News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Help getting started

Started by Blex, September 03, 2020, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blex

I've just recently gotten my approval and haven't been in any roleplays what so ever.
I would like to join someone's world if they are patient enough enough to welcome a newbie.

I am a bit overwhelmed by the forums and hesitant about joining one RP world, actually I feel too overwhelmed to consider myself worthy of pming someone so if you want to invite me I'd love to join.
I'm confident enough that I believe I can make a pretty solid character, so yeah, pm me.

Lovely Complex

Hello there, Blex! Remember me? lol

Understandable about being overwhelmed since the forums can be a little daunting to new writers but I'd like to offer my assistance and help you out the best way I can.

Are you looking for more 1-on-1's or Group Games?
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Blex

Quote from: Lovely Complex on September 03, 2020, 01:28:29 PM
Hello there, Blex! Remember me? lol

Understandable about being overwhelmed since the forums can be a little daunting to new writers but I'd like to offer my assistance and help you out the best way I can.

Are you looking for more 1-on-1's or Group Games?

I do remember you! Thanks for the reply!

I don't really understand how both would work, but a group game seems more noob friendly and enjoyable overall

Lovely Complex

I think that you should go to this board then: Group Games. You'll find many groups that are looking for new writers to join in.

But first, you also might want to create an On's and Off's thread because I know in some character sheets, there is a section for On's and Off's. You would put your On's and Off's here: On's and Off's - Lords. I've taken the liberty of linking the tutorial for you there.

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Sara Nilsson

I remember (and that is something I thought I would never write, me remembering something) what it was like when I joined. I was rather intimidated by all the options.

But as the lovely eh.. lovely complex said: get your on and offs down. It doesn't have to be super fancy like some people have it. Though feel free to browse a few different ones to get a feel for how others have done them.

Then, what I did was.. I started browsing other peoples story ideas. Other peoples stories, I would find a writer I liked, check out their on/offs, their stories. It gave me a feel for things then started sending out Private Messages.

Bear in mind, that sadly not everyone replies to them, and you might get a few :Sorry I am full up. It is doubly hard when you are new and don't have stories they can check out. But don't be disheartened. Many of us are newbie friendly and we will gladly write with those that are new.

So, don't lose heart if things are rough in the begging. It gets easier. And welcome to E. We may be crazy (in fact some of us are... like me) we may be psycopaths, and bloodthirsty mon.. *gets knocked out and dragged away* Stop scaring the newbies Sara!!

Welcome to E :)

Lexandria

There's also a registry for folks willing to write with new members here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=315192.0

You should also be receiving a PM from an Oracle soon with some information too!

Tentatively accepting a few new stories
Interests
Schedule
Creative Things
Current Cravings

Pockets

As Sara said, the big thing is to get your O/O's up. Nothing fancy, nothing overly complex. Start with the things that are immediate 'Oh Hell no! Never going to do!' because I think, at least personally, people look at the off's as much as they look at the on's. And don't be afraid to to update it. There might be something that you enjoy now, but later down the road you're kind of burnt out on. It's alright to move an On to an Off and vice versa.

But more than anything, put yourself out there. PM people, check out the different Seeking Boards, check out the Lord's Forum (we don't bite, unless you want us too, promise), E is supposed to be a friendly place to relax. Enjoy your stay, enjoy the socializing threads. Take your time.

But most importantly, and I think everyone will agree. HAVE FUN!
08/02 - New A/A Update