Airships and Antiquities: Game Thread - Crew Wins

Started by Trieste, October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Standing

Once again Last arrived later than most to the bustling upon the deck. The crowd bickered before him, scratching his chest sleepily. He caught bits of sentences, until he ascertained that poor Mayerling was now missing as well.Captain Mad is one thing, but a new deckhand? This didn't sit well with him at all. This wasn't the kind of fun he sought.

He scanned the mass of gesticulating limbs and  ruddy faces, among which he spied a frail man, his teeth chattering in fright.

Last knew that the infirm ones would be the first to give into a curse if there was one, so, with a heavy heart, he threw in his two cents.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't seem to trust you, James Moriarty."

desert ashes

All there seemed to be was speculation and assumption.  At least, those were the sounds, the voices, that welcomed Moirae to the grim reality around them.  Why couldn't she have missed this ship like so many others?  Surely one more hour in the tavern would have been better than surrounded by this.  Rubbing a hand over her face, a wary but brief glance passed to the one who'd murmur her name, she inwardly prayed for a moment of restful sense.  It wasn't going to come -- not here.

"To join the confused masses, I, too, think Cyrano may have something to hide.  Pray, my forgiveness if you are not the murderer, but I doubt any here are truly innocent." 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Galactic Druid

"What a mess..." Guy said to Ryven as he sliced a few potatoes into the stew he had going. "First we almost launch with no captain, and now this. I don't like it, I'll tell you that. The sooner we do something about blokes like Cyrano, the safer I'll feel..."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Beguile's Mistress

Back on deck from the netherregions of the ship BeMi paused near Star Le Quin to admire the quality of his work.  One could never pay to much attention to the drives of an airship she knew from bitter experience having sailed with a crew destined for disaster due to sloppy maintenance.  Her once pristine shirt had a smudge here and there and the leather was scuffed in a few places.  With her tri-corn pushed back from her forehead and brass-buttoned coat draped over an arm she strode to the rail and looked out over the land below drawing in great draughts of fresh air.

"One would almost think, from this great height of ours, that we are above all strife and turmoil, wouldn't ye?"  Turning and leaning back with elbows resting on the side of the ship she surveyed the crew once again.  "Aye, we lost the captain and a good mate and listening to the lot of you it isn't easy to pick one of us to blame though blame we must.  I bear no grudge against ye," BeMi stated looking at Star and Kendra. 

"Tis a difficult task we've set ourselves and one made all the harder by Cyrano wouldn't you say?"

Trieste

Cyrano - 6
JM - 3
Kyrsa - 2
Mr B - 2
BeMi - 2
Niferbelle - 1
Moirae - 1
Kendra - 1
Valerian - 1

Yet to vote:
Mith, Falanor, Kyrsa

Last call for voting and/or changing votes - I plan to move things along in about 10 hours. :)

Kye

Kyrsa couldn’t quite mask the shock when not one, but two of her crew-mates expressed their concerns about her.  For a long moment she couldn’t think beyond that fact, the fear that she would be wrongly accused of such a horrible thing making her shiver slightly.  The fact that she could be accused so easily made her take a look at those the rest of the crew had turned against even more vehemently with a touch of sympathy, though it wouldn’t keep her from voting in the end. 

“I don’t know much about Cyrano, but the rest of ye seem set against him… I pray that yer right.”

Falanor

"Lookit us all...jumpin' round like jackrabbits," Falanor groused as he watched the crew and passengers passing blame this way and that.  "Blathering blatherskite, all of us...I be sorry for you, Cyrano.  Know not what you did to ruffle the feathers o' e'eryone but you done something.  Time for you to dance the hempen jig it is..."

Mithlomwen

"Oy."  Mith murmured to herself quietly as she tried to keep herself as busy as possible, not at all liking what was going on around her.  She had no earthly idea who might be responsible, but her fellow crew mates seemed focused on one in particular.  "Cyrano, I be sorely sorry, but seems me crew mates think the worst of ye." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Trieste

With the votes cast and tallied, it was decided that Cyrano Johnson would be brought to justice. Two of the more burly members of the crew grabbed the man and brought him to the edge of the ship, throwing him over the railing. After the sound of his screams died down, the crew conducted a search of Cyrano's berth, finding nothing to indicate he had been anything but a simple Crew Member.

As the ship sailed on, the crew retreated to their cabins, knowing no more about the traitors in their midst.

Night roles, please PM me if you're going to make use of your skill.

Players

• Saffron
  • Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • James Moriarty
  • ThatRPGuy
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Kendra
  • That Girl Analise
  • Valerian
  • Falanor
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Moirae
  • Kyrsa
  • The Last Standing

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 11/12
  • Mutineers - 4/5
  • Chirurgeon
  • Detective
  • Chemist
  • Simulacrum
  • Greenhorn
  • Pirate

Trieste

After a long night, uneasy for some and easy for others, the crew wakes to a beautiful dawn. It would be easy to forget that there was so much unpleasantness yesterday, especially since they all wake to find the crew intact. However, the crew still needs to rid themselves of mutineers in their midst, so...

Vote!

Falanor

Eyeing the others with no hidden suspicions, Falanor grumbled about poor sleep.  "So we have some bad apples among us, it seems...but I be believing that James happens to know more about them than he should..."

Autumn Sativus

Saffron had wandered the ship the night prior as usual and it didn't seem like anyone had been out of their bed, but of course there was no telling what lurked on this ship. Her mechanics didn't give her the ability to see through the walls, unfortunately, or she'd have happily taken the chance to protect the humans from whatever evil lurked here.

It was good that everyone was alive today, but the mutineers were still out there. "Beguile's, your behaviour has been very strange indeed... Have you anything to say for your innocence?" There was something suspicious indeed about the way Beguile's had refused to vote, then thrown in with the majority. Saffron had no idea if it meant she was guilty, but she had little else to go on...

I wish I was a real girl... Saffron thought, wondering if perhaps a better brain would help her to see the subtleties that the others may pick up on.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kazyth

Kazyth emerged from his bunk looking quite refreshed, absently tugging a tanktop on before running his fingers through his unruly chestnut hair.  Which, as is the nature of such things, only served to make his hair look even more sleep rumpled.  Bare feet padded across smooth wooden planks as he neared the others, chocolate eyes widening when accusations started flying again.  "What, we're back to this now?  Nobody died, why are we trying to throw someone overboard now?  Did someone lose the cards and dice?"  With a shake of his head and a sigh he looked around, then narrowed his gaze at Saffron.  "Why're you so interested in her, then, Saffron?  Trying to stir up trouble and throw us off the trail, maybe?"
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Autumn Sativus

"Ain't no point in throwin' an automaton overboard, Kazyth."
Us against the world

Starlequin

The bourbon tasted a mite sweeter on Steps' tongue this mornin'. No deaths in the night; he figured that might have had more'n a little to do with it. But he had no illusions toward what the day would hold. There was still work to be done, and not all of it would be clean.

LeQuin made for the mess hall, though with the intent of foregoing whatever soggy abomination the cooks decided to pass off as morning's breakfast. The others filed in 'bout the same time, and Steps listened from the back as new accusations bounced about. The grizzled swabbie hung his head, a bit despairing as the makings of a new quarrel broke out between two of the others, the mule and the chess piece. Before either of them could get going, though, Star withdrew a small wrench and slammed it against the wall behind him, loud enough to draw eyes on him. Then, leaning back with the wrench in hand, he...spoke.

Rap-a-Tap-Tap
.. - .----. ... /  - .-. ..- . /  -. --- /  --- -. . /  -.. .. . -.. /  .-.. .- ... - /  -. .. --. .... - --..-- /  -- .- - . --..-- /  -... ..- - /  .. -. /  -.-. .- ... . /  -.-- --- ..- .----. ...- . /  ..-. --- .-. --. --- - - . -. --..-- /  .-- . .----. ...- . /  ... - .. .-.. .-.. /  .-.. --- ... - /  .- - /  .-.. . .- ... - /  - .-- --- /  -.-. .-. . .-- /  - --- /  ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. /  --- -. /  - .... .. ... /  ... .... .. .--. --..-- /  .- -. -.. /  -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. . -.. /  .- /  - .... .. .-. -.. /  --- ..- .-. ... . .-.. ...- . ... .-.-.- /  -- .. ... ... /  .-. .- - -.-. .... . - /  .... .- ... /  .- /  .--. --- .. -. - .-.-.- /  - .... . .-. . .----. ... /  ... - .. .-.. .-.. /  .- /  -.-. .- -. -.-. . .-. /  --- -. /  - .... .. ... /  ... .... .. .--. --..-- /  .- -. -.. /  .-- . .----. ...- . /  -. --- /  -.-. .... --- .. -.-. . /  -... ..- - /  - --- /  -.-. ..- - /  .. - /  --- ..- - /  -... . ..-. --- .-. . /  .. - /  ... . -. -.. ... /  ..- ... /  .- .-.. .-.. /  .. -. - --- /  - .... . /  -.. .- .-. -.- --..-- /  --- -. . /  -... -.-- /  --- -. . .-.-.- 

Steps ceased tapping the wall and holstered the wrench, coolly meeting the eyes of his mates, and again settled his gaze on Beguile's Mistress. If the woman had any evidence to clear herself, now would be as good a time as any, and better than some.

Say what?
"It's true no one died last night, mates, but in case you've forgotten, we've still lost at least two crew to something on this ship, and murdered a third ourselves. Miss Ratchet there has a point. There's still a cancer on this ship, and we've no choice but to cut it out before it sends us all into the dark, one by one."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

That Girl Analise

"Ahm Inclined t' agree on James, m'self" Ana siad, emerging from the kitchen with some food for all "While it's m'hope tha' he's safe, I got this feelin' that there's more t'him than what's said."

Kye

"There is something about James.  I can't seem to put me finger on it, but I can't shake the feeling that he's up to no good," Kyrsa said as she braided her fiery hair over one shoulder absently. 

Kendra

She had wanted to protest, to stand up for the man they were quite willing to toss overboard but one voice in this ship wasn't worth much obviously. Who would go next because surely the count wasn't finished at two. Whatever misgivings she may have had with Beguiles Mistress she had a feeling now, just an inkling that her own thoughts were haphazard at best. She knew none here and could not vouch for a single one. She didn't know or trust the Cap'in and that just wasn't right either. Her one good eye searched the faces of those that had voted for Cyrano and wondered at each of them. Kendra wasn't blind, her one good eye afforded her still something and even she could see that something was afoot and mayhaps Falanor was one that they should be wary of.

Teo Torriatte

Luna glances around at everyone pointing their fingers at each other... but she has a few suspicions of her own, as well. She would hate to be wrong and be responsible for an innocent getting tossed overboard, but... she just can't get past wondering what Saffron has been up to.

Mithlomwen

Glancing around and nodding her head, Mith agreed with a few of her crew mates.  "Seems to be somethin' fishy about that James character.  Can't rightly say what it is, but somethin's off." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Val raised an eyebrow doubtfully as the votes piled up quickly against James Moriarty, noting the names of those making the accusations.  "You might be right to accuse him," she said, thoughtfully, "but some of you seem to be awful quick to gang up on a person... and that didn't work out so well last time," she added, wryly.  Whether that was a sign of betrayal or just the same ignorance every innocent person suffered from, though, was another question, and one Val couldn't answer.  "Maybe Beguile's Mistress can help clear some of this up."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

SunshineSparkle

Being able to spend a peaceful night of sleep helped her calm down the nerves ragging at her after the drama that had happened.Relief washed over her after noticing that no crew member was missing,danger was still present though
She listened to the parade of the ridiculous accusations directed at James Moriarty
"Me thinkin' That Girl Analise isn't as innocent as she seems to be"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Suspicions of Kazyth set aside, for the moment, Saffron turned her gaze back to her initial choice Beguile's, who still held her greatest suspicion. Kaz's vote defending the lady left her questioning his alignment, but the greater threat right now seemed to be the strange lady herself.
Us against the world

Teo Torriatte

Luna bit her lip as she walked down the hallway... after rethinking things a little bit, she realized that she had been way too hasty about her conclusions. So without any real idea as to who might be killing off her fellows, she decided to have a look into what Kendra might be up to.

Beguile's Mistress

"Phfft!  You could accuse me because you don't like the fact that I try to know what I'm about before I vote or because you don't like the way I dress I suppose.  I was just as wrong as all the rest who voted for Cyrano even though I tried to be sure and not flighty.  The fall ain't gonna kill me ya know and I may land where my belongings are for a fact.  Got stolen from me they did before I could board and left me with just m' travel clothes." 

BeMi swirled the rum in her tankard and took a drink as she watched the others and listened to accusations fly.

"The air be thick with distrust I see and not a little bit o' lyin'.  So why not cast m' vote now I says to myself and then I can wiffle-waffle with the best o' them."  Her speech may have been a little slurred and her stance not quite balanced due to an excess of spirits but the gimlet eye turned in Saffron's direction was hard and clear as she raised her cup in salute.