Prison Planet - Hell Frozen Over (Female Only - still open if you want to join)

Started by Chrystal, May 06, 2013, 04:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: Notadrywall on May 09, 2013, 09:01:18 PM
I'd be interested in joining, if no one minds me coming aboard.

Hi Notadrywall

Quote from: Chrystal on May 06, 2013, 04:42:08 PMThe RP is open to all female players and also to male players who wish to play female characters

Quote from: Chrystal on May 06, 2013, 04:42:39 PMPlayers may be any gender, but please respect people's offs. If someone does not wish to play with you because you are the wrong gender IRL, be a sport about it and pair up with someone else?

The above quotes are from my first two posts in this thread.

In other words, you are welcome to submit a character sheet for approval, and if I think the character fits, I will approve it, using the exact same criteria I use for every other character.

All I ask is that, as this is a lesbian game and I know there are lesbians who do not like playing with a male player, that you check out the ons and offs of any player who's character you wish yours to interact with, and please respect them. It might be worth your while PMing the player as well, just to check. There are plenty of girls who are fine with male players playing lesbians.

To everyone else: If you are like me and have reservations about playing with a male player, please be cool about it. I prefer to take everyone on their merits. Some guys do really well playing a woman. If you would rather not have your character interact directly with a male player's character, simply say so.

Is everyone cool with that?

Quote from: Ayahka on May 10, 2013, 03:00:27 PM
Oops... that was a typo. The species' name is "Quyllian," but as I typed up the post I occasionally misspelled it and made it "Qyullian." I thought I'd gotten all the typos, but it looks like I missed one.  :-[ Fixed now, though!

I like the hypnosis rule, and felines being immune actually mirrors my thoughts pretty well (they're cats! Of course you can't command them!).

I thought it was a typo. Thanks for fixing it. The problem with making up words is that the spell-checker reports them as errors even when correct! lol

Glad you like that rule. One of my pet hates is my character being forced to do something and having no ability whatever to prevent it, because she's been drugged or hypnotised. In fact for me when i play sub, part of the joy of it is having a choice and choosing the worse course. (Conversely as a Domme I like to offer my subs a choice, often between pain here and pain there.... *giggles*)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ayahka

No worries there... I like hypnosis and mind control games, but I don't want them to be boring. Having no choice whatsoever is boring. Then it's more like "Do I even have to be here for this? Can I go now?"

RedEve

Another fun setting Chrystal.
Unfortunately I'm not sure if the strictly F/F pairing is my cup of tea.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

deusexkristina

Quote from: Chrystal on May 10, 2013, 05:06:18 PM
To everyone else: If you are like me and have reservations about playing with a male player, please be cool about it. I prefer to take everyone on their merits. Some guys do really well playing a woman. If you would rather not have your character interact directly with a male player's character, simply say so.

Is everyone cool with that?

I'm cool with it. Someone shouldn't be excluded because of their r/l sex or gender.

Ayahka

Haibane

Ooh, I'm interested... I just need to make sure I have the time for it though :(

Perhaps I could do shorter posts than what I usually do? That might help me.

You say the genders must be female but what if the females of an alien race had the ability to extend some tentacle appenadges? Is that beyond what you are looking for here?

Chrystal

*pounces*

Hi Hai sweetie.

I would love to have you on board, if you have time. As long as you can manage a couple of decent paragraphs per post, you will be fine.

As for tentacles.... I would rather the player characters not have tentacles... I'll PM you as I don't want to give away too much about my plans for the game...

*teaser*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

plenty of room. We have an entire world to play in!

Jayna

Great I will get my character sheet up soon! :)

Chrystal

Oh, and anyone who spotted the mistake in my character sheet, give yourself a pat on the back!

I'd put her age as 23 and time served as six years, which would mean she was convicted at 17, but I specifically stated the minimum age to be sent here is 18!

I've fixed it now! *facepalm*

BeckyAnnn

OK, Chrystal.  I told you I would post so here it is.  I have never played a group game before so gals, be gentle. (well not gentle...*smirk)

Player name: BeckyAnnn

Character name: Katianna Malova

Character age (in Empire Standard years): 18

Character sexuality: Straight, unknown

Height: 155

Mass: 55

Species: Human

Physical characteristics: Slight, agile, quick, green eyes, light brown hair

Planet of origin: Aquainus, planet mostly covered by ocean except for a few scattered mountain peaks.  The mountainous regions are mostly rocky and uninhabitable.  Above most of the ocean surface are suspended large mega-cities which harvest food and minerals from the waters below as well as the ocean floor. 

Crime: 373 counts of Petty thievery

Guilty or innocent: Mostly innocent

Likes: Books, a soft blanket, a warm fire, and getting under people’s skin.

Dislikes: Serious people, boredom and having nothing to read.

Time served: New arrival

Personality: Katianna, despite her love of books and reading, is whimsical and playful.  On those occasions when she did have to resort to thievery, it was a game to her.  Because of her somewhat mischievous nature, she was a constant irritant to those around her.

History: Katianna’s father had been a smuggler, transporting contraband between star systems on the peripheries of the Empire.  He was killed when Imperial forces captured and boarded his ship.  Katianna was about 13 at the time. Since then her mother struggled to make a life for her and her older sister.  Katianna was the typical bratty little sister, getting great joy out of finding subtle ways to infuriate her sister.  When her mother began having trouble supporting her family, Katianna took her subtleties to the streets.  She was quick and agile which meant she could slip easily through the crowds and disappear from those who might be seeking her.  And her nimble fingers meant that if an item that caught her eye could fit in her pocket then it was just a matter of getting close enough to touch it and it would be hers.  It had become a game to her but one which carried great risk so she only resorted to stealing when the family was in desperate need. But it finally happened. Katianna was caught.

Katianna had been more than willing to plead guilty to those crimes that the authorities could actually prove she had committed.  But they were not satisfied and began to pin every unsolved burglary or robbery that seemed with in her capability on the young human.  BY the time they were done and had cleared out years’ worth of back logged unsolved cases she faced an impossible 373 counts of petty thievery.  She refused to plead guilty to that many counts.  After all, there is no way any court in the empire could believe she could have committed all those crimes.  Or could they?

The playful prankster was convicted on all charges and sentenced to life in The Cooler.  Her defense had argued that the punishment was over kill and was in no way proportionate to the nature of the crimes.  The courts however said that the sheer volume of crimes committed demanded the life term.  As far as Katianna was concerned her life was over. 

Other info: Young Katianna will arrive on the planet sometime after the game has begun.  I have listed her as straight/unknown because, seriously, sexual orientation is of little importance on the planet unless one is very good at defending one’s self and, though she is not dominate, she is young enough not to have developed a submissive nature…..yet. My idea for this character is she is the hapless misfit.  The minor character you might see in a movie who is completely out of place and should not be where she finds herself stranded. She will be completely terrified upon arrival but if she manages to settle in her whimsical and mischievous nature may begin to revel itself.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I want, very much, for playing this game? But, I don't think I post fast enough, for playing proper. :'( And, I can't be for playing, with male players, any more, I'm very sorry.

Your game, it looks amazing though, Chrystal. Very good luck, for playing, I hope every one enjoys it! :D

Haibane

Quote from: Chrystal on May 11, 2013, 04:09:16 PM
As for tentacles.... I would rather the player characters not have tentacles... I'll PM you as I don't want to give away too much about my plans for the game...
I understand! Having looked around google for a fun couple of hours searching for 'transparent latex catsuit' I have decided I'm going to use Bianca Beauchamp as my image. I wanted magnificent breasts for this game and no doubt in the far future the ability to adjust bodies by surgery will have advanced to heights we can't yet imagine. She will be 85-90% human with around 10-15% mixed species so that I can include a wonderfully long and prehensile tongue. Very... musculaar. She'll have been in the entertainment industry for this to make sense I think and so her crime will be related to that. She'll be a domme and will have been a prisoner a year or two already. I'll get a bio up for her asap, but probably not before Monday I'm afraid.

NSFW

Let me know if this basic idea is going in a direction you're happy with Chrystal sweetie.

Chloris

I watched this thread a bit, the premise is quite interesting, the drive is lovely, and the cast, so far, quite interesting as well! So, here is my character sheet. With two little forewarnings.
First, I opted to take a fully dressed picture rather than something with the catsuits involved, to get a feel rather than strict appearance. Do tell if that's an issue and I'll correct it!
Second, I'm putting the character as a submissive, though she is pretty sure she is dominant and will try to act the part. Of course, as a player, I fully intend to prove my character wrong in that way, with the help of some partners. Should I keep it at submissive, or put her as a switch or don't know instead?

Player name: Chloris

Character name: Basiléa Frédérique Martine de Virzonne

Character age (in Empire Standard years): 32

Character sexuality: Bissexual / Submissive

Height: 174

Mass: 67

Species: Human.

Physical characteristics: She's just a human.

Planet of origin: Virzonne. A somewhat warm planet, with climates ranging from temperate forest to a majority of tropical jungles. Most of the planet is somewhat impoverished, and internal conflicts are not unheard of, making it a bit of a planetary gunpowder keg. The fact it's rich in military-grade refractive crystals certainly doesn't help either... but, the money mostly goes to the ruling family, the planet being considered an imperial Archduchy

Crime: Several thousand accounts of Embezzlement, crimes against humanity, crimes against alien species, poisoning, high treason, middle treason, gross incompetence, torture, murder by proxy, three accounts of assault and speeding.

Guilty or innocent: Guilty of all charges except one account of assault, middle treason, and speeding -while she was in the vehicle, she wasn't driving it-

Likes: Flattery, elegance, luxury, marble, gold, corgis, herself. Mostly herself.

Dislikes: Complaints, fair competitions, losing, and pretty much anything that hurt her immense pride.

Time served: New arrival

Personality: Basiléa Frédérique Martine de Virzonne (who will be henceforth only called Basiléa) is a vain woman. Born noble, she thinks highly of her lineage, and extremely highly of herself. She is virtually unable to accept her own failings, always finding someone to put the blame on. She is not above completely mistreating those that fall beneath her, and yet can still sleep at night or contemplate herself in the mirror. Especially the latter. Of course, she doesn't antagonizes everybody. Those that are in her circle of friends or advisors are generally treated well, if only to allow Basiléa to see herself as generous in some weird way. Sophisticated, and well educated, the woman can only back up her immense ego with some actual skills she demonstrates at every occasion. But no matter how ressourceful, her ability to act humble when it is necessary is... Close to nonexistant. So far.

Considering the way her crimes (which she merely calls a "lifestyle") were dealt with, Basiléa also shows a clear disdain for imperial policies, no matter how hypocritical some of her criticisms may be. Of course, this is only compounded by the fact her sense of loyalty was never quite developped to begin with. It's not a simple political view either. She tends to view all alliances as transitory, equal relationships as unstable, and marriage as an abomination.

History: Basiléa was born noble. Of course, her relation to the actual head of the galactic empire is so distant it might as well not exist, but, this turns out to be enough to grant her family rulership over the Planetary Archduchy of Virzonne. A world rather hot, somewhat small, with little strategical interests beyond some military contracts, that provided a fair amount of the planet's otherwise limited wealth. Raised in the best academy the planet had to offer, the woman took quite a keen interest in rulership. One she managed to live out at the early age of 22, when her father got ill, and she was given regency over the planetary affairs.

And boy did she enjoy herself. Stopping many civil engineering and developpment projects in favor of increasing the luxury of the Archducal palace, the woman proved to have an iron hand within a spiked glove. And full authority to enact her rulership without ever getting herself dirty. And while the citizen's living conditions and social status got progressively lower, the planetary income and efficiency increased by quite a bit. People never revolted either, since local conflicts were deliberately fueled, to create infighting. And when other factions couldn't be used, the nests of revolt could generally be repressed with the extremely well armed police.

The biggest threat to her power, as it turned out, was her father, who had the silly idea of starting to get better. Since he merely gave her regency, this just wouldn't do; As a result, she arranged for him to remain sickly. Thankfully, the diverse flora of the planet was rich with various exotic poisons of varying potency, allowing her to keep him in a tranquil, albeit allegedly painful state. As it turns out, there is a fine line between opportunism and basically turning an instance of trust in a veiled, discrete coup d'état. But it was too fine to care... And since all that mattered for the imperial authority was to have their orders of weapon components parts filled... Let's just say Basiléa wasn't the only one that didn't care.

However, things went south when an official with principles actually visited the planet beyond the "guest area". The control of communications was hard to enforce, things got known, and Basiléa got put under scrutiny. This wouldn't have been a problem at all if that scrutiny only revealed the social issues involved. A few bribes were all it took to silence these, and the visiting official was perhaps one of the only one with a semi-functionning moral compass. However, the scrutiny revealed another grave issue. The problem was that imperial authorities would only buy a set amount of components each month. And after so many efforts, they ended up overproducing. So, instead of simply lowering production, Basiléa found other clients. Pirates, criminals, militias and private weapons company at first. But it quickly turned out the best clients were independantists trying to pry themselves away from the Empire, and forces even beyond the empire. The deals started three years before, and while she was extremely cautious with staged piracy and hidden spaceports at first, her attention relaxed, causing all her deals to be exposed.

The reaction was quick, causing Basiléa and most of the government to be taken off planet, and judged harshly. While only few of them actually mattered to the empire, the jury looked at each and every one of her failings and illegal activity, in a week-long trial. And while the ministers pleaded guilty for the majority of them, Basiléa adamantly denied each and every charge... To no avail, no matter how richly paid her lawyer was, as the proofs were there, along with some key witnesses, included her own family. She was ultimately found guilty of it all, except one charge of assault which was an invention from one of her maids, a speeding ticket, and the middle treason charge, which was extremely nebulous, and dropped due to "services given to the empire" which does not change the ultimate verdict at all. Oh, how generous. It all led to her imprisonnment in the cooler, one she merely calls a "temporary exile", persuaded of her support in some areas, and unaware that not only was just as unflexible on her treason as her other partners were indifferent, but also that her own sister, Florence, gained a huge amount of popularity due to her social measures and reconstruction plans.

Other info: None I can think of.
The Long Road: a Traveling adventure.
A Human / NC freeform roleplay following the path of a caravan.
Packing up for departure!

Chrystal

Quote from: Haibane on May 11, 2013, 07:45:56 PM
I understand! Having looked around google for a fun couple of hours searching for 'transparent latex catsuit' I have decided I'm going to use Bianca Beauchamp as my image. I wanted magnificent breasts for this game and no doubt in the far future the ability to adjust bodies by surgery will have advanced to heights we can't yet imagine. She will be 85-90% human with around 10-15% mixed species so that I can include a wonderfully long and prehensile tongue. Very... musculaar. She'll have been in the entertainment industry for this to make sense I think and so her crime will be related to that. She'll be a domme and will have been a prisoner a year or two already. I'll get a bio up for her asap, but probably not before Monday I'm afraid.

NSFW

Let me know if this basic idea is going in a direction you're happy with Chrystal sweetie.

Seems good to me, H.

I want to know what you typed into google to get that first picture? I have been looking for pictures like that one since I clicked I clicked the "Start New Topic" button, and you can see the best one I found!

Chrystal

@Chloris - I think you had a bit of a "Mary Sue" moment...?

Actually, no, that's not really fair. The character is well developed, but there are a couple of things bugging me.

1) The name. This is what has prompted my comment about her being a "Mary Sue". She isn't really, but the simple fact that you used your screen name once instead of her name is a bit of a give-away. She's a "proxy".

To avoid that happening may I suggest you change her first name to something that doesn't start with "Chlo-"?

2) This is something vague that I'm struggling to put my finger on. She is the hereditary ruler of the planet, yes? And as such, she is pretty much entitled to do her own thing. You are assuming that there is the equivalent of a "federal authority", perhaps an Imperial Bureau of Investigation, or possibly, Imperial Military Intelligence, something along those lines anyway.

But further, you are assuming that such an Imperial authority would care!

In an Empire where a teenage girl can be sentenced to one year in exile for each of 373 counts of petty larceny, the sentences to run consecutively, effectively sentencing her to life (See Becky Anne's character), I very much doubt that the Empire is going to care how she runs her world.

However: If what she was doing presented a danger to the empire, then I can see how they would step in and remove her.

You have mentioned High Treason, Middle Treason and Low Treason in her crimes. There are no such things as middle and low treason. High treason is criminal disloyalty to your government. Petty treason originally meant being disloyal to your lord. These days many nations have redefined the terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_treason

Now, nothing she has done actually constitutes high treason. But if something did, then that would bring the full weight of the Empire crashing down on her.

Please could you have a little re-think and come up with a slightly better list of charges, and a slightly more treasonous back-story?

The empire is full of corrupt officials lining their own pockets at the expense of their population. This is not treason. Actually it's called "Being In Government". You only have to look at the UK to see that! But if something happened, like, for example, the supply of those military grade crystals dried up, that would bring an investigation, and the desire to know why.

Chrystal

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on May 11, 2013, 06:38:55 PM
OK, Chrystal.  I told you I would post so here it is.  I have never played a group game before so gals, be gentle. (well not gentle...*smirk)

Hi Becks.

great to have you in on this one.

Your character is pre-approved via PM.

Jayna

You guys are making me super nervous about my CS haha

Chloris

I can see why you'd call that chracter a Mary-Sue, but I believe the word you were looking for was more something along the lines of a self-insert. Charges for which I will plead not guilty, first, due to not being a ruthless dictator, and, more relevantly, because it's actually the other way. Chloris is not actually my usual nickname on the internet. However, as a roleplayer with some experience behind me, I tend to stick to some archetypes in one way or another (though it's always great to step out from these) and the Chloris, is one of them, which kinda fits the setting. However, the fact I mistakenly switch names at least once in my presentation shows I will probably do it again, so I will change that at once to avoid any further confusion, mostly by myself.

As for your second point, I can see where you're going. I had something in mind regarding the treason part but it kinda slipped off my mind while writing the history. I will alter it, and now that I think of it thanks to your helpful insight, will even put more emphasis on the fact the treason was the driving factor, rather than her attitude, and her taste for luxury.

So, here is the "patchnote"

• The character's name was changed from Chloé, to Basiléa in all instances, the little error included
  • The charges of middle treason and low treason are dropped. They were only here for humoristic reasons, but the speeding charge already fills that purpose while being less absurd. Added the charge of poisoning
  • Added a second paragraph in the personality field
  • Added a history paragraph between the second and fourth one describing the whole poisoning issue.
  • Altered the fourth (formerly third) paragraph, to add informations regarding the treason. As it got too long, it was split in two parts. The second part was slightly altered as well, to make it fit better with the context.

As a last little note, I merely assumed there were forces beyond the Empire, but kept them as vague as possible. If that assumption is wrong, please say so and I will correct it at once. Thank you for your insightful remarks, and I hope these edits will help make my character more acceptable.
The Long Road: a Traveling adventure.
A Human / NC freeform roleplay following the path of a caravan.
Packing up for departure!

Chrystal

Excellent.

Character is approved.

I'm waiting on a few more then I'll open the OOC thread.

There are some things I have ideas about that I would like player input, but I will wait for the OOC thread to broach the subjects.

RedEve

Player name: RedEve

Character name: Dioni Van Graaf

Character age (in Empire Standard years): 24

Character sexuality: Straight
Height: 179 cm

Mass: 67 kg

Species: Human

Physical characteristics: /

Planet of origin: Sol Calentii III, the largest inhabitable world in a 15 planet binary system. Sol Calentii is known for its temperate climate and natural beauty. Most of the urban areas are located around the coasts, with much of the inland still lush and untouched jungles. Sol Calentii has become something of a tourist retreat for the wealthy, with many of the galaxy’s richest individuals owning vacation homes (though palaces might be more appropriate) there.

Crime: Breaking and entering (multiple counts), theft (multiple counts), identity theft (multiple counts), illegal possession of fire-arms, five counts of premeditated murder

Guilty or innocent: Guilty.

Likes: Pretty expensive things, fine clothes, luxury in general, warm climates, beauty

Dislikes: Rudeness, ugliness, being poor, wealthy people who never worked a day in their life to attain their material well-being

Time served: 2 years
Personality: Dioni is a hyper-calculated individual, which is what made her so good at her criminal life. She has a great attention to detail, patience, and can remain very cool under stressful situations. She has a certain aloofness about her that has made it hard for her to truly bond with other people. Likely this is due to having taken care of herself from an early age. She has little patience for fools or for people she merely perceives as such. She certainly has an arrogant streak about herself, which has been known to cause her to overestimate her own abilities.

History: Dioni’s fair appearance belies her harsh background. Her mother was a maid to one of the wealthiest families on Sol Calenti III. She eventually got impregnated by the son of the family, but instead of getting financial or emotional help from them, she was kicked out and shunned by other potential employers. Eventually Dioni’s mother was forced to take a job in one of the mining villages deep inside the jungle. These locations were purposefully kept a long way from the lush resorts the rich liked to frequent, which meant that living conditions were harsh and inhospitable. When Dioni was 14, her mother contracted the “jungle flu” and did not recover. Instead of taking her mother’s example and slaving away at the mining company’s cantina, she instead used the little money her mother had left her to go to the city.

She started her life of crime as a petty thief, until she was caught pickpocketing by a man who had more ambition than her, but recognized her potential.

Tony Rexam was a lifelong hustler and thief, and he brought the then 15-year old Dioni into his operation. Together they stole and swindled a small fortune out of the many wealthy families on Sol Calentii. That is, until Tony got arrested and was sentenced to life on the male prison planet.
Thankfully, her mentor did not rat out his protégé, though most of the money they had stolen was seized before she could get to it.
She used the skills Tony had taught her to re-earn her “fortune”, only she broke his one cardinal rule: no unnecessary use of violence. Her brutal series of house invasions quickly put her on the radar of the authorities, and when one heist left two guards and the owner of the house dead, she leapt to the top of their most wanted list.

The net slowly closed around Dioni in the next couple of months, and it all ended in a long stand-off between her and the police at the hotel room she was holed up in. When the night was over, two police officers were dead and another three injured, whereas she herself had sustained two gunshot wounds. She was sent to a prison hospital for the totally pointless aim of regaining her health before getting a life sentence at the Cooler. It would have been more efficient to just put her out of her misery with a third bullet…
Other info: Dioni made a full recovery from her gunshot wounds, though the cold climate on the planet causes her repaired leg to cramp up at times.

Chrystal

Nice, character is approved with one small proviso:

You didn't quite get the image code right. You have this:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://[url=https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/cb/Dioni_Van_Graaf_copy.jpg]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/cb/Dioni_Van_Graaf_copy.jpg[/url][/img][/float]

It should be this:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/cb/Dioni_Van_Graaf_copy.jpg[/img][/float]

Which will give this:

Edit: Perfect, Eve, thanks. Approved.

RedEve

Yay!

One question: what scale is the Ice Planet. Earth-like? Larger? Smaller?

Chrystal

Well....

The surface area of a sphere is defined by A=4πr2

The radius of the earth is 6,371 km. That means the surface area is (roughly) 510,064,471 km2.

The radius of the moon is 1,737.4 km. That means the surface area is (roughly) 37,932,328 km2

So, as long as we assume that the planet's density is such as to provide gravitation of between 7.5m/s2 and 12.5m/s2, I really don't see the actual size of the planet making much difference to the game? Thirty seven million square kilometres is twenty two million square miles. So even if there are a million convicts on the planet, they will still have 22 square miles each, even if it is only the size of the moon, which given the surface composition and gravity is unlikely.

So if we assume something between Mars and Kepler 10b in size, beyond that I don't suppose it matters that much.

Did you have a reason for asking?