Pathfinder: Ivalice Recruitment (Seeking Players!)

Started by Angie, February 06, 2019, 11:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stendarr

Hey I'm interested in playing this one, but I've never done Pathfinder before. If someone could help me I'd love to make a character. The races here are very interesting. Is there a list of classes I can look at somewhere?

Angie

Quote from: Stendarr on February 14, 2019, 06:18:59 PM
Hey I'm interested in playing this one, but I've never done Pathfinder before. If someone could help me I'd love to make a character. The races here are very interesting. Is there a list of classes I can look at somewhere?

The races in the first post are the ones we're using, since they are the ones actually in this world.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Stendarr

Yeah, I see the races. I was wondering about the classes.

Angie

Stendarr

Angie

Quote from: Stendarr on February 14, 2019, 07:39:15 PM
Oh boy. Any of these at all?

As you're a new player, I would stick to Core and Base for your first few runs-maybe Alternate, as the Ninja I see there is basically a variant Rogue. Check out the Core and the Base and trust me when I say you have a million options there :3

Stendarr

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1832433

I've started putting together a Moogle Gunslinger. It would be a big help if someone could point out things I need to finish the list up. I know I need to figure out things like rations and other adventuring gear.

I was thinking I would do a futa character if no one was bothered.

Angie

Quote from: Stendarr on February 15, 2019, 06:42:20 AM
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1832433

I've started putting together a Moogle Gunslinger. It would be a big help if someone could point out things I need to finish the list up. I know I need to figure out things like rations and other adventuring gear.

I was thinking I would do a futa character if no one was bothered.

Well, you need to do the small weapon damage, as Moogles are small and a medium Dragoon Musket would be like a cannon to them. So the weapon damage is actually 1d10. On the other hand, you can use the medium sized weapon, but it would be a -2 on all attack rolls if you ran with it.

Stendarr

Yeah, I was gonna do the medium one with the -2 to hit. I counted the -2 in the hit part of the weapon already. I wanted her to be a really courageous, go get em, loving loud sounds, type.

What do CMD and CMB stand for?

Also what deities are there to choose from? Is it expected that most people worship, or is there a decent atheist population?

Can I get some time before the campaign starts for my character to sell her starting musket off a scrap, and build some ammunition?

Is a medium load reasonable to be carrying around all day?

I should add my Con mod to every level for HP gain right?

Angie

Quote from: Stendarr on February 15, 2019, 10:27:32 PM
Yeah, I was gonna do the medium one with the -2 to hit. I counted the -2 in the hit part of the weapon already. I wanted her to be a really courageous, go get em, loving loud sounds, type.

What do CMD and CMB stand for?

Also what deities are there to choose from? Is it expected that most people worship, or is there a decent atheist population?

Can I get some time before the campaign starts for my character to sell her starting musket off a scrap, and build some ammunition?

Is a medium load reasonable to be carrying around all day?

I should add my Con mod to every level for HP gain right?

CMD and CMB are Combat Manuever Defense/Bonus. Basically instead of having a million rules for grapple/trip/disarm/whatever it all became CMB/CMD.

I use the standard deities, mostly because adding new gods is hard :( The world of Ivalice, at least at about this time, seems decently atheistic enough. Moogles may also have the option of worshipping "Good King Mog", a mythological hero of Mooglekind. You're not a cleric so it's less important for you, but if you want the bravado type god, go for Cayden Cailean.

You'll have prep time, assuming we do the monster hunting clan idea.

Medium load slows you down, and I'd probably impose a similar penalty on flight. Can't remember what it is though, not off the top of my head.

And finally, yes.

Stendarr

Load        Max Dex   Check Penalty   Speed   Run
Medium   +3                 –3              20 ft.   15 ft.   
Heavy      +1                –6              20 ft.   15 ft.   

I found this table for load. Medium is pretty bad.

My musket is gonna be really heavy. I would probably be better off taking a small one, but I can't fight the weight for a small musket. Can't find the weight of a small buckler either. Assuming that small weapons and shields even exist.

Edit: I've found that small firearms weigh half as much. On top of that, you can't use two-handed firearms that are a size larger than you. Still not sure about buckler.

Angie

Quote from: Stendarr on February 16, 2019, 04:06:16 AM
Load        Max Dex   Check Penalty   Speed   Run
Medium   +3                 –3              20 ft.   15 ft.   
Heavy      +1                –6              20 ft.   15 ft.   

I found this table for load. Medium is pretty bad.

My musket is gonna be really heavy. I would probably be better off taking a small one, but I can't fight the weight for a small musket. Can't find the weight of a small buckler either. Assuming that small weapons and shields even exist.

Edit: I've found that small firearms weigh half as much. On top of that, you can't use two-handed firearms that are a size larger than you. Still not sure about buckler.

Small weights are generally half the weight of the original.

Angie

Hey, if you've got a completed sheet, PM it to me so I can keep them all straight.

Sophos

Captjoe

Put me down as interested if you're still looking for players. I'm thinking about a Bangaa Hunter (class) with the Primal Companion archetype. Basic concept is that he's out to prove that he and his companion are the very top of the food chain through hunting bigger and more dangerous game.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Angie

Only gotten three sheets so far. Anyone else interested, PM me a sheet

Crensler

So, I was hoping to get in on the fun here, and I have a question regarding my character idea, if you wouldn't mind answering it for me.  Now, I was thinking of making a Garif warpriest, and since Garif are not typically keen on metal, I was looking at ironwood.  I was just wondering how that would work for equipment purchasing, like would they be masterwork due to the fact ironwood is made with magic?  I'm cool with that, just so you know, but I like the idea of smacking someone with what amounts to as a sharp stick XP

Angie

Quote from: Crensler on February 22, 2019, 05:06:27 PM
So, I was hoping to get in on the fun here, and I have a question regarding my character idea, if you wouldn't mind answering it for me.  Now, I was thinking of making a Garif warpriest, and since Garif are not typically keen on metal, I was looking at ironwood.  I was just wondering how that would work for equipment purchasing, like would they be masterwork due to the fact ironwood is made with magic?  I'm cool with that, just so you know, but I like the idea of smacking someone with what amounts to as a sharp stick XP

I would say make it masterwork. Also, treat the fluff in the descriptors as just that-fluff. You can be a Garif that rejects that. I may not have explained it super well, but my intention was more of an "Old Ways Vow" where they prefer hand crafted goods to those that would be made in a factory or something similar. Still, if we wanna do ironwood I would say at least make it Masterwork, they're not gonna waste a 6th level spell on shitty construction.

Crensler

Ahhh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.  Makes sense to me, and I'll get back to you when I have the character ready for review ^^

Angie

Alright, I'm gonna give people til Monday to submit a sheet, and then I'll pick my party.

Angie

Okay, at this point it's "literally the next person to PM me a sheet gets in".

Sophos

Juuust making sure, but do i actually need to PM you the sheet where I posted mine in the thread? Because I honestly hadn't even thought of PMing it to you after that.