Interest Check: Equal Opportunity Butt Kicking!

Started by MadPanda, April 05, 2011, 11:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

I would ask why you feel the need to take it more than once, because the whole point of having a Signature Weapon is that you've got one signature weapon.

You take it once per weapon (Golden Comeback lets you apply it to other things too).

No, you don't get to take multiple bonuses for the same weapon  That would be silly.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

ReijiTabibito

I will not exploit the GM.

Okay.  Just checking.

MadPanda

Teach me to look it up before responding!

The text itself says more or less that each time you select it, you may choose another weapon that is a signature weapon.  So one bonus per weapon, but you may have more than one.

In Memory of Bishrook

ReijiTabibito

Right.  But I was asking about stacking bonuses on the same weapon, which you ruled we can't do.  Understandable, since dropping multiple schticks in it would give a ridiculous bonus to damage, so much so that a handgun could blow up a tank...

MadPanda

Yeah.  No.  Not gonna happen.  One bonus per weapon, and I'm probably going to want to hear a damn good explanation as to why you have more than one of these.  (The obvious answer is, of course, a matching pair of the same sort of gun, which I'm more likely to okay.  Don't try to tell me you have a Signature Hellharrower, though.)

Also remember that it isn't a bonus for any ol' Glock 19.  It's your special, lucky, custom-build Glock 19 that was a birthday present from your sweet Aunt Petunia.  Any other Glock 19 is just a gun.

In Memory of Bishrook

ReijiTabibito

Well, considering the ruling, I'm going to be getting only 1 rank in it anyway.  Besides, I have plenty of other categories to spend my Schticks in - Both Guns Blazing, Carnival of Carnage, Lightning Reload...

And remember, the benefit of a Signature Weapon isn't just in the bonus damage, it's in the damage itself.  FS rules state that no Signature Weapon can be destroyed.

MadPanda

Also remember that if you're fighting mooks, that +3 Damage bonus doesn't do a thing.  (Remind me to tell you about the Mookinator and the problems he created for my tabletop group...)

In Memory of Bishrook

Kunoichi

Mookinator?  Sounds like an unnamed character who was favored by the random number god...

MadPanda

Nope.  He was an anti-mook squad PC, so lethal and efficient that a number of mooks sufficient to challenge him for a whole combat round was more than enough to swamp the other PCs.  (Perfectly legal build, I should add...)

In Memory of Bishrook

Kunoichi

Hmm, probably combining Carnival of Carnage with other useful multi-target effects...

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Okay, game's full up!  So I'm shutting this down for now.  Check back later if you're interested and didn't see it in time...we may split the party or someone may drop.

In Memory of Bishrook