5th Ed D&D - The Legend of Dryad Wood

Started by Devil's Advocate, April 12, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

If Andy is making a warlock, i'll make a paladin then! I should be able to play nice with a warlock.  O:)

AndyZ

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 03:39:26 PM
If Andy is making a warlock, i'll make a paladin then! I should be able to play nice with a warlock.  O:)

Going the more "benevolent and insane" than "evil" route ^_^ Should be able to play nice with a paladin too.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

JoanieSappho

As for genders, halfling cleric is physically male, although they look, live and think of themselves more as female. Cute little thing, though, if a little bit incredibly innocent and naive.

Revelation

By the way, Devils Advocate, how many points is epic point buy? I'm not seeing any different amounts for point buy in the PHB so it may be a DMG thing.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Muse on April 13, 2015, 02:51:41 PM
  Can we give sumaries of what we want to submit in here?  I'd like ot fill a party roll. 

This is an original setting?  What pantheons are availble if I'd like to use a cleric?

We're in Greyhawk setting.

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 03:44:22 PM
By the way, Devils Advocate, how many points is epic point buy? I'm not seeing any different amounts for point buy in the PHB so it may be a DMG thing.

No, it was a Pathfinder thing and I was confusing my point buy systems.  The point buy system is 27 points per the PH.

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 03:39:26 PM

Rare to see anyone go the paladin route.  Though, in 5E, you don't have to be LG (or lawful stupid as many played paladins).
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Revelation

Gotcha, so standard point buy. Just had to ask to figure that out.

And I love paladins, I don't play the lawful dumb types either!

Since we have 2 people with bird girl avatars interested in this game I take that as an auspicious sign!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 04:13:58 PM
Gotcha, so standard point buy. Just had to ask to figure that out.

And I love paladins, I don't play the lawful dumb types either!

Since we have 2 people with bird girl avatars interested in this game I take that as an auspicious sign!

So, so far, I see a paladin, a warlock and cleric....  Warlock and cleric beginnings have been submitted to me.  Good stuff. 

I do probably need to know from all of you why you're coming to Dryad Wood or whether you're a native of the town/city....
O/o's

A/a's

RubySlippers

A CG Half-orc Ranger maybe, a local gal whose parents are Half-orcs of "good character".

Etherealgirl

I'll be making my character tomorrow and submitting.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 13, 2015, 02:52:01 PM
I'm interested, then, if room isn't an issue... I'm currently trying to get back into things, but once I'm confident I'm keeping up with the games I'm in, I could submit a character.

Room is not an issue.  Create away. 

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2015, 03:16:41 PM
I was gonna go with my halfling druid, too.  ;D Oh well, she can wait!

Well, I'm good for anything except rogue - i'm all rogued out. Maybe something heavy melee. Or... y'know I haven't really given the warlocks a look. Hmmmm. Brainstorming time!

No dissing rogues!  That's my chosen class!  :P

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 13, 2015, 05:09:30 PM
A CG Half-orc Ranger maybe, a local gal whose parents are Half-orcs of "good character".

Ruby, the locals in Dryad Wood are humans, elves and half-elves.  A half-orc really would not fit.  Ranger would be very good, though.

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 13, 2015, 05:35:55 PM
I'll be making my character tomorrow and submitting.

Looking forward to reading it!
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

I'm not dissing rogues, I've just made like... eight of the things for various games recently. it's kind of like cupcakes. everyone loves cupcakes... until you're on cupcake #15 and you're like "man, fuck cupcakes."

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2015, 11:33:40 PM
I'm not dissing rogues, I've just made like... eight of the things for various games recently. it's kind of like cupcakes. everyone loves cupcakes... until you're on cupcake #15 and you're like "man, fuck cupcakes."

I don't know.  I don't think I could tire of cupcakes.  :)  LOL  But, yeah, every once in awhile you want to do something different.  I get it.  However, when I game, most people count on me to create the rogue, because I excel at it, and nobody else does it as a result, so....  Victim of our own successes?
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

I'll likely get something in later tomorrow after work.

Etherealgirl

Submitted a character, hope to be approved and play! :D

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 14, 2015, 09:37:10 AM
Submitted a character, hope to be approved and play! :D

Was looking at it between court files.  The only thing that caught my eye in skim is that you seemed to list a feat.  Not sure how you got one of those at 1st level but perhaps I missed something in your character's race or I was just skimmed too quickly.
O/o's

A/a's

Etherealgirl

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 14, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
Hmm. A feat? Ill check that out.

Like I said, I skimmed rather quickly.  Will be doing more looking in depth at folks after I crank out this brief.
O/o's

A/a's

Muse

Well, if you use the human version designed for the system that uses feats? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Etherealgirl

Nah, I'm gonna play a halfling druid. I checked and I don't see any feats on my sheet. They are all racial traits.

Muse

Is anyone applying with a barbarian? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Etherealgirl

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

CeruleanSerenity

I'm currently thinking bard, barbarian, or wizard... leaning wizard though, or bard if the group needs one. So if you have a barbarian in mind, don't hesitate on my account. Archery-focused fighter is also an option.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 14, 2015, 02:03:35 PM
I'm currently thinking bard, barbarian, or wizard... leaning wizard though, or bard if the group needs one. So if you have a barbarian in mind, don't hesitate on my account. Archery-focused fighter is also an option.

I don't think that I've seen anyone mention wizard as of yet.  Might be a good lean.  However, I can make a party of whatever work.  Numbers are no issue either.  In fact, I encourage them.  Worst case scenario, I have two parties at some point.  Makes for some epic times.
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

2 characters looking fine re: stats (both halflings).  Please remember those traits, flaws, etc. are there for a reason.  Help me with some background on your characters.  If you need information from me regarding the environment, that's not a problem.  Just PM me. 

Let's get some more characters in so I can create the group and get this show on the road. 
O/o's

A/a's