Typing delays

Started by Mithlomwen, October 01, 2010, 01:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

So I have a wireless key board that has been working fine up until yesterday.  Now unless my key board is in a certain spot, I have typing delays.   I have the little adapter plugged into the USB port in the back of my tower, and even tried switching it to the port in the front, but that didn't seem to help.  I'm just wondering if there's something that I can do to help it work properly.  I type fairly fast, so having it delay like that is frustrating.  Not to mention the spot the keyboard has to be in, in order to avoid the delay isn't exactly comfortable for typing for long periods. 

Any ideas that might help? 

Thanks!

(oh I also changed the batteries in it as well thinking it might be that, but no dice either)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Cecilia

Mine does that too.  I thought it had to do with whether or not the iphone was plugged in...but it appears to happen more randomly than that.  I tend to jiggle the usb port thingy and it starts working just fine.  I'm ready to go for a wired keyboard again, because the delay is utterly frustrating.

Aeval

I have a laptop..and there are typing delays also..it is frustrating because then I post and see that I have typos that I did not know were even in there!

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Mithlomwen

Yeah it's really a pain when I'm trying to type in an IM screen and it does that too.  It will miss letters sometimes, or add extra letters in, and I don't notice it until after I've hit send and then look like a moron for all of the typos. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Cecilia

For a while, I ONLY had the delays on Elliquiy...not on FB or IM.  But, my mouse skitters around in strange ways as well.  I think the wireless keyboards and mice are short lived products.

Mithlomwen

Well the bad part about it is, this wireless keyboard is BRAND NEW.  My old one didn't have this issue, so I'm not sure what to do with this one. 
Baby, it's all I know,

Cecilia

Does restarting the computer help?  It sometimes works for me....

Mithlomwen

Yeah, I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to help much.   :-\
Baby, it's all I know,

Soran

I've had the same issues..it was a expensive ms elite package. Was unable to resolve the issues so I bought a cheap usb extension lead and dusted off the old keyboard...works for me, but you may not have that luxury...

Oreo

Is it new enough to return? Under Warranty?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Mithlomwen

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I was able to figure out the problem.  With the keyboard came an extension type cord, that plugs into the USB port, and you then plug in the little sensor to the other end and can set it down like right next to the monitor, and it's been working fine ever since.  >.> 

Sometimes you just have to be smarter than the stuff in the box I suppose.

*coughs and blushes* 
Baby, it's all I know,