Aethyrium

U n p e n n e d P a g e s

Aethyrium's 1x1 Ideas

S t a t u s • Selectively Seeking
S p e e d • 2+ Replies per week
W h e r e • Elliquiy Forum Threads
W h o • Any player, with any tag
Hello friends,

Thank you for peeking into my idea search thread. I have done a (mostly) reasonable job of outlining those things I like and dislike in my O/O thread, Among Dreams. I have spent most of my time on Elliquiy doing group games, but I have recently come to appreciate some smaller, more personal ideas that are more easily explored in this format. Someday, there will be a nice list in my O/O thread where you can see what I've written - until then you'll need to jump into my posting history if you're particularly curious; however you can take a peek at some of the characters I have written over at Ink In Motion, my not-entirely-up-to-date character repository. Beyond that, here are some things to know so you can sort out if you might be interested in going further:

My requests are split into two types - Long Story Requests and Short Story Requests. This delineation is intended, primarily, to allow me to present smaller ideas - the short stories - that are interesting, but I don't think have the 'juice' to be more than a scene or two. I would expect most short story ideas to be wrapped up in less than 50 posts. However, this is not a limit, and if a short story idea sparks something larger, that's excellent. But in an effort to be story-completion minded, it gives me a way to communicate my general expectations about the ideas length in an easy way. In short, short stories could be thought of as individual scene ideas I'm interested in writing, whereas long stories are more full blown comprehensive ideas.

I largely prefer plot-based stories. The whole plot doesn't need to be worked out right away, as I am an enormous fan of ongoing evolution and development, but I do think stories should have a general idea of where they are going lest they meander forever. I do expect plot, in whatever form that takes, to be a central focus throughout, and before I jump into anything I enjoy forming a solid foundation to work from - how detailed that foundation is will vary from idea to idea, of course. Ideally, any idea should be malleable enough to incorporate everyone's ideas.

I am looking for individuals with a strong grasp of writing fundamentals like spelling and grammar, but also the ability to be engaging and progress a story with each movement - too many things die, fifty posts deep in the same thirty minute span! Linger to enjoy it, but know when it's time to proceed. Quality over quantity is a good trade off as far as I'm concerned, and some scenes just don't have a lot to say - but beware an excess of one liners. Conversely the opposite is true and some scenes crave a long post - thousands of words potentially - and you should be willing to write those too when a scene asks for it (but also have a good reason for it, excessive irrelevant narration does both of us no good!).

Strong characters that are well developed is the best way to hook me, while the opposite is a quick way to drive me to cutting a story short. Characters that are all powerful, socially perfect, or any other form of absolute are unlikely to get far. Strengths should be balanced - and perhaps even exceeded - by weaknesses, a good and a bad, multi-dimensional. They should have a background that is believable for the setting and the story being written, and a personality that extends beyond a cookie-cutter dramatization of one or two key points.

I am happy to write F x M, F x F, and M x M, I am non-binary and trans friendly. I write virtually anywhere along the spectrum of sexualities, including nonromantic and nonsexual. I have no preference as to what any player writes, so long as they can do it convincingly. Where and when required I am willing to write multiple characters - and often prefer doing so - and hope that you will be able and willing to do that same.

I am selective with my time, and rarely pick up anything I'm not interested in finishing out. If I turn down a story offer, please don't take it personally - it likely has nothing to do with you, and is merely a reflection of this selectiveness and my wanting to be certain we will be compatible and that the story presented will be engaging. This is a hobby I have had for a long time, and I know better to try and force compatibility where I don't feel it.

Finally, when it comes to smut, I approach it - usually - with a "it happens" mindset. These are adult stories, about adult people, and sex is likely to play a part in that. When I'm looking to write smut scenes, I can't say I have a particular ratio of story to smut. Instead I am looking for two things - is it a natural evolution of the narrative that grounds it, and will playing out that specific scene be engaging and add to the overall development of the greater story in someway. However that can change wildly between stories, and some premises just naturally lean more that direction, and that too is fine.

Please do not reply to this thread, and instead private message if you are interested.

I rate things with , the more, the better. Keep an eye out for , fire means craving!

Aethyrium

───╞ Reserved ╡───

Aethyrium

───╞ Reserved ╡───

Aethyrium

───╞ Reserved ╡───

Aethyrium

I added some clarification about what I'm looking for to the story The Unfortunate Opposition of Needs and Wants. I also added two new story ideas: The Rise and Fall of Legends, and Inheritance.

Moved the story Inheritance to the newly created taken plot section. Broke up the thread a little, with plans to do more sculpting in future updates. Added new story idea: An Intimate Finale.

Entire new (and far better) layout! Pruned ideas. Added Duality, a re-imagination of The Unfortunate Opposition of Needs and Wants. More ideas to be added soon, now that a layout I like has been established.

Added Sugar, Sugar, and The Fall of Ra Bin Su.

The Fall of Ba Rin Su was taken. Sugar, Sugar lowered to two 's from four.

Added The Age of Sin.

The Age of Sin was taken. Sugar, Sugar was removed.

Default story/smut ratio adjust from 80/20 to 65/35 as a general starting point.

Replaced story/smut ratio with a more accurate measuring stick.

Updated Status and Speed. Added Seven Years Later.

Seven Years Later was taken.

Added three stories: Twin Flames of the Leaf, Relocated Feelings, and Spy Game. Also made minor corrections in the first post, and updated Status.

Spy Game was taken.

Relocated Feelings was taken. Twin Flames of the Leaf lowered to one from four.

Adjusted story preferences section, and added thoughts about 'Long Story' requests and 'Short Story' requests.

Removed Twin Flames of the Leaf.