Re-Awakening a Dream (BrainStormRequestedforVamp,WereandZombieidea)

Started by Milanthe, January 31, 2012, 11:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milanthe

Allright, I had an idea long ago and had posted it, but alas, it did not pan out due to the usual banes of multiplayer games.  Now, however, I do have an idea that is perhaps related to it, but is more along the lines of a VERY detailed dream I had last night.  I'm looking for a group of people to help me fill out this world to play in and then to help make a central plot for us all to play around in.  I do have an idea for the two characters I wish to play, which should be made obvious in the following brain vomit that I am now pasting.  It's a little disjointed and ill written, perhaps, but as I said, it did come from a dream, and I pretty much ran to my computer to type it all up before I could forget.  More races than the initial four(five if you count humans) are welcome.  I'm sorry this is so long, but all I can say is I pretty much regurgitated my dream last night here.

The Four Main Races brought to the forfront of the human masses eyes

The thing that scientists have come to find 'causes' vampireism or wereism is a viral and bacterial hybrid.  There is obviously some magic involved, they admit, due to how the stuff acts and how the infected behave.  The thing to cause Zombieism, is also a hybrid, but it is unlike the others as it doesn't have a mystical beginning or end or result.  The microorganism kills it's victems with a high fever and then repairs and reawakens parts of the brain needed for the victem to 'live'.  More detail on zombies will be in the zombie section. 

Vampire - These creatures have been around for ages, born of Judas' betrayal, they steer clear of silver, though they do have a love of shiney things.  They were elated when platinum came to be popular and available.  Stakes can kill them, yes, but it's more the destruction of their heart.  They can recover from such a blow, however, given time and blood.  If you wish to kill them, it's better to either A. Completely Destroy the heart or B. Completely remove it.  They have an aversion to Garlic and other strong smelling foods/things as their senses are so much better than humans, they can eat, but prefer not to with how their bodies have changed to accept and use the blood they consume to replace the rotting blood that they have to expel (like humans do down the toilet).  They do need to be invited in, but it doesn't have to be verbal or by the owner of the abode.  If someone who just happens to be inside pulls them in, they will be fine.  If they attempt to enter a place where someone is currently inside and they haven't had permission to enter, however, they will find themselves doing anything and everything they can to avoid going inside.  Instinctualy scared to come into the place.  With this aversion, no one but the eldest of vampires knows what will happen to a vampire who comes in without being invited.  Vampires usually congregate in Covens, having learned that being sociable with others is safer than life alone for most.  Many covens circle around at least two old vampires that act as their leaders, what these leaders are called varies with their preferences (from King and Queen to something as simple as 'boss'.).  Why two?  Mainly because these vampires do get a bit 'tired' with life, and so every hundred years or so, they trade off who runs the deal and more or less go to sleep for a long time before waking up again to learn about the world anew and trade off leadership again. 

Werewolf - Surprisingly new, at least to the world of the Supernatural.  They were born of the Indian Tribes, their shaman's trying to protect them from the onslought of the European's invading their territory.  There are more than just wolves, but in the US, anything else is rare.  It isn't too uncommon to find a Weremountainlion, however, as they were one of the other popular animals way back when.  The magick used to turn the shamans to protect their people was perminant when they made the choice, and so any who survived their bite found themselves turning to a Wolf at midnight.  Like the English cold to NE American tribes, the curse of the werewolf did a number on the invading Europeans as an illness that they hadn't witnessed before.  The men turning at midnight and killing those around him.  Those that survived joining him the next night.  Eventually women were turned as well.  It's unknown how it came to Europe while ships were still the main transportation.  As a Were gets older, they do have more and more control over themselves.  The animal inside still veyes for influence, but they are usually able to gain more control.  Wolves do have very long lives, but they do die of old age.  Their afliction can be passed through either a bite or from mother to child.  Strangely enough, it isn't passed like an STD, so it is possible to have a Were father and a human mother and be human yourself, however, unless their father is older, there is a great chance that both mother and child will be turned by his animal when it's the chance to let loose, the animal unable to stand a mate that is not it's match.  It is also not uncommon for the animal to kill any children born before the mother is turned, seeing them a bit like a lion does another lion's cubs - a threat.  As time has gone on, Were's have formed groups much like the Vampire's covens, Packs.  But with their youth, they are still learning to keep their packs together.  There is often fighting amongst each other as they fight each other, themselves and their animals.  This has caused no two packs to be alike.  Unlike the stories, instead of having an aversion to silver, copper is their bane, speculation being that it is one of the first man made metals, and therefore the representation of man moving away from what nature intended.  Vampires and Wolves aren't mortal enemies, but they don't get along well as a rule, as a bite from either to either can prove fatal, even between lovers a small and playful bite can turn deadly.  As knowledge of non-humans is making front page news, however, they are trying to work together to keep things under control, Vampires stepping back from the more interactive and bloody mess of keeping non-humans in line as they have in the past to put forward a calm and in control demenor for the public eye while the wolves populate themselves to take up the slack left behind.

Zombie - As stated before, zombies are caused like the others by a microorganism that is a viral and bactierial hybrid.  And unlike the others, it is not a natural occurance made by god or man's mistakes.  It was rather made simply by one man's mistake, trying to find a cure for Vampireism without really knowing what a vampire was.  Dr. Henry Logirie found his wife and son had been turned while he was away for Doctors without Borders, and as neither were allowed to contact him by their Coven leader, and all he knew were stories, he did the only thing he could - he tried to find a cure to administer when he finally could see them.  His attempt, however, ended up in his wife and son becoming the first Zombies.  He managed to escape their onslought, but was soon overcome by their 'children' as time went on.  It is his work that ultimately leads to the world as it is today.  Zombies thankfully didn't take over the world, Vampires having a head start on culling it.  But they are still a problem that pops up now and then.  If it hadn't been for their creation, however, Vampires and Werewolves and other creatures would still be in the background, hiding from humans to continue their existance.  The Vampires used the Z to paint themselves in a slightly less bloody light and to introduce themselves to the world, starting in the United States where the zombies originated.  So far, the US is the only country to recognize that such creatures exist, though France and Iceland have been rumored to have started reserves for more mythical creatures than the Vampires and Werewolves that the US has officially recognized.  Only two major cities have been destroyed by Zombie Outbreaks so far in the US, Sacremento, CA & Madison, WI.  A few small towns and cities have been overcome as well, along with more in other countries, but the affect is nothing like what Hollywood made Zombie outbreaks to be, seeing as it's been over 30 years and the World is still running. 

Hunters - Immune to all three of the above, it's not well known that their blood can act as a temporary cure.  It must be applied to a bite that's been forced to bleed till it's just red, all bites save Vampire getting infected at a phenominal rate, it's usually quite obvious where the bite is.  Even Vampire's bites however, will have some puss and clear lymph to come out before the blood can be applied.  It's best to let the blood drip on the wound, if there is a knife handy, splitting the skin to join any holes/remove the skin inside of the bitten area is best.  It will leave a worse scar with Werewolf or Zombie bite, but the odds of surviving/not being turned are better.  Hunters are rare, but much sought after by the Vampire community.  Some leaders will even go as far to make a firstborn Hunter by exposing them to the three curses at the same time.  It must be at the same exact time, even a half a second in delay of when one recieves them, and either the first one to be introduced wil take over, or the two that were first together will kill the individual.  Even a successful exposure may kill the individual, however, as when introduced to each other, the curses react to each other violently - causing harm to the person in the aftermath.  It is due to this that they are so rare.  It is however, hereditary, as when they are exposed at the same time with the same amount, usually using injections of blood, the virus/bacterial hybrids of each curse is left behind and their body is given a chance to grow immune to the diseases.  First Generation Hunter's are usually fairly weak(or rather have only human strength), however, their reaction to the curses inside somehow causes their children to have stronger bodies.  Not as strong as the curses, but they can put up a fight better.  Any generation however, has a strong resiliance due to their survival of being exposed.  They can bleed more than normal humans, which is the reason for Vampires coveting them.  Their blood also seems to have a strange effect on Vampires and Wolves, making them feel stronger, their blood and flesh also have a reputed sweet taste, though it's not known for true among many, as Vampire leaders oft keep them close at hand and feed from them almost exclusively.  It is unknown how the first Hunter came to be, all anyone knows is that the first one showed up ten years after the first zombies alongsize Moira, one of the oldest Vampires who has taken her coven to reside in Dallas, Tx.  The first is regretably dead now, but her daughter is near twenty years old. 

Two for certain Characters:

Dallas' First Vampire Coven Leader and the unofficial creator of the Hunters:  Moira.  Moira is about as old as Vampires come, mysterious and oft watchful, it seems there's nothing she doesn't know.  Rumors are she was Judas' lover before he passed, and was one of the first vampires if not The First to be turned by the Original that was Judas.  The old ones however, are very resillient in keeping from the rest who exactly is the first, not wanting their fledglings to flock for such an inane reason.  Moira is not her original name, and few know what it was because every time she reawakens, she takes on a new name to match the times.  Moira just happened to be her favorite name to hear when she awoke the last time.  At the time of this game, she is preparing to sleep again and has banned her leading partner from drinking the blood of her pet Hunter, Kay, until the girl is twenty, an occurrence that will happen only a couple of months after when she plans to sleep.  Twenty being the age that has been decided on as it's the traditional age for 'pets', non vampire beings that vampires keep around, to be allowed to offer their blood.  Pets are usually humans favored by a vampire, and usually are only fed upon by the vampire that favors them.  Twenty being decided as a good age as in medieval times and earlier, this has usually been enough for them to have a family and fulfilling life in case death should occur from blood loss.  For a pet that belongs to a Vampire Leader, however, this ownership is transfered to another when one goes to sleep, or else the relationship is 'disolved', and the pet allowed to leave the coven respectfully.  To have the ownership of a pet transfered to another is considered quite the honor, as Vampires are oft very protective of their pets.

The first Hunter's Daughter:  Katherine "Kay" Menders. - Kay has been with the Dallas Coven her whole life, as her mother perished after her birth, still weakened by having become a Hunter herself.  Kay fears Moira going to sleep, knowing that Hunters blood is much coveted, she doesn't know if she can trust Moira's partner, having had Moira as her mother figure her whole life.  She's been quite sheltered to the outside world, being raised in the Coven.  Whether this has made her naieve or jaded is still up in the air.  She's preparing to go to college and is quite nervous about it, having been homeschooled her whole life by the coven.  Her education with them was quite thorough, but it wasn't exactly a 'classroom environment.'  She is quite good at hand to hand combat and at shooting a variety of guns, trained in such things for the good of the coven and to protect herself from the dangers of the world with Zombies becoming a prevalent problem in the last few years once again and Were's coming to try and meet the problem as Vampires are fronting the human-non-human interaction to keep things peaceful.  Were interaction with vampires is good, however Hunter and Were's don't typically get along, as Hunters that are not with a Coven tend to take the Human side of view that Weres and Vampires are altogether not good and eat people, something that thankfully only occurs when a new one is made if they aren't controlled.  This view, however, has lead to the Hunter's name, as since they're immune and can take on a Were with a weapon, many unconnected hunters do hunt Were's and Vampires.  Vampires and Weres also have a tendancy to send out friendly hunters to take down the more violent of their species as well as send them into an area to at least scout if not kill off a few Zombies when a new outbreak has occured. 

And for now, that's it, as can probably be noticed, Wolves need a good hand in development, and zombies...  Well, they're zombies ala The Walking Dead TV series.  They go around and eat whatever they can get their hands on - kudos if it's moving and fresh meat.   
Back from the deadish...  I hope...  Is deadish a word?

Milanthe

Our Story

Still To be Created

Time is to be decided between 2010 & 2025. 

Accepted Characters

Leader #1 of The Dallas Coven:  Moira Sanguine  Played By Milanthe
Moira's 'Pet' & Hunter:  Katherine "Kay" Menders  Played By Milanthe
Rogue Were-Lynx  Tanya Lee  Played By Lucifa

And to note, please use same format of a name, a picture and then a character description containing some (not all) history, age and a bit of the character's personality as what I've shown.  Your character's sex should be made clear through the text, whether they are male, female, neither or both.  Your desired position for the character should also be made clear.  I will only accept two Leader's of Dallas other than Moira, but please take note, the second will be asleep for the major duration of the game due to the 'leapfrog' effect that the Vampires seek.  One awake for a hundred years, at year 80 or 90, another is awoken for a hundred years to learn from the one that's been awake, and the cycle continues like that more or less.  The positions will be first come first serve.  I will only accept one Alpha male and/or Female depending on what's decided to be done with the Weres for Dallas, I will only accept Alphas from other cities if the Alpha(s) for Dallas agrees, but I'd honestly not like to see this game that big to start with, as time goes on, perhaps but it needs to start small. 

Milanthe

Moira Sanguine

One of the Leader's of Dallas' Coven.  She came to the United States after it had won the Revolutionary War, wanting to start anew when all she'd ever seen was Europe even after living so long.  There are many rumors about her origin, one of the largest and perhaps the truest being that she was Judas' lover before his demise upon being revealed as a 'demon'.  She is preparing to rest again, as most Coven Leaders do from time to time, informing and relating the happenings of her reign to the leader that will remain awake in her absence and enjoying what time she has left with the humans she has come to know, especially her 'pet' Hunter, Katherine, the daughter of the Hunter she herself had created through some not so careful research.  Some believe that she is completely mad, while others think she is incredibly clever.  Some think a mix of both define her, as she will seem completely sane and unbelievably reserved one moment, and then the next, while completely reserved, she will do something that others would see as insane, only to have it work for the better good.  Whether this is through luck or her cleverness is still a mystery, even to those who have known her for centuries.  Her age is not exactly known, but suspected to be just about two decades over two thousand.  She loves the city she has grown her coven in, and has even adopted a 'Texas Twang' to her voice when she speaks.  She came to Texas after the Oklahoma Land Run, finding Oklahoma to be too Were ridden at the time to build a safe coven. 

Milanthe

Katherine "Kay" Menders

Katherine "Kay" Menders. - Kay has been with the Dallas Coven her whole life, as her mother perished after her birth, still weakened by having become a Hunter herself.  Kay fears Moira going to sleep, knowing that Hunters blood is much coveted, she doesn't know if she can trust Moira's partner, having had Moira as her mother figure her whole life.  She's been quite sheltered to the outside world, being raised in the Coven.  Whether this has made her naieve or jaded is still up in the air.  She's preparing to go to college and is quite nervous about it, having been homeschooled her whole life by the coven.  Her education with them was quite thorough, but it wasn't exactly a 'classroom environment.'  She is quite good at hand to hand combat and at shooting a variety of guns, trained in such things for the good of the coven and to protect herself from the dangers of the world with Zombies becoming a prevalent problem in the last few years once again.  She is Moira's 'pet' more or less, though their relationship is more of a maternal one, Moira being perhaps more of a mother/grandmother/great grandmother/matron figure to Kay.  Kay had hoped that Moira would be the first to feed from her, knowing it would probably be less traumatizing, but Moira is finding the draw of the Sleep too much to bear.  Or perhaps Moira thinks differently from Kay, with the Vampiress, one never does know. 

Lucifia

Tanya Lee - Age 25.
Role - Were-lynx

Tanya was taken at an early age by a vampire named Selius, to be a slave/pet. Selius's initial intention was to mould Tanya to be a werecreature with vampire training and skill, thus she was was trained in hand to hand combat and the use of blades and speed. Selius took great pleasure in imparting many secrets of combat, some held to be restricted to vampires alone. However as puberty begin, the dominant werelynx began to assert itself. She began to have violent mood swings at night, often questioning vampire authority. At first Selius tried to beat the resistance out of Tanya, sentencing her to harsh punishment whenever she questioned him. However these beatings only made the light burn brighter in Tanya's eyes. It soon became clear that Tanya would become a rogue hazard, Selius sought to destroy Tanya. However Tanya got wind of his intent, and broke free, escaping the Coven into the wilds.

Since then, Tanya has formed a natural affinity for werewolves. She roams the outside world with her own pack as a female Alpha. She has passed on what skills she knows to her pack, which makes them very dangerous to any authorities foolish enough to attempt to track them down. Tanya hopes to one day return to the Rocky Mountains, where there are rumoured to be more werelynx, but with the Zombie threat on the rise, such a dream seems distant.
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

Milanthe

Hm, I wasn't intending on Hunter's being so old yet, Lucifia, but we can discuss maybe putting this came into a more futuristic setting for such a thing to be possible.  Also, Hunters are pretty much the center of one of those circle graphs including Vampire, Were and Zombie bites.*  If one bite were to take precedence over the others, the body of the bitten person would die due to the virus' 'battle' against each other.  Perhaps you would rather her be a Were Cat in order for her to be so feral and feline?  As stated before, Wolves are the most common, but any Native North or South American animal is up for grabs, the term Pack adheres to Were's mostly because the majority of them are Wolves. 

*Ext, bitten by two of the three = Death, bitten by one of the three = possible death, but likely turn if taken care of, save zombie that's always death and then turn, bitten by all three = possible life if it's gotten exactly right at the same time and the person is taken care of, if even one bite or exposure is a fraction of a second off, however, or if the exposure to one is more than another, or if the person isn't taken care of, the person will die as the stalemate required between the three viruses will not occur and allow them to die and be examined by their immune system to create anti-bodies.  In the were and vampire cases, it's a miracle in itself that the person survives the bite from one to become them. 

PeacethatPowerbrings

Very interesting. Seems like something could be done on the Zombie front. They aren't usually involved player-wise, but while tinkering with Zombie concept myself I've had some interesting thoughts about how they could be used.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Milanthe

@Peace:  I would love to hear your ideas, as I said, brain storm.

@Lucifia:  I like, I'm just a little curious as to why you changed her age, I'm open to the idea being pushed to futuristic.  I imagined Zombies being made in perhaps the 1970's/80's, while the first Hunter, made by Moira was made about 10 years after in her quest to find a cure for Zombieism or whatever the hell it was she was doing to the poor humans.  The first generation Hunters themselves are a bit weak, their flesh having been the battleground for all three curses, but they normally have good longevity with their recovery if they don't do something like give birth when they're still recovering.  Just wondering, do you want her to be the alpha female of the Dallas pack?  I was just a little confused there. 

Lucifia

@Milanthe: haha, sorry I'm a little new to the Group RP scene. Thus my ideas may be wild and tangent:). Keeping in mind that Hunters are relatively new, and there were few werecreatures, I thought I would have Tanya be a rogue element. She would not be the Apha of all the werewolves of Dallas, more like an outcast, since Alphas are usually male and werelynx are nearly unheard of. I think I gave up on Tanya being a hunter since I know more about werewolves than hunters, and your character is definitely more cut out to be the main hunter than mine:D.
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

I also have an F-List!

Milanthe

Aw, but one is such a lonely number!  ^.^  No worries, I understand now.  I do like the context of your character. 

Also, don't worry about being new, this is a bit of a unusual request idea thread anyways, as I want others to help me build the idea.  All I've got is the history, I don't have the actual story.  Mainly b/c I was so busy writing up the history from my dream, by the time I got around to the story, I'd lost it.  Something about one of Moira's human decendants needing protection, I think, but I dunno.  T.T

Lucifia

Thanks Milanthe:), I hope I can contribute:), and I hope more people get in on it, it has good potential:). I think what might throw some people is uncertainty about what time period this is:).

I also have an F-List!

Milanthe

I was thinking any time between 2010 & 2025 timewise, so perhaps a few new things have been made, while still keeping current RL tech and current RL political themes.  Hm, this is perhaps something I should put in the Storyline bit up there.  Time to be decided between 2010 & 2025...  I want my F-ing flying car... 

Lucifia

Haha, in that case maybe I should change Tanya's picture. Maybe use my current avatar as her:), more modern:). Since we're both online, did you have any ideas of what the story might actually be:), I'm a good person to bounce ideas off of:).

I also have an F-List!

Milanthe

Warning, you apparently opened a can of ranting on...  Sorry, I tend to rant on and on on ideas as while I talk/type about them...  More ideas come to mind and I don't want to loose them. 

Well, as I said before, I THINK the dream had something about little miss Hunter protecting one of Moira's decedents, being one of Moira's decedents probably means one of Judas' as well.  I'm still not sure if they were lovers before and after him going bitty batty, but the dream leaned heavily on the assumption that they were by the people who were after the poor guy from what I remember in a scene with them.  Dunno why, my dreams always play like movies, anyways, that's pretty much all I got from the dream world.  If they did assume he was Judas' descendant, perhaps they were looking for more of a legitimate cure for Vampism.  Perhaps the story could revolve around finding this guy or leading to finding out they need to find the guy and then find him and protecting him from whatever people are wanting to stick needles in him.  After all, Vampy's don't want anyone finding a 'cure' for them.  And with them acting as the posterchildren for the rest of the supernatural world, they especially don't want that, even if it does lead to a cure to zombies other than a bullet to the head.  Speaking of which, I think Vamps would probably abhor zombies, not only were they made in an attempt to destroy Vamps and therefore serve as a reminder that someone did, but they kind of put things out of place.  Vampires have become very comfortable with the way things were.  They kept themselves from killing humans save on special occasions and humans left them alone save for the nutjobs that no one believed. 

Lucifia

*surfaces from sea of rant*, well sounds like a very cool story so far. So the hunter is protecting one of Moira's decendents who might be the key to the 'cure' or 'irradication' of vampirism. Zombies being a previous disasterous attempt at a cure. Nice:). Werewolves are reminants of the Indian Shaman Magic. I  can see that werewolves and vampire aren't enemies as you say since they live in different areas and by and large won't encounter each other:).

I like rants, it gets stuff out:).

I also have an F-List!