News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Started by Drake Valentine, November 19, 2009, 09:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Hmm, unless I am doing something wrong or it takes 'time' for the avatar to switch over... I do hope this is the proper place to ask about this as well, though it does seem like a bug to me or something, not sure if this issue has come up before.

Any who...

How shall I explain it?

Let see, I guess I will start off with my current avatar, if everyone still sees it as the darkly enchanting guy with the hat and feather, I have uploaded that one to the site by direct loading and not the html style. Now then, most recently I tried to change it to something anew, however each time it has refused to let me switch over. These are the methods I tried.

First I attempt to do the link with the http style, the avatar of course uploaded, it has the new picture in the box in the profile, but on top left it still has my original enchanting image with the hat. *chuckles lightly* After such, I tried to remove the avatar by going to the option of no image at top, updating that, then I went and attempted to put the new avatar in again through http. It uploaded fine in the box in the summary, but once more at top my original is still there for some reason.

This I find a bit bothersome, it is like I glitched my original avatar permanently, help/advice? I have also tried direct uploading it but I get the same problem through the former methods in which I had used.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Bliss

It does sometimes take a little bit of time for you to be able to view your new avatar, unless you force-refresh; how long has the old one been persisting? Have you been getting any errors upon upload?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Drake Valentine

I have just recently added the new avatar a few moments ago to be honest, which I am again not sure of the time it takes to refresh or become visible to the community. I assumed it was something instant, unless I am mistaken on my own behalf of that point, in which case I apologize.

I haven't gotten any messaged errors or anything of that like. I have tried refreshing the entire page and also I have went about logging out and back in after I uploaded it but still my old is visible. Though in my profile set up my new there is in the box and visible.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Bliss

The avatar I'm seeing for you is very pale with a pointy chin, dark hair... looks like it's nibbling on a chain or a lock of hair between its lips? And has tattoo-like markings on its face. Red hat. Some sort of skull-like decoration at the throat. Is that the old or the new one?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

I just checked, and your profile and post avatars currently match for me.  Have you cleared your cache since you uploaded it?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Oniya on November 19, 2009, 09:42:04 PM
I just checked, and your profile and post avatars currently match for me.  Have you cleared your cache since you uploaded it?

Ah, there we go, thanks. Now I feel a bit silly. xD I didn't know if I was suppose to clear my cache too for it to recognize my new avatar for myself and here I was thinking it was a site issue or something.

Thanks for ya'lls help. ^_^

Vekseid

If you upload a file of the same type (.png, gif, jpg, etc), and you don't shift+refresh/reload afterward, you won't see a change for a full hour. By default images, etc. are set for a one-hour expiry.