Agents of the Darkside

Started by Unnatural Selection, November 25, 2007, 02:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unnatural Selection

So allow me to reveal the extent of my geekery.  After playing some old Star Wars games, reading some d20 sourcebooks and broswing about on Wookiepedia, I've decided that I'd like to run a freeform SW game set in the days of the Old Republic.  I'm looking for 4-8 players to run through with me.

But now for the twist.  Ever since Darth Bane, the Sith have followed the rule of two; there would be only two Sith at one time, a Master and an apprentice, yadda yadda.  Darth Soren has just killed his master, and is ready to take an apprentice and build his base of power to attempt to fulfill the ancient dream of the Sith; the downfall of the Republic and the destruction of the Jedi.

He has gathered to him individuals amenable to his will, and will select from among them one to receive the secret trainings of the Sith.  Who will that be?

I dunno.  You guys figure it out.

This is a Bad Guystm campaign.  I've never run this sort of thing before, so I don't want to build up false expectations of competence here.  Let's start this off as an experiment with a finite life span.  If the game thrives and everyone enjoys, we can keep things going.

Anyone interested in participating, pitch me a character in a PM.  I only have a couple of base guidelines:

A)  Fallen Jedi are acceptable.  Fallen Jedi Masters are not.  I'd like everyone to start off as more or less equally competent; this means generally young adults old enough to be accomplished but still malleable enough to be tempted and corrupted by the dark side.
B)  Droids and non-Force users are fine.  This is also about establishing a network of influence to undermine the Republic as it is the Donald Trump's Apprentice rip-off we all know it is.
C)  As a wise man once said; you have to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.  By that, I mean no dorking each other over just because you may have an opportunity for betrayal.  If you can eliminate the competition, great, but if it costs Soren valuable resources, expect to be informed of his displeasure.  There's a certain amount of backstabbing inherent in this sort of game, but for the sake of universal enjoyment and group unity, let's save it for dramatically appropriate times only.

Aside from that, everything is fair game.
Here you go

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
--Carl Sagan

Dingo

Oooh, damn, this sounds nice.

A really great chance to pull my evil twisted side out of the closet again.

A fallen Jedi please. The character will have fallen because he (or she) wanted more power and more speed in her training.

Jeramiahh

Ooh, I've always wanted to run a SW game set in the Old Republic, but I don't have any books to handle that, and I'm too cheap to shell out for a game I'd never play otherwise. =P But I'd definitely be up for playing in a freeform game there... now, what to make?

*ponders a female Twi'lek Force-sensitive without any training, but a lot of ambition...*
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Unnatural Selection

Well, part of the beauty of that particular era is that most of it isn't covered by official LucasFilm product; one is more or less free to make up anything they're inclined to do.  I chose that era so that I could add a spirit of competition among the group to get the coveted role of the Sith apprentice.  Unfortunately, the interest doesn't seem as high as I'd like.  I'd need at least two more players before I'd get things going.
Here you go

--Carl Sagan

Eymber

I'm playing a Star Wars RP right now on another RP site that I go to, and would love to bring Lynna to this one as well... I would be able to use the same base character, yet allow her to develop in a completely different way.   I'm game.  :D Let me know!

Unnatural Selection

Well, this would actually make three.  Hmmm....tell you what.  Why don't we go with it?
Here you go

--Carl Sagan

Sherona

the base of the game is appealling I just have no..knowledge of spacy theme of things such as start trek, star wars, galactica ect ect :)