers and classmates alike. He became a cold star, disliking to be approached and never really held long conversations. He did his thing and that was it. Clock in, clock out. It started up then, and still persisted to this day. His above average skills with guns made him a great marksman, though not the best of all. It cleared his choice to have a weapon of long precision. His semblance brought the decision to set upon a multi-sword. Normal users wielded the blade in sorts that it could change between different sword varients, shedding extra swords if needed to use smaller weapons. With his semblance, he could use all of them, which set him apart from everybody else. It's lethality was duly noted and studied, and also earned him his Hunter rank at the age of 17. Soon after, he was already being sent along with troops in Minstral to provide help and support to surrounding towns, who had more trouble thriving than the more well-protected kingdoms were.

During his 5 years of duty, Xeo saw many of his allies blood as well as his own, seeing death take teammates and others vanish after missions. It wasn't a life for the easy, everyone knew it when they signed up for it. But it was well-paying and rewarding. His parents, proud, soon returned their attentions to their ever-growing jobs, leaving the Hunter to his own life, finally. Never really settling anywhere, Xeo decided to live on the job, as many hunters do. Being sent around the 4 kingdoms to deal with issues and problems the civilians encounter with creatures of Grimm, White Fang rebellions that errupt... Things were crazy but had their routine. That was, until 22-year-old Xeo stumbled across a mysterious warehouse on fire filled with plans he didn't quite comprehend. One thing for sure, there was a red circle on every kingdom. Searching for trails of the mysterious plans, Xeo kept an eye open as he keeps up his operations.

Each of these, except for the obvious few, should have about a paragraph of a bare minimum of 5 sentences. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean it's encouraged to write small paragraphs. Flesh out your characters as much as you can. Show me you want this people! =D As for anyone who are thinking if there are any restrictions, I would have a few. Firstly, once a semblance is taken, it'll take much convincing for someone else to have the same power. Secondly, be realistic according to the world. Thridly, no Mary/Gary-sues, hence why there are flaws in a character. Make your characters balanced, no one's a super-star almighty righteous god. Fourthly, I am hoping to have this RP driven by characters in first-hand, adventure in second. Smut is great, but I believe many stand behind the idea of plot over smut. But when you're on a stakeout and nothing's going on... And believe me, I'm pretty sure they'll happen. Depending on your dedication and just how much you'll develop your characters, I may elect a Co-GM along the way. Have fun!

P.S. You are more than welcome to ask questions here, I will answer all I can. If anyone wants me to give them a better idea of what I'm starting to cook for plotlines, message me but please... be patient. I take a little time to come up with something big like this kind of thing >.>

Jmorty33

Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

pendarious

you can put me up for both villain and hunter/huntress
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Kokaine

Been craving an RWBY inspired RP. I'd probably sign on as a huntress but could be swayed to be a villain if necessary. Yang is my favorite so in terms of fighting style that would be the general direction I'd likely try to go.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kimmy

Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Warlock

Been catching the first few episodes, lore seem to be intriguing and can't wait when getting into the heavier fighting scenes. The headmaster is cool, and crater face. <3

Putting up tentative interest as a villain.

Sessha

I think I'll throw my lot in for being a huntress.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Juggtacular

I miss the RWBY world RP I was in a while back. This could be fun.

TheHangedOne

Hi Jugg.

I've run a RWBY based game before. I'd definitely be interested in playing in one. I may go for an anti-villain or anti-hero type.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Juggtacular

Hey Hanged. Long time no see. Glad to see you back.

TheHangedOne

Thanks. How have you been?

For my character idea, I'm probably going to do something with the concept/archetype of gambling/the gambler.
Check out my poet tree!

Juggtacular

Pretty good. Just keepin on truckin really.

AngelicBlade

I'd be interested in playing a Hunter, probably someone like Jean, not the best at fighting but a pretty good tactician.

InvertedAgony

Well if there's room, I'd like to hop aboard as I am interested in this myself

o.o I can play a Hunter [and/or villain too if needed] (I'm working on a Hunter actually...just need to flesh him out somehow now lol)

SweetRevenge

Dont make too much, in case your profile doesnt match the one that I'll create. I'll get to it possibly some time this week-end or next week, all depends how busy I am.

SweetRevenge

And as I said I would: The basic profile

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Sex And Specie:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Alliance:[/b]

[b]Aura/Semblance:[/b]

[b]Weapon(s)/fighting style:[/b]

[b]Personality/Behavior:[/b]

[b]Character Flaws:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

Each of these, except for the obvious few, should have about a paragraph of a bare minimum of 5 sentences. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean it's encouraged. Flesh out your characters as much as you can. Show me you want this people! =D As for anyone who are thinking if there are any restrictions, I would have a few. Firstly, once a semblance is taken, it'll take much convincing for someone else to have the same power. Secondly, be realistic according to the world. Thridly, no Mary/Gary-sues, hence why there are flaws in a character. Make your characters balanced, no one's a super-star almighty righteous god. Fourthly, I am hoping to have this RP driven by characters in first-hand, adventure in second. Smut is great, but I believe many stand behind the idea of plot over smut. But when you're on a stakeout and nothing's going on... And believe me, I'm pretty sure they'll happen. Depending on your dedication and just how much you'll develop your characters, I may elect a Co-GM along the way. Have fun!

P.S. You are more than welcome to ask questions here, I will answer all I can. If anyone wants me to give them a better idea of what I'm starting to cook for plotlines, message me but please... be patient. I take a little time to come up with something big like this kind of thing >.>

TheHangedOne

Name: TheHangedMan

Character Name: Mistletoe Holiday

Sex And Specie: Male, Human

Orientation: Straight

Alliance: Nominally a Huntsman

Aura/Semblance: A moderately strong aura, primarily used for defensive purposes.  Mistoletoe's Semblance is Keen Sight. When he activates his Semblance, it allows him to pierce through illusions, and environmental factors that can hamper ones vision, such as mist, or even darkness. When his Semblance activates, his eyes, normally hazelnut, turn solid gun-metal gray. Using his Semblance does take its toll on him, and can also be considered a weakness; if his eyes have adjusted to darkness, then he becomes highly light sensitive, to the point where a sufficiently bright burst of light can temporarily incapacitate him.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Mistletoe uses a combination spear-rifle, known as Baldr. It can be switched into a 'pure rifle' mode, where the spear tip turns into a bipod, and a scope emerges. It is bolt action, and capable of quite strong shots at a fair distance, thanks to the scope. However, it is slow to reload, and can only hold one dust shell at a time. In rifle mode, he prefers to use Wind dust shells. In spear mode, Baldr is not capable of firing off shots, however, it can be loaded with Dust shells that will imbue the spear with elemental energy. 

In addition to Baldr, Mistletoe is known to bring a wide variety of tricks into battle with him. Throwing knives, smoke bombs, marbles, and other such items see judicious usage. Those expecting a clean fight with him should check themselves before they wreck themselves.

Personality/Behavior: Chaotic at times, when Mistletoe gets bored, he some times does stupid things to spice life up.  Some times this is harmless, like breaking out into a quick tap-dance routine; other times, it can be vicious, such as tripping up others 'by accident' with Baldr.  He can be nice, at times, but he can also be something of a hard-nosed jerk.  It's generally up to anyones guess what sort of mood he's going to be in at any particular time, which can make him frustrating to deal with.

On the positive side of things, Mistletoe is quite intelligent and perceptive, and occasionally puts that to good use; generally when no one is looking.  He is also very honorable, always keeping to his word; however, one must be careful, because he is, ultimately, sly, and some times, people really need to be careful about what they wish for when dealing with him.

He is also a lover of gambling, and only rarely will he turn down a game. He is known to even go so far as to play games where he is at a disadvantage; and yet, more often than not, he comes out on top. He is generally a good winner, too, "easy come, easy go", as the saying goes.

Character Flaws: Poor impulse control, antagonistic nature, self-centered.

Background: Mistletoe's father was a well known card sharp known as Black Jack, after his favorite game. Needless to say, the love of gambling seems to be an inherited trait. His mother, on the other hand, was a Huntress, who retired early due to bad injuries she had sustained in battle. It's often speculated that Black Jack loved gambling so much, because of Belinda's medical care and needs.

Growing up, Mistletoe attended a traditional school. When he was old enough, he decided to attend combat school. While his father hoped that his son would take after him, would keep his gambling in the casinos and backroom parlors, he decided he wanted to take after his mother. Not just that, though; Mistletoe craves excitement. When lives are on the line, that's so much more of an exciting gamble.

Although his attitude has earned him no real friends,  his thus far solitary approach towards  life has seen him become not only independent, but quite capable of taking care of himself, and holding his own in battle.

Picture (ignore the sword, and he doesn't have metal boots, but leather. This is as close as I could find.

Check out my poet tree!

MelisaArtemis

Love the series at Roosterteeth (WEISS IS MY FAV. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS, SHE'S ADORABLE! 8'D).

I'll throw in my interest too :)

That said, a few questions first:

1. Which part of E will this be? Light, NC or EX?
2. What's minimum age of character (I think Faunice kinda mature faster than human)
3. Premise-wise, what is the backdrop of the RP? Is it another school than Beacon Academy or just alternate reality?
3. Character wise, is it possible to play / interract with canon character? (Though I don't think this is a wise idea... but some people might want to)

Character will come later today :)

pendarious

my two characters *shrugs* a bit obvious what they are based around but meh.  (also please note these sheets were typed up when my muse was low so there may be more to them than is listed)

Name: Pendarious

Character Name: Louise Carroll

Sex And Specie: Human, Female, 19 years old. She has red hair and reddish eyes, as well as pale white skin.

rough idea of what Louise looks like

Orientation: Bisexual

Alliance: Punch-Clock Villain (mercenary)

Aura/Semblance: Her aura is a fairly strong one which is used in combination with her weapon or unarmed strikes. She focuses her aura on what she's using to attack with in order to cause more damage. Her semblance is something she calls "Dissonance of Reality" which allows for her to walk on any surface. (This includes air, water, and even lava/magma). The problem is that "Dissonance of Reality" puts stress on her body so she can only use it for short periods of time.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: she uses a weapon she calls "Vorpal Sword" but in reality it's just a cane sword and shotgun combination. She uses the sword for offensive purposes and keeps the cane/sheath for defense but when she puts the two together she can change it into a shotgun. The sword itself is sealed unless she pushes a button on the hilt which releases the seal. She uses Fire dust shells the most so her shots are either highly explosive or just burn after they've hit a target.

She isn't exactly known for fighting fair but she has her moments of honor. She will also not attack an opponent who "CANNOT" fight back but she's also very paranoid about opponents so she is often prone to attacking them until there is an absolute certainty that they can't resist.

Personality/Behavior: Louise is a quiet girl often considered dull because she doesn't speak much. Her voice is rather soft so when she speaks one has to listen carefully. She is however firm in her convictions even willing to die for whatever cause she believes in. She can be friendly and kind or cold and harsh it all depends on whether she considers one friend or foe. She is highly intelligent though perhaps a tad careless at times

Character Flaws: She was born with an unknown and incurable disease thus she does not know how long she has left. Due to this disease she is unable to handle the stresses of battle for long periods of time and thus her time in combat is often short.

She was also trained in anti-human, anti-faunus, and anti-grimm combat however she was not trained for fighting machines thus facing Atlas's robots would be a terrible match up for her.

Her willingness to die for her beliefs can get in the way of her judgment sometimes.

Background: She can hardly recall her childhood all she really remembers is that she was put through harsh  training to be a Huntress by her parents. Of course it was during this training that the disease that would plague the rest of her life was discovered. She was trained to overwhelm opponents in short battles rather than long drawn out battles. She hardly had the chance to be a regular little girl and is very bad at dealing with others as a result. Her parents mysteriously disappeared one day when she was eleven and she's been searching for them ever since.

In her travels she has come to be a blade for hire rather than a straight up Huntress. She will take on ALMOST any job as long as it doesn't go against her principle of not attacking the defenseless in order to make money so that she can maintain her living expenses and search. She has become quite infamous in underground circles.

The truth behind the disappearance of her parents and the mental block preventing her from remembering her childhood is a harsh reality. She was originally born and raised in Vacuo thus her family was extremely poor. Still they managed to scrape by. Her father worked as a hunter and helped keep the Grimm beasts from invading their home town. Her mother stayed home and gave Louise the best education she could. Her mother had actually come to Vacuo from Vale so she was well educated. According to her mother her parents had met during one of Vale's big international tournaments and had fallen in love there. Sappy but true apparently. Her mother had wanted to stay with her new love and thus had moved to his home kingdom of Vacuo.

Having had Louise her father worked twice as hard while her mother taught her everything she had learned while in Vale. When she had turned seven her father began her training in the deserts against the Grimm and Faunus bandits that happened to live in the deserts around their town. Due to her weak health she was unable to actually keep up with her father for long in combat and would have to retreat in order to recuperate. When her father finally realized she was ill they took her to Vale using all the money they had saved in order to find out what was wrong with her. The doctors were unable to give them any clear answer as it was something they had never seen before and informed her parents that she would probably only live to be maybe 30 at oldest to their best estimate. Louise herself being too young to fully understand was only able to grasp that she didn't have the full life span that everyone else had. They returned to Vacuo and continued her training pushing her harder than they ever had. They told her that they were pushing her so that she could use her intelligence and strength to make a name for herself and possibly have a family while she was still alive.

When she was eleven Louise finally snapped she was sick of the harsh training, being poor, practically starving, and of course killing creatures in the desert. She waited until her father was exhausted out in the deserts from fighting all day and then she killed him. While still covered in her fathers blood she went home and found her mother napping and it was here that she killed her mother. She started killing those around her and eventually set the town ablaze to destroy the evidence of her deeds. When the haze of her rage cleared from her eyes and she realized what it was she had done she once again snapped but this time not in a fit of rage but rather mad laughing. The young girl had literally gone insane. Though oddly enough in this state of madness the world seemed far clearer to her than it ever had before. This strange state of insanity blocked from her mind the fact that she had destroyed everything in fact her mind invented a story that Grimm beasts in large droves had come during the night and caused the destruction of the town but being unable to find her parents corpses she believed that they may still be alive out there somewhere. It was due to this strange block in her mind and the story she had invented which she shared with a traveling caravan that she began her travels to find her "missing" parents.

She met an old faunus mercenary and began training under him until he passed away of old age. Due to her time with him she had made a name for herself as a mercenary and thus kept up her travels and doing dirty work. There are only two things she absolutely will not do for money and those are sex and killing innocent people. She has been on the road since then and traveled the world over at least once.

Name: Pendarious

Character Name: Frederick Nemo

Sex And Specie: Male, Human,29 years old

rough idea of what Frederick looks like

Aura/Semblance: His aura is moderate and flexible to be used for either defense or offense. His semblance is simply enhanced speed.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: He dual wields pistols that can transform into short swords. he uses mostly Ice dust shells but he can infuse his short swords with ice elemental aura to freeze the places he slashes

Personality/Behavior: Frederick is to be blunt cold and harsh. Rather he acts that way because he wants to keep others away because he's afraid of being hurt and causing others to be hurt as well. He tends to grumble at every opportunity he gets and will begrudgingly help others but he'll tell them that it's because no one else will rather than admitting that he's doing it because he wants to.

Character Flaws: His lack of patience with others tends to often cause conflict and he is slow to calm down thus prolonging unnecessary internal struggles for his group.

His strong dislike of Faunus makes it hard for him to work with them.

His lack of honestly with himself makes him very stubborn and slow to act.

Background: He was raised mostly by his father out at sea so his childhood was spent mostly with his father hunting. His father Hates Faunus and taught his son to do the same. When he was fourteen the ship they were on sunk and his father was lost with the ship. Frederick was washed ashore and taken in by strangers. He went to Sentinel to learn the arts of combat and then he moved on to Beacon academy. After graduating he is now prepared to move on and face the world.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

SweetRevenge

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 07, 2014, 09:49:37 PM
Love the series at Roosterteeth (WEISS IS MY FAV. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS, SHE'S ADORABLE! 8'D).

I'll throw in my interest too :)

That said, a few questions first:

1. Which part of E will this be? Light, NC or EX?
2. What's minimum age of character (I think Faunice kinda mature faster than human)
3. Premise-wise, what is the backdrop of the RP? Is it another school than Beacon Academy or just alternate reality?
3. Character wise, is it possible to play / interract with canon character? (Though I don't think this is a wise idea... but some people might want to)

Character will come later today :)
1. Most likely either in Light or Exotic. I don't really go down NC, it's really not my thing. I like it consensual.
2. Minimum age is 18. Faunice mature at the same speed as humans
3. This is AFTER graduating from Beacon (or another school if they come from elsewhere). This isn't any school premise, you're a full-fledged Hunter on the job, keeping the world safe a day at a time. You will be travelling through the different kingdoms and in between, chasing after clues and following leads about a group of villains who plan to overturn the kingdoms.
4. Canon characters arent even going to be mentioned. It's like they never existed, simply because our characters are much older.

For those who posted characters, work on them more. There isnt enough information in the backgrounds. You're both going to need more, go in depth with it. Unless you didn't read my requirements, which are in the first post, I clearly mention that I want paragraphs of at least 5-6 sentences, some of which require more than a paragraph. I invite you to edit and add more to your characters in general. If I can hash out a profile with this bad cold, I'll show more what I mean.

pendarious

well i'll be editing Nemo's sheet later then I just said sentinel in case they were still in Beacon or whatever.

SweetRevenge

If any one you need more info to help build your characters, you may want to check the RWBY Wiki

apygoos

i'm very interested in this, soo many options...

TheHangedOne

I'll tinker on it a bit. Back stories tend to be a weak point of mine. I've also added a picture, for anybody curious.
Check out my poet tree!

Kokaine

--Character Withdrawn--
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

apygoos

man i love this universe..thinking  up an oc has soooo many damn possibilities.
hell some could even have connections already, maybe even have been on the same team at Beacon or something.

MelisaArtemis

SFW
NSFW

Name: MelisaArtemis

Character Name:Mizuki Izumi

Sex And Specie:Female, Faunice (Fox), 18

Orientation: Les

Aura/Semblance: Her semblance “Stealth Hunter”, allows her to weave advanced and complicated illusion that would confuse her target, allowing them to be easy picking for her. She can also use her semblance to hide herself by erasing her trace from body odor, sound, even her "presence” from anyone but people with extremely sensitive senses, making her perfect assassin. She however, possesses Below Average Aura which means she has poor physical attack and defense. Instead, she is more focused on using her aura effectively to improve her agility and accuracy.

Someone with ability to detect semblance activation would probably find that her semblance is always active though not to their full potential. The reason for such action will remain a mystery unless she tells them... which is quite unlikely.

Impulse
Impulse Bow, it is a medium-sized lightweight bow made of unknown metal, the front sides of the weapon has been sharpened into a blade, allowing it to be used as a bladed weapon in melee combat when necessary. Perfectly balanced, it is obviously designed to maximize the user’s accuracy. To complement her bow, Mizuki also equipped herself with vast array of arrows with various dust components from something as silly as paint arrow to something unique like sonar and pulse arrow to something that can freeze, burn, stun, poidon and many other things.

True to her weapon of choice, Mizuki is quintessential archer. Her tactic mostly consists of stealth and shooting from a distance as she aims for the target’s weak point. She is extremely proficient with her bows and arrows, allowing her to shoot accurately from hundreds of meters away from her target. When it is necessary, she has no problem using her bow’s bladed side as a sword. She possesses great physical flexibility and agility, allowing her to move through obstacles as well as executing tricky maneuver with little difficulty. Her movements are so graceful that those who saw her fight commented that she looked as if she was dancing as she fought.

Personality/Behavior: Mizuki is an introvert and shy in nature, preferring not to stand out if possible although she can be quite social once she knows someone good enough. Once she knows someone good enough though, she is very kind and sweet with a little of mischievous streak thrown in for good measure. She is also a very honest individual though that is not to say that she is a terrible secret keeper. Instead, she prefers not to say anything rather than straight up lying about something.

Contrary to most other Faunus, Mizuki makes no attempt to hide her nature. If anything, she is shown to be proud of being one although at the same time she possesses no discriminatory opinion of humans either. Therefore it is quite easy to spot her among the crowd due to her fox ears and tail in plain view. She does however; possess deep dislike toward faunus-run criminal organizations like the “White Fang” as she sees them to be a disgrace to other faunus. Therefore she has made it her mission to target any Faunus criminals on top of her hunting duty.

Character Flaws: Personality-wise, she is Introvert and quite a little bit of a crybaby as she cries easily. Physically, she is weak and has rather low on stamina, making her a terrible brawler although she makes up for it with agility. On top of that, although she is formidable with her weapon, her hand to hand combat ability is average at best. Though she has no problem winning against normal human, any skilled warrior or monster would easily overpower her physically.

Background: Mizuki was born of an extremely rare union of love between Human and Faunus, her mother being the latter and story has it that both her parents had been part of the same team as hunter. As a child she was raised in an essentially small but happy family, her mother retired from hunter business to raise her while her father continued for longer to provide their family. Her mother’s home-schooling has played a large part in her upbringing including shaping her opinion regarding human and Faunus alike.

Once she was old enough, she decided to follow her parents’ footstep to be a huntress and enrolled to a Hunter Academy. Her time at school had been her first real taste of the strained relationship between Human and Faunus as she herself received some unsavory treatment from some of the human students. The harsh treatment had been the main cause of her developed introvert personality although she also gains several human friends during her time in the academy which luckily prevented her from developing dislike on humans in general. During her time at the academy, Mizuki proof to be a stellar student both in class and on the field with her team which led her to graduate from the academy with high honor.

Though not generally known, her history with the Faunus terrorist organization known as "White Fang" is actually deeper than mere skin-deep. During one of her hunting journey, she received news that her father had dies during one of his own mission. Though the detail wasn't quite easy to find, there had been rumour that the organization had a hand in it as her father had been a hunter that specialize in Faunus-related crime. Mizuki spends time between her own hunting jobs to look for further clues about the case and her finding confirms that her father had been killed during encounter against a group of White Fang agents who were trying to plant a bomb in a dust processing factory. The knowledge of the organization involvement with her father's death spurs Mizuki to put her effort into following his footstep as a specialist in Faunus-related crime, secretly in hope that she may encounter the person who had killed her beloved father... and reward them with an arrow to the head.

Jmorty33

Damn!!! I was going to have my Hunter use a bow and arrow!! Crap! Uhhhhh..... anyone mind if I use Jayce's Mercury Hammer instead?

TheHangedOne

I think taking a weapon like that would be unoriginal, but that's just my opinion, don't let it stop you.

Also, question! What country is this game going to be taking place in?
Check out my poet tree!

Kokaine

Okay, changed my girl from a fox to a tigress and am working on her background and then I will see about a weapon. I am thinking a staff of some sort that can conduct the energy she absorbs. If anyone would like ties let me know and we can work something out. I'm intending for her to have attended Beacon even though she's not fighting on the right side any more :P

My O/Os

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Kokaine on September 08, 2014, 11:03:28 PM
Okay, changed my girl from a fox to a tigress and am working on her background and then I will see about a weapon. I am thinking a staff of some sort that can conduct the energy she absorbs. If anyone would like ties let me know and we can work something out. I'm intending for her to have attended Beacon even though she's not fighting on the right side any more :P

would be interesting if she and Mizuki knows each other. Probably clash in another mission but not quite enemy :)

SweetRevenge

I havent decided where things start, mainly because I am not sure just how many teams will end up being accepted. If there are multiple hunting teams, then there is a possibility of them starting in different places around Remnant, but all catch onto a lead to the main Villain, which will cause them to meet at some point to vanquish said evil together. If only a single team ends up being formed, then we'll discuss further where things start. I can tell you right now that the main villain is going to be originated from Vacuo and will probably be using the Grimm to his advantage, camouflaging his actions through their use. This doesnt mean he set up base there, but it clears up part of his background, for those who were curious. I'm feeling a little better today, so I'm most likely going to continue the hunter profile I started up, I was only missing a few things. It'll give a good idea what I expect.

Connections and ties are actually going to be the second step to do once your profile is approved, to work out how your character gets along/how much they know about the other characters.

I'll be reviewing the profiles here a little later as well, for I haven't been up for that long.

AngelicBlade

Name: AngelicBlade

Character Name: Tarivous Loche

Orientation: Heterosexual

Aura/Semblance: A moderately strong aura that is whitish-Silver in color and is used for healing and defense. Tarivous's semblance gives Tarivous
an insane amount of strength. This allows Tarivous to put a huge amount of force behind his attacks while allowing him to absorb more damage. His semblance has a side effect that turns his hair white.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: A broadsword

Personality/Behavior: Tarivous is a rather outgoing person, though it's not really a good thing. He can't stand by when he sees any evil being done and must act. He's also very kind to people trying to help out anyway he can. Tarivous is also very disciplined and works hard to do almost anything. Tarivous enjoys travelling around the lands. Though he's also comfortable with staying in the same location for long periods of time. He's a rather studious person always training or reading trying to find ways to better himself to protect other people.

Character Flaws: Tarivous is a just person meaning he is sometimes easily lured into traps that depict a robbery or assault on someone. Tarivous also tends to be really hard on himself when he fails to protect people. If he fails to protect someone, specifically someone he cares for, he'll become reckless with anger. Pushing himself the way he does can sometimes lead to him become totally exhausted for a period of time.

Background:Tarivous grew up in a small monastery  rather secluded from the rest of the world. The priests there were warrior priests and Tarivous was the son of one of the leaders of the church. Tarvious was reading and studying from the day he walk and held a sword for the first time at the age of five. Tarivous trained and studied everyday of his life for ten years. On his fifteenth birthday Tarivous set out from the monastery to travel around like the other priests did. It was his pilgrimage, battle his religion. He wandered around helping out people here and there on his journey before deciding to head towards the major cities of the world. While in the cities he ended up joining a Hunter Academy to hone his martial abilities and tactical mind. He was one of the best at the academy and graduated quickly earning his title as a Hunter.

TheHangedOne

On second thought, I'm going to drop out of this game. I don't think I'll be able to take it on, with my other games.
Check out my poet tree!

SweetRevenge

Character Name: Xeo Silvers

Sex And Specie: 22, Male human

Orientation: Bi, leans towards women

Aura/Semblance: Xeo's aura pulses of an ice-blue, and his eyes may sometimes glow electric blue while he uses his semblance. His aura permits him to move faster, though he isn't the quickest one on the battlefield. He uses it much more for his weapons, namely Aegis arc. His semblance is levitation, in the terms that whatever he charges his aura into become unaffected by the laws of gravity. He remains fully in control of whatever levitates and may choose how it will move. He uses this to use with his swords as well as unto himself, effectively levitating him a few inches from the ground. Xeo can also lighten himself or objects jumping or throwing farther than an average human could. It can even permit him of flight, but for a limited time. The higher he goes, the less time he has left (can levitate a few inches from the ground for well over an hour but isn't able to fly in the sky more than half an hour)

Aegis Arc, the Multi-Sword: Aegis arc is a long sword covered in tiny little lines, it requires the use of aura to activate itself. This sword was designed to divide itself into a maximum of 12 swords, each blade with different characteristics, sizes and styles. Meshing different ones together give different outcomes, such as the katana form with the wakizashi give him an odachi, or the knight sword They all have compartments that open in their counterweights to place dust inside. Used along with his semblance, they truly meet their full potential as he wields them around him. He uses them mostly to fly around him, balancing out his lack in physical strength. (If he is essentially exhausted and can't use his aura, he can't use these other than using them as a normal swordsman) They can be used to block, splitting all 12 can take all true forms or form 12 identical swords (short ones take the parts of the longer ones while longer ones shorten to reach an even length for all 12 blades)

Exact list of every different blade WIP.

Lightning Reaver, the Storm Sniper Rifle: A powerful fully customizable sniper rifle with stabilizers and variable zoom, this rifle is one of the top-of-the-line weaponry that elite military units use. Fires as fast as one can pull it's trigger and designed to pierce whatever it fires at, this weapon was made in limited quantities and used nearly only by the most loyal of hunters, in fear it would fall into the wrong hands. It has been designed to shrink into the size of a sub-machine gun, but lacks it's true firepower in that state. Like all weapons, it can fire a variety of dust shots, and his normal shot is electric, bringing justice to name of Storm Sniper Rifle as shots ring out like thunder and bullets hit like lightning. Each clip stocks an amount of 8 rounds, but his normal rounds are stocked in a larger magazine of 20 bullets. The gun requires a little more sophisticated touch and maintenance, demanding the electric dust coil every 10,000 shots or so. The electric function is also removeable to save more shots, but rare are the ones who actually turn it off for that reason. Very reliable, it is nearly weatherproof. It is able to fire under water, but the guide book clearly recommends turning the electric dust coil off for such measures, in risks of a nasty backfire. The electricity coil also overheats if used too much too quickly, and emits electric oubursts venting out of the gun barrel and coil compartment. Firing more increases the chances of the weapon's backfire, destruction, along with heavy damage to the user, as if the electricity wasn't enough.

Personality/Behavior: Somewhat of a cold guy, he isn't the friendliest soul around. He has a natural way of pushing people away, not letting anyone really close, but that's mostly because he doesn't know how to handle others and his own emotions. Very much of a workaholic, he is nearly always concetrated on his mission goals. This made him a great hunter for the kingdoms, but that was all he was; a great soldier. Xeo secrelty yearn to have a group of friends, but he places little trust in others, mostly because his job was one where you risked your life constantly and people died all the time. With the few years of being a hunter and travelling around to fight evil, he chose to simply live on the job and never really settle anywhere. Xeo has high committment to his missions mostly because of his lack of committment in other sectors, never committed to stay somewhere or develop too much.

Under the cold scowl and razorblade stares, he's actually a genuinely free-spirit and kind fo easy-going. He enjoys to take things one thing at a time and loves to think. If it wasn't for his job constantly taking up his time, he would actually be found staring at the sky, enjoying a good smoke. He has rarely had the chance to taste what pleasure really is, and fun is somewhat alien to him, but it's mostly because he never had the chance to experience it. He also enjoys the faunice deep down, but his family tried to ground their 'fond' belief of the animal-people.

Character Flaws: Workaholic, arrogance and lack of empathy are great flaws in Xeo, for he never quite knows how to cope with them. He prones his work before everything, and sometimes feel like there aren't anyone superior to himself. A tireless hard worker, his social skills aren't very great and often finds himself to be awkward around others. Without really tying himself to a group, sacrificing his members for the mission has been a case with him before. His combat flaw is his lack in physical strength. He balances this out with agility, speed and his semblance, however.

Background: Xeo grew up in Atlas, the military province of Remnant. And he happened to be born under the family of highly military descendance. His father was a general and his mother was a highly placed worker in the Shnee Dust Company. They too, gave much of their time to their jobs. Dad wasn't always happy when the riots of the White Fang began errupting, and he began to drink whenever he wasn't working. But it made things very negative back at home. Even from very young, his parents demanded only the best out of him. They were passing aptitude tests of the toddler to see if he would be a good fighter like the rest of the family. Xeo was able to take it on, but it was something difficult and hard form someone at a young age.

Early in school, they were already pressing him to excel in everything, and wouldn't put up with anything less. They would punish him and ground him for grades that normal parents would have considered decent. There was maybe a chance for Xeo to be a normal child, but his parents took that away, demanding excellence at all costs. It's what they thrived for all their lives. Never having the courage to really stand up to them, he never spoke up and took things head down. Xeo does admit that, thanks to them, his rigorous education paid off in the end, when he started going to harder academies and his beginning years of a hunter, but at the moment, he hated it all.

Xeo followed the education available in Atlas, and joined hunting school on a compromise of his father's part. His mother wanted to send him to a school that specialized in the research of Dust while his father wanted to send him to the local Military Academy, which he both qualified for. The only time he really spoke up was then, when he demanded the fighting to stop and offered the solution of going as a hunter. He would be able to fight and bathe in the glory his father wanted him to get, and he would aquire more knowledge on the mystical crystals through his studies to use them himself in battle, so his mother had few issues with the situation. And out of the choice they were giving him, he very much preferred being a Hunter to anything else.

In the Hunters Academy, Xeo revealed himself to be a very fast learner of the aura and semblance, surprising many of his teachers and classmates alike. He became a cold star, disliking to be approached and never really held long conversations. He did his thing and that was it. Clock in, clock out. It started up then, and still persisted to this day. His above average skills with guns made him a great marksman, though not the best of all. It cleared his choice to have a weapon of long precision. His semblance brought the decision to set upon a multi-sword. Normal users wielded the blade in sorts that it could change between different sword varients, shedding extra swords if needed to use smaller weapons. With his semblance, he could use all of them, which set him apart from everybody else. It's lethality was duly noted and studied, and also earned him his Hunter rank at the age of 17. Soon after, he was already being sent along with troops in Minstral to provide help and support to surrounding towns, who had more trouble thriving than the more well-protected kingdoms were.

During his 5 years of duty, Xeo saw many of his allies blood as well as his own, seeing death take teammates and others vanish after missions. It wasn't a life for the easy, everyone knew it when they signed up for it. But it was well-paying and rewarding. His parents, proud, soon returned their attentions to their ever-growing jobs, leaving the Hunter to his own life, finally. Never really settling anywhere, Xeo decided to live on the job, as many hunters do. Being sent around the 4 kingdoms to deal with issues and problems the civilians encounter with creatures of Grimm, White Fang rebellions that errupt... Things were crazy but had their routine. That was, until 22-year-old Xeo stumbled across a mysterious warehouse on fire filled with plans he didn't quite comprehend. One thing for sure, there was a red circle on every kingdom. Searching for trails of the mysterious plans, Xeo kept an eye open as he keeps up his operations.

SweetRevenge

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 08, 2014, 09:59:26 PM

SFW
NSFW

Name: MelisaArtemis

Character Name:Mizuki Izumi

Sex And Specie:Female, Faunice (Fox), 18

Orientation: Les

Aura/Semblance: Her semblance “Stealth Hunter”, allows her to weave advanced and complicated illusion that would confuse her target, allowing them to be easy picking for her. She can also use her semblance to hide herself by erasing her trace from body odor, sound, even her "presence” from anyone but people with extremely sensitive senses, making her perfect assassin. She however, possesses Below Average Aura which means she has poor physical attack and defense. Instead, she is more focused on using her aura effectively to improve her agility and accuracy.

Impulse
Impulse Bow, it is a medium-sized lightweight bow made of unknown metal, the front sides of the weapon has been sharpened into a blade, allowing it to be used as a bladed weapon in melee combat when necessary. Perfectly balanced, it is obviously designed to maximize the user’s accuracy. To complement her bow, Mizuki also equipped herself with vast array of arrows with various dust components from pulse, piercing, trapping, even explosive arrows.

True to her weapon of choice, Mizuki is quintessential archer. Her tactic mostly consists of stealth and shooting from a distance as she aims for the target’s weak point. She is extremely proficient with her bows and arrows, allowing her to shoot accurately from hundreds of meters away from her target. When it is necessary, she has no problem using her bow’s bladed side as a sword. She possesses great physical flexibility and agility, allowing her to move through obstacles as well as executing tricky maneuver with little difficulty. Her movements are so graceful that those who saw her fight commented that she looked as if she was dancing as she fought.

Personality/Behavior: Mizuki is an introvert and shy in nature, preferring not to stand out if possible although she can be quite social once she knows someone good enough. Once she knows someone good enough though, she is very kind and sweet with a little of mischievous streak thrown in for good measure. She is also a very honest individual though that is not to say that she is a terrible secret keeper. Instead, she prefers not to say anything rather than straight up lying about something.

Contrary to most other Faunus, Mizuki makes no attempt to hide her nature. If anything, she is shown to be proud of being one although at the same time she possesses no discriminatory opinion of humans either. Therefore it is quite easy to spot her among the crowd due to her fox ears and tail in plain view. She does however; possess deep dislike toward faunus-run criminal organizations like the “White Fang” as she sees them to be a disgrace to other faunus. Therefore she has made it her mission to target any Faunus criminals on top of her hunting duty.

Character Flaws: Personality-wise, she is Introvert and quite a little bit of a crybaby as she cries easily. Physically, she is weak and has rather low on stamina, making her a terrible brawler although she makes up for it with agility. On top of that, although she is formidable with her weapon, her hand to hand combat ability is average at best. Though she has no problem winning against normal human, any skilled warrior or monster would easily overpower her physically.

Background: Mizuki was born of an extremely rare union of love between Human and Faunus, her mother being the latter and story has it that both her parents had been part of the same team as hunter. As a child she was raised in an essentially small but happy family, her mother retired from hunter business to raise her while her father continued for longer to provide their family. Her mother’s home-schooling has played a large part in her upbringing including shaping her opinion regarding human and Faunus alike.

Once she was old enough, she decided to follow her parents’ footstep to be a huntress and enrolled to a Hunter Academy. Her time at school had been her first real taste of the strained relationship between Human and Faunus as she herself received some unsavory treatment from some of the human students. The harsh treatment had been the main cause of her developed introvert personality although she also gains several human friends during her time in the academy which luckily prevented her from developing dislike on humans in general. During her time at the academy, Mizuki proof to be a stellar student both in class and on the field with her team which led her to graduate from the academy with high honor.
The idea isnt bad. I encourage to develop more. If you delve a little into the RWBY lore, you'll see that you can easily expand on arrows, describing them more using the facets dust gives you. Nevertheless, even if I like what I see, think you could add a little more? Like describe some life events that could've marked your character. Flesh her out a little more =J

Quote from: AngelicBlade on September 09, 2014, 07:05:29 PM

Aura/Semblance: A moderately strong aura that is whitish-Silver in color and is used for healing and defense. Tarivous's semblance gives Tarivous
an insane amount of strength. This allows Tarivous to put a huge amount of force behind his attacks while allowing him to absorb more damage. His semblance has a side effect that turns his hair white.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: A broadsword

Personality/Behavior: Tarivous is a rather outgoing person, though it's not really a good thing. He can't stand by when he sees any evil being done and must act. He's also very kind to people trying to help out anyway he can. Tarivous is also very disciplined and works hard to do almost anything. Tarivous enjoys travelling around the lands. Though he's also comfortable with staying in the same location for long periods of time. He's a rather studious person always training or reading trying to find ways to better himself to protect other people.

Character Flaws: Tarivous is a just person meaning he is sometimes easily lured into traps that depict a robbery or assault on someone. Tarivous also tends to be really hard on himself when he fails to protect people. If he fails to protect someone, specifically someone he cares for, he'll become reckless with anger. Pushing himself the way he does can sometimes lead to him become totally exhausted for a period of time.

Background:Tarivous grew up in a small monastery  rather secluded from the rest of the world. The priests there were warrior priests and Tarivous was the son of one of the leaders of the church. Tarvious was reading and studying from the day he walk and held a sword for the first time at the age of five. Tarivous trained and studied everyday of his life for ten years. On his fifteenth birthday Tarivous set out from the monastery to travel around like the other priests did. It was his pilgrimage, battle his religion. He wandered around helping out people here and there on his journey before deciding to head towards the major cities of the world. While in the cities he ended up joining a Hunter Academy to hone his martial abilities and tactical mind. He was one of the best at the academy and graduated quickly earning his title as a Hunter.

I'm not crazy about this character. For starter, I feel like your weapon is a little simplistic, given the possibilities we are all offered. Got nothing against the classics, but I expected a little more creative flair from participants. Not only is there a lack of general description and depth, but I feel like his semblance isn't balanced out by a flaw. Because, from the GM's point of view, the semblance makes him stronger and tougher, and even though he could exhaust himself more easily that way, it still feels like your character is a tank with no weaknesses. Everyone has what we could call an 'Achilles heel', something that can really drop them for good. Without something to really make him stand out, as much as strength as of weakness, it feels like it's a little too generic.

Jmorty33

So. I need your guy's opinions on my characters weapon. I have two ideas.

Idea number 1: The Maiden (or a better name that's Robin Hood related).  A bow he's had since Beacon and is his most trusted ally. He uses a number of arrows. The main of which are bladed and serrated to pierce and cut bone. Others are situational arrows, using Dust as catalysts for elemental types. Others are net arrows, stun arrows, etc ... and a boxing glove arrow (GA is one of my favorites and I just need this for a good gag moment in the story). Though the bow arms can be separated into two long swords for CQB, the real of string used as a grappling device, and the two long words can be combined back together to form a large broadsword.

Idea number 2: The Aegis. An update on the sword and shield combo. The Aegis is a long shield that is tipped at both ends to allow for a more offensive use. On the inner parts of the shield holds a rifle, his longsword, and three spears that he can fire at a distance. He uses standard ammunition and Dust shells.

Thoughts on which one would work better?

MelisaArtemis

@J umm... ok, I admit I'm biased bit your bow concept seem very much like mine.... while its of couse not strictly originally mine.... it just kind of making it redundant....

MissFire

Name: MissFire

Character Name: Ririka Akiri

Sex And Specie: Female, 24, Human

Orientation: Lesbian

Alliance: Lawful Evil

Aura/Semblance: Semblance of Shadow Art - Ririka can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance. She can create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport herself through massive distances via shadows, etc. It is an extremely flexible and useful power, with one crippling weakness; light. Without any shadow to work with, she cannot use her power and bathing an area in strong light will effectively render it useless. Any creations she makes can be destroyed with light, and any weapons or platforms constructed out of shadow are not very sturdy. Only with intense concentration can Ririka create a true 'shield' of shadow by making it extremely solid, and this is often quite draining.

Weapon(s)/Fighting Style: Rainmaker - Designed and built by Ririka herself, Rainmaker appears outwardly to be a normal umbrella. It certainly functions as much, but the canopy is designed of a unique combination of strong polycarbonate alloys, insulators, and a graphene composite that make it both light enough to use easily and yet over a hundred times stronger than steel. The canopy easily serves as a shield, while the tip holds two weapons; a thin graphene composite blade for fencing, and a triple clawed grappling hook, used both for reaching high places or grabbing monsters and drawing them in. The grapple line can also be charged with electricity, shocking anyone captured by the claw. The crook handle at the opposite end contains no such weapons, but can prove useful in close combat to entrap limbs or weapons. Ririka is proficient with Rainmaker both as a blunt weapon to be used in combination with martial arts, and as a fencing blade. Combining her intelligence, martial skill, semblence, and trick umbrella, Ririka fights with a very evasive and defensive style. She picks apart any flaw she can find in an opponent, plays mind games, and uses shadows to slip in and out of cover or attack from odd angles.

Personality/Behavior: The Genius Goth Girl. Part the aloof loner, part the deadpan snarker, Ririka often keeps to herself and rarely socializes. She usually only speaks when spoken to, unless she has an idea. Her aloof nature is a boon in battle, however, as she never seems to lose her cool, even when things are at their worst. Her calm nature has helped her pull herself out of tricky situations in the past.

Character Flaws: She's far from perfect, however; her intellect and skill have both led her to having a bit of an ego and she sometimes lets her confidence get her in over her head from time to time. She also has a small obsession with machinery and finds technology fascinating, which can distract her. Ririka is mostly concerned, however, with bettering herself in every aspect. She will stop at nothing to prove she is the best and actively seeks out strong combatants in order to test her mettle. She cares little for anyone that gets in the way of her goals.

Background: Ririka has come up from absolutely nothing. Her mother died in childbirth and her father, an already stressed-out salaryman, took to the drink to deal with the loss of his wife. When Ririka was three his liver gave out and he passed away, orphaning her. Her father died with a nasty reputation, owing a lot of people money. As a child she had immense trouble finding a family to adopt her and as such, spent quite a bit of time in an orphanage.

Determined not to follow in her father's footsteps and step out of his shadow, she devoted herself to study and academia. Taking up an interest in cold, unfeeling machinery helped stem the tide of sadness and occupy her mind with something practical. Spending most of her time studying and working helped her develop her mind, but it didn't really do wonders for her social skills. Her loner nature made it hard for her to find people to take her in and she was soon shuffled out of the orphanage, to be left in the care of a nearby boarding school until she was old enough to transfer to Signal Academy. While many students at Signal seemed to have a natural aptitude for fighting and combat, Ri did not. She had to train constantly just to keep up. Her raw martial arts skill proved weak at first, so she developed her signature weapon to help cope, giving her both reach and a number of tricks to use against more skilled opponents. Realizing she could rely on ingenuity instead of raw strength and speed, Ririka developed a singular style that relies upon her intellect and predicting her opponent to win.  After finally graduating, she transferred to Beacon Academy where she met with much more success.

These days, Ririka is dedicated wholly to improving her own station and combat prowess. Determined to prove herself (mostly to herself) until she feels she can live down the shame of her drunkard of a father, she will stop at nothing to be known as one of the greatest hunters in the world, for good or for ill. She will ally herself with others only if she feels it will benefit her in some way and will just as quickly leave a group if she feels it has no more use. She cares little for anyone she hurts in pursuit of her goal.

Other: Theme, Addt'l Image 1, Addt'l Image 2, Addt'l Image 3
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Jmorty33

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 14, 2014, 02:44:12 AM
@J umm... ok, I admit I'm biased bit your bow concept seem very much like mine.... while its of couse not strictly originally mine.... it just kind of making it redundant....

I thought that it would be a bit different as their semblances didn't match up, his bow has more utility, and he's not afraid to go into close quarters if necessary. Still, if this doesn't work out, Aegis is a go-to, and then (if all else fails) a tonfa design I'm working on.

AngelicBlade

Quote from: SweetRevenge on September 12, 2014, 09:37:28 PM
I'm not crazy about this character. For starter, I feel like your weapon is a little simplistic, given the possibilities we are all offered. Got nothing against the classics, but I expected a little more creative flair from participants. Not only is there a lack of general description and depth, but I feel like his semblance isn't balanced out by a flaw. Because, from the GM's point of view, the semblance makes him stronger and tougher, and even though he could exhaust himself more easily that way, it still feels like your character is a tank with no weaknesses. Everyone has what we could call an 'Achilles heel', something that can really drop them for good. Without something to really make him stand out, as much as strength as of weakness, it feels like it's a little too generic.

I apologize, I made him while tired. I'll try and flesh 'im out more and think over a semblance that'd work well.

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: SweetRevenge on September 12, 2014, 09:37:28 PM
The idea isnt bad. I encourage to develop more. If you delve a little into the RWBY lore, you'll see that you can easily expand on arrows, describing them more using the facets dust gives you. Nevertheless, even if I like what I see, think you could add a little more? Like describe some life events that could've marked your character. Flesh her out a little more =J

Done, hope its better? :)

SweetRevenge

Quote from: Jmorty33 on September 14, 2014, 01:56:57 AM
So. I need your guy's opinions on my characters weapon. I have two ideas.

Idea number 1: The Maiden (or a better name that's Robin Hood related).  A bow he's had since Beacon and is his most trusted ally. He uses a number of arrows. The main of which are bladed and serrated to pierce and cut bone. Others are situational arrows, using Dust as catalysts for elemental types. Others are net arrows, stun arrows, etc ... and a boxing glove arrow (GA is one of my favorites and I just need this for a good gag moment in the story). Though the bow arms can be separated into two long swords for CQB, the real of string used as a grappling device, and the two long words can be combined back together to form a large broadsword.

Idea number 2: The Aegis. An update on the sword and shield combo. The Aegis is a long shield that is tipped at both ends to allow for a more offensive use. On the inner parts of the shield holds a rifle, his longsword, and three spears that he can fire at a distance. He uses standard ammunition and Dust shells.

Thoughts on which one would work better?

Well, someone is already using a bow, so it's not that great of an idea to have 2 people using similar weapons. Not that it's gonna stop anything though. It's not perfect, but I can deal with (I mean, Jean and Pyrra both use sword and shield combo, but their combat styles are so different that it works fine for the show). If you choose your second option, you may way to change the name a little, since my character has a weapon called Aegis Arc, but otherwise could be a go.

SweetRevenge

Quote from: MissFire on September 14, 2014, 03:07:20 AM

Name: MissFire

Character Name: Ririka Akiri

Sex And Specie: Female, 24, Human

Orientation: Lesbian

Alliance: Lawful Evil

Aura/Semblance: Semblance of Shadow Art - Ririka can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance. She can create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport herself through massive distances via shadows, etc. It is an extremely flexible and useful power, with one crippling weakness; light. Without any shadow to work with, she cannot use her power and bathing an area in strong light will effectively render it useless. Any creations she makes can be destroyed with light, and any weapons or platforms constructed out of shadow are not very sturdy. Only with intense concentration can Ririka create a true 'shield' of shadow by making it extremely solid, and this is often quite draining.

Weapon(s)/Fighting Style: Rainmaker - Designed and built by Ririka herself, Rainmaker appears outwardly to be a normal umbrella. It certainly functions as much, but the canopy is designed of a unique combination of strong polycarbonate alloys, insulators, and a graphene composite that make it both light enough to use easily and yet over a hundred times stronger than steel. The canopy easily serves as a shield, while the tip holds two weapons; a thin graphene composite blade for fencing, and a triple clawed grappling hook, used both for reaching high places or grabbing monsters and drawing them in. The grapple line can also be charged with electricity, shocking anyone captured by the claw. The crook handle at the opposite end contains no such weapons, but can prove useful in close combat to entrap limbs or weapons. Ririka is proficient with Rainmaker both as a blunt weapon to be used in combination with martial arts, and as a fencing blade. Combining her intelligence, martial skill, semblence, and trick umbrella, Ririka fights with a very evasive and defensive style. She picks apart any flaw she can find in an opponent, plays mind games, and uses shadows to slip in and out of cover or attack from odd angles.

Personality/Behavior: The Genius Goth Girl. Part the aloof loner, part the deadpan snarker, Ririka often keeps to herself and rarely socializes. She usually only speaks when spoken to, unless she has an idea. Her aloof nature is a boon in battle, however, as she never seems to lose her cool, even when things are at their worst. Her calm nature has helped her pull herself out of tricky situations in the past.

Character Flaws: She's far from perfect, however; her intellect and skill have both led her to having a bit of an ego and she sometimes lets her confidence get her in over her head from time to time. She also has a small obsession with machinery and finds technology fascinating, which can distract her. Ririka is mostly concerned, however, with bettering herself in every aspect. She will stop at nothing to prove she is the best and actively seeks out strong combatants in order to test her mettle. She cares little for anyone that gets in the way of her goals.

Background: Ririka has come up from absolutely nothing. Her mother died in childbirth and her father, an already stressed-out salaryman, took to the drink to deal with the loss of his wife. When Ririka was three his liver gave out and he passed away, orphaning her. Her father died with a nasty reputation, owing a lot of people money. As a child she had immense trouble finding a family to adopt her and as such, spent quite a bit of time in an orphanage.

Determined not to follow in her father's footsteps and step out of his shadow, she devoted herself to study and academia. Taking up an interest in cold, unfeeling machinery helped stem the tide of sadness and occupy her mind with something practical. Spending most of her time studying and working helped her develop her mind, but it didn't really do wonders for her social skills. Her loner nature made it hard for her to find people to take her in and she was soon shuffled out of the orphanage, to be left in the care of a nearby boarding school until she was old enough to transfer to Signal Academy. While many students at Signal seemed to have a natural aptitude for fighting and combat, Ri did not. She had to train constantly just to keep up. Her raw martial arts skill proved weak at first, so she developed her signature weapon to help cope, giving her both reach and a number of tricks to use against more skilled opponents. Realizing she could rely on ingenuity instead of raw strength and speed, Ririka developed a singular style that relies upon her intellect and predicting her opponent to win.  After finally graduating, she transferred to Beacon Academy where she met with much more success.

These days, Ririka is dedicated wholly to improving her own station and combat prowess. Determined to prove herself (mostly to herself) until she feels she can live down the shame of her drunkard of a father, she will stop at nothing to be known as one of the greatest hunters in the world, for good or for ill. She will ally herself with others only if she feels it will benefit her in some way and will just as quickly leave a group if she feels it has no more use. She cares little for anyone she hurts in pursuit of her goal.

Other: Theme, Addt'l Image 1, Addt'l Image 2, Addt'l Image 3

There are a few things I wanna clear up about your profile. For starters, I think you got the Alliance part wrong, for it was meant to show if your character was going to be a hunter, villain or other (like civilian or something else). Being lawful evil doesnt necessarily tell which side you're on, we COULD have an evil hunter.

Secondly, the semblance feels a little OP/doesn't exactly click in with the RWBY universe. By this, I mean things like the teleportation, the shields and constructs. It feels like you've got the world on your fingertips, and I'm not sure everyone wants to deal with something that. Shields, your aura practically does that job, so I see little the point to use shadows for that purpose. I'm not barring out the whole ability, just a few things here and there. Are you familiar with the RWBY? It gives you a good idea what to strive for/expect. Teleportation would be it's own power in itself, if anything. What kind of constructs did you have in mind, any examples?   

MissFire

Sorry to hear you don't like it. I'll step out, then. Good luck to you.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Jmorty33

Quote from: SweetRevenge on September 14, 2014, 10:00:40 AM
Well, someone is already using a bow, so it's not that great of an idea to have 2 people using similar weapons. Not that it's gonna stop anything though. It's not perfect, but I can deal with (I mean, Jean and Pyrra both use sword and shield combo, but their combat styles are so different that it works fine for the show). If you choose your second option, you may way to change the name a little, since my character has a weapon called Aegis Arc, but otherwise could be a go.

That's what I was thinking. They'd have similar weapons, but different styles. It seems like Melisa's character is the strict archer, electing to stay at a distance and only use the blade part of her weapon if all else fails. My archer isn't afraid to get into the thick of the fight thanks to its ability to separate into dual swords or combine into a large broadsword. Though like I said, if the bow doesn't work, I've got the shield and another idea in mind.

SweetRevenge

I dont really oppose against it. Only that it means that the present line-up lacks of a proper tank, but there only really needs one in every team or so. It's not a necessity, but usually suggested.

Jmorty33

I thought we weren't doing teams since this wasn't the Beacon days? These were solo hunters doing solo jobs.

SweetRevenge

Ah ah ah =P An eventual team will form up, because you're all going to stumble across leads that will essentially bring you guys together to hunt one common evil. ESSENTIALLY, you are all hunters on the job. But there's nothing stopping you guys from eventually coming across you guys and teaming up if need be... ;) I never fully explained the story as I'm still hashing out some parts to it, but I have a few ideas that have become a good ground for the plot and how things will roll out.

AngelicBlade

Aura/Semblance: Tarivous has a moderately strong aura that slightly reflects Tarivous's Semblance and surrounds Tarivous in a white slightly burning aura. Tarivous's aura is mainly used to enhance regeneration healing wounds quicker but has no real offensive capabilities and it can block lower powered blows. Tarivous's Semblance is the ability to conjure White Flames and he can use his semblance for a wide attack that has lower heat then if he used it to send out superheated fireballs or beams of sorts. Tarivous's Semblance has to charge before he can use it's full power. As his Semblance charges Tarivous's hair will turn more and more white. The white will start in the center of his hair and spread out to the tips of his hair. Once fully charged Tarivous is able to create a pillar of flames that erupts from the ground where one of his flame blasts hit.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: A broadsword named White Dragon. The weapon is capable of channeling dust through it as well as being able to fire dust bullets out of the tip of the blade. When White Dragon is in sword form it acts as a catalyst for the Tarivous's semblance and he used it to create arcs of the white flames. When in Rifle form Tarivous can fire all kinds of dust ammunition out of it from medium range. He uses ranged attacks to weaken his opponents before closing in on them and attacking them with melee attacks.  White Dragon generally has Yellow and Red Dust inside of it to give Tarivous more agility and the Red dust is used for boosting the speed of Tarivous's Semblance.

When in melee range Tarivous uses a sword technique he created called the Dragon's Dance. Tarivous's sword strokes look like it could be dance moves and he combines the style with his semblance to superheat his blade and surround it in white flames. The flames on his blade help in distracting his foes with the bright light.

Character Flaws: Tarivous is an honorable person meaning he will not attack someone with their back turned and he'll never fight dirty, this leaves him susceptible to dirty fighting and he's also gotten himself into ambushes because of his honorable ways. He's also just and has a hard time sitting by while evil happens often blowing his cover when it comes to recon missions to gather intel.

Tarivous's Semblance takes a minute to charge and it's easy to tell when it is charging since his hair changes colors. His flame blasts also aren't very fast thus the reason he speed them up with the force of the Red Dust. Tarivous isn't really fast and will have problems dodging attacks that are fast but he makes up for it with his strength and will. His aura doesn't help Tarivous much when it comes to blocking powerful blows.

Background:

I'm reworking his background to be more in depth but here's what I got so far. I hope it's better.

SweetRevenge

Much better! =3 I like. I know some bios can take a while (I know I tend to type rapidly, especially when inspired), so I'm okay if you take a few days to write it up =J

AngelicBlade

Aura/Semblance: Tarivous has a moderately strong aura that slightly reflects Tarivous's Semblance and surrounds Tarivous in a white slightly burning aura. Tarivous's aura is mainly used to enhance regeneration healing wounds quicker but has no real offensive capabilities and it can block lower powered blows. Tarivous's Semblance is the ability to conjure White Flames and he can use his semblance for a wide attack that has lower heat then if he used it to send out superheated fireballs or beams of sorts. Tarivous's Semblance has to charge before he can use it's full power. As his Semblance charges Tarivous's hair will turn more and more white. The white will start in the center of his hair and spread out to the tips of his hair. Once fully charged Tarivous is able to create a pillar of flames that erupts from the ground where one of his flame blasts hit.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: A broadsword named White Dragon. The weapon is capable of channeling dust through it as well as being able to fire dust bullets out of the tip of the blade. When White Dragon is in sword form it acts as a catalyst for the Tarivous's semblance and he used it to create arcs of the white flames. When in Rifle form Tarivous can fire all kinds of dust ammunition out of it from medium range. He uses ranged attacks to weaken his opponents before closing in on them and attacking them with melee attacks.  White Dragon generally has Yellow and Red Dust inside of it to give Tarivous more agility and the Red dust is used for boosting the speed of Tarivous's Semblance.

When in melee range Tarivous uses a sword technique he created called the Dragon's Dance. Tarivous's sword strokes look like it could be dance moves and he combines the style with his semblance to superheat his blade and surround it in white flames. The flames on his blade help in distracting his foes with the bright light.

Character Flaws: Tarivous is an honorable person meaning he will not attack someone with their back turned and he'll never fight dirty, this leaves him susceptible to dirty fighting and he's also gotten himself into ambushes because of his honorable ways. He's also just and has a hard time sitting by while evil happens often blowing his cover when it comes to recon missions to gather intel.

Tarivous's Semblance takes a minute to charge and it's easy to tell when it is charging since his hair changes colors. His flame blasts also aren't very fast thus the reason he speed them up with the force of the Red Dust. Tarivous isn't really fast and will have problems dodging attacks that are fast but he makes up for it with his strength and will. His aura doesn't help Tarivous much when it comes to blocking powerful blows.

Background: Tarivous was the second son of two famous hunters. His Father was known as the White Wall, and used a huge hammer with really thick armor and aura. His Mother was known as the Dust Dragon, she was a really talented user of dust and had a Semblance that increased her proficiency with dust. Tarivous grew up with only his brother in life as his parents were generally busy out doing missions. When they were around they trained the boys in combat and the use of Dust and aura.

Around the age of twelve Tarvious was almost done with battle school. At age thirteen he graduated battle school and was sent to an Academy like Beacon.  The White Wall and Dust Dragon were slain while on a mission. After the death of their parents Tarivous's brother went on a downward spiral of crime. He was eventually caught by a hunter and killed.

Left on his own, Tarivous finished becoming a hunter at the age of nineteen. Tarivous started to make a name for himself as he burned criminals and monsters with his searing hot white flames. Because of his signature white flame Semblance and because of his use of Dust like his mother people started calling him the White Dragon. So he took the name and gave it to his Gunblade. After making a bit of a name for himself Tarivous started working with other Hunters for a while before starting to wander around getting missions every now and again and helping people where ever he goes.

Well this is the final product I suppose, for some reason I had some difficulties coming up with a background for him. I think I need to learn more about the world of Remnant...

SweetRevenge

I'll consider it good enough =P Though, if you want I can help you out a little. I know that the information about the world of Remnant is often either right i your face or very subtle. Is there any particular subjects you aren't very clear with? Since we'll be working together, I don't see why I could fill in some of the gaps in term of information. The more we know, the better, right? =J

With that in mind, I believe that, even though I'm not quite done with the full creation of the villain (RL has been a little more busy), we have enough to starting kicking something off upright. Now, do any of you wish to hash out any prior connections? Start together? Start apart, each on their own leads and randomly meet everyone/someone at point A(B,C,D,etc)? You get my point =P

AngelicBlade

Well, do you know the other nations and what they're like I feel like they mentioned it in the episodes but didn't go over it much.

SweetRevenge

I do; the main story of the show happens in the city of Vale, in the country of Vale, so I don't feel as I need to explain this one so much. The 3 other countries are named Mistral, Vacuo and Atlas. Mistral is said to have greco-roman backgrounds, as both Pyrra and Neptune originate from there. The deduction of the greco-roman is linked to Pyrra's get-up, fighting style and also Neptune's name. Expect lush forests and jungles, ruins and history to be present in the areas of Mistral. Atlas is the military country, where Weiss is from. It's where the headquarters of the Shnee Dust Company resides as well. Atlas is greatly know for it's huge technological advancements, where most of it's infantry are androids instead of humans. The generals thought of reducing the number of human casualties by doing so, and thus most of the military is automized, even if they haven't sacrificed the human aspect of war. People still go in combat, but less to fight, more to control what's going on and not to have the mechanical mistakes robots could make. Vacuo is the isolated country, where poverty and hard life reign and where Sun originated from. A land that consists mostly of arid wastelands and deserts, Vacuo is the least well-off kingdom between all 4.

EDIT:
A map to put everything in perspective! With the recent video giving more information about the kingdoms, I got the map a little wrong XP Here's their proper positions;

Vale is at near the center, Atlas is up north, Mistral is east by a large lake and Vacuo is the one way west. =J

MelisaArtemis

Well, my archer would be Mistral-origin then. Considering her background :P

pendarious

as for connections to other characters both of my characters are open though I've no idea at the moment who I'd say would connect with them.

Jmorty33

Ok, so I finally got around to cranking out the majority of my character. Still working out the finer points of the background, but I hope to have that finalized soon.:

Name: Jmorty33

Character Name: Vergil Reis

Sex And Specie: Human male

Alliance: Hunters of Vale

Aura/Semblance: Vergil uses his aura in a purely defensive way, emitting a deep, dark, blue when in use. Rather than an all-encompassing shield, he concentrates it around three areas: shoulders, knees, and the center mass of his chest. If any of those areas have anything torn or compromised then he can't raise his shield properly, or possibly not even be able to grip his sword, let alone stand. His semblance is the ability to control the wind. He utilizes it in combat to create slipstreams for his shield bits and to dash around the battlefield. The only downside is that it splits his concentration, trying to do two things at once.
Weapon(s)/fighting style: He uses a new take on the sword and shield combo, Ancile. Ancile is a long shield that has a number of bladed bits on the shield. The longer ones that tip the end can be used offensively. His sword Viridis Mors (top is the sword form, middle is the shield bits combined to make a buster sword, bottom is the rifle mode), and the bladed shield bits that he can fire at a distance using his semblance, but they can also be combined together to create short single edged swords that he can use in a pinch. He uses standard ammunition and Dust shells of varying elements to create a number of effects, mainly crowd control ones.

Personality/Behavior: Earlier in life, Vergil was incredibly flippant, casually mouthing off to even those older than him and generally rubbing people the wrong way, thinking himself to be an invincible tank. Though an event does mature him, shocking him to realizing that he was not invincible. He now knows when being light and jovial is appropriate and when to remain serious and calm. Still, the fire of the fight is burning brightly within him. Taking on missions and challenging a number of opponents to duel. Vergil is seemingly unflappable, not showing fear whether he's being attacked by the several Ursa in the forest or being confronted by a Deathstalker. Though it’s merely on the surface. A calm face will always allow others around him to relax and do well, if he showed his panic then everything will topple. Vergil can seem at times to be uncaring or even callous (especially in a fight), but actually has a very strong sense of justice and prefers to fight fairly. He can be counted on to do the right thing. Vergil values family and friends very highly.
Character Flaws: Vergil once was a jovial and energetic, not caring what may come, wanting to take things head on. He never really worried about the consequences and just did what it took to get the job done. However, that kind of attitude led to the event. After, it forced him to sober up to reality and express more caution and calm down. He now takes care, wanting to plan things out and know what he’s getting into before leaping. Vergil does this exercise control, not allowing his old ways to flare up again. Though it is a struggle to maintain it since, as the saying goes, “old habits die hard”.  He also struggles with survivor’s guilt, holding on to the memory of his fallen comrades with small trinkets that they had on them when their bodies were returned. The memory of them holds him back many times and has him throwing unnecessary caution when a bit brashness could favor the outcome.

Background:

SweetRevenge

Quote from: pendarious on September 22, 2014, 04:03:25 PM
as for connections to other characters both of my characters are open though I've no idea at the moment who I'd say would connect with them.
Have you been working on your profiles to flesh them out? Just checking up on you, since they were missing some development. If your character can't remember much, why can't they? Was there a trauma in their past that they shut out? Brainwashed? Amnesia induced by combat? I'd hate to repeat myself, but I aim to have characters that have some core to them. Whatever you think may be required to know about your character, whether it be a question asked to them or files on them, it's gotta show up on the character profile. That goes for everybody, myself included.

pendarious

i've had a bad case of writers block recently but i am still developing my characters. I admit I'm not entirely satisfied with how incomplete they feel at the moment

MelisaArtemis

made a little more change to my character profile :)

SweetRevenge

There's a part that bugs me a little about her bio, though a tiny detail. You mention "White Night". Did you mean the White Fang, or was that intentional?

MelisaArtemis

pendarious

ok I've expanded on Louise Carroll's past and I'm still working on Frederick Nemo.

1SAZ

Still accepting? If so, I'm working on a character and will try to post him up tonight. Thank you binge watching RWBY.

1SAZ

Name: 1SAZ

Character Name:  Allen Corvus

Sex And Specie: Male Faunus

Alliance: Huntsman

Aura/Semblance: Flight: At will, Allen can manifest two pitch black wings of aura that grant him limited flight, something he uses to great effect when hunting creatures of Grimm that can take to the skies. He prefers not to use this ability however while at Beacon due to the tendency for people to show "discomfort" with his race. His power is also tied to his emotions, where the stronger his will to fight or protect is, the greater his ability to fly (though he can usually only manage a gliding effect at best and a slow fall more often than not).

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Nevermore: Classified as a Revolving Magnum Burst Edge, Nevermore takes the form of a highly ornate revolver with a hexagonal cylinder that feeds from the lowest chamber, a blade running the length of the barrel to the trigger guard. The guard itself is more akin to that of a lever action rifle than a hand cannon. The base of the grip is rounded in a arch of steel with a round gem placed just above and the rest of the wooden grip wrapped in black cloth. In it's initial form, it is a short range power house, delivering high powered shots while allowing the user to get in close to make use of it's blade. However, the true use of Nevermore is in it's activated states, the first of which is a lever action carbine, elongating the barrel of the revolver while also tilting the grip back slightly for a more comfortable grip while taking aim at range. While in this form, Nevermore is well suited for medium range combat, though due to the lack of stock and shorter barrel length than most rifles, it hardly contends at long range. The last form Nevermore takes is that of a double-edged long sword, the grip extending and folding to run in line with the blade as the blade unfolds into a long sword and covers the barrel of the gun, leaving the cylinder uncovered for reloads while in melee combat. When the weapon is fired in this form, it increases the velocity of a strike.

In combat, Allen uses the dominating close combat abilities of the revolver form as his primary combat method, though when forced into a melee, he will utilize the sword form instead to give him greater striking ability. He tends to use swinging motions in all of his techniques, whether when using Nevermore as a firearm or a blade. It gives his combat an elegance that can be compared to that of a dance, or as he calls it, the poetry of death. He also tends to go air born during his strikes, leaving the ground with spinning kicks and slashes, flipping through the air as if it were as natural to him as walking or swimming.

Personality/Behavior: A quiet and reserved individual, Allen seems like an exemplary gentleman until you get him talking, at which point he never stops. He most often talks in cryptic quips rather than straightforward responses, much to the ire of his team more often than not. That said, you will never meet a more loyal individual. He will fight to the bitter end for his friends, even at the expense of his own safety. When not found tinkering with his weapon, Allen can be found reading in trees and other high up points, and has actually turned the sheets of his bed into a hammock attached to the roof of his dorm.

Character Flaws: Allen is painfully shy, known to dart away when confronted with a beautiful woman, or at least blushing furiously. He has been goaded into "attempting" to flirt in the past, usually to comically abysmal results. Combat wise, Allen is a highly aggressive fighter with the tendency to put offense ahead of defense. When his friends are in peril, the shy young man has a tendency to come to their aid in a clash of blades or wit. He also prefers to peck at his food rather than eat like most, which can be quite annoying when someone makes him a meal.

Background: Born outside of the kingdom of Mistral, the Raven Faunus that became Allen was initially taught that the key to survival was putting yourself ahead of all others. Unlike many of the murder that he grew up in, Allen acceded expectations early in life in the dance of death, pitting his "talons" against any creature of Grimm that dare to face him. It wasn't until he finally saw the blood of someone he cared about that he lost the taste for combat, leaving his murder for a life in the cities. Studying literature and technology, the young boy grew into an exceptional scholar. However, a raven can never leave a murder without bloodshed, and not enough was shed for Allen's betrayal it seemed.

After a year of hiding away, spending his days reading in libraries across the kingdom, the murder caught up with the young raven, and the streets ran red that night. While killing Allen would have more than made up for his running from the murder, it seemed that was not enough for the boy's "father", and instead the man attacked those around him. Allen was forced to watch as the friends he had gained over the year were slaughtered before his eyes, their blood coating his face as he was held to the ground in their pools. If it weren't for that moment however, the faunus would have never discovered his own strength, the strength to protect.

In a burst of aura that shook the core of those around him, Allen rose from the bloodied floor with a scream of vengeance, his eyes the color of crimson. Spectral wings swung out from either shoulder as he rose from the floor, black feathers falling all around as the boy continued to scream for the fallen. Their deaths awoke his power, and with his strength, he ended the massacre with a single blow, not fatal, but enough to put his "father" down.

Hours later, Allen awoke with no memory of his power or the vengeance that he wrought upon the murder, sitting in a room with the pictures of his friends laid out upon the table. It was then that a man with white hair and a cane stepped in, only asking one question to the young man: "Do you wish to prevent these tragedies in the future?" Allen's only answer was that of what would become his weapon, "Nevermore..."

MelisaArtemis

Aww~ I like Allen... kinda :P I think he'd get along well with Mizuki. Wanna team up? Speaking of which... we're in dire need of female characters. So far, the only female character is... well... mine and Pend who is also playing a male character as well... its like... what? 8:2 m:f ratio? =w=;

1SAZ

The kinda part disturbs me slightly, but hey, that's what character development is for! I am for teaming up for sure though. After all, what close range fighter doesn't need a bit of long range support?

MelisaArtemis

I said "kinda" coz he sound like someone that Mizuki would get along with... just not as love interest :P

1SAZ

Why do I get the feeling that if I do get accepted, I'm going to be the Jaune of this game?

Sessha

Nah you'd totally be the Sun and Neptune at the noodle stand kind of person.  ;D ;D ;D

Sessha

Here is two of my three characters I've come up with so far. Both of them are works in progress so bare with me ok.

Name: Sessha

Character Name: Artina King

Sex And Specie: Female Human

Alliance: Hunters of Vale

Aura/Semblance: She has a strong defensive and manipulation based aura to make up for her lack of defensive abilities./ Her Semblance is called Enchanting. She can infuse her aura into her weapon making it have greater cutting edge or used to fire off blasts of energy from a weapon

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Bastard sword named Excelia Calabrande/ Fighting style is one handed or two handed.

Personality/Behavior: Artina like to style herself after legends of the world past. She holds herself as noble and chivalrous but yet when something comes up that can benefit her personally she is willing to break her own word. 

Character Flaws: Artina always keeps her word, except when it involves for her own personal gain, then she will break it.

Background:

Name: Sessha

Character Name: Julia Caesar

Sex And Specie: Female Human.

Alliance: Hunters of Mistral

Aura/Semblance: A potent and powerful offensive based aura. Her Semblance is called Veni, vidi, vici. When Julia activates her semblance it greatly increases her combat prowess by factor of ten. The increase is so much that it can only be used for a short time due to the incredible strain it puts on her body. Thus she only uses it as either a last resort or to end fights quickly.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Imperia Praetor. Julia's style of combat relies on the use of close range weapons. She mainly uses a Gladius style sword that converts to a sawed off shotgun for close-range fire and then into a javelin for throwing distances and rifle for further range.

Personality/Behavior: Julia is generally an approachable person, though she does on occasion have a flair for the dramatic such as during her sweet sixteen party she had a couple of her friends bring her in wrapped in a red carpet and as they unfurled it she sprung to her feet presenting herself to the guests of the party.

Character Flaws: Julia is both ambitious and yet fair. She'll disobey orders if she thinks she can and do something that needs to be done.

Background:

Wolfie

If you are still accepting I will try to get a character made at some point in the week. Gotta love RWBY.

Also, it has been a very long time Pendarious and 1SAZ. Good to see old faces, so to speak.

SweetRevenge

Yes, we are still accepting. Stuff are still being worked a little by nearly everyone, so it's a rather slow movement speed at the moment. I'm still working on the villain myself, he's taking shape =J I might have a result by the end of the week.

Wolfie

I see. Does anyone know the hunter/villain ratio? I will more than likely choose to make the least used.

SweetRevenge

We have more hunters than villains, that's for sure. But I haven't finished up the main villain profile, so I guess people are a little hesitant to make villains.

Wolfie

Then I shall play a villain. Hmmm... Probably a wolf or leopard faunice. Huh. I need to think on this. Picture hunting I go!

MelisaArtemis

My SO is interested but wanna make another hunter to complete the 3 person cell with my character and 1SAZ. If that's ok, I'll get him to make a sheet ASAP :)

Vaulera

Oh my! I've been looking for a RWBY game for so long. I'm absolutely interested in this, if there's still a spot, and I think I even have a character profile written up somewhere. I have her as a hunter, I believe, but I could change her to be a villain.

Wolfie

Yeah, I've been trying to make a villain myself guys. I don't know when he is going to get the main villain up though.

Wolfie

SweetRevenge

Of course, this is still open. The choice is up to you if you feel like playing villain or hunter. All I care about is quality =J

Honestly, I have no clue as to when I'll have the main villain complete. I've been debating with different scenarios to apply to him and I havent gotten the spark for his background down quite yet. A few ideas have been laid down, so there's something there, but before I put anything up, I'll have him filled out more than he presently is.

Wolfie

Let me know Revenge, since our villains are gonna be linked. I need to see your background and make my character to fit.

Vaulera

Name: Vaulera

Character Name: Sora Entreris

Sex And Species: Female Human

Orientation: Bisexual, no particular leaning

Aura/Semblance: Sora's Aura is a very deep cyan, speaking volumes about her personality, and even very telling of her strange fighting style, if one were to have already seen it. Though ordinarily her aura is subdued, it flares greatly when she fights, streaking behind her as she moved, or hanging in muted glows when she activates her semblance. Though her aura may be considered strange, her semblance is yet stranger. It details the ability to control her weight, either making herself lighter, or oftentimes using it to make herself much heavier. Used when she has already reached high acceleration, or when bracing to receive a charge, it yields devastating results.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: Sora's weapon is named Evening Shadow, and it is a massive poleaxe with a crescent blade at its head and composed entirely of metals. Engineered to withstand the extreme forces of her abilities, Evening Shadow never bends or breaks, and has a multitude of additional combat functions beyond the obvious slashing and smashing. Built into the shaft of the weapon is a high-impact flechette launcher. Massive needles up to three feet in length are fired by detonating a charge in the head of the weapon, beneath the blade, the triggering mechanism twisting the bolt near the end of the weapon, or the mouth of the barrel. The extreme length of the barrel, and large size of the charges detonated mean that the needles reach extreme levels of acceleration, and cause massive amounts of trauma, but require reloading the charges after just three shots. This entails pulling aside the blunt instruments beneath the blade to open the barrel, and manually loading the charges inside. Sora's fighting style revolves heavily around using her semblance in coordination with her excellent skills to make her a primarily melee combatant, reaching high speeds and slamming into an opponent, or making herself way a matter of tonnes when an opponent tries to make an unarmed attack. Her semblance gives her an immense edge in unarmed combat, especially striking. By making her fist weigh a great deal at the peak of acceleration, it becomes a devastating weapon, though without proper gloves, it will ruin her bones. When not in use, Evening Shadow's two bludgeons press inwards, and the barrel collapses until it is just the two rings that attach to the weaponized portions, which she hangs over her shoulder from a strap.

Personality/Behavior: A result of her constant self discipline, Sora is usually a very calm and controlled person when it comes to the heat of combat, oftentimes standing her ground against much larger foes or greater numbers. As a result, she is also very stubborn, and usually unwilling to compromise her opinions or values. Her rigorous self discipline leaves her usually at a loss in social situations however, as she is both inexperienced and generally speaking incapable of understanding any sort of social hierarchy outside the seniority imposed by an institution. Though she may retain a good deal of control, once pushed beyond her limits of self control, or social understanding, she can act both strangely and in knee-jerk reactions.

Character Flaws: Extremely stubborn, Sora usually will keep a grudge even past the misunderstanding or conflict that started the whole thing. This manifests itself in the way she fights as well, sometimes singling out a troublesome opponent and relentlessly butting heads with it until one of them is defeated. All of her discipline lends her to a particularly high-strung attitude, and coping with pressure becomes difficult once she's already been pushed past the limit. Worst of all, she will never forget an insult to her, or anything she cares about.

Background: Hailing from Vacuo, Sora is very unusual for their denizens. Born the daughter of a hunter and an artist, her parents had very different opinions on how she should be raised. Her father always said that she should grow up and be a great hunter, and defend the world from dark and injustice, hailed by all as a exemplar of power and righteousness. Her mother however, thought that was an entirely silly way of living, and believed she should be raised to be a polite lady, so that she could one day leave the rather harsh environs of Vacuo for high society in a rich and lavish lifestyle. Never coming to an agreement, they began to teach her both, but never at the same time.

As a very young child, along with her schooling, she received lessons from her mother and father, (though she always preferred her father's lessons,) and became quite the diligent person. After school, she would spend a couple hours learning the essentials for living from her mother, like cooking, mending and finer arts. Then it was off with her father to learn how to be a hunter, schooling her on the matters of Grimm, and Hunter combat. He taught her how to fight, and through the constant ordeals he tasked her with, brought out her semblance. He even gifted her with her dearest Evening Shadow, training with her every day. Needless to say, her childhood was colourful, and she learned many useful talents, getting ahead in the schooling for prospective hunters. Of course, her mother learned that she was a much larger fan of her hunter lessons than the etiquette and lifestyle lessons that she provided, and so after weeks of pleading, she was allowed to attend a school for hunters.

Growing up into her adolescence, Sora was prodigal in her schooling. All of her early tutoring under her father had made her an exceptionally knowledgeable student in both combat and traditional lessons on Grimm and the like. This rift between their talents alienated her, gradually pushing her away from her peers, until she attended school for the sole purpose of training and schooling. More than just avoiding her, some students took things to extremes, either bullying her or saying harsh, unfair things in the form of notes or casually shouted things as she walked home. Sora didn't like her classmates, but she wanted to live up to her father's expectations, and so dedicated herself to being the best hunter she could be. Of course, this set her sights on Beacon, much to her mother's delight upon hearing that she wanted to school in Vale. Every day after school, she continued training with her father, trumped every time by an actual Hunter, but never failing to at least lose in style.

Moving to Vale, Sora was very well equipped for living on her own, working a job, studying hard and training harder. Her expectations socially were very low, but she still holds out hope for finding some friends in a school renowned for very talented students. That being said, she really had no experience in making friends or getting along with her peers, so the road was destined to be bumpy.

Sora
Evening Shadow

Alrighty! That's my application, just tell me if I need to change things to be a villain, or who I can team up with!

Sessha

Well while we make this out let's get our game going anyway.

Wolfie

Hmm... Enough characters to get started yes, but the story itself would have to wait for the main villain.

SweetRevenge

Well... Given that most of us will start off more as separate, and that hints and events lead you to one another, the main villain will be somewhat of a 'puppet-master', working from the shadows. He won't ACTUALLY make his introduction t'ill a little later, however I do agree that having a good idea how things will go is usually anticipated from a GM.

With that said, the recent developments in the show have been taking much of my attention. Much information was given about the Grimm, and some location hot-spots have been mentioned that I may just use ;) Furthermore, it gave a little more backbone to some of the theories that were swarming my mind, giving it a clearer outlook and direction. Some of the information that will be in his profile will reflect what was mentioned in the recent episodes, so I hope you guys are up to date on the episodes =P

Sessha

BlackLightning

Name: BlackLightning

Character Name:Ryuuga

Sex And Specie:Male. 27 yo. Human

Orientation: Het

Aura/Semblance: Ryuuga’s aura is among the high tier of the spectrum, reflecting his focus on melee combat and endurance. His semblance is called “Accel Flash” which when activated would greatly enhance his already substantial physical ability to the extreme, allowing him to move and react so fast that everything would seem to move in slow motion to his eyes.
Weapon(s)/fighting style: Primary: A set of black and silver gauntlets and greaves named “Strike Wolf” with retractable short blades at the back of the former which allows him to use it as a “Katar” while the greaves has spikes on its back that can be used for similar function.
Night Silver
Blade mechanism

As his weapon of choice implies, Ryuuga is a pure melee fighter with several mastery under his belt that he blends together to create a hybrid style of his own. It is said that he combines the Hard Impact of Bajiquan, Agility of Taekwondo and Flexibility of Jiujitsu. In a team battle, his designated position would be as a front attacker due to his high endurance and physical abilities. An impact from his semblance and aura enhanced strike said to be able to destroy a 20 inch thick of solid steel. Ryuuga is also quite proficient with his katana though he rarely uses it, preferring to use his hands and feet as weapon.

Personality/Behavior:  To put it lightly, Ryuuga is not the friendliest of person. He is cold and blunt, almost sarcastic and pragmatic in fact, which tends to get under people’s skin although most of the time he is at the right side of the argument. He is highly efficient in nearly everything he does, whether in or out of battle. His motto of “No compromise” has caused him to be on the bad list of almost everyone he encounters whether enemies or allies, even fellow hunters tend to avoid him altogether if they can help it. He does however, has several people who he gets along with, his team members for one, toward which he is extremely reliable and protective of them.

Character Flaws: As far as personality is concerned, Ryuuga rarely works well with others due to his hard-headed personality and attitude than can be mistaken to be arrogant and condescending. Though he is cool-headed most of the time, he can be quite vindictive toward someone who dares to raise a finger or even a word toward someone he cares about. His inability to walk away from a challenge has also land him in more trouble than he cared to admit, anyone who knew how to push his button would be able to catch him unaware.

In battle, Ryuuga is strictly melee fighter means that he has absolutely no ranged attack. Though it is not necessarily a handicap, it does give him significantly harder time fighting against purebred long range fighters and snipers. Also due to his fighting style, Ryuuga doesn’t wear armor since they would limit his movement. Although his physical endurance and weapons somewhat makes up for the absence, they does not make him blade or bullet-proof. Any weapons designed to cut or pierce would wound him all the same if they hit at the unprotected part… which is most of his body.

Background: Ryuuga was an orphan who had lived on the street for most of his childhood. He was then adopted by a Faunus hunter who raised him and taught him how to protect and fight for himself. They soon develop a father and son bond despite their different race and lived in relative peace hidden in their cottage in one of the rare grassland of Vacuo. Once he was old enough, his father enrolled him into a Hunter academy after seeing his innate talent for battle, hoping that the academy could shape him to be someone who will do well for the world.

Unfortunately, It was during his second year at the academy that he receives the news that his father got severely injured during a mission. With permission from the academy, Ryuuga rushed to the hospital where his surrogate father has been admitted to. He managed to get there just as his esteemed father releases his last breaths and with which he gives his prized sword to Ryuuga as symbol of inheritance.

An inquiry to the hunters who worked with his father gives Ryuuga the knowledge of what had happened. It turned out that one of his father’s close friends had sold his father out to a criminal organization. The said person had conspired by sending a distress signal to his father asking for his help during a mission, a signal that his father immediately responded to. When he arrived though, it looked as if his friend had been in the middle of being ambushed and jumped down to help… only to be stabbed in the back, literally, by the same friend who then left him for death in a grimm invested forest. His father fought and managed to escape though his injury saw that he wouldn’t last too long even with the best medical expertise available.

Since then, Ryuuga had made it his mission in life to avenge his father and kill the traitor, preferably with his own two hands.

Sessha

SweetRevenge

I do admit having trouble finishing up the villain, and the latest episode has sent me for a loop. If anything, I never saw anything like it coming... XP

EDIT: Just a little update, I'm really just missing the weapon and the character personality, but otherwise, it's about done =J

Wolfie

Remember, Revenge, that as we talked about I need your main villain to be completed before I can get mine underway.

SweetRevenge

And here's your villain that you've all been waiting for for so long! I apologize once more for the large delay XP

Character Name: Lucien Rancor

Sex And Specie: Human, 34, Male

Alliance: Villain

Aura/Semblance: Though he once wielded a pure white aura that exuded positive energy, it has become stained by a darkness that he embraced at a young age. His aura, now pitch black with vibrant red streaks of the familiar glow of the eyes of the Grimm, isn't particularly out of the usual apart from it's color, though it emanates a rather negative feeling. His semblance however, is out of the ordinary completely. His semblance, on first glance, gives 'buffs' to the one who's marked. However, applied to the Grimm, it links to the minds of the dark creatures while applying the buffs. Those whom he chooses to mark gain buffs of strength, speed and even intelligence. It would have been a great supportive attribute, if he hadn't fallen in darkness. Lucien is able to 'take over' multiple Grimm at a time, almost like a hive mind. Often operating from the shadows, he uses the Grimm to do his bidding. The Grimm who receive that mark react a little different from people, however. The Grimm, being soulless creatures, were subject to absorb the mark's attribute after being exposed to it regularly. The exact science is that the mark is essentially part of Lucien's aura, his soul. The bodies absorb the soul and become linked to his mind, like a hive mind and an extension of his aura, thriving through another vessel.

Weapon(s)/fighting style: For a good amount of time, Lucien plays with the Grimm to accomplish feats they couldn't alone. Understanding that taking over alpha's within the Grimm specie meant having more control over it's pack or 'followers', he places his aura mark on these, which give the subject to the mark buffs mentioned earlier. Lucien built himself a 'private guard' and eventually extended his control as he took in stronger creatures and built his 'army' as such. Lucien began to experiment on his own with dust, mostly executing his test on his Grimm subjects. The more obedient and weaker ones past first, as he figured things out what to do and what not to. It cost many subjects, but the Grimm weren't to difficult to find.
However, when he shorthanded on Grimm pawns, Lucien prefers to defend himself with a halberd. The staff can divide itself into 3 sections, and it can conduct red fire dust throughout the whole staff, with a rocket function if thrown. The dust is mostly stored in the red jewel area of the axe. This also makes the axe-head very hot and can burn as it cuts. He uses the halberd in rotative movements mostly, bust he also slashes and chops with it.

Personality/Behavior: The darkness within him has been present for far too long, it has riddled the man with hate and negativity. Though he has come around to a great control over his powers and strength and is able to hold a calm composure, he has a madness that hides itself very well. Very much like clockwork, he tries to plan every outcome and be ready for them, making him a very tricky fellow. With the years of organizing himself and his schemes, he has gained experience that some would say military men would get in terms of strategy. His education also comes in handy, as he passes a good part of his time in his laboratory. Lucien has a knack of sending Grimm to do his bidding, using his semblance's attribute with Grimm to know what's happening on a battlefield.

Character Flaws: His madness, if stressed too much or definite loss is nearby and all escape is impossible, will erupt, turning him desperate, raging and . He also has a great disconnection with human contact and civilization. He keeps updated by flying on the back of a Nevermore, but otherwise he is rather limited from human contact. This leads for rather poor social skills. His darkness emanates from him, which Grimm pick up and follow, so Grimm tend to follow wherever he goes.

Background: Lucien's tale is one of darkness and misery. The boy grew up in the outskirts of Vacuo, near the borders of the city. Like many know, Vacuo isn't the place of luxury. It was one of the harder environments to grow up in, given for a kingdom, as life on the outskirts was a risky one. Creatures of Grimm often appeared, breaching the city walls to scavenge for food. It was a general hellhole, with gangs fights erupting every now and then. The streets weren't very safe, things were hard for everyone. Death was always walking the streets, it was a dog-eat-dog place. Not everyone would've stayed in these  conditions, but it was the perfect hiding place for people like Lucien's parents.
He was the offspring of serial killers in the ghettos of Vacuo. There wasn't light given to him at a young age, only the horrors of 2 maniacs.

At first, they used to be scientists, but their missions kept turning for the worst as they tried to study the Grimm. His father was stubborn and began doing it underground by himself, his mother as assistant. But they were meddling in things they weren't supposed to. Madness began to take hold of them as their hands grew stained from the darkness of the blood they devoted their time to research. Eventually they were discovered, but got away, escaped through the wilds and eventually went to Vacuo and hid there for the rest of their lives. They could only spread more blood as the madness drove them, and their only son was witness to their ever growing madness. They would experiment on their victims, saving their son only for what they would be certain wouldn't kill him.

He was 5 when is parents were caught and he was saved, but Lucien was left to walk the streets as an orphan, scarred for life of the experiments of his parents. No one trusted the kid, covered in scars and issue of mad serial killers. They were afraid he would do the same, after being exposed to so much murder and death. Before long, the child ended up outside the kingdom's walls. And encountered his first Grimm.

The Beowulf growled at him, glaring his blood red eyes at the defenseless child and slowly circling around him. Lucien was paralyzed in fear, exhausted and starved. There was no way for him to fight back, he was dinner to the Grimm. But instead of slashing down on the child, the Beowulf picked him up by the scruff of the shirt like it would a pup and brought it back to it's pack. In the beginning, he had no idea why. It wasn't until later that he understood that they could smell the negative energies pouring from him. He was already a Grimm inside, he only looked human. As the months went on, the Grimm scavenged meat for the human that understood them. He grew up amongst the darkest creatures, absorbing their energies with every passing day and becoming one of them. It also during this time, that his eyes lost their white purity and became black as the Grimm's fur itself.

It wasn't before he was a teenager that he began to thick farther than just surviving with the Grimm. He had traveled the lands on backs of Goliath and nevermores, he has seen the petty peace that other humans live in. How they spread the darkness themselves and cried over their own failures to understand the workings of this world. Lucien's hate only seeped more and more, as he despised the people would so merrily smiled and laughed while injustice and pain still wreaked the world around them. And so he began to form a plan, a plan to destroy the 4 kingdoms and remind the human race of the darkness that they inflict with every passing day, that they should atone for their sins.

Hiding that facet of Grimm and darkness and also wearing a pair of contacts, the young man faked his entrance into a Science school, with firm intention to learn more of techniques and proper material treatment and equipment he would require. He was also very good in the field. He graduated a few years later as a normal student, with nothing too special. To the headboards, Lucien disappeared off the radar after the school was done, his name not to be mentioned anywhere again. In truth, he returned to his hideout and began using his special attribute to his own strength; testing on live Grimm without the fear they would kill him or break loose, since they were already loose in the first place.

Sessha

Looks good from here. I can't wait for this to begin. :)

Wolfie

My CS will be up sometime in the next few days.

SweetRevenge

Well, I've waited quite a while and I believe that some people have been waiting for this to kick off, so I'm most likely going to make the OOC tomorrow (it's rather late here and I'm rather tired and slightly in pain, so my head's really not up to the game tonight)

Do you guys have any ideas of a mission you could be on when you'll encounter 'upgraded' Grimm? I could probably work something out, but having your input in what you'd like to do with the lead to get you guys together is better. =J

Sain

Hmm... do you want another villain or do you got your hands full on starting it up? I know I'm a bit late to respond to interest query, but just checking :)

Could play the considerably younger little sister of the main villain who got caught by them good guys at some point.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

pendarious

remember that Louise is a villain (technically) so she'd be receiving orders through the grimm.

as for Nemo well I'm not picky about how you introduce the grimm to him. speaking of him I do need to actually finish his sheet soon.

SweetRevenge

The villains might just be contacted directly by the 'big boss' himself. Hunters will come across abnormal Grimm creatures, and follow trails and leads thereafter. Maybe that could be the reason they were dispatched in that area in the first place; sightings of dangerous and abnormal Grimm.

EDIT Here's the OOC =D https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217373.0

Wolfie

I will be withdrawing from this topic. Sorry to say but I don't have time to make a character, much less even keep up with my solos lately due to rl