Cloud Nine - Recruitment Thread (DmC; Legion; Angel/Demon RP in Dallas, TX)

Started by TheBlackThrone, May 11, 2019, 07:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Sye

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Chantarelle on May 19, 2019, 12:43:58 PM
I don’t see a demon template?

Because if you read the OP, it says they are only allowed to be NPCs. Demons are evil in this game and are not good guys or neutral. They are why this game is horror and in the extreme section.
The gates are open

Sye

Human Name: Yue Wong
Nicknames: Shorty
Sexual Orientation: Heteroflexible
Bonded To: N/A
Character O/Os: Intelligent conversation and humor is always a plus for without them the rest doesn't matter. She likes those that are down-to-earth and easy-going since she is so hectic and finding someone who is understanding are usually hard to find. On the flip side, while intelligence is a big turn-on, if one is a braggart and is "me me me" and "I I I" then things get old fast. If they refuse to learn new things or have an open-mind and realize they can't be right about everything or have the last word will get them kicked to the curb. Rude and obnoxious to her friends and family will get one dropped nowhere fast enough.

Sexually speaking see player's O/Os.

Player O/Os: Fairly open, but the off’s I would like to keep them as off’s. Link

Height: 5’3”
Weight: 118 lbs
Build: Slender and toned
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Brown
General Appearance: Yue has a small beauty mark above her right lip that she covers up with make-up sometimes and she has been blessed through good genes to have blemish-free skin. Depending on her mood and amount of effort, she can make her straight hair wavy and wear make-up. Oddly enough Yue owns “bangs” extension for those random occasions since she refuses to cut her hair to have them; finding it annoying when her hair isn’t all the same length.  Has a watercolor dandelion wish tattoo over her right shoulder.

Face Claim: Mai Shiraishi

EQUIPMENT: In terms of weaponry, Yue owns a pair of brass knuckles that are actually stun guns. A pair of fiberglass extendable batons, and a pocket knife because shoot, everyone needs a pocket knife!  Also pepper spray! Anyone's and everyone's best friend!

Everyday life: Book bag filled with some books, her cellphone, wallet, spare glasses, and random female stuff. Has another bag she

SKILLS:
-Martial arts with belts in Kenpo, Akido, and Hapkido
-Cooking primarily Asian cuisine (cooked in her family restaurant)
-Medical Knowledge
-Speaks Mandarin
-Dancing (Ballet and Contemporary)

ADVANTAGES:

-Takes her job seriously no matter what it is and studious
-Easy to talk to and people feel comfortable around her
-Quick on her feet
-Unassuming and non-threatening

DISADVANTAGES:

-Family restaurant in Houston, TX called Shandong (Province where the parents are from)
-Student Loan Debt: Roughly 70K remaining
-Dark colored liquors gives her a hangover if she has more than one drink, but clear is fine.
-Despite having the degree, she hasn’t moved back home to open up a practice or find someone to marry so parents are constantly nagging.
-While she may be fast, her size is a disadvantage and she doesn’t hit hard so she has to make them count while trying not to get hit.

Current Story:

Was looking for a job when she got hired on to be a bouncer. It wasn't her first choice, but she blends in with the crowds, unassuming, and her size makes people not take her seriously making her perfect for it. After a couple of months Yue has taken on other duties at the club and fills in or even floats if they are busy to give breaks and lunches. Honestly she loves her job and oddly enough she does use her education there. Some might call it "shady" but she has stitched up and set a few broken bones. Granted some injuries she does basic care and sends them on their merry little way to the hospital.

From time to time she will try and go to dance auditions and works on-call at a local TCM (Tradional Chinese Medicine) office when there is an emergency, vacation, etc. Some tell her that she might be spreading herself thin and while that may be true, she wants to use her expensive piece of paper for something.

Personality:

Quiet and unassuming, Yue enjoys watching people and how they interact. She's not a wallflower, but the way she acts gives people the impression that she is shy. Yue finds it amusing and lets people think what they wish and usually doesn't try to change their mind. After all, why should she put in the effort if they already made their conclusion about her?

The other side of her is that for those she cares about she is very affectionate and acts like a mother hen. Yue does have a problem at letting her heart overthrow her head at times and it is made worse when she reacts when someone is hurting someone she knows. She's honest, almost brutal at times, loyal to friends and family, and is trustworthy. Though she is stubborn and in more ways than one.

Character Flaws:

- Failure and disappointing others.
- Doesn't take her own advice about health.
- Tunnel vision and can't see the big picture when she is absorbed into something.

Character Theme:
Don't Be So Hard On Yourself

Battle Theme:
Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Extra:

Her favorite coffee shop is called Java Lobby where it is a new and used bookstore blended with the setting of a cafe. Since she hates being home alone, Yue spends her days off there. Doesn't help that it is close to the local YMCA so another plus.

Yue has dated around, but they never worked out. The usual complain being that she has no time for them or that it feels like she isn't serious about the relationship.

Favorite non-alcoholic drinks are coca-cola, hot chocolate, strawberry lemonade (with real strawberries in it), bubble tea, and tea.

Favorite alcoholic drinks are wine, pina colada, mojito's, and sex on the beach.

Sye

Archdemon WIP

Name: Rahab
Nicknames: Wrath, Ira, Courroux
Alias: Cameron Alanis
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Race: Hellspawn
Sub-race: Archdemon

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
General Appearance: Always dressed nicely, for Rahab appearance is everything and one must look good if from a three piece suit to wearing what he calls "upscale casual". Usually meets others with an easy smile and those who know him too well a knowing smirk saying he is up to no good.
Transformation:
Transformation
Main Form
Face Claim: Alexis Papis

Weapons: Vine of thorns
Powers: Sympathetic Magic: When Rahab uses his powers, everything manifests before him as a board game whether it is chess or some other children's game. Has been known to have used dolls and houses to give a more detailed view as he doesn't do anything to the person per-say, but stacks the odds in his favor for the outcome come out in his favor making the highest outcome happen first if possible.

Law of Similarity or "like affects like"- model or miniature of a real-world object which affects the real-life counterpart. This allows the user to scry the object in question, because what happens to it happens also to the replica. Giving a realistic view point, he can't just squash a replica building and have it crumble in the real world. However if the building was already flawed or there happened to be an attack on the building, then yes, destroying the replica will destroy the building.

Law of Contact/Contagion- that things which have once been in contact with each other continue to act on each other at a distance after the physical contact has been severed. For example clothing, personal possessions, etc., or (even better) part of them, for example blood, hair and nail-clippings. *When Rahab has something of the "unfortunate soul", Rahab has to place something of himself on the intended target.*

LIMITATIONS: Can only affect humans and one person to focus on while manipulating the surroundings. Enhancing or dampening conditions of supporting pieces to ensure the result he is looking for is attainable. Law of Similarity must be coupled with the Law of Contact/Contagion to take affect and person can't be affected again for a set time which is GM's discretion. Link can be broken from interference that wasn't part of the plan, a random act, or divine intervention. Sometimes it has been said that luck (good karma) can naturally negate the power as an act of kindness creates a ripple effect that can cancel his power.

Skills:

Debater: Always up for a good debate and enjoys playing "Devil's Advocate"

Acting humane: He can play the role of the white knight and be humane if it means to reach his goal of corruption. Though don't expect him to keep the facade up too long unless he finds someone truly interesting that he is willing to try for more than an hour or two.

Puzzle Master: Brain teasers, riddles, and puzzles. Things that challenge the mind and optical illusions that hold clues are his favorite and enjoys lording over those who can't beat him.

Advantages:

Quick-thinking and if he knows you well enough, can usually predict your next three moves since everyone has a pattern.

Knows how to push buttons and have others fall into a verbal trap.

Disadvantages:

Hates surprises and doesn't handle them well.

Power is limited to being in a place where he won't be interrupted otherwise he will have to set up things ahead of time. There is no way for him to fight and use his power which he finds highly annoying.

Current Story:

Roaming from place to place that he believes will provide him the most fun and cause the most damage.

Personality:

There is beauty to acts of violence that makes Rahab giddy as a child. Wrath comes in many forms and if you can control certain key points and understand the person's mind, the options are endless. From a slow burn to a raging inferno, the anger that is inside a human soul is outstanding.While others confuse him with Pride, he doesn't mind it as he takes it as a compliment and enjoys pissing them off which only fuels him more.

Character Flaws:

Wrath: Rage is always on a slow simmer and never truly gone. Depending on his mood it can be volatile or be a fairly pleasant experience (verbal exchange rather than pain).

Vanity: Thinks highly of his appearance and his abilities.

Has a Tell: Despite him being slow to anger, when anger and rage begins to manifest it begins with his eyes. Hazel turn to golden yellow before red slowly bleeds in and turns his entire eye red.

Dislikes computers and technology calling it the lazy way of figuring things out.

Hates to be outsmarted by anyone.

Randomly petty as hell.

Bound to: None

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Sye

TheBlackThrone

We're still waiting on some CSes to get approved and completed. I finished a class today so I'll be more available. I plan to get the IC up so those who have plans can go ahead and start sandboxing. There will be a calendar and certain GM events will be marked on it. Other days are free for your plots and activities.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The IC is now up: IC

We're still recruiting everyone. This is a sandbox game so it's something anyone can just get approved and walk in on. It's a bar after all. They're in new in town.  ::)
The gates are open

Sye

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 26, 2019, 07:30:04 PM
We're still waiting on some CSes to get approved and completed. I finished a class today so I'll be more available. I plan to get the IC up so those who have plans can go ahead and start sandboxing. There will be a calendar and certain GM events will be marked on it. Other days are free for your plots and activities.

Loving the calendar since it makes things easier for dates.

Bowen

I'm finding it funny that chubby Thor's online nemesis took out Seth's character.

Now want to go to Tønsberg to find if chubby Thor is there.

tririlke

Hello, I'm very new here - just got approved. This sounds like an amazing roleplay and I'd love to join, but as an ignorant new person I just want to make sure: do I post my character sheet here or do I send it to you privately for approval?

Bowen

Quote from: tririlke on May 31, 2019, 01:14:37 PM
Hello, I'm very new here - just got approved. This sounds like an amazing roleplay and I'd love to join, but as an ignorant new person I just want to make sure: do I post my character sheet here or do I send it to you privately for approval?

We've been posting them here as works in progress. When you think you're ready just pm Throne and ask him for advice.

tririlke

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: tririlke on May 31, 2019, 01:48:42 PM
Gotcha, thanks Bowen.

What Bowen said. Just let me know when you're ready for me to review it and if you have questions, feel free to ask away.  :-)
The gates are open

Lady Sakura

I'm missing my Firefly girlie. I'm thinking of redesigning her and making her a hostess if the spot is still open?

tririlke

unless there's a very hidden hostess that no one has mentioned yet the spot's still open, please join in!

Sye

Lady Sakura

Gannameade

You mean as a face claim?!? 

That sounds like a fair request.   O8)

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Gannameade on June 03, 2019, 09:15:01 PM
You mean as a face claim?!? 

That sounds like a fair request.   O8)

>:)

For the character I will make that, I adore and want to play again.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Lady Sakura