Referrals

Started by MasterMischief, November 28, 2015, 04:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

Is there a way to see who you are credited for referring?

Jag

There used to be, but it's not there anymore. I'd like to be able to see it again.

I want to know who these 20 mystery people are.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

MasterMischief

I thought I had more than four, but I am not sure who I have been credit for and I can not remember everyone I have referred.  Oh well.  Thanks for the quick response, Jagerin.  You so totally rock.

Jag

You only get referral credit for them if they use the referral link from your profile. If you just mention the site to someone, they come here, and sign up; then it does not connect it to your profile. So you very well could have more than that, but they are not credited because they did not use your referral link.

I put my referral link up on almost every site I sign up for...so I have no clue who these people are. >.< I know at least one of them, but only cause they are active on E.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Beguile's Mistress

Used to be that if someone mentioned they were referred by one of us in their Introduction thread we could get credit for that but it's really hard to keep track of that so I don't think it happens any longer.

MasterMischief

Good to know.  Thank you, Jagerin and Beguile's.

Oniya

I'm also pretty sure that the site registration now asks if you heard about the site from someone else, and if so, to enter their user name.  This has occasionally led to 'false referrals', where someone types in a person's name and it happens to match a user's profile name.  (Not that I think this is likely in any of the cases in this thread, but it has happened.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17