Avengers Grimm: Fairy Tale Superheroes (Recruiting! Please Join!)

Started by Mathim, September 24, 2016, 09:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

I think it would be wise, if possible, but I think we should add a small section in the profiles for personality. Just because a character were a good character, like Snow White for example, we don't really get an idea of how she acts or what she is like in regards to having conversations and relationships with others.

Just a suggestion though!

LamentingQuill

Tokyorose627

Mathim

I can't believe I neglected that in the profile format, I kind of assumed the backstory part was sufficient, but I'll edit that. I'll let you guys post your finished profiles in the appropriate thread once I get it up and running. I woke up early this morning so I'll get the OOC thread started now, too.

Also, if I could get some assistance with some visual aids, that would be sincerely appreciated. I'm not even sure if such a thing exists but I'm looking for a world map wherein there are just four continents, in each of the cardinal directions and all separated by an 'X' of water, while the rest of the world is just a vast ocean. Anyone think such a thing exists on google images? It goes along with how I describe the world they exist in since I want them to be reflective of all the different cultures from whence they emerged and not have them all just meshed together in a way that doesn't acknowledge that they came from varied places and times.

I'll post the links for the relevant 'moving forward' threads in the first post of this one.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Tokyorose627

the closest I could find for a map that you would want is this.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Mathim

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 30, 2016, 11:11:21 AM
the closest I could find for a map that you would want is this.

Yeah, not what I had in mind but I knew it would be next to impossible to find something that specific.  Hopefully my written description sufficed for a decent enough visual representation.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mathim on September 30, 2016, 02:24:43 PM
Yeah, not what I had in mind but I knew it would be next to impossible to find something that specific.  Hopefully my written description sufficed for a decent enough visual representation.

I'm sure it does. Finding a map like that specifically is tough. :P

Mathim

Player Name: Mathim
Character Name/Identity: Rumplestiltskin
Tale of Origin: Rumplestiltskin
Alignment: Lawful evil
Ability(ies): Rumplestiltskin, being a former Djinn, had access to every form of magic at a whim, though he had been limited to being capable of using it unrestrained only when in service to a master in possession of his lamp. After having been freed from his prison, the majority of his power slipped away and in order to refill his reserves of magic, it is necessary for him to arrange deals with those he meets. Anything he can promise them in exchange for whatever he demands in return fuels his magical energy, the greater the weight of the mutual promise as well as the greater sense of desire and urgency of the person agreeing to his conditions, the more energy it gives Rumple. While it must be used judiciously to avoid running short, he can wield any sort of spell he wishes, though the drain upon him is considerable compared to before when it was virtually limitless.
Weaknesses: His greatest power is his greatest weakness. If Rumplestiltskin ever fails to deliver on his end of a deal, he dies. He must therefore be exceedingly careful about how he phrases his contracts and to ensure he promises nothing if he is not absolutely certain he can deliver.
Personality: Rumplestiltskin is a crass, greedy soul that despised the idea of being thrust into an eternity of servitude to pitiful mortals and it drove him to crave their position of control. But he never considered the proverb that someone craving power will never be satisfied, and refuses to believe anyone's cautionary warnings that his conquest of the world will still not make him feel completely fulfilled. His endless desire for power and control leads him to regard all others as mere pawns or trophies, playthings really, for his amusement. While he acknowledges that those with great power are useful allies, he could care less about them as individuals.
History and Backstory: A Djinn from the desert of the Eastern continent, Rumplestiltskin hated being given orders by greedy or desperate masters. He would twist their wishes as far as their ambiguity could be stretched and make them sorry they were ever born, much less that they had ever run afoul of him. But human greed was insatiable and no amount of dire warnings could make them shy away from trying to wish for their heart's desire three times over. And every time, they would end up with less than they ever had before, if they were still alive to ponder this loss. Master after master, he tried reasoning with them, warping their first wish, tempting them with a second wish that he would not do the same with if they agreed to free him with their third. But they would always invariably try to 'trick' him by making a selfish third wish, not realizing that it was only his will that made their second wish not backfire, and he would cause their third wish to do so spectacularly and in most cases it always killed them. Finally one master had annoyed him from the onset, and he twisted both wishes, threatening an even worse fate with the third, unless it was used to free him in which case the first two wishes could be nullified and the master could at the very least walk away with no loss. Rumplestiltskin, however, murdered him for his clothes upon being freed. His first kill as a mortal, with his bare hands.
He did not anticipate such a great downgrade in his power and now realized why no other Djinn walked free, their own power felt like enough of a boon that freedom was not such a tempting prize. He had to get it back. Luckily his experience with negotiating had left a lingering gift that he could utilize without any reserves of magic, that would allow him to rebuild his: The art of the deal.
It started out small. He wandered about a desert kingdom, seeking out the poor, the downtrodden, offering them a release from their suffering in exchange for trivial favors they were either too drunk or desperate to refuse, things they couldn't possibly deliver upon but not understanding what they were dealing with. After hundreds of them had offered him their blessings in exchange for his vague promise to end their torment, he merely used his now massive store of magical energy to create an enormous whirlpool in the sand and bury the entire kingdom. The suffering of the poor had truly ended, and he was exempt from the penalty of failing to deliver on his end of the bargain because, technically, he had.
It felt like nothing he had ever experienced before. That power, unrestrained, with no one involved but himself and his own desire to do it. He had to feel that again. And again. And again. Power was a drug and he was addicted. He set his sights on the whole wide world this time, and his great act of evil was a declaration of war upon the entire realm. Those who stood in his way would either bow the knee and be spared to live a life of servitude to him for a change, or be mowed down like grass beneath the feet of a stampede of great beasts.
But no fool was he. He understood very well that his power had its limits. He needed others to recharge his magic, much as he hated being dependent on anyone for anything. And there were others who wielded magic as well, which would require more effort on his part. He needed like-minded beings to share in his desire for conquest and aid him in his ambitious goals. But he would be second to none, accepting only underlings and demanding to be the unquestioned lord of this dark campaign.
Sexual Stuff: Since he can visit folks in their dreams if they have ever been under a sleeping curse, he can be a sexual Freddy Kreuger if he wants...the possibilities are endless.
Story-Related Suggestions: The heartless Rumple try to pursue 'love', more as a trophy, from the heart of the one who despises him and leads the opposition, Snow White.
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): Casper Van Dien; although Rumple is thousands of years old by now, he appears only to be in his forties and always will.

Mathim

Okay, we're ready to go! Our IC thread is up and ready with a posting format to add to each post, so go for it if you're prepared!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256762.msg12682439#msg12682439

I also linked all relevant threads in the first post of this one, too.

LamentingQuill

Come one, come all! Still plenty of fairytale character to snag! :D

PrincessAriel

"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Majabya

Yo! So, after tinkering with my idea for the tin soldier for along while, I realized that I was acting in haste when choosing him, the way I was envisioning him he didn't have much personality aside from generic 'devoted lover' stuff. So I thought some more, and decided I would like to make a variation of the Rat King from the Nutcracker. His 'power' would be sovereignty over all manner of rodents, and a few little bennies from simply being of royal lineage. The downside, of course, is he'd be little more than a talking Rat that summons more rats, but the upside is I'd get to ham it up, which I've been wanting to do with an authoritative asshole for a while. Naturally I have a little more planned for his royal highness, but I wanted to hear a 'yay' or 'nay' before going further with him.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Majabya on October 03, 2016, 02:19:02 AM
Yo! So, after tinkering with my idea for the tin soldier for along while, I realized that I was acting in haste when choosing him, the way I was envisioning him he didn't have much personality aside from generic 'devoted lover' stuff. So I thought some more, and decided I would like to make a variation of the Rat King from the Nutcracker. His 'power' would be sovereignty over all manner of rodents, and a few little bennies from simply being of royal lineage. The downside, of course, is he'd be little more than a talking Rat that summons more rats, but the upside is I'd get to ham it up, which I've been wanting to do with an authoritative asshole for a while. Naturally I have a little more planned for his royal highness, but I wanted to hear a 'yay' or 'nay' before going further with him.

Mm that could be interesting, but just a talking rat would seem a bit strange as well. I'm sure there are other characters that you could choose that you could 'ham it up' a bit more then the Rat King; mostly just cause his size may limit you to doing certain things, plus let's say if there was something like a battle at sea or something, he'd be kinda useless.

I would say character that could be what you're looking for could be someone like Captain Hook.

But if you still want to use the Rat King, go for it! Can't wait to see how you make the character your own! :D

Mathim

I should mention, the expectation for any animal characters is that they will either be human sized by default, or at least have the option to shift back and forth. Puss in Boots, for instance, is a great example of this the way I envisioned her in my short fiction. Since in the story, Puss in Boots devoured a shape-shifting creature she tricked into turning into a small mouse, she can have inherited some of that shape-shifting magic and go between full cat, cat-human (think of the ones from Doctor Who) or fully human. In fact, I'd say if there's a Rat King, we TOTALLY need a Puss in Boots for their nemesis!

I also wrote the Frog Prince being a humanoid frog when human-sized but fully frog-like if he wants to shrink down to his natural form, though he can still talk and walk on two legs.

So use some creativity on Rat King if you want a character like that. Maybe he can have a bite or scratch that turns its victims into vicious rat-like pseudo-zombies? Like a form of magic rabies, except he can control them when close around them.

I was thinking it might step on the Pied Piper's toes if anyone wanted that, but then, the Piper can control any kind of animal, and even people, according to the story, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Tokyorose627

Are we allowed to make another character by chance? I had the idea of the evil daughter Odile from the story Swan Lake, but o didn't know if it would work cause it was a ballet first, and made it's way into fairytale lore; much like the Nutcracker too.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 04, 2016, 12:44:47 AM
Are we allowed to make another character by chance? I had the idea of the evil daughter Odile from the story Swan Lake, but o didn't know if it would work cause it was a ballet first, and made it's way into fairytale lore; much like the Nutcracker too.

It's still a fairytale, I'd say it counts :)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 04, 2016, 12:53:51 AM
It's still a fairytale, I'd say it counts :)

Yeah that's true. I'll make her profile as a WIP for now until I get confirmation from Mathim.

Tokyorose627

Player Name: Tokyorose627

Character Name/Identity: Odile, Krahe (Alias)

Tale of Origin: Swan Lake

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Personality: Odile is a young woman that takes joy in tormenting and messing with poor souls that wish to do nothing but good. Seeing poor innocents suffer and drown in despair is something she takes joy in, especially if it was by her hand, and she takes pride in picking out the weaklings only to crush them when they least expect it. She enjoys the finer things in life such as money, expensive jewels, and the finest foods and wines, but wants more out of life then to simply wander the world in wait of something to come and happen. Despite her beautiful and alluring appearance, her heart is ice cold and black like charcoal, only caring for others that have done things for her in return. Be warned however, for Odile can get dangerous, especially if she happens to have her sights on you in particular...

Abilities:

Summon: Can summon hordes of crows to attack targets of hers.

Flight: Odile has the ability to fly, either by transforming into a black Raven, or by dissipating into a swarm of crows and ravens.

Transfiguration: Has the ability to transform herself in a black Raven, in order to blend into her surroundings. As well, Odile can use her transformation skills for other uses, such as growing sharp talon like claws to scratch and spread her enemies to pieces, mimicking a Raven's call that makes windows shatter from the ear-piercing sound, or even grow wings as her arms to throw large, heavy, gusts of wind towards her enemies. With the darkest of magics, she can even kidnap innocents and turn them into ugly, black crows and ravens that do her bidding, becoming an army for her to control and use for whatever she likes.

Charm Ability: With magic given to her by her father von Rothbart, Odile has the ability to charm and hypnotize targets of hers to do her bidding and obey her command. By looking deeply into their eyes, they are under her control; however, she can use more effective means, such as stabbing her targets with a black feather to keep the control on them from far away distances. Only by destroying of burning the feather do the victims break from the curse.

Skills:

Dance: Just like in the story, Odile was known to be a beautifully gifted dancer, able to dance ballets and simple short performances that would bring people to tears.

Persuasion: Due to her charm ability, as well as her beauty, Odile is able to persuade people, mostly the opposite gender, to do things for her on a whim. From taking their money to having them even kill for her, Odile's charm is something that's used as a weapon whenever she can.

Magic: Given to her by her father in order to trick the Prince into marrying her instead of his true love, Odile uses the magic that her father gave her for various uses. From transforming her body to even controlling individuals and birds, Odile has had no problem in growing into her powers of magicks. She's had experience with making potions and incantations, but relies on her charmed victims to do her bidding while she stays by and watches. She's learned from her father, a powerful wizard, and has utilized the magics that he has taught her to help her fight.

Sword Fighting: Taught to her by her father, Odile knows how to fence and sword fight in case any danger were to come her way.

Backstory: Odile's story begins as a child, having lived in a rather powerful and wealthy family of herself and her father, Von Rothbart, a powerful wizard that was known across the and for his abilities in the magical arts. Their family, despite being known by many and having vast knowledge on magic, was cast out of the kingdom that ruled due to her father's potions and magical experiments going out of control, and eventually the royal family finding out that Rothbart was using his magics in a plan to overthrow the King, and to take his place on the thrown. Cast away to the farthest depths of the forest, and unable to step foot on the palace grounds or even talk to her now once friend Odette, Odile was left with her father, with almost no food or water to last them. Stripped of their wealth and status, they escaped to an abandoned and rundown castle that had still stayed standing from a once long battle, and took refuge there. From then on, her father Rothbart began to plan his revenge, to kill the king and his daughter, and to take his rightful place as the King of the land, with his daughter Odile at his side.

Odile, having grown older, was still hesitant of doing such a thing, knowing Odette since they were young girls, and even knowing Prince Erik from the neighboring kingdom, who she would always speak to when they were children. However, seeing them become close made Odile envious and hateful, and soon, put herself in her father's plan by using her magic to disguise herself as Odette in order to trick the Prince into marrying her, all while her father had cursed Odette to the form of a Swan, unable to see her prince in the daytime, and cursed as a Swan in nightfall. Her father, however, was too greedy, and after having a ferocious battle against the Prince after he had lifted the curse from Odette, died by Prince Erik's hands. Consumed by rage and despair over her father's death, the dark magicks taught to her consumed every fiber of her being, her eyes turning a sickening blood red, and her appearance becoming that of ballerina cloaked in an outfit cloaked in black crow and raven feathers. Rage came out of her in waves, and she killed Odette in cold blood, no longer remembering the friendship the two once had, and stabbed the young girl through the chest with her own hand, her nails sharpened like a Raven's talons, and with sadistic glee, ripped Odette's heart out of her chest, killing her instantly.

Her eyes, blood red and showing only pools of rage, made her way to Prince Erik. Her rage however, could not come to kill the traumatized young man, her heart still remembering the feelings of love she felt for him. As he tried to run she chased after him through the dark forests, ensnaring him in a flock of crows before he could finally escape from her. Using her charm ability so that he would no longer want to flee from her, she wondered what she could do with him. What could she do to Erik so that he would never leave her again, always be hers no matter what?

In a matter of moments she allowed her dark magicks to consume his entire being, changing him, making his body morph and shape unwillingly until her dear Prince had finally transfigured into that of a Black Raven, beady red eyes staring back into her own. He was no longer tainted by Odette, he was no longer ugly or normal; he was now beautiful and perfect in every way, and Odile could ask for nothing more then a pet that served her at every waking moment. Taking her new Raven, she unleashed dark horrors amongst the Kingdom that Odette's family once held, killing innocents and individuals that had wronged her both, uncaring of who was in her way. Bloodshed covered the towns and kingdom but she payed no mind, because she was now free to do what she wished. Soon creating an army of Ravens, Odile let the Kingdom that she had destroyed be her new home, her tale spreading towards the other lands and kingdoms, the stories and tales giving her the title simply known as "The Witch of the Wastes".

Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance:

Appearance 1

Appearance 2

Fury Aphrodisia

I've been watching here, and I'm sorry I haven't said much, but I've been trying furiously to come up with a character. I might... do the Puss in Boots idea, I don't know yet. Pinging back and forth between that and Red.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

For Puss in Boots, I've got lots of suggestions to make it a great character, including the boots being the legendary Seven League Boots, which would make Puss basically like The Flash of the story, able to move at great speeds with those enchanted boots.

And yes, Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, etc., are perfectly acceptable to draw from. Someone already mentioned the Rat King from the Nutcracker and that was fine and dandy.

Deathnote

Player Name: Deathnote
Character Name/Identity: The Grey Wolf
Tale(s) of Origin: Vasilisa the Beautiful, The Frog Princess, Tsarevitch Ivan, the Firebird and the Gray Wolf, etc...
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Cynical and foul-mouthed, this wolf has grown up in the wild and it shows.  Normally stern, serious, and detached, Grey also has a bit of a temper, which has gotten him into trouble more than once before.  He can be extremely stubborn and has a tendency to make reckless decisions at times.  Despite not exactly being the brightest bulb in class, he has proven to be quite cunning and a fast learner of the arcane arts.  He also displays great loyalty to his friends and family.

Abilities: Formerly the apprentice of Baba Yaga herself, Grey has access to a great deal of magical knowledge.  His favourite and most practice form of magic was transmogrification, specifically turning himself into other forms of animals.  He is also adept at summoning the winds to his aid whether it be masking his own scent or unleashing powerful gusts of air.

Skills:

Combat - As his natural form is that of the wolf, he has a great deal of experience fighting and surviving in the wild.  Even while in human form, his keen senses and reflexes allow him to fight on equal footing with trained swordsmen.  While under Baba Yaga's tutelage, he once journeyed to the Eastern Continent where he learned of a martial art that perfectly complemented his natural movements as a wolf.

Tracking - An experienced and natural-born hunter due to his life as a wolf in the wild.

Backstory:

The runt of the litter, Grey was a wolf born near the border of the Northern and Western continents.  While out hunting when he was still a cub, he was accidentally separated from his family.  Lost and hungry, the lone wolf spent weeks on his own, learning to fend for himself as he traveled the lands.  After a particularly brutal fight involving an Ussuri Brown Bear, Grey found himself heavily injured and close to death.  That was when the old witch, Baba Yaga came across him and nursed him back to health.  Baba Yaga adopted Grey as a familiar, caring for him for a while before eventually turning him into the Black Rider to act as her bodyguard.  The wolf would only turn into the Black Rider at night for a few hours before changing back into a wolf.  Grey served faithfully as the witch's bodyguard while picking up enough magical knowledge to learn how to shape-shift on his own.  The witch proved strict and sometimes cruel and merciless, but the wolf stayed for he felt he owed her his life.

One night, while riding through the woods, he came across a young maiden named Vasilisa, who was sent by her cruel stepmother to fetch some light from Baba Yaga's hut.  After completing some nearly impossible tasks and revealing that she did so using 'her mother's blessing', Vasilisa was able to return home with a skull-lantern full of burning coals.  She returned the very next morning, revealing that the skull-lantern she had been given burned her stepmother and stepsisters to ashes.  With nowhere else to go, Baba Yaga took her in as a servant.  The old witch would regularly send the girl out to perform various, nearly impossible tasks.  Most of the time, Grey would be sent along with her to assist and guide her as needed.  The two developed a sort of sibling relationship, though it wasn't always clear which of them was the elder.  Vasilisa went by many names during her excursions, but her most famous moniker was that of Marya Morevna, warrior princess.

Grey and Vasilisa were on a mission in the capital, posing as makers of cloth when they ran into Vasilisa's father, Kashchey Romanov.  It was at that time that Vasilisa learned the truth about her parents.  Her mother was a princess from a dark kingdom.  Her father was from a powerful wizard family famed for dark and forbidden magic.  The two had eloped and escaped the dark kingdom.  The father became a merchant.  The mother died when Vasilisa was only a child.  Vasilisa chose to stay with her father instead of going back to Baba Yaga.  Grey warned her against this since he knew how the old witch would react, but ultimately respected her wishes and returned home by himself.

Vasilisa returned to the hut a few weeks later... trapped in the form of a frog.  She had been cursed by her own father for disobeying him and was to be trapped as a frog for three years.  It was only at night when she was able to muster the strength to temporarily break free of the curse.  Come morning, however, she would change back into a frog.  Should the curse be completely broken before the three years were up, she would be compelled to return to her father's side.  Baba Yaga still hadn't gotten over what she perceived to be a betrayal and refused to help her former disciple.  Grey wanted to speak up on his sister's behalf... but he couldn't.  He found himself unable to oppose the witch and kept silent.  He instead chose to watch over his sister while she was in frog form.

Three years were almost up when Vasilisa met and fell in love with Ivan, the Tsar's third son.  The problem, of course, was that she was still a frog.  She pleaded with Grey to find out more about this Ivan fellow for her.  Unable to turn down her request, Grey agreed, turned into a bird, and followed Ivan back to the palace.  The wolf turned into one of the palace guards and ran into one of Ivan's sisters, Princess Anna.  After a brief and awkward confrontation, Grey found Ivan talking to the Tsar.  Funnily enough, Ivan and his brothers were ordered by their father to "take your bows, go out into the open field, and shoot an arrow. Wherever it falls, there you will find your wife."  Learning of this, Grey told Vasilisa, and together they hatched a plan.  Grey redirected Ivan's arrow to a secluded area with no one else around where Vasilisa would catch it in her mouth.  Confronted by a talking frog, Ivan reluctantly brought her back to the palace to wed her.

Several days later, Grey found Ivan wandering the country road on his own, downtrodden, broken, and exhausted.  Curious, the wolf changed into an old man and asked him what was going on.  Ivan revealed that after learning of Vasilisa's true form, he attempted to break the curse permanently by burning the frog skin that she shed every night.  This compelled the princess to return to her father's side, where she would no doubt be punished for her transgressions.  Grey listened intently before directing him to Baba Yaga's hut.  As Ivan journeyed to the old witch's hut, Grey took the opportunity to test his character by shapes-shifting into various animals.  Ivan proved merciful and kind each time, earning him the magical wolf's trust.  After reaching Baba Yaga's hut, Ivan was able to impress the old witch with his fearless and indomitable nature.  Baba Yaga gave the young prince the information he needed in order to defeat Vasilisa's father, Kashchey.

Ivan and the wolf journeyed together for a while in search of a magical needle contained the dark wizard's soul when he received news that his father had fallen ill.  After the prince returned to the palace, the Tsar revealed his dying wish to seeing the firebird one last time.  He declared that whichever of his three sons managed to get the firebird would have half his kingdom and be his heir.  Around this time, Grey met with Princess Anna once again, finding her distraught over her father's illness.  Deciding to put Vasilisa's rescue on hold (they didn't even know where to begin with that magical needle), the prince and the wolf journeyed to another kingdom where the king had a pet firebird.  The king agreed to give up the firebird in exchange for the horse with the golden mane.  The other king who had the horse with the golden mane agreed to give that up in exchange for Yelena the beautiful to be his wife.

Grey later revealed that Yelena was actually one of Vasilisa's many disguises from when they were fulfilling Baba Yaga's tasks.  They decided to go back to Baba Yaga for some more advice.  It was there that they had learned that one of Baba Yaga's sisters had a garden of apples and water that could rejuvenate someone back to life.  While Grey did not know where to find Baba Yaga's sister, he did know where to find her niece.  The niece directed them to her sister, who in turn directed them to a third sister who did indeed knew where the garden was.  The pair stole the apples and water, but not without alerting the witch of what they had done.  The witch cursed Ivan by compelling the prince's brothers to kill him.  Grey had to use a bit of the water of life to bring him back to life again.

Not sure what to do next, Ivan and Grey journeyed to the Dark Kingdom, where they had learned that Kashchey had taken over as the king.  The dark wizard had attempted to take control of a dragon in an effort to use his powers to defeat a member of his family, an upstart wizard who had killed his own parents.  The dragon demanded a sacrifice on a regular basis in exchange for his services.  Kashchey agreed to this condition, even when one of the sacrifices turned out to be his own daughter.  It was at this point that Kashchey realized he had bitten off more than he could chew.  While he still desired the dragon's strength, he realized that the beast could not be controlled.  By the time Ivan and Grey had arrived, Vasilisa had already been taken away by the dragon.  Intrigued by Ivan's character, Kashchey decided to test him out by sending him after the dragon.  With Grey's help (mostly by turning into a flying horse), Ivan was able to slay the dragon and rescue Vasilisa.

They were then ambushed by an unknown assailant, who killed Ivan yet again, heavily injured Grey, and forced Vasilisa to credit him as the dragon slayer.  Vasilisa managed to escape a few days later, find Ivan's corpse with Grey's help, and use the water of life to bring him back to life... again.  Ivan got his revenge by killing the fraud, but not before revealing to the public that he was the true dragon slayer.  Kashchey had no intention of allowing his daughter to go, however, and attempted to recruit Ivan in his plans to take down his rivals.  Grey was able to slip away unnoticed and investigate the dark wizard's library.  There he discovered the location of the magical needle.  It was in an egg, that was in a duck, that was in a hare, that was sitting in a stone chest, that was inside of an oak tree.  With Grey's shape-shifting, he was able to get to the magical needle.  Ivan snapped the needle, killing Kashchey once and for all.

Remembering the promise to the king with the golden maned horse, Ivan wondered how to get out of that.  Grey shape-shifted into Vasilisa's form so that Ivan may trade him away for the horse.  He would later escape and rejoin Ivan and Vasilisa.  Realizing what they could get away with, Grey turned into the horse so that they could get the firebird for free before returning home.  On the way home, Ivan's brothers ambushed and stabbed him to steal away the firebird.  Rolling his eyes at the emerging pattern, Grey brought Ivan back to life again before dealing with the two brothers.  Once they've returned to the palace, they used the water of life on Ivan's father, curing his fatal illness.

Ivan and Vasilisa seemingly lived happily ever after.  Two of Ivan's sisters married powerful wizards.  The third sister, Princess Anna married Grey.  It seemed as though they had finally earned their happy ending.  Well... that is... until Koschei kidnapped Vasilisa and killed Ivan... yet again.  By this point, their water of life had nearly been used up.  After bringing Ivan back to life again, Grey suggested that they consulted Baba Yaga again on how to deal with Koschei.

The battle against Koschei, unfortunately, ended in tragedy.  Not only was Ivan slain in battle, but Koschei went after Ivan's friends, family, and sisters.  Ivan's three sisters' husbands, including Grey were no match against the Deathless wizard.  In the end... Princess Anna used the last of the water of life to save Grey's life.

Grey attempted to find more water of life to bring everyone back, but the garden was no more.  The water of life only worked on the recently deceased.  After a few days, the corpse would reach a point of decay where not even the water of life could work.  Falling into despair over this hopeless situation, he turned to the only thing he had left: Revenge.

Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: Colin Morgan

Deathnote

I had to laugh when I saw Koschei's backstory included Ivan the hero.  Last time this game was up, I expressed an interest in playing as the Gray Wolf.  :p

Also, this probably isn't what you're looking for, Mathim, but... when you described this game's world map, my mind immediately went to the Anime "One Piece":

Tokyorose627

Mathim

Quote from: Deathnote on October 07, 2016, 01:59:52 AM

Also, this probably isn't what you're looking for, Mathim, but... when you described this game's world map, my mind immediately went to the Anime "One Piece":

Actually, that bottom-left section of the 3rd picture is almost exactly what I had in mind. There's four (well, five, but pretend the Eastern island isn't split into North and South by water) continents separated by an X of water. If I could crop that out and edit it a bit, that could serve as a perfect visual example of what the world is supposed to look like for this game.