You know you are a grownup if...

Started by Captain Maltese, June 29, 2011, 01:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylk

You tell your mother she has to smoke on the porch because no one is allowed to smoke in your house.  Then when she says; "You're kidding me."  You hit her with.... "my house, my rules"  that you heard over and over and over again as a child.

(yes, I did that... probably 20 years ago.)
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Captain Maltese

If saturday night no longer automatically calls for going partying - even if you are living alone.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

lenka

you think of the consequences to your actions...

Lidian

You actually WANT to spend all day Sunday at home resting.

despickable

You say that the music the kids play today isn't music and that its up too loud and songs were better when i was young

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Captain Maltese

If you no longer drink alcohol in order to get drunk, but to enjoy the taste.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Captain Maltese on July 01, 2011, 12:05:53 PM
If your guns are no longer plastic toys.

If you no longer think it would be cool to haul up a water pistol and unload it in the face of a stranger.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Xandria

You spend New Years Eve putting together the Ikea furniture you bought yourself for Christmas.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Ensilumi

If you're perfectly happy with getting a fridge for Christmas (and didn't even want video games or anything)

Captain Maltese

If you leave a mall emptyhanded because there was nothing you needed.

Sybl

You stay home on a Saturday night alone and are okay with it.