SINS Academy Interest Check! [applications re-open] Students and Sins required.

Started by Rave, November 23, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 27, 2014, 11:15:54 PM
Why does everyone go for the fire and brimstone? I went for lightning!

Looks up from her cobwebs and dust.

"..not me..  I'm all 'bout that.. sumerian hell.. place where y' just.. sit and.. gather dust forever..  burning guys alive and.. stabbing people in a pool of lava is.. y'know, worrrrk.."

*shudders*

"..do you have.. any.. idea.. how sweaty you get.. poking guys in lava?  I mean, really..  gross.."

Quote from: MissFire on November 28, 2014, 12:10:39 AM
Yeah, my character is definitely getting left in the dust here...

*hugs*  "..yey.. someone else.. get's it..  no, wait.. that's not what you meant.. heh, oops.."

People didn't fawn over Sloth either.  Of course, I think I'm the only person here who posted a gag picture.. 

Wouldn't worry!  Sloth is always at your character's service!  Beautiful psycho that she is!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Angie

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on November 28, 2014, 12:56:19 AM
  Looks up from her cobwebs and dust.

"..not me..  I'm all 'bout that.. sumerian hell.. place where y' just.. sit and.. gather dust forever..  burning guys alive and.. stabbing people in a pool of lava is.. y'know, worrrrk.."

*shudders*

"..do you have.. any.. idea.. how sweaty you get.. poking guys in lava?  I mean, really..  gross.."

*hugs*  "..yey.. someone else.. get's it..  no, wait.. that's not what you meant.. heh, oops.."

People didn't fawn over Sloth either.  Of course, I think I'm the only person here who posted a gag picture.. 

Wouldn't worry!  Sloth is always at your character's service!  Beautiful psycho that she is!

Actually, the Lotus Eater Machine is kind of an awesome thing. I can so see Aether Walker dumping a defeated foe on Sloth's doorstep and being like "make sure he's uh, taken care of."
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on November 28, 2014, 12:56:19 AM

I have YIM logs that would like to differ. >:)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on November 28, 2014, 01:01:19 AM
I have YIM logs that would like to differ. >:)

Aww snap.  Bout to bust out the YIM Logs...

;)

I'm bored, so forgive randomness.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rave

Brazen Endeavors

Is. . Is this game still accepting characters?  Color me very interested!   I'll defs go student, and I'm playing with personality type - but it might help if I knew how many people were in each house?  It seems a little unbalanced after I browsed through and hard numbers might sway my decision.

Looks like a fun time so far.  Kudos.
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Sindra

Quote from: Brazen Endeavors on November 28, 2014, 01:59:10 AM
Is. . Is this game still accepting characters?  Color me very interested!   I'll defs go student, and I'm playing with personality type - but it might help if I knew how many people were in each house?  It seems a little unbalanced after I browsed through and hard numbers might sway my decision.

Looks like a fun time so far.  Kudos.

I do believe Rave is still accepting characters!

The list below is based on the posted characters in the Accepted Characters thread (a link is on the first page:

Pride: 5
Greed 2
Lust 4
Wrath: 4
Envy: 4
Gluttony: 3
Sloth: 2
Unsorted: 1

Hope that helps some! 

Rave

Quote from: Sindra on November 28, 2014, 02:05:24 AM

The list below is based on the posted characters in the Accepted Characters thread (a link is on the first page:

Greed 2
Lust 4

Hope that helps some!

Ahh that helps so much Sindra! I've been meaning to get a count going. You're a gem.

Looks like Greed and Sloth need some love still!
Come on, both house headmasters are such cuties :P

Sindra

Quote from: Rave on November 28, 2014, 02:07:30 AM
Ahh that helps so much Sindra! I've been meaning to get a count going. You're a gem.

Looks like Greed and Sloth need some love still!
Come on, both house headmasters are such cuties :P

*Grins* Glad to help!  I may be stalking the game a little  ::)... or a lot... ;D. 

Brazen Endeavors

Quote from: Sindra on November 28, 2014, 02:05:24 AM

Greed 2
Lust 4

Hope that helps some! 

Helps much!  I'll work on concept and try to throw it out before the game starts. 
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Blue Nova

Hmmm, I might make this character Sloth if approved, though she is going to be very malleable at the start

Sarah

Name: Sarah (no last name)
Sex: Female
Classification:  Demon of Hate
House: None

Position: Student (kind of)
Year: 1st year

Skills:
Sneaky – She is extremely quiet when she moves and always knows where to stand so that she in rarely noticed in passing. Sometimes moving quickly enough in flickering light to seem like she is teleporting short distances.

Eidetic Memory – She remembers everything, and it often drives her mad. She does however like to read, and will often know the answer to something she cares nothing about.

Powers:
Nightmare Illusions – She can make mortals witness the same nightmares she suffers while she sleeps. Making them see her as a terrible creature of darkness, surrounded by monsters, or even make them think they are on fire, or suffocating in a black fog. If the person is weak minded enough, these fears will become so real to them that they actually hurt and killed by them. She has never tried her powers on other demons.

Healing– Sarah has been impaled, shot full of holes, and even set on fire. She always manages to quickly regenerate. The exception being any greater demons inflicting damage not able to be healed. And fire, it takes a very, very long time to heal from those wounds.

Through their eyes – Sarah can attune herself to small animals. Mostly just using cats or crows, and see and hear everything that they do, even guiding them to do what she wants remotely. Though it is not a total control.

Weaknesses:
Fragile – She is trapped in the body of a teenager, and has not demonic strength to increase her frail body.
Fire – She hates it, it’s the only thing that seems to scare her.

Height: 5’0”
Weight / Body type: Small and slender
Hair: Pitch Black
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Yellowish Orange
Distinguishing Features: Hands often turn black when powers are being used

Likes: Watching the world suffer, black cats, black clothes
Dislikes:  Fire, people not on fire

About: Born in Salem Massachusetts, Sarah was one of many thought to be a witch during the witch hunt of 1692. She was seen talking to cats, and summoning crows to dance with her under the moon light. They were humans torn by fear, though, technically Sarah was indeed doing those things. She may have been the only one guilty of tampering with the dark arts, but she was no mere witch, she was a demon. When she did not die by hanging, they drowned her, and when she did not die by drowning, they burned her. Her body burned for hours, and she writhed in pain, wailing like a banshee. Her nightmarish hell drove the other villagers to insanity, and eventually her crispy body would last longer then the stake they tied her too.
She survived, but as a blackened husk for weeks. Fire is very hard for her to heal from, and the pain was enough to given even a young demon a phobia. She cant look at campfires without cringing and backing away in fear, even a small flame on a stove can give her flashbacks and send her running out of the room. The only time she seems okay with fire around her is when it is under her control, and burning others with it. Though fire summoned through her Nightmare Illusions always manifest as black and white.
She always seems to be lurking around the halls and in class rooms, sitting in the back and keeping to herself. She does not know how to make friends really, though it would be easier with demons than with humans. She does not value any material items, and seem to prefer the company of cats and ravens. So she has little in common with the Envious or the Greedy, but she likes tormenting mortals.

"House?  What good are houses for, other than to burn?"

Labels: Creepy, Sneaky, Curious, Lonely

Sexuality: Virgin
Sexual On's and Offs:  Blue Nova [Ons and Offs]
If you PM me first, there is not a lot I won’t do. However, Sarah would be new to pretty much anything.

Player: Blue Nova

Ron Don Volante

My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Brazen Endeavors

...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Assassini

Deciding to throw a character into the mix here. I MAY have gotten a little stuck in with his backstory... Let me know if the powers and stuff are okay!

Regarding images: I quite like seeing him as looking like Tom Hiddleston now, but a lot of my inspiration for the character comes from Dante (hence my inclusion of the second image).

Guy

Name: Guy Sonoral
Sex: Male
Classification: 
House: Sloth

Position: Student
Year: 5th year

Skills: Guy was brought up to be a Knight in England, taught in a Norman tradition. Following years of training he then spent the next few hundred years of his life (as a human and then a demon) at war. Over this time he learnt how to fight, and fight well. His long life span and long memory also means that while he may not be an expert on science or art or culture, he was there to see most of it come into existence, he can’t help having picked up the occasional bit and piece of knowledge here and there, making both a smart individual.

Powers: Fallen Exorcist: Guy was once a Crusader, and while he may have become disenchanted with both the Crusades and God, he still remembers fighting for the Glory of Heaven. His body and soul remembers this too and so he is surprisingly adept at destroying demons (should it ever come to that), the Holy rites corrupted and brutalised in the hands of demon. Equally though, this same corrupted power now gives him an advantage over fighting angels too.

Aimless: To some it might seem a disadvantage to have no aim in life, nothing to dedicate oneself to. To Guy though it means that there is nothing with which one can manipulate him. In particular this renders him immune to the effects of many emotional manipulative powers, should any other creature attempt to instigate some form of emotional response from him it would be a great deal less potent than it would in any other.

Height: 6’ 0’’
Weight/Body type: Tall, slim and lean. Appears to be ~80kg.
Hair: Short, pitch black and completely unruly.
Eyes: Utterly black. Appears to be no difference between the colour of his iris and pupil.
Distinguishing Features: A large red tattoo of a Templar Cross on his chest. A brand on his lower back.

Dislikes: Also nothing

About: Guy’s fall to demon-kind was in the Year 1187 AD, a scant two years before the beginning of the Third Crusade. He had been a Knight during the First Crusade, a hundred years before, travelling thousands of miles from his home in England, believing that he was performing the work of God he was more than ready to strike down the infidels, the heretics and the unbelievers. It would be a Holy War, a War which would guarantee his position in Heaven. He was one of the first over the walls at Antioch and gained respect for his valour during the Siege of Jerusalem and Battle of Ascalon. War changed him though, as it did many men. Despite what the Pope said and what the Bible informed him, as he cleaved men down, hewed their heads from their shoulders, as the blood covered him from head to toe and he watched comrades die, he was unable to find anything Holy in the deeds they performed. Particularly the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem hit him extremely hard, leaving him believing himself to be anything but virtuous. Years of brutal fighting led him to curse anything that could be considered “Holy” and curse the very existence of God. Not only did he curse the existence of his own God, but the Gods of those he fought too. Following the establishment of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem he prayed with all his might that God might answer why He would have wanted such evil unleashed on the world, praying for answers and for forgiveness.

In that night a Wrath demon by the name of Corvus whispered half truths and lies into his ears and the following day he was a changed man, his soul corrupted and any belief in redemption gone. He spent two years in Jerusalem a markedly different man and, unfortunately for him, word had travelled of the Knight who fought for God but who scorned his name. He was branded as a heretic by some of the more zealous (and utterly insane) Priests, the burning heat of the brand marking his skin whilst the blessed iron branded his soul. Following his torture he finally had some luck when it became apparent that some of his comrades-in-arms were out for blood and would kill anyone who stood between them and his rescue. The priest truly was insane though, a zealot who thought God spoke through him, and without the time or following to have Guy burnt at the stake, the priest had his deranged henchmen behead him even as his compatriots smashed down the doors to the dungeon.

Guy’s “life” did not end however, thanks to the Demon's corruption of what could have been a virtuous soul, he was sent to the depths of Hell where he spent the next 87 years locked in torment and agony. His story did not end there as it did for many others instead he was reborn as a demon, the Sin of Wrath ensnaring his soul and casting him back into the world as her servant. Immortal and, to a fair extent, invincible. The only true remainder of the man he had been the brand of the heretic still aching in his back. For reasons he did not understand when he was brought back into the world he was set to work alongside another demon, a greater demon from the house of Wrath, who kept a close eye on the new recruit. Even though he did not recognise the other, it was none other than Corvus, the demon who had corrupted his soul in the first place.

Guy spent the next 200 years in the Holy Land, fighting predominantly on the side of the Crusaders, including a stint within the Knight’s Templar where he insisted on having the red cross tattooed upon his chest (the symbol itself holy enough that it would not heal away by normal means). Then he finally returned to Europe where he found that there was always some war with blood that needed shed. The demon who had turned him had been a powerful demon of Wrath and so it was Wrath that Guy followed. He took the sin in an all-too literal sense, using his powers to fight and fight and then keep on fighting. Anger and fury were his watchwords and he spent much of the next hundred years fighting beside his creator. Killing and tormenting the living proved amusing and he took particular pleasure in watching the fear in men’s eyes as he told them that their God did not hear their prayers. One of his proudest moments as a servant of Wrath was the part he played in the execution of Joan of Arc. To this day he remembered asking the ashes of the pyre “Where’s your God now?”

Slowly though his conscience returned, the sense of honour and the code which had been beaten into him as a squire. He began to grow resentful of the demon who had stolen his mind and his life. The demon who had preyed on him when he had been at his weakest and had succeeded in drawing him from the light. Too late he realised that he was too far gone to return to the light, the darkness was too deeply ingrained into his being for it to ever loosen its hold. He was a creature of Lucifer’s, through and through. However, he was not, on the other hand, a creature of his creator, Wrath, or of his master and watcher, Corvus. The fury within him grew slowly, along with a desire for vengeance, without the presence of Wrath the sole source of his ire was Corvus, and it was at him that he directed his hate. One day, when he finally had enough, he gathered all the feelings of wrath and hatred within him and struck down his mentor, leaving the wreckage of his corpse to be found by the Angels.

With that he not only expunged much of the dark taint from his soul and his conscience, finally his memories and his personality returning in full, but he also expunged the presence of Wrath. He was still a demon though, but now without any guiding sin. He spent much of the next hundreds of years in various places, occasionally returning to war and doing his best to uphold at least some of the virtues that he had once believed in and to instil them in those he met. Always he sought to redeem himself and so he turned on Hell and fought for humanity, trying to seek out evil and destroying it wherever he found it. For hundreds of years he worked as an agent against the Devil, not once questioning that no demon more powerful than he was sent after him. Perhaps Lucifer did not care, perhaps it was a test, or perhaps there were greater plans in store for the errant demon.

He grew weary of humanity though, weary of its constant turmoil and bickering. At the dawn of the 19th century as he did his best to uphold honour in a vast Empire, he began to feel out of touch with the human race. Slowly he steadily started to question whether either demons or angels really paid any attention to humanity. He began to distance himself from humanity, determined that while they would follow their own path he should perhaps now follow his. His greatest surprise was that as he sought the presence of his own kind he would begin to once again find feelings of dislike and hatred. Not for mankind though, but for heaven and the constant bickering of the immortals. Following a thousand years of existence and having experienced more than one hundred life-times, he started to fall into the ways of Sloth.

He was not lazy in body, but in soul. Apathetic and uncaring about pretty much everything and everyone around him. His humanity slowly eroded by long years of life he was left the ideal form as a demon of Sloth. He found enjoyment in the moment, in doing a variety of things, big and small, but he never lusted after them like the other sins did with other things.

Labels: The Apathetic, The “Righteous”

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Sexual On's and Offs: See Player’s

Player: Assassini

Edit: Backstory modified to fit better with lore. Text in italics subject to further change.

Edit 2: Finished changing the backstory.

Blue Nova

This actually presents a good question. Did all the character's have to start as demons?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Blue Nova on November 28, 2014, 01:36:09 PM
This actually presents a good question. Did all the character's have to start as demons?

I don't think so.

My male demon was born a human.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

aya

Brazen Endeavors

I think an FAQ might be helpful. I was wondering if "half demons" existed at least in lineage. .?
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Rel Mayer

Mi also started as a human! :)

aya

Quote from: Rave on November 23, 2014, 11:56:17 PM
The Demon creation process in this universe is as follows:

1- Lucifer, an Archangel, fell from Grace and became the very first Demon.
2- Lucifer creates the Original Seven in the same manner God created Adam and Eve. They are the oldest and most powerful.
3- The Original Seven infect humanity, thus sending many humans to Hell instead of Purgatory (and eventually, Heaven).
4- The Original Seven create more demons out of tortured human souls.
5- Demons breed, creating more demons, and so on.

As for the concept of families, it is quite unlikely. Demons may have lovers, perhaps just the one, but Hell is not a place conducive to a family life style. They can love and they can have children, but there is no general concept of family. Children are born quickly (Within the first two months of pregnancy) and mature quickly as-well. So in actuality there are two types of Demons: Converted and Pure Born. Unlike Hogwarts though there is no racism towards a particular one. All demons are grunts until they prove otherwise.

Short answer: They don't have families, but ranks. Most demons are very independent, but there are exceptions to everything.

You'll have to ask Rave on this one, but to my understanding there are no half-demons. Just full, natural born demons, and converted human souls.

Assassini

Quote from: aya on November 28, 2014, 01:58:38 PM
You'll have to ask Rave on this one, but to my understanding there are no half-demons. Just full, natural born demons, and converted human souls.

That was also my interpretation. I have to admit I was a little uncertain about the process when I was writing up my character's back-story. I mean Rave has made it clear that there will be humans who have become demons, but I wasn't entirely certain whether this meant the human becomes a demon while alive, or after his death...

SO, to solve it, I tried to sort of incorporate BOTH into my story! Boom. Sorted.

bubby

Quote from: Assassini on November 28, 2014, 07:31:07 AM
Deciding to throw a character into the mix here. I MAY have gotten a little stuck in with his backstory... Let me know if the powers and stuff are okay!

Regarding images: I quite like seeing him as looking like Tom Hiddleston now, but a lot of my inspiration for the character comes from Dante (hence my inclusion of the second image).

Guy

Classification: 

Skills: Guy was brought up to be a Knight in England, taught in a Norman tradition. Following years of training he then spent the next few hundred years of his life (as a human and then a demon) at war. Over this time he learnt how to fight, and fight well. His long life span and long memory also means that while he may not be an expert on science or art or culture, he was there to see most of it come into existence, he can’t help having picked up the occasional bit and piece of knowledge here and there, making both a smart individual.

Powers: Fallen Exorcist: Guy was once a Crusader, and while he may have become disenchanted with both the Crusades and God, he still remembers fighting for the Glory of Heaven. His body and soul remembers this too and so he is surprisingly adept at destroying demons (should it ever come to that), the Holy rites corrupted and brutalised in the hands of demon. Equally though, this same corrupted power now gives him an advantage over fighting angels too.

Aimless: To some it might seem a disadvantage to have no aim in life, nothing to dedicate oneself to. To Guy though it means that there is nothing with which one can manipulate him. In particular this renders him immune to the effects of many emotional manipulative powers, should any other creature attempt to instigate some form of emotional response from him it would be a great deal less potent than it would in any other.

Eyes: Utterly black. Appears to be no difference between the colour of his iris and pupil.
Distinguishing Features: A large red tattoo of a Templar Cross on his chest. A brand on his lower back.

About: Guy’s fall to demon-kind was in the Year 1111 AD, a scant two years following the “end” of the First Crusade. He had been a Knight, travelling hundreds of miles from his home in Europe, believing that he was performing the work of God he was more than ready to strike down the infidels, the heretics and the unbelievers. It would be a Holy War, a War which would guarantee his position in Heaven. War changed him, as it did many men. Despite what the Pope said and what the Bible informed him, as he cleaved men down, hewed their heads from their shoulders, as the blood covered him from head to toe and he watched comrades die, he was unable to find anything Holy in the deeds they performed. Years of brutal fighting led him to curse anything that could be considered “Holy” and curse the very existence of God. Not only did he curse the existence of his own God, but the Gods of those he fought too. Following the successful siege on Jerusalem and playing his part in the Battle of Ascalon he prayed with all his might that God might answer why He would have wanted such evil unleashed on the world.

In that night a demon whispered half truths and lies into his ears and the following day he was a changed man. He spent two years in Jerusalem a markedly different man and, unfortunately for him, word had travelled of the Knight who fought for God but who scorned his name. He was branded as a heretic by some of the more zealous (and utterly insane) Priests, the burning heat of the brand marking his skin whilst the blessed iron branded his soul. Following his torture he finally had some luck when it became apparent that some of his comrades-in-arms were out for blood and would kill anyone who stood between them and his rescue. The priest truly was insane though, a zealot who thought God spoke through him, and without the time or following to have Guy burnt at the stake, the priest had his deranged henchmen behead him even as his compatriots smashed down the doors to the dungeon.

Guy’s “life” did not end however, instead he was reborn as a demon. Immortal and, to a fair extent, invincible. The only true remainder of the man he had been the brand of the heretic still aching in his back.

Guy spent the next 200 years in the Holy Land, fighting predominantly on the side of the Crusaders, including a stint within the Knight’s Templar where he insisted on having the red cross tattooed upon his chest (the symbol itself holy enough that it would not heal away by normal means). Then he finally returned to Europe where he found that there was always some war with blood that needed shed. The demon who had turned him had been a powerful demon of Wrath and so it was Wrath that Guy followed. He took the sin in an all-too literal sense, using his powers to fight and fight and then keep on fighting. Anger and fury were his watchwords and he spent much of the next hundred years fighting beside his creator. Killing and tormenting the living proved amusing and he took particular pleasure in watching the fear in men’s eyes as he told them that their God did not hear their prayers. One of his proudest moments as a servant of Wrath was the part he played in the execution of Joan of Arc. To this day he remembered asking the ashes of the pyre “Where’s your God now?”

Slowly though his conscience returned, the sense of honour and the code which had been beaten into him as a squire. He began to grow resentful of the demon who had stolen his mind and his life. The demon who had preyed on him when he had been at his weakest and had succeeded in drawing him from the light. Too late he realised that he was too far gone to return to the light, the darkness was too deeply ingrained into his being for it to ever loosen its hold. He was a creature of Lucifer’s, through and through. He was not, however, a creature of his creator, not any longer at least. And so, taking the feeling of Wrath totally to heart, he smote down his creator and destroyed the foul and demonic carcass, leaving the body for the angels.

With that he not only expunged much of the dark taint from his soul and his conscience, finally his memories and his personality returning in full, but he also expunged the presence of Wrath. He was still a demon though, but now without any guiding sin. He spent much of the next hundred years in various places, occasionally returning to war and doing his best to uphold at least some of the virtues that he had once believed in and to instil them in those he met. Always he sought to redeem himself and so he turned on Hell and fought for humanity, trying to seek out evil and destroying it wherever he found it. For hundreds of years he worked as an agent against the Devil, not once questioning that no demon more powerful than he was sent after him. Perhaps Lucifer did not care, perhaps it was a test, or perhaps there were greater plans in store for the errant demon.

He grew weary of humanity though, weary of its constant turmoil and bickering. At the dawn of the 19th century as he did his best to uphold honour in a vast Empire, he began to feel out of touch with the human race. Slowly he steadily started to question whether either demons or angels really paid any attention to humanity. He began to distance himself from humanity, determined that while they would follow their own path he should perhaps now follow his. His greatest surprise was that as he sought the presence of his own kind he would begin to once again find feelings of dislike and hatred. Not for mankind though, but for heaven and the constant bickering of the immortals. Following a thousand years of existence and having experienced more than one hundred life-times, he started to fall into the ways of Sloth.

He was not lazy in body, but in soul. Apathetic and uncaring about pretty much everything and everyone around him. His humanity slowly eroded by long years of life he was left the ideal form as a demon of Sloth. He found enjoyment in the moment, in doing a variety of things, big and small, but he never lusted after them like the other sins did with other things.

....unf....

Brazen Endeavors

Quote from: aya on November 28, 2014, 01:58:38 PM
Quote from: Assassini on November 28, 2014, 02:14:18 PM
That was also my interpretation. I have to admit I was a little uncertain about the process when I was writing up my character's back-story. I mean Rave has made it clear that there will be humans who have become demons, but I wasn't entirely certain whether this meant the human becomes a demon while alive, or after his death...

SO, to solve it, I tried to sort of incorporate BOTH into my story! Boom. Sorted.

I wanted to double check.  Of course, I can write it out the way it's spelled above. . I just have a hard time seeing demons not tampering with mortals enough that there aren't some births.  Not that it would make a difference power wise. . But purely for back story.  Still, either way, I can make it work.
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Rave

Quote from: Blue Nova on November 28, 2014, 02:27:49 AM
Hmmm, I might make this character Sloth if approved, though she is going to be very malleable at the start

Sarah

Name: Sarah (no last name)
Sex: Female
Classification:  Demon of Hate
House: None

Position: Student (kind of)
Year: 1st year

Skills:
Sneaky – She is extremely quiet when she moves and always knows where to stand so that she in rarely noticed in passing. Sometimes moving quickly enough in flickering light to seem like she is teleporting short distances.

Eidetic Memory – She remembers everything, and it often drives her mad. She does however like to read, and will often know the answer to something she cares nothing about.

Powers:
Nightmare Illusions – She can make mortals witness the same nightmares she suffers while she sleeps. Making them see her as a terrible creature of darkness, surrounded by monsters, or even make them think they are on fire, or suffocating in a black fog. If the person is weak minded enough, these fears will become so real to them that they actually hurt and killed by them. She has never tried her powers on other demons.

Healing– Sarah has been impaled, shot full of holes, and even set on fire. She always manages to quickly regenerate. The exception being any greater demons inflicting damage not able to be healed. And fire, it takes a very, very long time to heal from those wounds.

Through their eyes – Sarah can attune herself to small animals. Mostly just using cats or crows, and see and hear everything that they do, even guiding them to do what she wants remotely. Though it is not a total control.

Weaknesses:
Fragile – She is trapped in the body of a teenager, and has not demonic strength to increase her frail body.
Fire – She hates it, it’s the only thing that seems to scare her.

Height: 5’0”
Weight / Body type: Small and slender
Hair: Pitch Black
Eyes: Yellowish Orange
Distinguishing Features: Hands often turn black when powers are being used

Likes: Watching the world suffer, black cats, black clothes
Dislikes:  Fire, people not on fire

About: Born in Salem Massachusetts, Sarah was one of many thought to be a witch during the witch hunt of 1692. She was seen talking to cats, and summoning crows to dance with her under the moon light. They were humans torn by fear, though, technically Sarah was indeed doing those things. She may have been the only one guilty of tampering with the dark arts, but she was no mere witch, she was a demon. When she did not die by hanging, they drowned her, and when she did not die by drowning, they burned her. Her body burned for hours, and she writhed in pain, wailing like a banshee. Her nightmarish hell drove the other villagers to insanity, and eventually her crispy body would last longer then the stake they tied her too.
She survived, but as a blackened husk for weeks. Fire is very hard for her to heal from, and the pain was enough to given even a young demon a phobia. She cant look at campfires without cringing and backing away in fear, even a small flame on a stove can give her flashbacks and send her running out of the room. The only time she seems okay with fire around her is when it is under her control, and burning others with it. Though fire summoned through her Nightmare Illusions always manifest as black and white.
She always seems to be lurking around the halls and in class rooms, sitting in the back and keeping to herself. She does not know how to make friends really, though it would be easier with demons than with humans. She does not value any material items, and seem to prefer the company of cats and ravens. So she has little in common with the Envious or the Greedy, but she likes tormenting mortals.

"House?  What good are houses for, other than to burn?"

Labels: Creepy, Sneaky, Curious, Lonely

Sexuality: Virgin
Sexual On's and Offs:  Blue Nova [Ons and Offs]
If you PM me first, there is not a lot I won’t do. However, Sarah would be new to pretty much anything.

Player: Blue Nova

While the concept is interesting, she does indeed have to be sorted. You can't join the academy if you're not sorted, so She's accepted and will be placed in Sloth.

Quote from: wisdomcube on November 28, 2014, 06:39:03 AM
Are you still recruiting? :)

Yes.

Quote from: Assassini on November 28, 2014, 07:31:07 AM

Guy

Classification: 

About: Guy’s fall to demon-kind was in the Year 1111 AD, a scant two years following the “end” of the First Crusade. He had been a Knight, travelling hundreds of miles from his home in Europe, believing that he was performing the work of God he was more than ready to strike down the infidels, the heretics and the unbelievers. It would be a Holy War, a War which would guarantee his position in Heaven. War changed him, as it did many men. Despite what the Pope said and what the Bible informed him, as he cleaved men down, hewed their heads from their shoulders, as the blood covered him from head to toe and he watched comrades die, he was unable to find anything Holy in the deeds they performed. Years of brutal fighting led him to curse anything that could be considered “Holy” and curse the very existence of God. Not only did he curse the existence of his own God, but the Gods of those he fought too. Following the successful siege on Jerusalem and playing his part in the Battle of Ascalon he prayed with all his might that God might answer why He would have wanted such evil unleashed on the world.

In that night a demon whispered half truths and lies into his ears and the following day he was a changed man. He spent two years in Jerusalem a markedly different man and, unfortunately for him, word had travelled of the Knight who fought for God but who scorned his name. He was branded as a heretic by some of the more zealous (and utterly insane) Priests, the burning heat of the brand marking his skin whilst the blessed iron branded his soul. Following his torture he finally had some luck when it became apparent that some of his comrades-in-arms were out for blood and would kill anyone who stood between them and his rescue. The priest truly was insane though, a zealot who thought God spoke through him, and without the time or following to have Guy burnt at the stake, the priest had his deranged henchmen behead him even as his compatriots smashed down the doors to the dungeon.

Guy’s “life” did not end however, instead he was reborn as a demon. Immortal and, to a fair extent, invincible. The only true remainder of the man he had been the brand of the heretic still aching in his back.

Slowly though his conscience returned, the sense of honour and the code which had been beaten into him as a squire. He began to grow resentful of the demon who had stolen his mind and his life. The demon who had preyed on him when he had been at his weakest and had succeeded in drawing him from the light. Too late he realised that he was too far gone to return to the light, the darkness was too deeply ingrained into his being for it to ever loosen its hold. He was a creature of Lucifer’s, through and through. He was not, however, a creature of his creator, not any longer at least. And so, taking the feeling of Wrath totally to heart, he smote down his creator and destroyed the foul and demonic carcass, leaving the body for the angels.

With that he not only expunged much of the dark taint from his soul and his conscience, finally his memories and his personality returning in full, but he also expunged the presence of Wrath. He was still a demon though, but now without any guiding sin. He spent much of the next hundred years in various places, occasionally returning to war and doing his best to uphold at least some of the virtues that he had once believed in and to instil them in those he met. Always he sought to redeem himself and so he turned on Hell and fought for humanity, trying to seek out evil and destroying it wherever he found it. For hundreds of years he worked as an agent against the Devil, not once questioning that no demon more powerful than he was sent after him. Perhaps Lucifer did not care, perhaps it was a test, or perhaps there were greater plans in store for the errant demon.

Interesting.

The backstory borderlines on what I wouldn't accept, but you make it vague enough that it can be acceptable. Usually when a human changes into a demon, it's because his soul is tortured rather extensively and is twisted to become one. Now, that usually means loss of memory and a primary Sin infecting them (Depending on what sin the Demon who changed them followed) but there can be exceptions. Memories can return, and if, the human was strong enough in life, it's possible for them to rebel.

I'll tentatively accept this, only because you've made sure to justify why he'd fight against rather than for his realm. All in all though, good back story.

Characters are either a natural born Demon, the spawn of two Demons mating, or a tortured human soul converted into a Demon. The creation process was listed.

Quote from: Brazen Endeavors on November 28, 2014, 01:56:43 PM
I think an FAQ might be helpful. I was wondering if "half demons" existed at least in lineage. .?

No need for a FAQ. Most information is already present and questions like these can be answered easily.

No.

There is no 'Half Demon' and such a creature cannot exist in this universe. A Demon can try for centuries and he'll never impregnate a human female. A demon cannot 'half convert' a human into a demon. They're either changed or they whither. This is a decision I made before starting the game entirely, as it would only breed overpowered characters who likely have plot holes and such. Trust me, if Half Demons were a thing, I would have included it in the first page.

The closest thing you'll get to it, is a converted human soul who somehow is able to remember his past life as in the case with Assassini's character, and even that is extremely rare.

Quote from: Brazen Endeavors on November 28, 2014, 02:41:03 PM
. I just have a hard time seeing demons not tampering with mortals enough that there aren't some births.  Not that it would make a difference power wise. 

There's no reason to think it's any different than trying to mate a Lion with a Monkey. It just doesn't work, after conversion they become an entirely different 'species' if you will.

Assassini

Quote from: Rave on November 28, 2014, 03:16:15 PM
Interesting.

The backstory borderlines on what I wouldn't accept, but you make it vague enough that it can be acceptable. Usually when a human changes into a demon, it's because his soul is tortured rather extensively and is twisted to become one. Now, that usually means loss of memory and a primary Sin infecting them (Depending on what sin the Demon who changed them followed) but there can be exceptions. Memories can return, and if, the human was strong enough in life, it's possible for them to rebel.

I'll tentatively accept this, only because you've made sure to justify why he'd fight against rather than for his realm. All in all though, good back story.

Cheers for the compliment. Is there anything you'd prefer I change though if it would make your life easier? Honestly everything you just said is stuff I wasn't really aware of in terms of the lore of this game. Specifically, I had no idea about the whole "memories don't often return" thing, but if you're happy that it doesn't breach the lore then I guess that doesn't need changing. I did vaguely remember about the tortured human thing which is why I tried to make his life as a human sound pretty depressing following corruption by a demon, but I could edit the story easily to make his "reincarnation" as a demon be 100 years after his death (so he spent a lot of time in Hell to be tormented).

More importantly, I must have forgotten that a demon had to be infected by a Primary Sin, because that does make Guy's destruction of his creator somewhat more difficult to explain away... I guess I was under the impression it could really be any kind of powerful demon which could theoretically recruit more souls to be demons and it was one of these such creatures which Guy destroyed. If this is not the case then I guess there are ways I could edit the backstory to make it fit better. Because I quite like the moment of catharsis when he destroys his "creator" I'd like to keep a version of that, but I could change the demon he destroyed to be some greater Wrath demon who was just sent to keep an eye on Guy. Alternatively, and more controversially, the thing he destroyed could have been an Avatar/close servant of our very own Wrath played by Bubby (with diminished powers naturally). Might add a little previous interaction between the two characters. Whatever the case, I'm happy to make changes if you'd like.