Google reverse image search...

Started by Robelwell202, July 22, 2013, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robelwell202

I've seen this mentioned twice, now, but I'm rather daft, so I don't know how to do this.

Anyone care to give me a pointer or two?
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Formless

I think it's when you copy the Image link provided in a thread.

And then paste it into the search bar on Google and hit search.

That' what I do when I want to know who is who in an image.

Oniya

There's also a site called 'Tin Eye' (I always have to look it up), where you can paste in the URL of an image (right-click on the image and select 'Copy Image Location') and it will search the Interwebs for other instances of that image.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

steelsmiter

I have found that Tin Eye is not as reliable as it once was when I was a /b/rother.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

http://images.google.com/

Click the camera next to the search button, paste URL, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

steelsmiter

I've noticed on my Android Tablet  2 10.1, there is no camera button on either the regular android browser or the vastly preferred Mozilla Firefox (or at least not the ones on my tablet). I have seen images that contain this camera button, but they differ from the pixels that show on my screen.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Beguile's Mistress

I use Firefox almost exclusively and when I need to search and image I right click on the image, copy image location, right click in the Google search field and click paste and search option.  If I get a screen that says search by image I click that link and go from there.

I don't get it on my phone, either. You can try setting your user agent to desktop.

steelsmiter

right, thanks for the heads up BeMi!
I've been looking for a female 40+ holding a firearm so that I could use it for the commanding officer of the elite unit of my Goin' Commando story which I have yet to get off the ground

ATM I'm looking at:
Leanne Crow (omg rax, but only in her thirties... aww)
Vicky Vette (omg rax and 48 years old, but so far no pictures featuring firearms on prominent display or anything resembling slutty BDU... lighter )
Various women that Christa McGinn is helping me out with, which I'm totally swampt over with indecision.

I don't have any particular thing for older women, but suffice to say that a "lifer" that's like 2 steps down from a General ought to be considerably older than the minimum age... conservatively I'm looking at a minimum of 2 years between rank up (and I don't mean Private>PFC>Corporal=4 years, I mean for the specific ranks given by the system) would mean that absolute minimum age would be 24, making most models OK, but the younger ones would be a bit of a stretch on the realism and I'm already stretching that with the premise.

That being said, if I can use any tool, particularly reverse image search, to find another similar image closer to what I'm looking for, great!

As for the other I'll try the BeMi's suggestion first...
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Josietta

As stated in my thread there is a thread started by Caeli on this (found stickied at the top of the Finders Seekers forum):

Image Resources & Tips - How to Find Avatars, Inspirations, and Character Images

And My post regarding Google Image Search Specifically with picture step by step instructions.

Hope that helps!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!