Taken, a Game of the Captive (DnD 3.5 or PF) (NC-EX)

Started by ShadowFox89, January 27, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

I prefer to mix and match I like what PF did with the ranger and sorc  and fighter classes espectially.

Callie Del Noire

Have an image of an exotic type (tiefling, cat folk, or such) being locked up for simply being.  Not that he/she isn't otherwise deserving it. (want to do a thrifty type)

ShadowFox89

Going off of those who have expressed interest, how would you feel about this for a setup?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
You have been taken prisoner by the Salchmor Empire. Your crime could be anything; Maybe you were a member of a rebel group. Maybe you stole to keep yourself fed. Maybe you were a member of the royal family of a recently captured land. Or maybe you just had the unfortunate chance of not being human.

Whatever the reason, you were brought to this island prison. Stripped of all possessions and dignity. Until the day you die or the day you earn your freedom, you are a prisoner here. Enjoy your stay.

It gives a chance for any kind of character to be played and numerous options for escape or freedom. I'd like to keep spellcasters to a minimum, and it's likely that you won't be starting with any wealth.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

as I said, I was thinking of a very large and scary looking human. He could be intimidating the others at first but he is in fact a very kind man, sort of a giant with a heart if you know what I mean.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

tuckers02

If you have room for one more, I have a very interesting concept for this game.  One of my favorite characters to play but not for every campaign.  I don't have experience with PF, but I've been wanting to try it.  I do know 3.5 pretty well though.

Callie Del Noire

I can makeup a knife type rogue if you're going with PF

Kimera

The island prison sounds interesting

Count me in :)

kongming

Given spellcasters are the only characters who can function without the actual wealth by level... yeah, I'm going to have to insist on playing a caster.

But the basic idea works, allowing for varying backgrounds and personalities, and letting us try to earn our freedom, escape, take the place over, whatever.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Snake

Monks can function without the wealth. I was thinking of making one of them :3 well a PF variant called the Martial Artist. Basically a monk with teh file numbers clipped off :P they don't get as many supernatural abilities but they do get fighter feats.

ShadowFox89

Keep in mind that everyone will have some sort of problem at the start. Those that rely on equipment won't have any. Spellcasters.... I have a few ideas. Some of them particularly unpleasant. Monks will be locked up most of the time.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Put spellcasters in an anti-magic cell. Fighters and martial types ina forcecage.... and string rogues and monks up by the wrists.

With a keyed portal being the only way in or out of the prison block. Meaning they'd have to escape, jump a guard or they're simply stuck.

ShadowFox89

Nah. I have far more interesting ideas for spellcasters. I still want you guys to be able to interact, locking everyone away would make it little better than a bunch of solo games.

If you are interested in a spellcaster, pm me and we can talk about the limits on what you are willing to have done to your character to keep them from blasting everyone with a magic missile.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

So where do you want the chars? Jus tpost them here or PM them to you?

ShadowFox89

Post here, but fluff first. We can work out the crunch later.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Er Fluff? Like name: appearance,  that type of deal?

ShadowFox89

Yeah. I'll put up a template if you need.

Sorry, posting from phone so I can't do large posts.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Callie Del Noire

Hmm..

Wukong Singe: The Laughing Brigand.

Background: No one was sure where the infamous Wukong Singe had come from. Rumor varied, most of them having been created by the infamous liar himself. He was a man cursed by a mage, or he was a monkey gifted with human qualities, or he was a trickster spirit made flesh. Whatever reason he came to be, the man-monkey was known to steal from those he felt took advantage of others (including bent tax collectors). Finally his thirst for drink has gotten him captured and locked away after one particularly epic (in his tales) drinking adventure over most of the city.

ShadowFox89

[b]Name[/b]: Self explanatory
[b]Race[/b]: Pathfinder races to make things easy
[b]Class[/b]: We'll go with pathfinder classes
[b]Gender and preference[/b]: Self explanatory
[b]Physical Description[/b]: How does your character look?
[b]Mental Description[/b]: How does your character think?
[b]Background[/b]: Don't need too much. Maybe a paragraph or two.
[b]Ons[/b]: What you'd like to see happen to your character
[b]Limits[/b]: What you absolutely will not allow happen to your character

That should work for a template.

Biggest difference between PF and 3.5 is the lack of level adjustments in PF. Though there are rules in the SRD for playing a monster race as a PC, I haven't looked them over yet.

So, two big decisions-
PF or 3.5?
What level? The higher the level, the more detail I expect put into characters and the more powerful your captors will be.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

how about lvl 7-10, not to strong, but you can already do some stuff

I know d&d3.5 the best, but pathfinder is no problem either

Callie Del Noire

tuckers02

Awww, I was hoping to be the Healer class from the Miniature's Handbook.  Would that be okay?

As far as everything else, I'm fine with what everyone else decides.

ShadowFox89

Sorry Tucker, I don't have the miniature's handbook :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire