Fable - One Year Later

Started by Primarch, November 14, 2010, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Fable - One Year Later

I'm interested in starting a game set after the events of Fable 3, a year later to be precise. The idea is to play it like the second part of Fable, where the players rule the country and make decisions that will have various results. I'd like to start it with the assumption that the King/Queen ruled benevolently and saved more then were lost in the Crawler's attack.

Since the Crawler was killed, the latent power in various people around Albion has been awoken, Heroes have returned! These Heroes will be the players, and they operate as the King/Queen's council, representing their home town (As Heroes always seem to be The Hero of *insert place name here*). Not only will I be coming up with problems for the players to deal with, but I encourage the other players involved to send me idea's, hopefully this will provide idea's that I might not think of, and shall keep things fresh and interesting!

A few Hero possibilities ~ Feel free to suggest unmentioned ones:
The King/Queen of Albion:
The Hero of Aurora: Akara ~ LimitlessNikkie
The Hero of Bloodstone: Gideon ~ Primarch
The Hero of Bowerstone Industrial: Brand Grimr ~ Wheresmycow
The Hero of Bowerstone Old Quarter: Havien Wix ~ Vengurd
The Hero of Brightwall:
The Hero of Driftwood: Ravus Wolfbane ~ Grimmwolf
The Hero of Knothole Island:
The Hero of Millfields: Vincent Laroque ~ Ironwolf85
The Hero of Mistpeak: Aryia ~ Kate
The Hero of Mourningwood: Storm Petal ~ DigitLninja
The Hero of Silverpines: Dralen ~ Dracoat

~Character Creation~

Name:
Appearance:

For the following, distribute 8 points to frame your characters abilities
Strength: Your physical strength, 0 is normal person, 5 is Mighty as Might can be!
Stature: Hero's often tower above the common person, 0 is normal size, 5 is grander then any mortal
Magic Aura: Arcane tattoo's that appear when magic is in use, the brighter the glow the more experienced in magic the user 0 is normal human, 5 is an Avatar of Magic!

~Distribute 9 points among Melee, Ranged & Magic skill to frame character abilities~
Melee Weapon: While fable 3 only offered swords & hammers, feel free to choose anything appropriate. In game items are perfectly eligible
Melee Skill: 0 is inexperienced, 6 is master of close combat
Ranged Weapon:
As with Melee weapon, choose anything appropriate or an in game item[/i]
Ranged Skill: 0 is inexperienced, 6 is perfect aim[/i]
Magic Spells: Pick 3 individual Spells, plus one Spell Weave combo. Spells from any game eligible. Physical Spells, Attack Spells, Surround Spells
Magic Skill: 0 is inexperienced, 6 is Avatar of magic!

And the code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hero of:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Stature:[/b]
[b]Magic Aura:[/b]

[b]Melee Weapon:[/b]
[b]Melee Skill:[/b]
[b]Ranged Weapon:[/b]
[b]Ranged Skill:[/b]
[b]Magic Spells:[/b]
[b]Magic Skill:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Ironwolf85

Name: Vincent Laroque
Hero of: Millfields
Appearance:
Strength: 3
Stature:3
Magic Aura:2
Melee Weapon: blade of the stormking (heavy saber, electric attribute)
Melee Skill:4
Ranged Weapon: Hero pistol (evolving weapon, in this case has a blunderbuss barrel)
Ranged Skill: 3
Magic Spells: Cyclone, Lightning, Blades perfering to use cyclone and lightning to create electric windstorms sending electrocouted foes through the air
Magic Skill: 2
Personality: intelligent, suave, or at least acting it. but enjoys questing, and has begun to invest in properity around the ingdom. he's often jaded and cynical, reaver does that to people.
History: Victor is the son of nobility, his life changed dramaticly when Reaver bought their lands and put them out on the streets. He spent his teens as a powderrunner for the resistance, moving shot and powder in small quantities, the overthrow of logan was the first time he acted heroic. He threw himself into the fray and gave others time to withdraw and attack elsewhere.
of course the Royal guard beat him down and threw him in the dungeon, not that it lasted long with the new king on the throne.
Since his release he enlisted with the king's army when the crawler attacked, again fighting heroicly in the mistpeak mountians, he also happened to find the Mace of the Stormking while in mistpeak. Now with peace, he's been turned loose in albion, he still hates reaver, but the industrialist has gone underground.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Primarch

Sweet. I'm not sure if it was clear in the opening description but the spell components for the spellweave don't have to be individual spells you also have. I was just trying to allow for a little creativity and variety there. Since I'm not exactly denying characters here <.< I'll probably put one in myself later, tomorrow anyway.

Ironwolf85

well this being me I had plans for a furry character, but I don't want a furry themed world or nuthun, and I'm sure you don't want one either
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Primarch

I'm not sure how much a furry character would fit in a Fable game. Its not like a D&D world with a lot of races running around, the only race with an actual society is the humans. Then there's a handful of largely unintelligent little things running around, Hobbes and the sort.

Ironwolf85

actually I came up with that.
I had the image of reaver in a far away land, picking up souvineers, there's a few slaves for sale looking at one pale skinned northerner and then to a wizard and saying "make it more exotic and we have a deal"
mainly the idea of someone "that once was human"

Primarch

I don't know if "a wizard did it" is going to pull it off in this instance. We've seen will/magic do a few things in the Fable universe, but I can't recall anything like that. I hate to say no to someone's thing, I know you love your furry characters, but I just don't see it fitting the game.

Ironwolf85

I expected not to, however I have an alternate character dreampt up, I needed to know who to use primarch

Primarch

Well that's cool. I was hoping you wouldn't step out of the game. I just really don't see a furry fitting in. Even if a wizard did do it, this is a country based on Industrial England, he'd be chased out by pitchfork, musket and torch in no time. XD

Ironwolf85

exactly
is why I asked, oh and PS I edited it

LimitlessNikkie

Name: Akara
Hero of: Aurora
Appearance: 

referance
Strength:4
Stature:0
Magic Aura:4
Melee Weapon: A scimitar style sword
Melee Skill:5
Ranged Weapon:  N/A
Ranged Skill: 0
Magic Spells: Slow Time, Force Push, Multi Strike.
Magic Skill:4
Personality: Focused during battle or times when her life hangs in the balances but the rest of the time is sort of flighty, and easily distracted. She's friendly and charming to almost everyone she meets choosing to judge someone  by what she perceives rather then the crowds judgement. She had a bit of an ego, and doesn't care for people who rely on ranged weapons finding it a bit...lacking.
History:Akara was one of the few to live threw the attack on Aurora. Her birth statue meant nothing after the death of most of her people. During the time of fear she trained with the worriers and helped in the temple when needed. The return of her dear city back to prosperity was one of the best days for her. She and the small group of warriors trained others in earnest to defend the city and she worked hardest of all the driving need to excell pushing her further then most.
When the hero's powers surfaced in her the city celebrated. Many said there were unsurprised the driven girl had it in her. She was soon sent to the capital as the representative of the Aurorain people.
One year later:Akara has grown up a great deal no longer flighty but focused and serious much of her good humor vanquished by too many deaths surrounding her as she watched dear friends lives taken far too soon. She is still loyal to the king though her people follow her not a king having taken to calling her the Desert Flower, the princess of the desert. She is no longer a blind follower her maturity and the weight of knowing how much her people believe in her making her much more thoughtful. Her opinions and actions effected many rippling out far beyond her reaches and she'd grown a great respect for that fact. Everything her king has given her in reward has gone to Aurora to help her people. They are now know as great horse breeders trading far past the borders of the kings kingdom.
Akara has stayed close with the few friends she made among the other heros but has been kept very busy and those friendships have suffered for it though with the calm of peace she hopes to renew old friendships and make new alliances among the heros to create new trade and good relationships between her far flung Aurora and the other colonies.

Dracoat

Name: Dralen
Hero of: Silverpines
Appearance:

Details: Numerous scars from Balverines crisscross his body. He has Yellow tattoos in the Swirlwing style all over. http://www.game.com.au/images/Screenshots/fable3controllerBonus.jpg
Strength: 2
Stature: 1
Magic Aura: 5

Melee Weapon: WolfsBane
Melee Skill: 3
Ranged Weapon: Flintlock Pistol
Magic Spells: Vortex, Ice Storm, Blades (Fable 2 Version)
Weave Combo: Vortex and Ice Storm
Magic Skill: 6

Personality: He is always watchful due to the area he lives in. Always quick to react to anything to the point of instinctively lashing out to anything unseen sometimes. Needless to say he has gotten into trouble numerous times. As a result, he tries to stay away from the general populace, although the people of Silverpine trust him with their lives. He is usually the loner who drinks alone at a tavern, this is by choice, he is in no way a anti-social. In fact he enjoys conversation!

History: Growing up in the mysterious Silverpines can be a lot to deal with. You mature faster due to the fact that if the lanterns go out you die. You make a small mistake during an emergency, you die. You play out in the open, you die. If you don't die, you become the enemy. So understandably, when he grew up he wanted to leave. He set out at 17 to the town of Brightwall. On his journey he met a seer. She mentioned something of his latent power and whatnot, but thinking it was some old lady's ranting he continued to Brightwall. He lived there until the horror of the shadows engulfed the land. Many people died, but during the attack he came into his power. As the shadow tried to overcome him, he shot out blades that fought the evil away. He had so much power boiled up inside that the blades formed an army by themselves!
He survived the encounter and fought the shadow afar. His hero within was calling. One day he found a seal. With this he visited an old ruin. An old sign read :He o s Gui d. He journeyed into  the ruin and came across a glowing orb and when he touched it, his magic ability came into full power along with new spells. After he understood what had happened, he journeyed back to Silverpines. Determined to help his people. Along his travels he came across the legendary sword Wolfsbane, reported to have been used to slay the first great white balverine! He has been there ever since, always fighting the beasts.

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Primarch

Welcome to the party you two! Those characters be lookin' fine.

Although I'd like to point out again, you don't need the spellweave spells as individual spells as well. You of course can take them if you want them individually as well as in a combo.

Dracoat

Well, I like the individual effects too. Just blowing someone around without freezing them has its uses, lol

O/Os

Primarch

Vengurd

As a fellow fan of the Fable series, I would like to point out that there is a book for Fable titled "Falbe: The Balverine Order" It is a very good read and expands on the world of Albion quite nicely, showing that the Kingdom is a place where Heros, Balverines, and other mythical creatures are quickly becoming myths themselves, Industry and invention driving them away.

There are in fact Heros in the world, other Hero's Guild buildings laying in ruins from the time when the people rose up against the heros. The point I want to make though is I believe it would be possible for a wizard to have turned someone from being human, as most wizards in the world are really just untrained heros.

-shrugs- Not trying to say anyone is right or wrong, just hoping to help inform a bit, and now to the process of creation!

Name: Havien Wix
Hero of: Bowerstone Old Quarter.
Appearance:

Strength: 4
Stature: 2
Magic Aura: 2

Melee Weapon: Short Sword -Steel.
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Weapon: RIfle/Musket with Bayonet (Previous king's Elite soldiers as example, I forget his name)
Ranged Skill: 3
Magic Spells: Force Push, FireBall, Lightning (Fable 1)

Personality: Havien has the mannerisms of a casual, carefree young man who in reality had to mature and set out on his own at an early age, making it for himself. A generally well intontentioned person, Havien shows respect when he believes is nessecary, and takes the time to listen to someone when in a conversation. Within this light exterior, Havien is darker, calculating and considering, always on the look out for that bloody knife in his back. He has been through enough to make anyone paranoid, and in this case he paranoia pays off as he has had to fend off several attempts on his life.

When in a fight Havien has no real form but is a practiced swords-man who usually sticks to swings, only striking forward if he believes he can take the chance and come out alive. When using his rifle, picked up after fighting the darkness, Havien likes to take some time to aim, if his foe gets too close he focuses on defending himself with the bayonet, using the rifle as a staff instead of trying to grab for his sword. When using his will to fight, Havien is more practiced but less skilled, generally focusing on damaging or killing the foes closest to him, not worrieing about the next ones to come at him.

When dealing with more moralistic circumstances, Havien usually chooses the good or indiferent path, keeping the rent low on a building, his prices at shops usually staying where they were before unless they were too high.

History: Born in the slums of Old Bowerstone, Havien was the second oldest of eleven children, all from the same parents. Growing up in Bowerstone was difficult for the family, barely able to afford their cramped excuse for a home during a time when Reaver industries was using child labor.
Old enough to work, Havien would often visit the Market district, earning some pay by doing odd jobs, anything to keep himself out of the factories and in a more durable environment. His older sister by three years, managed to get something of a job working in one of Bowerstone's less than stellar beutique shop's.
Most of the younger children tried to follow Havien and his sister's example or go their own way, so long as it kept them from the factories.
Havien wasn't satisfied with running errands for small pay and had a with weapons, something his parents didn't know about and his older sister disapproving of. Telling anyone he could find he was good with either stick of club, even knew how to hold a sword, he would offer himself off as a strong arm.
Little did he know this would soon put him on the path of a criminal, as a local crime ring took interest in him as soon as he made the attempt to get more, they would approach him one day and trick him into commiting a crime, after which they blackmailed him into working for them.
Life as a criminal wasn't fun but Havien bore with it for several years before he grew tired of the constant threat of being ratted out, and the constant bullieing. Finally he broke off all ties with his family, took some small revenge on the criminal ring by killing three members, each of middling status, and selling off their posecions, keeping what gold they had for himself and leaving Bowerstone, striking out on his own via the old sewer systems, arriving in Mourning wood, a dump and graveyard. He would stay in the are for the next few years, travelling out from the safety of the mourning wood eco-fighters to fight the undead, quickly aquiring a taste for the slaughter of undead spirits.

Catching sick, Havien missed the Hero King/Queen's passage through the Mourning wood from beyond the graveyard. Interested, Havien travelled as far as he could when well enough to travel, finding an old fort, undead around, signs of recent activity and the marks of battle, Havien investigated, killing the few undead left.

This is where he decided to make his new home, he put his claim on the spot, found a sign just outside declairing it up for sale and astonished at the price, Havien decided he had to return to the city and pay his old crime buddies a visit, the last time he was there the crime load was bragging about having much more than this locked away somewhere.

Getting back to Mourningwood, then the old quarter of Bowerstone was easy enough, working his way into the criminal headquarters of a man named Uriel was a bit difficult, but being a previous member helped him tremendously in gaining entrance, killing the few who recognized him with little difficulty. Finding the stash was easy, taking it out prooved to be more difficult than he had thought. Hiring members of Uriel's own ring felt something of ironic justice as he lead the less loyal members to the owner of the fort and offered the man all the money they had brought. It turns out that Uriel had been lieing, having only half of the desired pay. Upset but not put off by this discovery, Havien managed to convince the man to take what he had as a partial payment, the rest would soon be his soon.

Taking the men still in his pay to a nearby abandoned building, Havien setup a plan, forming his own criminal ring that would huslte on Uriel's territory, the little bit of money Havien making went towards buying several buildings, each with tenants within. Feeling bad for the poor families living in the buildings and knowing the pain of poverty, Havien lowered the rent to as low as he possibly could, making himself considerably more popular with the locals, even though he was running a criminal ring, which he kept as involved with as possible yet hardly going out to do the work himself. He could barely stomach leading these men, he didn't think he could take actually working his old job again.
A year went by, Havien having purchased much of the old quarter and pushed Uriel's gang to the limit, he was shocked when the city became misty and black, a battle ensued, leading to the deaths of Uriel and his men, most of Havien's own criminals as well, the majority of the few survivors being more reliable and having given loyalty to him, not his money.
He himself had fought desperately and was shocked, when his sword, a cheap thing, was knocked out of his hand. In desperation, Havien threw out his hand and closed his eyes, willing the creature away. Hearing a strange noise but not feeling anything, Having opened his eyes and saw the creature hitting a wall, looking around himself, Havien saw no one who could have helped him. Looking at the creature in dewilderment, Havien reached out his hand and willed another creature away, again the strange noise, a strange ripple in the air slamming into the creature, sending it back.
A smile curled his dirty, wet lips as he learned how to fight in a whole new way.
Havien had faced nightmares made real and had come out of it alive.

This put a new view on Havien as he decided to abandon his goal of buying the old deserted fort in Mourningwood. He would stay in the old district, helping to rebuild what he could of it by turning his criminal ring into a sort of protection agency, providing safety and security for the people within Old Bowerstone. The people called him a Hero, in the sense that he had become their savior.

A Blind Seeress would visit him one day after an hour of clearing out an old attic and discovering a strange object. The Seeress would explain to him that it was a Guild Seal and that he was to be a Hero. This event left havien puzzled and left him deep in thought for days. His makeshift, once criminal organization was widely popular in the Old Quarter though was nothing official, meaning that the pay for anyone who wanted to help had to come from his own pocket. He was only too happy to have lost the less reliable members who were strickly criminal as they had taken more than they were worth.

Visiting the man who owned the Mourningwood fort Havien, accompanied by four of his men, requested his money back. The man, who lived in the Market district, could only agree and give it back or call the guards and lose his life to Havien before help could arrive.

With his substantial wealth returned to him, Havien visited the best smithy in Bowerstone, buying himself a Steel sword, ideal for fighting. Satisfied, Havien returned to the Old distrct, where he now resides.

sinoraa

Name: Leiana
Hero of: Knothole Island
Appearance:

Strength: 5
Stature: 0
Magic Aura: 3

Melee Weapon: Silver Katana
Melee Skill: 6
Ranged Weapon: None (never found myself using a bow, in the game)
Magic Spells: Assassin Rush, Multi Strike, Berserk
Spell weave  Force Push/Physical Shield
Magic Skill: 3

History: Knothole, has a reputation, for its hardy people. For countless generations, they were plagued with Balverine attacks, and bandit raids, not to mention what lurked in the woods, would anyone to feel adventurous. But somehow, the people of Knothole managed to survive, and became all the more stronger for it, proven by the fact, they are still the unrivaled elite's, in the Fist Fighters Gang. Though sense the people moved to their new home, they call Knothole Island, things have calmed down. Danger is still lurking around every corner, as indeed it does, in all of Albion. As the chieftain's daughter, much was expected from Leiana. She was expected to be able to fight, and defend herself, and soon enough, the rest of the people of Knothole. In her early teens, she began to show potential for magic, although she never tried to excel in it. Her magic would often come out in wild bursts of rage. When she striked someone, a sudden power would come behind her fist, or blade, and whoever stood in the way of the blow, would be instantly annihilated. When the heat of battle was on her, she would suddenly start to move, at a speed seeming inhuman, and people could swear, they could see the girl's muscles grow before them. Years later, Leiana is now a woman, Champion of the Fist Fighters Gang, and winner of the Arena, without taking a single break. But now Leiana desire change, she wish to see the outside world. She has won in the arena, far to many times for it to pose a challenge, the Balverine population, has been greatly decreased, and Leiana have not had a man willing to fight her, for many months now, and even then, he barely lasted twenty seconds.

Personality: Leiana is a simple, honorable individual. She has no desire for power, or great riches, but only enough to get her by, and enjoy life, so she spends her gold freely. And while she will often stick up for those who are weak, and remain that classic image of a great hero, her wrath, can still be great. In knothole, no man would dare court her, after a drunk man pushed his luck, and ended up without an arm, and three broken ribs, which she still to this day refuse to apologize for, calling it. "A lesson in humidity."

Primarch

Looks cool, although the personality section appears to be missing. :P

Primarch

Name: Gideon
Hero of: Bloodstone
Appearance:

Strength: 5
Stature: 2
Magic Aura: 1

Melee Weapon: Faerie Hammer of the Moon King
Melee Skill: 6

Ranged Weapon: Holy Vengeance 
Ranged Skill: 1

Magic Spells: Assassin Rush, Heal Life, Divine Fury, Spell weave (Berserk + Slow time)

Personality: Although life in Bloodstone has given him bit of a rough edge, Gideon has a good heart at his core. When he first came into his abilities as a hero he intended to use them for self gain, but couldn't ignore the poverty and suffering all around him and started a steady line towards being a true hero. He is confident almost to a fault, and although almost always seen with his hammer, when making use of his spellwoven will power, he often resorts to a bare knuckle/wrestling form of combat when he feels there is no real threat to his life. When not caving in Hallowmen head or representing Bloodstone, he can often be seen mingling with the common person in the taverns of Bowerstone.

History: Born and raised in Bloodstone, Gideon knew that if you wanted something in life you had to work hard for it and take it from someone else. His father was a sailor on a merchants ship and spent long periods away from the family. His mother, while good at heart was exhausted by life in Bloodstone, her nerves constantly at their end. Gideon in his early teens took up a job as a Blacksmiths apprentice, helping out the family with some small gold. That ended up being his career for his entire teen life and for the most part his adult life, albeit he progressed to a full on Blacksmith eventually. In his later teens he made money by taking part in irregular bare knuckle boxing matches in the back alleys. Well they were called Bare Knuckle fights, but the rules were so loose they were really general down and dirty brawls. He never got any formal training, but he learned how to take a punch, how to punch back harder...and how to thrown someone down hard or poke them in the eye.

His life was rather profitable as far as a Bloodstone family went. He was ultimately not satisfied however. His life changed nine months ago when he was travelling to Bowerstone to deliver a sword he had crafted that had been bought by a store in the town. After dropping it off he was examining their stock, looking upon a particular hammer. It was one he had heard of many times. The Faerie Hammer of the Moon King. He took up the weapon, to examine its weight if nothing more. In that moment his destiny was awoken, it was an explosion of light, his body crackled with power, then it became a part of him. He put the weapon back, in front of several rather shocked people, and returned to Bloodstone. He quickly rose in prominence in his hometown, he was suddenly unbeatable in the bare knuckle fights. When Hollowmen attacked the town, he single handedly slew them all, when a runner arrived in town looking for someone to help as traveling merchants were being attacked by more of the undead. Gideon ran to give in, and saved them all.

When the Hero traveled to Bowerstone to represent Bloodstone and give his aid to the monarch he was greeted by the owner of the weapons shop that had held the Hammer, he presented it as a gift to the warrior. His son had been one of the traveling merchants he saved. Now armed with the Faerie Hammer of the Moon King and with enough coin to buy himself a Highland Kilt and Elegant shirt he entered Bowerstone Castle. He has been an aid to the monarch and representative of Bloodstone ever since.

Primarch

Well we have six people already, so we probably have enough to start soon. I have an idea or two for a starting problem to solve, something simple enough, but if anyone wants to PM me with other problems that could be brought up, it would be pleasant to have a well of ideas to draw from.

Wheresmycow

Just wanted to check if there was still some room.  If so, I was thinking of playing a hero from Mourningwood, making a range type of character since there isn't a hard core one so far.  Question though: is there an equivalent to multi-arrow for guns?
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

sinoraa

Usually the notion is, that bullets can't be affected by magic, in that way an arrow is, as you actually don't physical contact with bullets, unlike aiming a arrow with a bow. But what goes in this story, is not my place to say

Primarch

Indeed, I don't think there has been a magic spell to affect guns, although I know at least one in Fable 3 can be upgraded to shoot with a shotgun blast or something, I think its the Holy Vengeance in fact. That could be an option. I know I have it listed as my gun but I just like the name. :P

Kate

Name: Aryia
Title: The Hero of Mistpeak
strength: 0
statue 3
magic aura: 5

Melee Skill: 2
Magic Spells: Mastered spells: physical shield, slow time, turncoat (She also has some non-mastered spells like heal self and heal others) Although mistpeak is renown for changing bodies it is a ritualistic spell that can only be done in a stone-circle in mistpeak (ie she can't cast such a thing herself personally).

Stuff

Silver Steel Dagger

3 x assorted Waterksins

History:

Aryia is a Hero of Mistpeak to some but not really in a way most would consider. Her main strength is that of luck concerning gambling and also profits from a small but successful fleet of merchant ships she had managed to own.  Profits from which she used to remove corruption by simply bribing the right person or paying for them to go elsewhere. As far as protection goes, you would be surprised with what money can buy, having a few eyes and ears paid to inform you of things occurring and giving warning - makeshift spies and the likes is a sure way to be prepared,
and when caught off guard ? Slowing time is remarkably useful when you feel like high tailing it.

Still there are deeds needed to be done when one needs to get their hands dirty, however paying for others to do deeds FOR you in her books is far better than doing it herself. Many of contracts other heros have taken and been rewarded for were in fact, unknown to them ones Aryia herself placed the reward for.

Personality

Times others spend adventuring and being true hero's were instead used to master witchery as best she could, something she can not stop hungering for. The suggestion of an unknown spell or ancient item of unknown power is about as effective at getting her attention as a knife to her throat would.

Aryia's extremely vain and probably the most perverted soul to roam the world.

Witchery she specializes in is not to be powerful on any battlefield but to change the bodies of herself or others into pleasurable or perverted forms. 

Those visiting Mistpeak now would notice that buildings are considerably more ornate but in the same breath more than the occasional person or otherwise roaming about with multiple set of sexual organs or the likes.

She has plans to make utopia for those who share crude thoughts of sexuality and delight in variation beyond what nature intended.

Primarch

Well, starting thread will be up tonight!

Dracoat

O/Os

DigitLninja

Name: Storm Petal
Hero of: Mourning Wood Town

Strength: 4
Magic Aura: 3

Melee Weapon: (As seen above) Twins of the Sky. Said to hold the power of the Sun and the Moon / the Day and the Night
Melee Skill: 5
Ranged Weapon: Crowd Control Field Rifle
Magic Spells: Ghost Swords (Max = 4), Woven Ice Vortex

Personality / History:
Storm Petal (originally known as Petal Storm before he had it legally changed) was raised as a flower child of Mourning Wood Village. He enjoyed life eating vegetation and learning the ideas that truth and love can save the world. Then he escaped the village for a few days and discovered the real world. He learned of the powers of a true hero and what people where capable of... as well as gaining an appreciation for the taste of meat.

During the year that the darkness was said to be rising up to destroy the kingdom Storm was training himself both physically and financially until he finally was able to start rebuilding the small village into an actual town with some protection against the many Hollow Men that lived within the swamp. After the king's triumphant victory against the Crawler, Storm's hero ability's emerged and he found he was skilled with a blade, stronger than ever before, with magical ability and everything else a hero should have. As construction of Mourning Wood Town began Storm bid his family and friends farewell as he left to gain more knowledge of the world.

Storm's miraculous return a year later came as a surprise to everyone as he was now wearing clothing of a people that no longer existed and carrying a powerful weapon endowed with magic. The small town was happy to have it's hero back and before long he was chosen to become the mayor / representative to the king. Only too happy to accept Storm became a fine leader of his village... though people still question his choice to build a Whore House in the town and set it as the main attraction. When asked about it he always responds: "Love is a beautiful thing."
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Vengurd

Woo! Looks like this'll be a pretty active one. Looking forward to getting started as this will be my first true attempt at Rping Fable.

Heads up- I am currently using a computer with a poor connection and so am limited to certain time blocks, usually mornings and nights, I should be back on a more regular connection at weeks end give or take a day or so.

Wheresmycow

Eh, my character can live without the spell.  I'll just think up something else.

Name: Brand Grimr
Hero of: Bowerstone Industrial
Appearance:Tall, dark and handsome, Brand's angular features add a slight sinister touch to his appearance.  Despite his military service, or in spite of, he wears his dark brown hair at shoulder length and tied back in a fashionable pony tail.  Brand still retains his uniform: a red coat with black shoulder pads over a tan waistcoat, white shirt and trousers, brown leather marching boots and black leather gloves.  The coat is usually left unbuttoned and with the recent acquisition of a tricorne pirate hat, gives Brand a rather daring look.
Strength: 0
Stature: 4
Magic Aura: 4

Melee Weapon: Master dagger
Melee Skill: 0
Ranged Weapon: The Sandgoose rifle
Ranged Skill: 6
Magic Spells: Assassin Rush, Heal Life, Slow Time.  Spell Weave: Inferno (F2) + Force Push (F2)

Personality: Unlike his namesake, Brand Grimr is a fairly jovial person, enjoying a good laugh and moments of celebration.  Sarcastic and cunning, he enjoys poking fun at others, prodding their various faults and weaknesses.  This enjoyment doesn't blind him to his own vulnerabilities and attempts to return fire will only garner a smile and a nod.  Brand does not believe in fair fights or honourable battles and will happily use every dirty trick in the book, and some not even in it, to seek advantage and victory.  Despite his large amount of character flaws, Brand fights for the better interest of Albion and is rarely concerned about his own advancement and gain.

History: Growing up in Bowerstone Industrial, Brand barely scraped together a living.  Faced with a future of toiling away in a factory, Brand sought out a way to leave behind the poor life and grasp onto something greater.  Turning to thieving, Brand had a successful run of for a couple of years before being caught by some soldiers and their Major.  Seeing some potential in the young boy, the Major decided to enlist Brand into the regiment, falsifying some papers to do so.  And so Brand joined the Swift Brigade.

Despite the difficulties of military life, Brand managed to see the inherent potential in being part of the Guard.  Immersing himself in his training, Brand soon grew skilled in the use of firearms, becoming one of the best marksman in the regiment.  He also learned about duty, and working for the benefit of others.  Unfortunately, lessons about honour fell flat, but Brand's basic decency was acceptable enough.  In the end, Brand enjoyed himself and was happy to continue living life as a soldier.

Of course, the revolution changed things.  Losing Major Swift was a blow, as Brand lost his only teacher and guide.  The devastation of the Crawler attack following the revolution was another huge blow and life altering event, namely making Brand realize his potential and becoming a Hero.  With no guide left to him, Brand took heart in the lessons he learned from Major Swift and moved back to Bowerstone Industrial, fighting to improve the lot of the citizens.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Primarch

DigitLninja, I'm not sure precisely what you have in mind for swords that have "the power of the sun and the moon" but the character in general looks like he should be toned down. Your Magical Swords spell looks like an upgraded version of Ghost Sword, which I'd prefer you to stick too then creating something new. While I don't mind dual wielding swords, I'd prefer something more appropriate for the ranged weapon.

Brand looks fine.

DigitLninja

Yes Magical Swords is Ghost swords... I haven't played the original in a long time so I forgot the name. ^^;

As for the power of the sun and moon, for now it's just a legend behind how the blades where forged, nothing more than that unless you have some ideas for it.

I can change the ranged weapon, and technically it's only one sword not two. One blade at the top, a long hilt and another blade at the bottom.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Primarch

Alright, anyway. Where do you people want it to be set up? Board-wise?

I'll get it up tonight if I can, if not do forgive me. I was in college far later then expected and I'm rather exhausted.

DigitLninja

I suggest extreme just so everything is covered.
Quotes to Live by:

Ironwolf85

well it should be under Concentual, i don't think these characters are rapists. also I edited Victor...
kinda ex soldier feel to him. he's a serious quester

Wheresmycow

Finished with Brand's appearance.

As for board suggestions, I'd say maybe like Bondage or something?  Honestly, anything that would require the Extreme board would more than likely squick me out.  I'm not into Bondage or NC stuff, but I can handle it a lot better.  And I'm kind of curious as to what sexual elements we'd be piling into this RP, given that it looks more adventure focused.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ironwolf85

erotic fantasy most likely... not stupid stuff, but heroes are known in fable for being verile... in fact if there's no condom usually they wind up with kids once their married, always on the first try

Wheresmycow

Fair enough.  Really, I'm only interested in the adventuring and questing side of this game BUT, and it's a big one, I am willing to accommodate for the enjoyment of others.  So long as I'm not squicked out, I don't have a problem going with the flow of things.

And yea, virility is often a common trait of heroes.  Probably because of human ideal and all that.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Kate

Well my character was keen on experimenting on her subjects and the occasional mythical creature that wonders by
in attempts to create body changes in them which reflect their perverse desires.

Not sure how yet I have maxed out my spell stuff - happy to have abilities removed to know the spell - or heard rumour of a spell or object that does so - and want to quest for it. which is more extreme than light stuff

DigitLninja

yes and if my Hero has a Whore House to run than it's going to be catering to the fetishes of the people, so at the very least bondage is required.
Quotes to Live by:

Vengurd

I'd agree with Erotic Fantasy, I think I'd end up missing if we went to extreme. I'd rather ease my way into that area if you know what I mean.

What sucks is if you don't pay attention to the wife/husband (f2) they leave you within a half hour, or so is my experience with the game. I haven't had a chance to try the married life in f3 yet. How is that?

Kate

I guess my town could be in a extreme thread - that branches from the main story line ?
So for those not really interested in reading it / think it may detract from the feel of it - they dont have to it will not interupt the core thread - at most be alluded to thats all.

Vengurd

I will be honest Kate: I saw nothing extreme, just very erotic. It's somewhere along those lines for me anyway.

DigitLninja

well if she's getting into great detail of injecting a Balverien with something that makes his member super huge for her to enjoy... or transform into some kind of penis monster it could be considered extreme...
Quotes to Live by:

Kate

i think on the safe side i may write up my little hang out - place it in the extreme thread as a precaution.

(It will be more quirky than powerful)

Some can visit some may not want to but it doesnt stop me wondering around doing adventure stuff in other places though

Vengurd

DigitLninja

^_^ my imagination is still very active despite reality's grip... but then again so is most peoples on this website.
Quotes to Live by:

Kate

Dracoat

Quote from: Vengurd on November 17, 2010, 07:53:53 AM
I'd agree with Erotic Fantasy, I think I'd end up missing if we went to extreme. I'd rather ease my way into that area if you know what I mean.

What sucks is if you don't pay attention to the wife/husband (f2) they leave you within a half hour, or so is my experience with the game. I haven't had a chance to try the married life in f3 yet. How is that?

Well it ranges between they are either gonna not care or are just annoying about giving you gifts. Then if you don't get an STD right away, then your not gonna have a kid unless you screw like a gajillion times. Could be the opposite though. Everyone you touch seems to impregnate! It's really very confusing...

O/Os

Vengurd

Okay Kate, I have looked over Mistpeak and...Well last I checked Mistpeak was part of the Kingdom so having it's own military would be...making a statement to the king/queen. A Militia, however, would be better suited for the job, as the Kings/queen's army would already have a small detachment stationed there; to keep order and to represent the King/queen's authority, otherwise it all looks good on that front.

When you call your Will users 'magicians' I can't help but to think of those funny little guys pulling bunnies from their hats, but thats just the mental relation, the terminology is fine, though I think wizard or mage would fit just as nicely.

I like the Fauna/flora, though why only change the reproductive organs of the males for comedic effect?

Could you run through Mistpeak and fix the spelling errors? About halfway through I realized you were talking about the individual villagers, not cutting Mistpeak into a bunch of different little places.

I dont say any of this to be picky or offensive, I just got on and a bit of my old duty as a profile reviewer hit me pretty good. That and I wanted to prove I read your work. Overall I like it.

I didn't know if I should have said any of this there or here of via PM so I did it here.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Vengurd on November 17, 2010, 07:53:53 AM

actually their more understanding if you marry the right person in fable 3, set the upkeep high, drop by and bang your wife sometimes, and if you got a kid, bring em a souvineer now and then. and make sure your house stays in good repair.
in extange the family will give you rare and expensive items when they're happy.
my king's wife died somehow, and the kid got sent to the orphanage, so I went to the orphanage picked him up (cuz he's a good kid, and will be a good king someday.) now the nanny looks after him and his majesty's been bedding her when the whim strikes him.

as for Mistpeak, they are part of the kingdom but value their independance, The Dwellers who live there actually have their own "hillbilly court" because they're so remote that they mostly govern and protect themselves. They have a perticular hatred of Reaver Industries because reaver drove their grandfathers out of the bower lake gypsy camp.

Also their leader Sabine is a rough and tumble old man, and his bodyguard Boldur provides the muscle to back up sabine's cunning. the dewllers helped the current king attain the throne after the previous king took away their lands, with their lands returned they now stand as a crown protectorite instead of part of the actual kingdom. They have a seasoned millita to protect themselves, but nothing as organized or as well equipped as a standing military.

Vengurd

I suppose I should make it clear I have played and beat the game?

I already know most of this, but since she decided to change it 'round, I figured I'd throw in some 'helpful tools' Wasn't trying to say this is how htings should be.

Thank you for explaining the marriage system for me, and nice work with the kid. ;P

Ironwolf85

kay.. I thought I'd include a monster roster for those less fable- knowlageable among you or those who haven't played Fable 3 yet here are some of the major enemy types.

Mercenaries: Bandits have been all but eliminated by the albion military machine, instead Mercenaries have risen to take their place. Professional former soldiers for hire they might freelance and attack travelers, or be bought to fight by a wealthy patron. Mercs stand togeather under the flag of a bloody eagle used to identify deserters. For all their brutality and savagery they are still soldiers, and still have a basic military code they live by, it's why they don't kill children for example. they have access to military hardware such as cannon and grenades. Some mercs have heroic blood, and are therefore bigger, stronger, and can wield basic magics.

Hobbes: disgusting brutish goblin/gremlin like creatures. in reality they started as orphaned children that gave their souls to Dark nymphs in extange for being able to play forever. the Dark Nymphs might be mostly dead and gone, but the hobbes survive, turning lost children into more of themselves, and harassing adults violently. cross goblins, lord of the flies, and peter pan and you have hobbes. oh and FYI, hobbes main source of food is adult humans. with all the child labor, and orphaned children in bowerstone (before then new king stopped it all) the hob population has exploded! especally in the sewers of Industiral

Balverines: simmilar to werewolves, born from the infected survivors of The Balverlorn in anchent days (it's dead now... heroes killed it) most are feral brutes that exist only to slaughter, kill, and eat humans. Those who survive become Balverines themselves. in recent decades industrialization has pushed them to the brink, and into myth.
Many remained among the nobility hiding their secret, but when the future King faced them at Reaver's party, he dragged their secret out, beat the tar out of them, and sent them scattering into the surrounding countryside. Balverines have again become a problem in the forested and wooded areas of the world especally Silverpines where most of them fled.

most balverines are mindless brutes, but those bitten during a full moon become White balverines, retaining their intelligence even if they are corrupted by the blood in their veins. they are the natural leaders of the pack, and very dangerious.

Sand Furies: not much is known about this all female tribe of raiders in aurora, except that they are incredibly fast, agile, and hostile. Persionally I think they might have a story simmilar to hobbes... but that's just me

Trolls: nope... one of logan's few popular acts was to send the military to eliminate every last troll in albion, it worked. trolls are an endangered species.

the children: the crawler's children, not much is known, but they are evil enough that make the temple of shadows look kind by compasison. their failed attack on Albion hit with mindnumbing horror, seeping into every home, and attacking every person. only the military saved Albion from the Children, as the King saved them from the Crawler itself. the children still exist in their temple in Auroa, but without the Crawler they are no longer a threat to the nation.
here you see the former King Logan facing the crawler on his adventurers abroad... he returned a broken man, and a tryant hell bent on building a military powerhouse to face the crawler, regardless of cost to his people.

Vengurd

Very well done Wolf! (btw, love the name) Though I do believe there is a bit about the Sand furries in one of the thirty rare books, it claims that they had once been a tribe of both male and female, but the female had killed all the males, everything else about them was a mystery, as is their ability to reproduce without a male......Futa/herm anyone?

Ironwolf85

thank you.
and futa sandfuries sounds about right
oh and here's the last pic I have, the future king in logan's shoes protecting his loyal friend walter as they search for a way out.

Vengurd

Rock on! I like that he is wearing the masquerade mask from Reaver's ball. Very well depicted.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Ironwolf85

anyway back to the game... I know who I'm playing

Kate

thanks for the feedback

hopefully this reads a lot better :

Vengurd

Thank you for making the requested changes. It looks and feels more readable to me. Good stuff.

Dracoat

So hows the thread progress coming along?

O/Os

Grimmwolf

Name:Ravus Wolfbane
Hero of:Driftwood
Appearance:Add white to the coat and hat instead of the red.

Strength:4
Stature:3
Magic Aura:1

Melee Weapon:Silver rapier, Aka Wolfbane
Melee Skill:4
Ranged Weapon: Several pistols
Ranged Skill:4
Magic Spells:Assassin Rush, Turncoat, Force Push
Magic Skill:1

Personality: Ravus is the strong, silent type, but to the people of Driftwood, he is always kind and helpful. Though he is generally weary of outsiders, he is always willing to give someone a chance to prove themselves in one way or another.

History: Born and raised in Driftwood, his family  was a bunch of witchhunters. Ravus' parents, however, didn't want that sort of life for him, so they hada traveling blacksmith take him on as his apprentice at the age of 7. Even in the wilds of the world, Ravus grew up to be quite strong and quick with a gun to defend his master whilst traveling. It had been ten years after leaving Driftwood, Ravus had been so excited to see his family, but had come to find they had been slaughtered in the recent balverine attacks. Devastated, Ravus and the blacksmith had stayed in his old home, which the town had started to reconstruct in the Wolfbane's memory. That night, he heard the howls and the screams, anger and rage fueled Ravus and he grabbed his Ancestor's sword, the sword that his family was named after, it was old, but the blade seemed to feel right in his hands. He loaded up some pistols and silver bullets and witnessed a massacre of the people of the tavern, it was then that Ravus began to kill, and slaughter each and every one of the balverines he could find. When there were no more in sight, he had heard the howl from his home, and a scream. He ran to his home and two large white Balverines were tearing into the blacksmith's corpse. Without hesitation, Ravus slaughtered to the two. He was breathing heavily in rage when he noticed a locket on one Balverine, the locket was of his father,his mother and himself as a baby. He took the locket and buried  his parents and the blacksmith. it was there after that Ravus was considered the hero of Driftwood.
Don't Worry, I'm a Proffesional

Primarch

Character thread & OOC thread.

IC thread is coming tonight, we still need a King or a Queen, if anyone knows someone suitable t'would be great to have organised. The threads are set up in the bondage, for no other reason then because if one of you are captured you might be all tied up. XD Otherwise I don't know if the game will have much bump N grind. (But hey, no reason you can't get freaky on Royal Court's table when nobody else is around).

Cherry Bloodrayne

A good game now ruined by a roleplay :(

Dracoat

Quote from: Cherry Bloodrayne on November 18, 2010, 11:16:29 AM
A good game now ruined by a roleplay :(

*Points to post* Are there any rules against trolling?

O/Os

Primarch

Quote from: Dracoat on November 18, 2010, 11:19:55 AM
*Points to post* Are there any rules against trolling?

Not sure actually, I think there might be rules about being civil in general. Ignore her anyway. If I read in an article that Peter Molyneux is dropping the Fable series because of a roleplay I'll pay attention. Until then, trollz be trollin.

Dracoat

O/Os

Ironwolf85

did I not already say? the military has a bounty on trolls in fable...
GET THE TROLL!
but seriously I'm just gonna play now

Wheresmycow

Sadly, the rule of being civil means you can't counter-troll either, which I have to say is great fun when you're RP'ing on a MMO and someone is trying to grief.

Their tears are delicious.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Primarch

Bowerstone Castle IC Feel free to start there. Apologies it isn't longer, stressful week. <.<

Primarch

Knothole Island has become free for anyone who wishes to take up a character.

Primarch

I'm currently looking for a co-GM to help me out, anyone interested in joining in?

Vostroya

Looking for new people to help with a restart for the story. I will post a new storyline once one is agreed upon.

Kate

Vostroya

Absolutely I had fun with both our characters arguing.

Kate

you did the king really well :)

Verbal tassles with your character was great !

Hey if it is one year later still, we have two sets of people, some exploring a new area (perhaps for a cure / solution)
while others are trying to keep a few small fortified towns (what came of the group we saved)
from tearing themselves to pieces... and that those that are part of the explorer team / keepers of the peace team swap regularly / or meet up regularly (ie the exploring team isny months away but days and makes return visits pretty often)

Tydorei

When you say a restart? Does that mean the game you all played already will be erased? Just seeing if I need to read through those threads or not.

Vostroya

Not completely we will still keep the over all story, but the new story will take place one year after the last of the posts. With a new story arc.

DigitLninja

Name: Tarot the Bringer
Hero of: Underworld City

Strength: 2
Magic Aura: 5

Melee Weapon: Book of Summoning Arts and Cake Design, Divine Staff of the Summoner
Melee Skill: 2
Ranged Weapon: Crossbow
Magic Spells: Ghost Swords (Max = 7), Raise Dead (Max = 5), Summon (Max = 3)

Personality / History:
This hero was discovered among the City of the undead horde, according to what he told them when they discovered him among the horde he had always been in this city, living off of what he could find and the Horde generally ignored him, his only real companions where his imagination and the thousands upon thousands of books that he had discovered in his favorite sleeping location. As a young boy he remembered being raised by what would logically be called parents and the town had originally been named something... stone... he could never remember that part.

Years of hunting and gathering and reading and training himself according to the books and he found himself a master of the Arcane arts, his hero pendant was the only thing left of his parents and he learned of the existence of other heroes by listening though the pendant, hearing the voices of people in battle. When the heroes first discovered him among the horde they thought he was insane. He was naked and smiling and greeted them with a warm hug, however after dressing and showing them a bit of his ability to summon and control undead, fierce beasts, and demons they had never seen before.

The knew he would be pivotal to ending the Horde but surprisingly enough he was not ego driven and played more of a supporting role to his fellow heroes, enjoying the company of the friends he had spent the last few years listening to through the Hero Pendants.
Quotes to Live by: