The complete DC Universe. (Interest check/Recruiting still.)

Started by Batman4560, August 17, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

belatris

RubySlippers

Writing Sample Joker and the Amazing Annoying Acrobatic Harley Bot Triplets and The Green Lantern:

Harleys go get the book I need as I hold off the Gotham PD, at least Batman is busy with the Harley Dolls over at the Charity. No one can stop us. Joker said as he laughed finally not having issues. Then a big green Jack in the Box appears and cranks drawing the Harley Bots attentions as they start breaching the security to the ancient tome of magic as they and the Joker approach it then out pops a smiley Harley made up like the joker but all green with a mallet then it pounds the Joker in the crotch.

OWWWWWWW Harley Bots get her! Joker kinds of gets that out as he slumps over grabbing his crotch as the Green Lanterns comes out of her invisibility.

The Green Lantern sends a powerful energy blast of searing green force destroying the book it not the Joker but Morgan Le Fey seeks it and destroying it will keep it from her hands then she turns to the Harley Bot. Time to play. she creates a mech around her with big machine guns and added force armor. Then lets the guns rip. Most of the shots miss as the Harley Bots evade until one lands into a Bot and shreds it. The kicks and clubs bounce off her armor as they attack her from each side as she is knocked over.

Joker decides runs away as they keep her busy as the Green Lantern sends out a blast wave that sends back the Harley Bots into the wall hard smashing them, taking out the windows and a good amount of the furniture and other displays.

As Morgan Le Fey appears the Green Lantern flies up and presents her ring generating a force shield the Joker is a nuisance, this is a far deadlier opponent as she raises her defenses.

[Did my best its easier when in the game and pacing ones posts.]

Batman4560

RubySlippers

The Joker is not a villain he just wants to kill Batman and well innocent people tend to break when he plays with them. He is just misunderstood.

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Wicked Vixen

not really sure how to ease Harley into the gameplay but I want to. Just know I am still here Batman

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

perhaps I just am not sure how i would bring her into what is going on unless I make her stumble upon what is going on Harley wouldn't really be wondering what cultists are doing unless for some reason they get her attention though I guess I could say she butts in because she is trying to be "good"

Batman4560

Well you could stick her in with Green Arrow. Also I think I am going to Pick up Batman and we could work something out from there. P.M. me if you want to talk more.

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 02, 2013, 12:55:13 AM
Well you could stick her in with Green Arrow. Also I think I am going to Pick up Batman and we could work something out from there. P.M. me if you want to talk more.

.. Oh batman is playing batman?

:-)

Wicked Vixen

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

belatris

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

RubySlippers

Harley the Joker can send out a Harley Bot to do bad things dressed just like you, that should get you going. With say a few hundred little versions to add to the mayhem.

Wicked Vixen

Gannameade

Ascia

Character you wish to portray: Helena Bertinelli

Hero, villain, or walking the line: Walking the Line

Powers and Physical Attributes:

Marksman - There's a short list of names comprising 'the world's best marksman' list, and no matter how you rank that handful of names one thing is certain: Helena Bertinelli is on that short list. Capable of performing nigh impossible feats of marksmanship.

Martial Artist - Helena Bertinelli follows an ancient line of Italian assassins where the only thing more frightening to being picked off by them at a distance, is the prospect of facing them in close quarters combat. In addition to familial training, Helena has trained with names such as Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon.

Mechanically Minded - From cars to helicopters to boats to her favorite purple motorcycle; Helena Bertinelli is a gear head that can operate nearly any motorized vehicle, and work on most of them.

Business Sense - From top placement at the London School of Economics to job offers from some of the world's largest financial institutions, Helena Bertinelli is a force in the business world and astute reader of world markets. After flipping wealthy old Bertinelli crime holdings into legitimate investment opportunities that paid off, and paid off big, Helena took firm control of the Bertinelli family finances--and never looked back.

Mafia Family - While it can be a weakness just as easily as it can be a strength, the 'crime' in the Bertinelli Crime Family has largely switched focus and energy into expanding the family's legitimate buisness empire. Largely, but not altogether. The remnants of the Gotham City branch of the Bertinelli family hold ancient grunges, and still look to Gotham City's underground as their primary means to reestablish their purpose in the city, and their pride.

Origin:

The most often mistaken fact about Helena Bertinelli is that she's American by birth, not Italian. The confusion is understandable, since she left the States at an early age. The the very next day after her Seventh birthday, in fact, her immediate family gunned down during her birthday party by gunmen that police never did identity in an event the Gotham Gazette called at the time; "The city's bloodiest birthday bath." 

Some saw it as an ill omen for the child and the Bertinelli family as a whole, the truth of it being that the family had been losing ground to rival Gotham families for years at the time of the massacre. No one quite knows how Helena survived, but since she was just a year earlier kidnapped for ransom, the Italian branch of the family decided enough damage had been done to the girl, that the only option left was to bring her to Italia.

The plan was for Helena to marry one of her second cousins, or a family friend on the way up. Plans that weren't unheard for a Mafia Princess that had lost her family in bloodshed. But when the family Patriarch's brother, Giovanni Bertinelli, took the little girl with him to hunt fowl...the plans for Helena would never be the same again. Once the foremost assassin in the Mafia, Giovanni knew a natural born killer when he saw it. And in young Helena, he saw it in spades. No one could blame Giovanni for not seeing just how far Helena would go in that moment.

For most of her life, Helena remains an after thought. She is simply the pretty girl more interested in books and learning than in dancing and boys, no more attention is given to her than a few failed attempts at courtship by local young men. (Nevermind she's a lesbian, a fact that still remains private information to this day.) Even her high marks at University doesn't seem to attract much attention from Mafioso rivals or law enforcement alike. As far as they're concerned, Helena's the good girl of the Bertinelli clan. A belief furthered when Helena starts turning old assets of the family once used to cover crimes as start up capital for new investments.

A belief brought into question when Helena finally returns to Gotham City, assuming her place atop the Bertinelli family remnants in Gotham. Although the Gotham City Bertinelli branch at first begins to pivot attention from crime to legitimate buisness just like all the other branches of the Bertinelli family have believed to have done, quickly it becomes clear a new family is infilitrated Gotham, stealing information and resources and men from other families in the town, seeming stocking up for an attack on the criminal establishment of Gotham City.

Rare as a woman to be atop such an organization as a Mafia family is, unthinkable is the idea of a masked vigilante by night acting as a Mafia boss during the day. Impossible as it may be to believe, that's exactly what's happened when the return of Helena was shortly followed by the appearance of a masked femme fatale dressed in purple and black known for exessive violence, and the usage of crossbows. Whether anyone can connect those dots before Helena Bertinelli either gets herself killed by her own 'Family', or crowned the crime lord of Gotham City, remains to be seen. And whether Helena Bertinelli aims to be hero or villain...no one seems to know.

Least of all Helena Bertinelli.

The Question That Burns:

I can't think of a character better suited for 'walking the line', traumatized early on, sharpened into a weapon over the span of her life, and a strong woman torn between dualing impulses: both the impulse to be a hero, and the impulse to 'pay back' Gotham City and it's crime families for what Helena believes they did to her family. So why her? The option to be the hero or the villain, whatever the game needs.

What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:

An interesting element that's anything but predictable, I hope. I have a large base of knowledge for the DCU, love roleplaying, love comics. And with a character that's set up to be anything she needs to be, the ability to adapt to the game, not try to get the game to adapt to me or my character.

Sample:

A second after Henri dissapeared after the TV interview wrapped, before they had even left the studio building, Andre was whispering at her ear. "Detonni killed one of our men."

"He did, or one of his sons?" There was a difference, even if it was more or less purely an artificial difference to everyone but Helena. But to Helena, it did matter. Detonni's sons were thugs, and brutes. Spoiled South Shore morons. Detonni's neglect and own brute ways had only inspired his sons, but Detonni wasn't stupid. Nor was he shameful, or ignorant of the Mafia and it's ways. And it's rules. If Detonni had killed one of their men...it meant war. Bertinelli had just returned to Gotham. They were strong, and scary...because afterall, Helena had no ties to them. No ties anyone could rightfully prove, anyway. Andre was the fall guy. It had been his idea, and Helena had been more than happy to let him do it...even if she acted as if she would never let anything happen to him. But people knew Helena was in charge. At least, the other Bosses did. And that's what mattered. There was a woman in their man's world. Not the first time. Sofia Falcone had once been a Mafia Gotham boss, too...much good that it did her.

"One of his sons."

Helena smiled at the door man and the police officers that were there for security when she exited the building through a side exit. Even for a side exit, she could hear the crowd before she saw them. And the moment she appeared out of the doors and into the street, her coat back around her, that crowd was all she heard. Gotham City reminded her of Rome, sometimes. That she were Caesar returning from some foreign war, cheered and adored by the Roman citizens. Because as far as she could tell, that's as simple as it was for Gotham City. She had helped keep Gotham City alive, bailing them out of the kind of financial trouble that would've put the city into a deep economic funk. Had she not stepped in, the jobless in the city would swell to record levels, if the projections were correct. And Helena had seen the math on the projections. They WERE right.

She gave a wave at the crowd before hurrying into the limo, Andre trailing her and closing the door behind them. In the silence of the vehicle she finally sighed, and considered. She couldn't show weakness. Not this early. Mercy was not appreciated by the other Bosses. To them, she had to be just as ruthless. Just as dangerous. If not more so. Her plan to simply pay them all off had mostly worked. She provided them with actual business investments, legitimate ways of making money...more money than crime would make them. And in return, they slowly started turning criminal elements over to her. She was simply buying her power. But some families...some Bosses...could not be bought. To those Bosses...she had to be bloody, and harsh, and hard hearted.

Detonni was one of them.

"We should kill him," Andre said, finally.

"Andre...is there someone under you that you trust completely? Someone you'd trust your life to?"

Without waiting a second, her cousin nodded firmly. "Yes."

It only made her sigh again, sadder than before. "The wiser answer would have been no, cousin."

The man stared at her. There were times when Andre forgot the capacity in which she operated. When Andre thought of her as the Boss, as the Don, and not as the genius with the fanatical drive. And then she would say something...something full of the sort of wisdom that cut straight through the world he saw all around him, and straight to the hard reality of the world that actually was around him. She loved her cousin, she truly did. She'd like to see him survive, if it all possible. "Kill Detonni and one of those sons will simply take over for him. Detonni isn't old and grey. He has many years in him, still. But if we execute one of those sons in front of him, and make him know he cannot do anything about it...then we send him a message. One he is unlikely forget for the rest of his life. And maybe, just maybe, a lesson that will teach him to reign those sons of his in a little bit."

Andre nodded, and this time, he did so with a new sort of smile on his lips. One of satisfaction.

Roster Image:

belatris

Ohh always been a huntress fan.

Not sure ill like being on the pointy end of the crossbows at some point, but it will be fun.