The Missing Stone In The Graveyard (Any gender pairing, any genre)

Started by Nadir, February 25, 2010, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

'She' can be 'he', the Boneprince can be an 'ess' under the name - the pronouns are flexible

The Missing Stone In The Graveyard
Setting: Modern/Recent Historic Fantasy (think steampunk meets harry potter)
Plot: She was sent away from the city during the bomb raids, to a fretful little hamlet near a lake, to live with a distant cousin. Bored and unable to write to her friends, she explores the area - and finds the church graveyard. She finds the tombstones fascinating as they are often in rhyme and carved with great care. Towards the back, though, she finds an empty place where a stone should be stood - but it is just a bare patch of earth. She asks around and doesn't get an answer - but that night she dreams. Of the past. Of a opium den. Of taboo magics. Of the Boneprince. 
Desired Genders: Any
Desired Tag: Any
Notes: Could be anything from horror to dark romance. This is set - to start with - in modern times but with a twist on history so there is a third world war going on (but without nuclear or hydrogen bombs, so not a MAD situation) and with a dash of fantasy, where magic is outlawed, vampires and werewolves stalk the fringes and science is stuck a hundred years in the past. Necromancy, a time paradox, drugs and obsession. It's going to be wild.

Mnemaxa

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.