News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

RWBY Unofficial Tabletop RPG

Started by Florence, February 09, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Made big edits to sheet. Tried to keep formatting similar to sheet provided on pdf, feel free to steal. Don't wanna start picking modifications too much before we get a word from GM since I want to think up some custom ones.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Atkinson

Quote from: Florence on March 05, 2016, 09:45:27 AM
I don't have any particular attachment to the last name, if you've got any better suggestions.

Mulling the family name thing over, in keeping with your Chinese theme and the fact that Baijiu's color is white, and how I was tending towards green or blue, this is what I've come up with: Qīnghuā (青花) It's more or less 'Blue & White' in English, and is the Chinese name for a particular variety of porcelain.  In keeping with this, I think I might name my character Sui (水), which is basically 'water'.  In Japanese, this is also the same letter for Mizu.  It can also be used as 'to follow' or 'follower', which might be thematically appropriate if she's the younger of the two.  She probably westernizes it as Sue when being all casual/informal and such.

Sui "Sue" Qīnghuā
Color: Teal Blue
Symbol: A stylized, flowing blue fox
Heritage: Faunus
Height: 5' (152cm)
Hair: Silvery voluminous hair, often braided in a variety of styles
Eyes: Piercing, icy blue

Attributes
1 - Strength
5 - Agility
0 - Endurance
4 - Perception
2 - Willpower
4 - Discipline

Derived statistics
5 / 5 - Health
11/11 - Aura
5 / 5 - Capacity

Semblance: Think Fast! Sui's Semblance causes her mind to operate at an incredible pace.  From her perspective time seems to slow down, although she isn't capable of moving any faster than she normally can.  While active, Sui is afforded an immense amount of time to observe her surroundings and consider her next course of action.  The more she uses her Semblance, the better she should get at reading an opponent's body language and anticipating their next move.  Sui still has a lot of learning to do though, and still makes errors and misjudgements.

Weapon: Time & Tide
Melee Variant: Paired Dustblade Swords                   Ranged Variant: Dual Pistols
Melee Accuracy Bonus: Precise (STR+AGI)              Ranged Accuracy Bonus: Accurate (AGI+PER)
Description:Nearly identical in design, and both almost as long as Sui is tall, Time and Tide appear to be much heavier weapons than someone of her stature might normally choose to employ. However, Sui compensates for the unwieldy nature of her weapons largely through a solid understanding of force and momentum, to say nothing of her dependency upon her Semblance to guide the pair with an uncanny precision.  In the hands of anyone else, these two swords would probably belong to a more aggressive weapon class.

Modifications: Additional Weapon
Dust: Blue (Water)
Phials: Douse, Fog, Wither

Personality
At first glance, Sui seems quiet and guarded.  This is an accurate first impression, as a lifetime of Faunus discrimination combined with her smaller stature has made her somewhat introverted and cautious by nature when it comes to dealing with strangers.  That said, among those she's familiar with and trusts, she's actually quite cheerful and maybe even a little outgoing.

Sui likes reading and other quiet passtimes, preferring such pursuits to louder or more physically demanding activities.  Unsurprisingly, she's a treasure-trove of information, but at the same time her knowledge can sometimes cause her to get caught up in details when sharing what she knows.  Sui possesses a wisdom uncommon among others her age and in spite of that apparent wisdom, she often stays up almost until the crack of dawn, is never up before noon unless she has to be, and thrives on a steady diet of junk food and incredibly sugary things.

Outfit
Sui tends to wear a light, silken blouse underneath a black waistcoat, which in turn is over top of a shiny black sleeveless but otherwise full bodysuit.  A skirt is commonplace when she doesn't expect a fight, but when she anticipates combat she tends not to bother with it.  Similarly, she's sometimes seen sporting an eye-catching teal blue cloak.  In spite of possessing a fox's tail, and not ears like her sister does, her cloak sports a hood with two pronounced ear-like protrusions that could accommodate such ears.  (Sui suspects her cloak was originally meant for someone other than herself.)  Similar to her skirt, she may not choose to wear her cloak if she expects a fight.  Keenly aware of her height, Sui relies on a pair of platform boots to try and make herself taller, but the sad truth is that their effect is minimal.

Notes
Baijiu's fraternal twin sister.  Younger, but only by minutes!

Sue's 'Flowing Fox' Emblem

Hopping on the theme song bandwagon!
Her Definitely Not-fighting Song

Leodran

Holy cow, you guys and gals are certainly running right along with character creation, that's fantastic.  I'll try to work up an OOC thread for us so that everyone can post their characters there.

I don't want to mess around with the cannon too much, so I'd like to keep the teams at four.  That being said I'm fine with having the teams be 3 players and 1 NPC that tends to stay in the background, it gives me an easy way to interact with each of the teams.  Open to discussion and options on that idea.

I haven't had a chance to look over everyone's preferences just yet.  Florence it was also your idea originally.  Are we considering having any non-con in here, or keeping it away from that and more in line with the series?

Sain

Woo, we didn't drive GM away with over enthusiasm!

Also that recolor is pretty sharp. She looks very fluffy.

FarFetched

Hm, the only non con thing about Lionel will be his teammates' forced exposure to him wearing nothing but an apron and short shorts when cooking in the morning.

Revelation

2 teams of 3 players with 1 NPC each seems apt to me. Since we kinda have another character(s) named after something white, I might change Vance's name.

As for non-con elements, I personally don't see it happening much? At least not with Vance, he's not that kinda guy. He's more the type to be romantic than forceful in that way. Assuming there is a chance for romance, of course.

Florence

Quote from: Leodran on March 06, 2016, 09:03:48 AM
Holy cow, you guys and gals are certainly running right along with character creation, that's fantastic.  I'll try to work up an OOC thread for us so that everyone can post their characters there.

I don't want to mess around with the cannon too much, so I'd like to keep the teams at four.  That being said I'm fine with having the teams be 3 players and 1 NPC that tends to stay in the background, it gives me an easy way to interact with each of the teams.  Open to discussion and options on that idea.

I haven't had a chance to look over everyone's preferences just yet.  Florence it was also your idea originally.  Are we considering having any non-con in here, or keeping it away from that and more in line with the series?

Hmmm... I'm kinda of the mind that I don't know if I really see non-con stuff happening, but I'm not like... rigidly opposed to it or anything.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Sain

I wasn't planning on Vanilja getting initiating any non-con or much smut for that matter. Kind of looking to play the adorable, comedic aspect of RWBY :P Although I suppose if there is good situation for some pure romance between PCs that could be cool too.

Florence

Quote from: Sain on March 06, 2016, 03:26:02 PM
I wasn't planning on Vanilja getting initiating any non-con or much smut for that matter. Kind of looking to play the adorable, comedic aspect of RWBY :P Although I suppose if there is good situation for some pure romance between PCs that could be cool too.

Well, as far as romance goes, it wouldn't be RWBY without some shipping, now would it? 8D
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Sain

FarFetched

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 06, 2016, 01:47:20 PM
2 teams of 3 players with 1 NPC each seems apt to me. Since we kinda have another character(s) named after something white, I might change Vance's name.

Hmm, lets take a look at colors for a second... So far, I think our colors are

Vance Tanner- White/Black Rusty Tanner - Red (Subject 2 change)
Iris Orion- White
Vanilja Crepes- Vanilla Cream
Baijiu (Qīnghuā?)- White/Vanilla
Sui Qīnghuā- Blue/Teal
Lionel Bronto Goldman- Yellow/Gold

So, we've got a large amount of white-ish players at the present, we could definitely use another color!

I'm also thinking up team names too, but I wanna wait for the final names to come through, and to know whom wants to be in whose team.

Revelation

Quote from: FarFetched on March 06, 2016, 05:43:22 PM
Hmm, lets take a look at colors for a second... So far, I think our colors are

Vance Tanner- White/Black (Subject 2 change)
Iris Orion- White
Vanilja Crepes- Vanilla Cream
Baijiu (Qīnghuā?)- White/Vanilla
Sui Qīnghuā- Blue/Teal
Lionel Bronto Goldman- Yellow/Gold

So, we've got a large amount of white-ish players at the present, we could definitely use another color!

I'm also thinking up team names too, but I wanna wait for the final names to come through, and to know whom wants to be in whose team.

I might go with Rusty (red), Rusty Tanner.

One idea to make team naming easier, though i'm not sure if most people might be up for this...

Work out the team names first. You work those out - then you figure out the character names. That would make it easier to make a team name that fits, but I dunno how attached people are to character names. random idea.

FarFetched

I Actually have more than a few in mind-

Works with 4 players (NPC Can Substitute Any)
VILT - Violet

VOLT, VQLT- Volt,

VLTS- Volts

CBLT- Cobalt

SIGR- Sugar

Works With 3 Players (And One NPC)
RIVR- River

SOUL- Soul

GQRD- Gourd

LIQN- Lion

CRIM- Crimson

COLD- Cold

BOLD- Bold

QPIL- Opal

OBSD- Obsidian

GBOG- Gamboge

TIGR- Tiger

GROW- Grow

LIGR- Liger(Lion-tiger)

BLOD- Blood

BORD- Board

BISM- Bismuth

There are others of course, so it shouldn't be too hard.

FarFetched

But beyond all that- who here wants to be with whom?

I remember Atkinson said she wanted Sue to be in Lionel's team; Did anyone else have a preference? If not, one thing that might decide the teams are whether or not the Qīnghuā sisters want to be in the same team or not.

Revelation

Lionel and Welkin/Rusty fill similar roles (big guys) even if some of the specifics differ, so, I think it best we both get on different teams personally, just one team isn't lopsided in that way.

Florence

Quote from: FarFetched on March 06, 2016, 07:12:19 PM
But beyond all that- who here wants to be with whom?

I remember Atkinson said she wanted Sue to be in Lionel's team; Did anyone else have a preference? If not, one thing that might decide the teams are whether or not the Qīnghuā sisters want to be in the same team or not.

It would be neat if the sister's were in the same team, though we could obviously still make things fun if they weren't.

Atkinson

I definitely won't say no to having the giant manly man on Sue's team, but I admit when I first suggested it, it was mostly for comedy fun.  Of course, if they wind up on the same team, great!

In the case of the twins, I'm torn between thinking they'd be best on the same team for family/synergy/rivalry shenanigans, or best split up, and functioning as kind of a bridge between the two different teams and help serve as an excuse for cooperation between their respective teams.  I really like the idea of the former the best, but I can't help but think the latter might be more practical depending on Leodran's grand GM master plan. :)

FarFetched

Sounds totally fine! That means the team names could be: (Bolding the team leader)

Lionel, Sui, Baijiuu, XXX --- GQLB (pronounced 'Gold' with the color yellow, since a B kinda looks like a D?)
Lionel, Sui, Baijiuu, XXX --- SQUL (pronounced 'Soul' with the color teal)
Lionel, Sui, Baijiuu, XXX --- BQLD (Pronounced 'Bold' with the color black)

and

Rusty, Iris, Vanilja, XXX --- RIVR (pronounced "River", could also be WIVR if Rusty becomes Welkin and still be pronounced the same way)
Rusty, Iris, Vanilja, XXX --- ORCD (Pronounced "Orchid" with the color violet-pink)
Rusty, Iris, Vanilja, XXX --- VLIT or CRIM (pronounced "Violet" or "Crimson", with self-explanatory colors.)

Or, of course, anything else y'all can think up.

Revelation

Both overall team compositions look fine to me! Most of the names look good, I admit i'm partial to the sound of team RIVR as far as names go, but ORCD and VLIT sound good as well!

FarFetched

Eheh, yeah, some of them aren't the best.

Revelation

Quote from: FarFetched on March 06, 2016, 08:25:01 PM
Eheh, yeah, some of them aren't the best.

Nonsense! Don't sell yourself short. I'd find it hard to make a good team name out of some of these names myself.

Atkinson

Since Florence was the one who kicked this all off, I think Baijiu should have the option to be team leader by default.

Until we know the name of our illustrious fourth member, I'll hold off on team name thinking!  It's tricky to do at the best of times!

FarFetched

When I was making them I thought it'd be easier to assume that the initials of the NPCs could be anything, so the GM could use the best ones when making the chars. It makes team-naming 100 times easier XD

Florence

I like the team names :D

And I'm happy to have Baijiu be the team leader if you'd like.

Also, Chinghua works!

Revelation

Sooo, who'll B-team leader be? Anyone on our group wanna hash that out?