Posting Pictures

Started by Mathim, August 17, 2009, 11:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I had a few questions regarding posting erotic images on here; I wanted to make one of those 'picture plots' request threads but I was wondering if there's a limit to what can be shown in pictures or if it's basically all good...wasn't 100% sure if that was a public or private area but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

The other problem (and I know I'm not the only one having this) is that photobucket won't allow explicit images (or anything even close to becoming explicit) so I don't know what else to do to get pictures from my computer onto the net and not have them be deleted by whatever site I upload them to. Are there any other sites I can use or any other things I can do? I mean, I have to use my portable flash drive to transport the pictures, this computer I'm using isn't mine and I can't exactly leave explicit material on here overnight.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Neroon

I would say that the thing to bear in mind is rule 8 from the elliquiy blogs:

QuoteAdult material stays in the private parts of the site. The public areas include the ShoutBox, #Elliquiy in IRC, and the left column of forums (all forums visible to unapproved members). Linking to adult material is permitted if declared as adult / not safe for work (nsfw). This is somewhat relaxed in the Wanted area of the forums.

I'd say that if photobucket won't allow it, then it shouldn't be on a public part of E.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Vekseid

You can upload anything legal and conforming to the basic rules to the wiki, however, if you start such a thread in the private forums.

You can make a pictures thread and link it to a pictures listing in your O/O or something similar.

jouzinka

Or you can attach those picture plots to your Ons and Offs and like Karma said, link them in your signature.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Mathim

I don't get it, how can I upload them onto this Elliquiy site if Photobucket is just going to delete them the minute I put them on there? I need to know where I can upload them from this computer onto the net without them being deleted. There has to be an in-between place between getting them from the computer to Elliquiy, and Photobucket isn't an option regrettably.

I heard something about 'wiki' but I highly doubt I can upload things through wikipedia, even they have to have SOME standards. Unless I'm mistaken...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mathim

I see. Well just my luck, this computer blocks that site. Mother effin' prudes...

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Mathim

Blocked too. I'll just get someone else to do it, they're already trying. Thanks for that, though. I never really use those little buttons under the shoutbox, so I never noticed the 'wiki' entry on there.