[Pathfinder] Loyalty to One's King [NC] [4 players so far, looking for more!]

Started by GloomCookie, July 23, 2012, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelic traces

I totally want in on this! My character still needs equipment, but I was wondering what the policy was on magic items. Are we allowed any and which books may I use?

Character Name: Marienne Harcourt
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Bard
Player Name: Angelic traces

Character Sheet.
Stat Rolls. I replaced the CHA with an 18 the way you said we should. =)

The build is a bit of a gamble, but I think she could be epic.

Character Concepts:
Youngest daughter of Lord (Earl?) Rickard Harcourt. Her father took her along on his military campaigns because she has a good head for planning and diplomacy. Marienne prefers to trip up her enemies rather than killing them straight out because frankly, she is a little put off by the sight of blood (low con). She doesn't have a lick of common sense but can talk her way out of almost anything. More

GloomCookie

Quote from: angelic traces on July 28, 2012, 05:17:40 PM
I totally want in on this! My character still needs equipment, but I was wondering what the policy was on magic items. Are we allowed any and which books may I use?

If it's listed on the Pathfinder SRD then I'm more than ok with it.  Reason I say that is because it's a handy reference for me and other players so... yeah.

Glad to see a bard actually.  Means we're getting some rounded characters =D
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Question Mark

Another classs built around CHA?  Badass!  Also, I love bards.  This is going to be an awesome game.

angelic traces

Me too. My gaming group always gives me such a hard time about rolling bards.

If anyone wants to conspire on backstory stuff, I would love to establish some character relationships before we get started. ^_^

Laughing Hyena

Well I can see where a bard and a priest that loves to party at a bar could have relations. She gets the tips and he gets the drink!

By the way Linna I have finished my sheet if you'll note.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=7624

Snake

Character Image (Not Required)
Character Name: Malik
Character Race: Half-elf
Character Class: Rogue
Player Name: Snake
Link to Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427551
Link to Stat Rolls: Don't have any, rolled them at home.

some of it is WIP as I"m not super familiar with pathfinder equipment.

GloomCookie

Laughing, I like the sheet so I'm happy to go with it.

Snake, I require character rolls so you can't flub your numbers.  I'm requiring them from everyone so please roll them.
My DeviantArt

angelic traces

Laughing you are totally right. Have you worked up any backstory for him yet?

Marienne's Character Sheet is finished as well. I think, tell me if there's anything I've forgotten or need to fix. =)

Laughing Hyena

Almost nil save for a name and perhaps his house name. I figured to keep it open for flexibility.

GloomCookie

My teeth hurt.

On an unrelated matter, Angelic, I don't see any problem except that you forgot your CMD.  Your CMD is calculated as: CMD = 10 + Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + special size modifier + miscellaneous modifiers, so in your case it would be... +15 I believe
My DeviantArt

angelic traces

Okay, all fixed. *bounces around thread* I'm so excited for this to start! ^_^

GloomCookie

Ok guys, so far I've got overwhelming approval for Matthew, so that game is going to start.  If you want to join that side, feel free.  I'll post the intro shortly :)
My DeviantArt

Laughing Hyena

Oh yes this is worthy of a drink! *drinks and sings*

He must have been an admiral or a sultan or a king.
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done to us, he's filled us up with cheer!
God Bless Charlie Hops the man who invented beer, beer beer.
Tiddly beer beer beer, tiddly beer beer beer.

The Lord Bless Charlie Hops! Hey!

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

drivebyte

Character Image (Not Required)
Character Name: Yngve Valdemar
Character Race: Human
Character Class: Fighter
Player Name: drivebyte
Link to Character Sheet: http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=39269 - so  I need some help on this one. I don't think I can just be really good at a few skills and need help with equipment.
Link to Stat Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3632275/ so instead of 15,14,13,12,10,6 --> 18,15,14,13,10,6 but then because the 6 is so miserable we just fudge it to a 10?

How do we do HP? I put the racial +2 into Dex but I'm interested in putting it into Strength :)

Laughing Hyena

Put it in cha since you don't need it and hp rolls are rolled normally. One chance at high numbers

Healergirl

This looks very interesting, lots of Cloak and Dagger to go with the Swords and Sorcery.

But... creating new characters is a pain in the rear, especially since I have one already made - albeit only 1st level at the moment.

So, how about a rogue, a member of the Kingdom's intelligence service?  Foreign affairs is possible, but I think her being a member of the Secret Police would work better.

For you consideration:

Belinda Starr

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8640

Belinda was more fortunate than a lot of pretty girls in the slums.  She belonged to a gang from a quite young age, acting as runner, spy, gofer.  Pretty much a matter of keeping her yes and ears open and not being noticed.  She excelled at carrying messages and blending in.  then the roof fell in.  A gang war, a nasty one and hers lost badly.

So she became a small time operator.  Carrying messages, picking up information and delivering word to interested parties, running shell games and the like in local taverns.  Posed as  a prostitute to scam drunken horny johns out of the money, She was very good at coming up with ways to avoid closing the deal.  Sometimes she used an ally to bust things up, sometimes she fast-talked her way out of actually putting out, sometimes the guy was just too drunk (with her subtle help) to rise to the occasion.  But she had to seal the deal often enough to know she did not want to do that for a living.  She grew up on the streets, she has seen what becomes of old whores.  She is an attractive young woman in her own right.  Cleaned up, dressed up, made up she becomes truly beautiful.  This  was a problem:  Very dangerous people were noticing her looks,  some of them reputed to be slavers.  And she noticed them.  Then somebody threw her a lifeline.

Well connected, possessed of considerable material esources, ruthless... her new sponsor was exactly what she needed.  After proving herself, the mask  was dropped...and she was informed that she was working for the crown, a member of the secret police.

But in time of civil war, a nation's intelligence service is as divided as any institution.  Who can she trust?  She doesn't know. But she knows that sooner rather than laterr she has to choose a side before a side chooses her.

GloomCookie

I like it.  PM me your choice on who to support and I'll get you started :)
My DeviantArt

Healergirl

Thank you, Linna!  I'll bump her up to Lvl 3 and let you know later today!

Snake

I'm sorry to say but I'll have to drop out. I've been trying tou se the die roller to save my stat rolls but I keep losing the data for it thanks to this damn filter I've got on due to this being a public compluter.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Snake on August 02, 2012, 12:23:48 PM
I'm sorry to say but I'll have to drop out. I've been trying tou se the die roller to save my stat rolls but I keep losing the data for it thanks to this damn filter I've got on due to this being a public compluter.

Can't you make an exception for the site?
My DeviantArt

Snake

I've been trying to; it gets to this site just fine but some others it won't display or it automatically deletes the data when you leave it. I don't have control over it since it's a library comp I'm on.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Snake on August 02, 2012, 01:27:38 PM
I've been trying to; it gets to this site just fine but some others it won't display or it automatically deletes the data when you leave it. I don't have control over it since it's a library comp I'm on.
Ah ok.  That's a bit odd.  Have you tried Open RPG?
My DeviantArt