Need a small, active group, story-centered, street-level heroes OR fantasy

Started by Ixy, May 14, 2015, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Oooh, I like the archipelago idea.
It's a nice way to have a region with a unified cultural backdrop, but every island would also have it's own flavor and attitude depending on its denizens.

PhantomPistoleer

Me too!  I especially like the fact that anyone can design their own island and introduce it into the game through narrative, background, or prodding.  Like, a player could have their character say, "I have an idea -- the island of Jasser is a five days trip from hence, in good weather.  It is a small island, controlled by pirates.  Some of the men below deck have mentioned that the pirates of Jasser have taken a lord hostage.  If we free him, the reward for his safe return would go a long way towards paying the governor's bribe."
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Thorne

I was actually thinking something a little more inland, with more mountains and less sand. Mebbe not /cold/ .. but not tropical, either.
I like the idea of the great houses, and the little towns, though.

*skritch* Can we do airships? Flying sails, not zeppelins or elemental control rings ala Eberron. ;p
Sort of like this

Less steampunk and more Master and Commander, with a side order of Meridian. >.>

Mebbe one of those islands has a floating forest, like .. um..
this?
Magic might not work very well there, forcing all harvesting to be done by hand; and the wood is in high demand because that specific tree doesn't grow anywhere else.

... as it turns out, I have a wild assortment of images that might make for very interesting 'set pieces'.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Thorne on May 17, 2015, 04:09:10 PM
I was actually thinking something a little more inland, with more mountains and less sand. Mebbe not /cold/ .. but not tropical, either.
I like the idea of the great houses, and the little towns, though.

*skritch* Can we do airships? Flying sails, not zeppelins or elemental control rings ala Eberron. ;p
Sort of like this

Less steampunk and more Master and Commander, with a side order of Meridian. >.>

Mebbe one of those islands has a floating forest, like .. um..
this?
Magic might not work very well there, forcing all harvesting to be done by hand; and the wood is in high demand because that specific tree doesn't grow anywhere else.

... as it turns out, I have a wild assortment of images that might make for very interesting 'set pieces'.

... I've always wanted to build an airship...  but, I think that Ixy wants to do a low-magic setting.

But I love Eberron airships.  And I also like floating islands.  Ever since I read about how Ithorians, the hammerhead races from Star Wars, used floating islands on their homeworld, I've been obsessed with floating islands.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 17, 2015, 04:14:17 PM
... I've always wanted to build an airship...  but, I think that Ixy wants to do a low-magic setting.

How fortunate that airships are not magical. /snark
But I imagine that it's to be medieval tech as well...

ANYWAY. As far as personal character concepts go, I think I want to do some kind of librarian/scribe/seer, probably in a vizier position (maybe to our noble patron, if we go that route). Going to be going that Pathfinder Chronicler route.

Maybe take ranks in Profession (baker) and use my written bardic music abilities to make fortune cookies.

*character breaks open cookie*
Fortune: "YOU WILL KICK ARSE TODAY"
+1 inspire courage.

:P