Ladies of the stars - Space Opera RPG (Now Recruiting Female Players Only)

Started by Ada, September 07, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ada

Currently accepting female players only, sorry to the males that expressed interest, but this is our little, "Girls Night Out."

Through circumstances that are varied, we've all managed to find ourselves on a small cargo ship. She's fast, she's quiet, good for smuggling, but she's not entirely reliable.

We're looking for a crew for this beauty. Her name's Beauty! Isn't she beautiful? We'll take her from one end of this galaxy to the other and see what trouble we can get into along the way.

It's 3500 years from today, thousands of worlds have been colonized and humans have found that so far they are alone in the galaxy. Still, post-humans are everywhere with enhancements and drawbacks that come with genetic tailoring, selective breeding and other fun mutation experiments! Some post-humans have their own cultures and are just as alien as anything you might see in a space opera, but some are like you and me, only with minor tweaks and perkier tits. Come join the crew!

History:

Initial human colonization came in the form of generation ships but true colonization began in earnest after a breakthrough in faster-than-light technology (FTL). This breakthrough involved the use of four-dimensional physics in something called a Tesseract Array Engine.

As human colonies expanded, they broke away to form their own governments, initially acting as independent, quietly cohabiting worlds that would trade peacefully. As humans became more comfortable in space, they soon found methods to control and manipulate other worlds and soon coalitions and small empires formed, fell and reformed. At present, the known galaxy is dominated by The Galactic Empire. The Galactic Empire is a grandiose term for a collection of systems that spans only about 6,000 systems in the outer spiral arm of the galaxy. The Empire is, however, almost religiously expansionist and with its ambitions, it will certainly try to live up to its name.

The Empire itself is a little like the British Empire of old, controlling some puppet governments, directly controlling other colonies. It imposes trade standards and rules through the power of its fleet and the skill of its admirals. Many of their colonies have a civilian government, police force, and many will be allowed to maintain an armed militia. All worlds within the Empire have an Imperial Bureaucracy Office within the capital city. Many will also have an Imperial garrison. The Imperial Space Navy and Imperial Space Marines draw their troops from nearly all worlds within the Empire. Volunteers and/or conscripts are sent for training to one of the worlds that is owned and run by the Navy for the Navy, They will never be posted back to their home world.

The Imperial Police have broad jurisdiction but are meant to be applied as a task force for major crimes that threaten the Empire directly. They have an office on most worlds and will investigate citizens at all levels of society under the authority of Imperial Security.

Many worlds exist outside of The Galactic Empire's sphere of influence, although they still claim jurisdiction over worlds they do not yet directly control. On the fringes of the Empire are nearly 2,500 worlds that govern themselves entirely independently and resist attempts to undermine their autonomy. Some of these worlds form small coalitions but no world or coalition has enough resources or coordination to withstand the sway of The Empire when they choose to turn their resources towards claiming a new world.

On the fringes of Imperial influence, one can make a living, working in the gray areas of the law. It's here we find Beauty slipping her way through the void, picking up hot cargo and delivering it where it needs to go. She's got a reputation for having a colorful crew but she gets the job done.

Currently accepting applications for female characters from female players only.

So the basic idea is a sexy but "realistic" crew of a freighter/smuggling ship in a space opera type setting. It's a small crew who works together to solve problems, socializes, visits exotic places and gets into trouble. It's free-form RP with an active GM who also happens to be the ship's gunner. Submit your characters and let's get up to some spacey antics.

Crew so far:

Other possible crew positions:
  • First Mate
  • Sciencey Type Person
  • Engineer's Mate
  • Pastry Chef (Okay, maybe not)

Most major roles are filled but if there's a role not on the list, feel free to pitch it anyway. We should double up on some roles anyhow. Things that might cause concern in your application are:

• Characters that are overly good at a lot of things.
  • Characters that don't have a lot of flaws or their flaws are limited to the flaws of most outlaws (short temper, doesn't like authority, yes we're all like that, what else do you have?).
  • A lot of typos and grammatical errors (we're not perfect, but show that you're trying by making a good first impression).
  • Overly shy/quiet characters. This can severely limit your interactions with your crew mates. It's not a deal breaker, shy/quiet characters are cool on TV maybe, but more difficult to RP in a collaborative environment.

Things that will earn you brownie points in your application:

• Flaws that will limit what they're good at, example: You're a crack shot with a revolver, but any other handgun just doesn't feel right in your hand.
  • Using the writing prompts in the character sheet to grow your character concept. It's a red flag if your character doesn't miss or admire anyone. Paint a picture and let your character breathe a little.
I'm still taking suggestions on plots and themes we'd like to explore. We'll be focusing on fun and adventure, a little drama and of course, smut! This is meant to be light-hearted but that's not to say some parts couldn't get serious or dark on occasion.

---

The Rules (OOC)

• Be nice: I don't like mean people.
  • Be attentive: Read the posts people make. They put effort into them. They put hooks in them. Respond nicely and in kind.
  • Be here: If you're going to be absent, try to let us know. If you can't post once every few days, please don't make a fuss if you get skipped in a scene.
  • Be awesome: Write! Have fun! Make friends! Use exclamation points when you're excited!

Sample character sheet below. Feel free to deviate if you'd like to. Simple answers are fine, unless otherwise noted, but try to use some of these prompts as chances to flesh out your character and ask yourself questions about them. Please write at least 3-4 paragraphs, more is encouraged but not necessary:
[float=right][img height=300]IMAGE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Specialty:[/b] (Piloting, Warp Core Theory, General Sexiness, etc.)
[b]Home Planet:[/b] Make something up, be creative, write a paragraph about it.
[b]Reason for Leaving Home:[/b]
[b]Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship:[/b]
[b]Further Background Information:[/b]
[b]Warrants for your arrest (optional):[/b]
[b]Criminal Background (optional):[/b]
[b]I'm really good at:[/b]
[b]I'm really bad at:[/b]
[b]My favorite place:[/b]
[b]The person I miss most:[/b]
[b]The person I admire most:[/b]
[b]O/Os:[/b]Link okay.
[b]If my player drops or can not post for a while please:[/b]Your requests for what to do with your character in case we need to keep the game moving. Please also indicate if you're okay if we find someone to take over your character of if you'd prefer the character be written out.

Current Game Threads

OOC Threads:  RecruitingOOC
IC Threads:Beauty: Main Areas  Beauty: Crew Quarters  Off Ship
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - A's and A's - Back after a long absence. If you recognize me, feel free to reach out and start something fresh with me. If not, no hard feelings.

Ada

Thanks for the interest fellas, but I'm switching gears and we're going to try to run with an all ladies crew! Sorry to disappoint and good luck in your searches.

Ladies, come aboard! Once I can confirm that we'll have enough to play, I'll post guidelines for pitching characters.
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - A's and A's - Back after a long absence. If you recognize me, feel free to reach out and start something fresh with me. If not, no hard feelings.

Chrystal

Permission to come aboard, Cap'n?

Seeing as you have made it Girls Only, I feel honour-bound to say, I'm in!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kadigan

I'd be interested, but would not be interested in a system based one.

Ada

That looks like one vote for no system and one vote for free online system. Fate is available free online and is a pretty easy/light system but it seems to be somewhat of an unknown around here. I'm happy to go with no system if that's fine with everyone.

Chrystal

I prefer Freeform to system as well, just saying....

As for setting, I would love it if we could make this an original setting, perhaps with blended elements of Firefly, Star Wars, Babylon 5 and other possibly less well known sci-fi?

I have a couple of options in "world Building", one is a WiP that I was planning to use elsewhere and is perhaps a little too complex. The other one is a far looser structure generally more like an overview of the universe in which to set a story. For this one it could work quite well.

The Galactic Empire

It's just a suggestion, and of course the setting is wide open to alteration, interpretation and compromise. Please take a look and tell me what you think?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Rel Mayer

I'm interested, but I would prefer Freeform.

I'm bookmarking this to see where it goes!

Ada

It sounds like nobody's clamoring for any rule set and people are chiming in for freeform, so we'll go with that.

Chrystal, I like where you went with your world there. It's sort of in the vein of what I was thinking. Would you mind if I built off of it and made tweaks here and there?

It looks like we have enough to make this viable. I've posted an OOC thread. Come on in!

Chrystal

Feel free. If you could post to the World-Building thread to say what changes you plan to make, please?

The reason for this is firstly so that people in this game know what is different, secondly so that anyone else wishing to utilise the background knows that they can change it and how to inform me (and their players) and thirdly so I can keep track of the idea and how it is being used.

*goes to the OOC thread*

Dhi

Ada, do you see the cast of this space opera being mostly human, or would an alien creature be appropriate to genre?

Ada

Quote from: Dhi on September 09, 2014, 10:30:12 PM
Ada, do you see the cast of this space opera being mostly human, or would an alien creature be appropriate to genre?

I think we're leaning all human at this point. I'm not opposed to aliens per se, but I'd rather get a consensus.

Chrystal

I have no issues with aliens... (as I said in the OOC).

I will happily go along with whatever everyone else wants. If we stick to humans, that is fine. If people want to play aliens, I will probably make a Mrrinka female...

Eislynn

I've been away from E... But this might be just what I need to make a comeback. I'm interested.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Ada on September 09, 2014, 10:44:03 PM
I think we're leaning all human at this point. I'm not opposed to aliens per se, but I'd rather get a consensus.

I'd assume aliens exist, but are not extremely common in human-controlled space, humans being nasty, xenophobic bitches even amongst themselves. Wandering traders, contract labor, smugglers themselves- but few and far between, until you get closer to their racial space. Rey is, ATM, half outlier human half SOMETHING that might or might not be alien- if it's decided we're going with a dirty humie only galaxy, I'll edit the ambiguity out.

Oh, and ditzelf is ditz.  Character HERE in Recruitment, dur
Slightly edited, per request

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: R'heyehlee Droon

Description: VERY tall (nearly 2 meters), slender and flat-hipped but full-breasted, pale as starlight through atmo. Eyes of an almost metallic purple shade. Her unusual facial markings are nether makeup nor ink; they're actual skin coloration, inherited via her mixed and questionable parentage, and can be found down her neck and the length of her spine (assuming you ever catch her uncovered that much), and elsewhere.  She's 25 Illusk cycles in age, which converts to a bit over 19 GSY.

Off-ship, always goes bundled and hooded; she's remarkably body-shy, but it also gives her a good place to hide both her long-barreled boomer and anything useful she might 'borrow' while they're in port.

Most of the time 'Rey' (no one can really pronounce the whole thing correctly, so let's just save us all the embarrassment, huh?) is very soft-spoken, which is to say almost silent, but when she's riled one can get a graduate-level course in Curses and Imprecations in a dozen languages and patois just by stopping to listen for a bit.

Specialty: Making even the cheapest ingredients taste tolerable; 'federalizing' supplies.

Home Planet: Illlusk Node 3- not a planet, but a roughneck 'Boom Town' station, full of asteroid miners, grifters, whores, thieves- and smugglers.

Reason for Leaving Home: Hmmm. Spend the rest of life slinging hash for drunk miners with wandering hands, or run off with a group of femmes who at least bathe once in a while. Decisions, decisions.  Well, OK, there was also the still she ran, providing 'duty free' rotgut for the miners- the Marshal was getting tired of busting it up every week or so.

Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: Everybody's got to eat, even smugglers. Eating decently means more than prying the edge of a can open with your slicer. Technically, she's only working her passage to anywhere far, far away from Illusk, but so far she's shown no real urge to step off, despite stopovers at decent locations.

Further Background Information: Mom was a Nillian 'good-time girl', doing debt service after her contract husband dumped her on Illusk; Da might have been a Skrill or a Trenn, or any of the compatible near-human races, for all I know. I'm betting Skrill- I've got the height and the coloring. Thank Stars I didn't get the tentacles. It's hard, on the frontier, growing up female, and different, and the daughter of a playfemme. Well, OK, I coulda stopped with 'female'. Most guys, and some of the gals, think automatically you're in the same business as your parent. Some of them get offended when you try to correct their impressions. So I learned to talk in a way they understand- language that'd weld tunnel trusses, followed up with a boomer shoved in one nostril to drive the point home.

I don't like the roughhouse; like Ma, I bruise easy, and my balance has never been right- thin ankles and big chest. And angry people give me a headache. Better to smile and say nothing and ignore them. Once in a while, though, a girl just has to get loud to be heard.

Warrants for your arrest (optional): Technically, she was under debt contract to Zar, who owned the place she left in such a hurry, splitting the debtpay with her Mother. So yeah...felony breach of contract.

Criminal Background (optional): It's only a background if you get caught, and she's always been smart enough to 'borrow' things that could easily have been honestly mislaid, or used up. So far.

I'm really good at: Cooking, swearing, dancing (not in public, nononono.), picking stuff up unnoticed.

I'm really bad at: Any kind of  physical violence, no singing voice, can't hold liquor at all, not a great shot, if it's not a stove, keep tech away from me.

My favorite place: Anywhere with open space and a view of the sky. Growing up in tunnels, having only the tiniest views of the Outside, cramps the breath and the brain. Ship life isn't a lot better, but at least not everywhere they stop off is just a bunch of holes in the ground.

The person I miss most: I suppose the 'right' answer is my Mother, but I'd be lying. At least until I was old enough to start bringing cash in, I was just an inconvenient little accident to her. There was one of the miners, this squat little femme from a high-G world, everyone just called Stony. She'd worked her way from scrabbler to shift boss to pit boss, mostly by being even meaner and tougher than the guys around her. I envied her confidence. Every time she came into Zar's place, I knew there'd be no trouble that night- she didn't like having her drinking interrupted by 'poor behavior.'

The person I admire most: This time, I'd have to say Ma. Don't get me wrong- we don't like each other much. But she's a survivor, and has better people skills than I ever will. She was a kid when she got dumped on Illusk, younger than me, and has made a name and a place for herself.  Just not one I want any part of.

O/Os:https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=54379
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Chrystal

Okies, here we go....

The Ship's Engineer

Name: Mimi Vanderloof

Description: Mimi is 21 years old, stands at 156 cm tall and weighs in at 46 kg. She thus takes up hardly any space and doesn't require much fuel to move her mass. She is slim built and not exactly buxom. Mimi enjoys the company of women over that of men. Technically she is a virgin, although she has used various toys in the past she has never had sex with a human before joining the Beauty. She is quiet, shy, and unassuming, she is more han happy to let others make the important decisions, while she concentrates on keeping things working. In her spare time she enjoys a good read, or taking part in a slushy romance "Total Immersion Entertainment".

She has several enhancements, the most noticeable being her cranial sensors, which enable her to link directly to almost any system she has been granted access to. Using these sensors she is able to manipulate the systems directly, using hand gestures that to a watcher might seem random in mid air, but to Mimi, they are made within a virtual holographic display that is projected into the air around her where only she can see it.

Her hair is a rich chestnut brown, her eyes are hazel with gold flecks, and her skin is a creamy olive colour.

Specialty: Keeping things working, fixing things that don't work, generally keeping the ship moving and keeping everyone alive. Mimi is something of a Jill-Of-All-Trades when it comes to ship-board engineering. She doesn't claim to know how things work, but she almost invariably knows why they don't work. She's also very good with her hands...

Home Planet: Mimi was born on Ralf Haynes' World. Ralf Haynes was a self-styled adventurer gazillionaire from the early days of man's venture to the stars. He set out to found his own world. He had a colony ship built, loaded it with two hundred beautiful women and nineteen handsome men and set off. He found his world, and colonised it. Sadly for Ralf, he was crippled in an accident shortly after he arrived, and never go to enjoy his personal harem of ten beautiful women.

After his death, RHW was opened up to general colonisation by the Earth's military who simply landed, took over and declared the world to be open.

Mimi is a pure-bred Haynian, however, descended from sixteen of the original colonists, and has the swirled tattoo pattern on her right arm that marks her as such. These tattoos are a code giving details of her genealogy to anyone able to read them. Pure-breds are becoming much rarer now on RHW, as the younger generations cannot see any point in staying within the enclave that the original colonists established. A certain amount of in-breeding has already occurred within the enclave. Fortunately Mimi has escaped it in her genes (mostly), but with only nineteen original males it is becoming harder and harder to find someone you are not related to!

Reason for Leaving Home: Well that probably has simething to do with being raised to be a Haynesist. The Pure Bred Haynians have a strict religious code that dictates all women must be mated to at least three pure haynian males by the time they are 21 years of age. Plus Mimi found she had a way with machinery that, in the Haynian Enclave, would only be permitted for a man.

Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: Mimi stowed away. The ship's lock was open and the guard was distracted and she sort-of walked on and hid. Of course she was found almost straight away, but where she hid, in the engineering section, she had made herself busy and had already fixed two of the three major malfunctions that the ship was suffering. As her only request was that they didn't kill her, but would take her off this horrible chauvanistic world, and in exchange she would fix anything that needed fixing, she ended up as the the ship's engineer.

Further Background Information: Mimi doesn't really talk much about her past. She tends to be quite shy around strangers, but if you put her in a room full of machinery she becomes the most extrovert person there is! Since joining Beauty, she has managed to have implants made to enable herself to interface directly with ship systems. These do not really enhance her ability to fix things, but do give her the ability to diagnose things before they need fixing - she is something of a Savant, in that she knows what to do without really understanding what she is doing. The implants help with that in that they give her the knowledge she has not been able to acquire through education.

While her implants enable her to link directly to ship systems, she can only link to one system at a time, and she is blind, deaf and insensitive to the real world while so interfaced.

Warrants for your arrest (optional): RHW has a warrant for Mimi's arrest, for resisting her rightful husband, assault on her rightful husband, Criminal Damage to Enclave property, Theft of Enclave Property, Leaving the Enclave without a permit. While this warrant is only servable on RHW by Enclave security, there is an additional warrant for assault on a spaceport security official, entering the space port illegally, willful damage to spaceport property and arson. This second warrant is valid throughout the Empire.

Criminal Background (optional): Basically the charges in the warrants... She was given in marriage by her father to a man three times her age, who tried to take her to his bed. She hit him over the head with a glass ornament, breaking it, and escaped, stealing some cash from him in the process. (Also, according to The Enclave, stealing the clothing she was wearing, and technically stealing herself!) She made her way to the spaceport, and in order to get in, walked bold as brass up to a security guard and kneed him in the groin, then hit him on the head with a rock. She then found the nearest most disreputable looking ship she could see and made for it, before realising that the femaleguarding the ramp simply wan't going to fall for any of her tricks. So instead she found a cargo crane and re-wired it, making it catch fire, setting light to a nearby warehouse.

I'm really good at: Fixing things, making things work, keeping things working. Anything mechanical, electrical or electronic, including the ship's stardrive.

I'm really bad at: Dealing with people, negociating, cooking, dancing, singing, saying no.

My favorite place: The ship's engine room.

The person I miss most: My kid sister, Lemi

The person I admire most: A female rock musician called Kamadra Soo

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74306.0

If my player drops or can not post for a while please: the GM(s) is/are welcome to take over my character if I am away temporarily or suffering muse-death. If I leave the game they may do with Mimi whatever they desire.

Eislynn

EDIT: Approved Character sheet:

Eislea Azurqin, Pilot

Name: Eislea Azurqin (eyes-lee-ah as-yor-kin)

Description: Age 26 in the standardized earth calendar. Long blonde hair frames a pale complexion and piercing doe eyes that hide intense intelligence. Her blue eyes resemble shards of shattered ice. It really is too bad she suffers from 'resting bitch face'. She has just enough meat on her bones to give her some appealing curves. Despite her litheness, she's stronger than she looks.

Specialty: TAE (Tesseract Array Engine) and SLP (Standard Linear Propulsion) Pilot.

Home Planet: The planet Cilroue is colloquially known as the jewel of the Tannhauser Pulsar System, located in the furthest reaches of civilized space. Roughly the size of Mercury and boasting only one 'civilized' city, which encompasses nearly one eighth of available landmass on the planet. Cildria City's main export is education, being founded as a University a few hundred years ago by Cil of the Order of Mystic Mathematicians and Other Seekers of the Ineffable Flame. Some find do it odd how closely this scientific order resembles a religion, but that's not a pertinent historical fact. The Order wrested control of the planet from the native gypsy-like race.

There is evidence to suggest that the native humans on Cilroue are in fact descendants of a colonizing ship that went missing nearly a thousand years ago. Cut off from civilization, out of necessity they returned to primitive living for hundreds of years until no trace of rembrance of the original ship's mission remained. Despite this, the natives are looked down upon by the Cildrians. As any civilization is wont to do with a native species in any land they were subjugated. Any 'primals' that coexist with the genteel peoples of Cildria City within the city walls do so as slaves.

Further Background Information: Pilot Demetrius Azurquin was a decorated hero and well respected member of Cildrian high society. As Eislea's father, he instilled a strict sense of discipline in her from the start. From a very young age, she had proved adept at speaking the universal language of mathematics. Though he was cool and analytical, she loved her father and shared in his interest in the art and science of piloting. Her mother Saffria on the other hand was a prima-donna, more interested in her husband's money than her daughter. In fact, it was apparent over the years that she downright HATED Eislea. The only warmth she had known had come from the family slave, her nanny Kaelith. Her fondest memories, other than being lost in a clever math problem, were of the stories Kaelith told of the wild world beyond the city wall. It was on her sixteenth birthday, the day she finalized her enrollment in the University that her true heritage came to light. The woman who had abused and tormented her for so many years was not her real mother at all.

Saffria must have grown weary of perpetuating the lie and must have reasoned that if her husband's disgrace came to light, she might yet protect her interests from her husband's bastard child - She was particularly skilled at causing torment. Kaelith was deported back to the wilds and that was the last Eislea ever saw of her beloved mother. Her university enrollment was not withdrawn due to the plethora of favors called in by Pilot Azurquin, and her innate skill. She had to prove herself over and over again, tested much more harshly than her 'pure blood' classmates, but time and time again, she was found worthy even at this unfair higher standard. She had to grow a thick skin to deal with all the abuse, (Physical and Mental) she received from her classmates. To this day, she harbors much resentment about her treatment at the hands of small minded bigots. She stuggles with a sense that she always has something to prove to everyone.

After graduating, she had hope that things would improve, but she returned home to ever more disaster. Saffria was waiting with a gift for her that night. Eislea had to watch the woman shoot her father in the back, knowing that the half breed bastard child, and not the high society lady, would be the one to blame.

Reason for Leaving Home: The trial was swift, and far too neat and tidy. For Eislea the only alternative to public execution for slaying a beloved hero was to flee.

Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: Not many reputable ships will employ someone like Eislea even with her impeccable skill. What started out as passage across the galaxy soon turned into such employment when the Beauty's old pilot was killed. She demonstrated her skills and got the ship out of the resulting danger, and the Captain gave her the job in exchange for a payment on the rare occasions that money wasn't tight. She took the job, rationalizing that a moving target would be harder to find.

Warrants (optional): The Order has placed a substantial bounty on a live return to face public execution.

Criminal Background (optional): Though the murder is most likely fabricated, she takes full credit for all the evading and resisting arrest.

Talents: Extreme discipline in daily meditation. Exhibits a stoic calmness in reference to her piloting duties. Takes pride in appearing collected. Able to interface with a TAE leap drive in record time.

Flaws: Easily rattled by the sound of gunfire. She's pretty high strung and always has something to prove. Doesn't take failure in mundane tasks very well, and gets very frustrated any time she doesn't get something right even if it's the first time she's ever tried. Then she gets upset with herself for that, and it's a vicious cycle of anger and guilt until she finally gets a chance to meditate again. Sometimes suffers from traumatic nightmares. Afraid to ask others for help.   

Favorite Place: The serene sensory bubble of the manifold interface where no thoughts exist but pure mathematics.

Person Most Missed: Kaelith, her real mother. Perhaps someday she can return to the wilds of Cilroue to search for her.

Most Admired Role Model: "My father was a hero and an exceptional pilot." Her words sound as if it has taken years of practice to say this without losing composure.     

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=28095

If my player drops or can not post for a while please: There are plenty of ways to write the pilot away for a while and most of these should be fine - However I always prefer a PM first. If hell freezes and I don't respond to that within 24 hours, then go 'write' ahead and drop her from the story for a while in such a way that I might be able to rejoin someday. 

Chrystal

"A few thousand years ago"?

Just a small query, when exactly are we setting this? Most space opera sci-fi is set in the 3rd millennium or the 4th at most. Meaning that "a few thousand years ago" humanity was still chucking rocks at each other...

Not meaning to be picky, just wanting to check.

Eislynn

Quote from: Chrystal on September 11, 2014, 04:23:41 AM
Just a small query, when exactly are we setting this? Most space opera sci-fi is set in the 3rd millennium or the 4th at most. Meaning that "a few thousand years ago" humanity was still chucking rocks at each other...

This has always been a bit of a point of chagrin for me. I've always felt that initial galactic expansion would a very long time, as would the establishment of grand cities and massive civilizations. If planets are to become more than just minor colonies, and moreover inhabited by humans, this is something that could take many millennia. Remember how back to the future said hover cars and hover boards would be ubiquitous by now? I feel we always underestimate the speed of innovation in our science fiction.

That said, if the consensus is that my projection is too far into the future, I'll be happy to modify that to 'a few hundred years.'  I stand by my logic but I understand the need to make adjustments to aid the willing suspension of disbelief by others.

Chrystal

I agree in principal...

However, given that faster-than-light travel is technically impossible anyway, the discovery of it could happen at any point in time. Expansion to the stars via slower-than-light would/will take centuries of objective time, but once we have the ability to travel between stars the way we now travel between countries, that expansion will be much faster - look at the USA as a classic example. It took 200 years from the initial discovery in the 15th century for any sizeable colony to be Established, and then a further hundred years for any westward expansion to get under way, but once that westward expansion got under way, the entire country was colonised within about 50 years...

The idea that technological expansion is linear is of course a falacy. In fact it is more-or-less random.

For thousands of years mankind used animal drawn carts to travel (or walked), killed each other with pointy sticks, cooked meat over an open fire, communicated by shouting and left sick people to die.

Within the last three hundred years we have gone from bows and arrows to smart bombs and nuclear warheads, from horse drawn carriages to supersonic aircraft and space travel, from open fires to microwave ovens,  from carrier pigeons to mobile telephones, from leaches and amputations to neurosurgery and bionic limbs...

We have gone through various technological "revolutions", starting with the discovery of steam, then electricity, the internal combustion engine, radio, antibiotics, antisepsis, plumbing, oil, natural gas, the valve, the transistor, the silicone chip...

The next big revolution (which has already started and which I predicted twenty years ago, although I can't prove that statement) is the biotech revolution. They have already created the first true cyborg, they have implanted computer chips in people's brains...

Who knows... in a thousand more years we may not even need space ships to travel from world to world, we might be able to teleport ourselves around, just by thinking about it...

Ada

So in regards to timeline, what gives us plenty of time to get out into the stars, colonize worlds and for those colonies to grow into mature worlds in their own right with billions of people and for those worlds to make colonies of their own. Tacking on a little extra time for the growth and creation of the post-human species we talked about and the cultures that might exist around them.

Maybe for a long time, there were limits about the technology we were using that were self-imposed. Maybe once those limits were lifted or once post-humans became more prevalent, the pace of innovation increased again.

Whatever year we pick, it relies on a lot of assumptions about space travel, technology, sociology, suitability of planets to colonize and a bunch of other stuff I'm probably not thinking of. I think it's a little silly to try and worry too much about it, though I don't mind the thought exercises you two are putting each other through.

Does 3500 years sound like a good middle ground?

Eislynn

Chrystal, you said it yourself, technological expansion is more or less random. I feel that technology can move in a backwards direction as well due to many unforeseeable circumstances. So I don't feel that either of our stances will ever be the only valid one.

However, as much as I enjoy a good debate, these points are now moot, and I will gracefully concede to the GM's ruling:

Quote from: Ada on September 11, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

I'm fine with it. Official ruling is official. :) Ada, I've sent you my proposed changes to my character and eagerly await your response.

Chrystal

Quote from: Katida desu on September 11, 2014, 04:42:59 PM
Chrystal, you said it yourself, technological expansion is more or less random. I feel that technology can move in a backwards direction as well due to many unforeseeable circumstances. So I don't feel that either of our stances will ever be the only valid one.

However, as much as I enjoy a good debate, these points are now moot, and I will gracefully concede to the GM's ruling:

Quote from: Ada on September 11, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

I'm fine with it. Official ruling is official. :) Ada, I've sent you my proposed changes to my character and eagerly await your response.

*chuckles* Sorry, I too enjoy a good debate - You should have seen the PMs that were shooting back and forth between myself and someone else about space craft weaponry!

And I tagree completely that technology does indeed move backwards - Look at the Ancient Egyptians and the Romans, their technology was lost when their empires collapsed and when the oil runs out in 2010 our civilisation will collapse too... (Uh wait, sorry, that was supposed to happen after the flying car was invented...)

And yes I am fine with 3500 CE too - of course that would be the year 641 ARH to Mimi.

Ada

It looks like we have the start of a solid crew. I'm in no hurry to get under way, I want to have a good crew in place, but I don't want to keep people waiting either. I'd still like someone else to app a Captain and probably at least one other before we get started. Also, thanks to everyone so far for helping to collaborate on this and for working with me on your characters.

Dhi

I don't think my character concept would be a good fit after all with the aesthetic and inspirations I'm seeing. Sorry to be a tease!

Chrystal

Awww.... *hugs*

Why not show her anyway, and we can maybe suggest some things?

Dhi

I think the issue is one of scale. The characters and setting you're working on here are of a human scale. I drew inspiration for my character from a galactic melting pot scale, where human concerns are assumed to be one small cog in a machine. So if I were to pitch this character, it would rob the human scale of its importance. Her aesthetic would also be at odds with the rest of the characters, both in terms of body shape and character images.

It looks like the game has attracted some great ideas, though. I hope it does well!

Esseria

Quote from: Chrystal on September 11, 2014, 10:30:55 AM
However, given that faster-than-light travel is technically impossible anyway,
Weeeeellll, we thought that, but recent science suggests it might be a doable thing!

So, you got room for more people still? This idea hits SO MANY of my buttons, but I don't want to get onto character work if there's not room left. Let me know soon, ladies! I love me some space women!

Chrystal

Quote from: Esseria on September 12, 2014, 05:25:18 PM
Weeeeellll, we thought that, but recent science suggests it might be a doable thing!

*shrug* I said "technically"... It's like Douglas Adams said: "People in the higher dimensions are a pretty heathen lot who would all be done away with if anyone could figure out a way of firing missiles at right-angles to reality!" Basically that is what's needed... The ability to move at right-angles to reality. Figure that out and the stars are in your hands!

So, you got room for more people still? This idea hits SO MANY of my buttons, but I don't want to get onto character work if there's not room left. Let me know soon, ladies! I love me some space women!

I'm pretty sure this list is up to date...  so far we have an engineer (me), a gunner, a pilot and a cook...

Quote from: Ada on September 07, 2014, 10:48:36 PM
Crew positions available:
  • Captain
  • First Mate
  • Doctor/Medic
  • Sciencey Type Person

Skipper, first mate, and Geek are certainly open. I think I remember someone saying they were making a medic?

Ada can confirm this.

Esseria

Ohohoho. I might not mind playing a dashing captain! The ideas flow already! I'll get sheet up pretty soon--gotta brainstorm a bit more and I've got some chores to do!

Ada

The lady with the naked asari as her avatar wants in on the ladies space opera game? No way! :D Show us what you've got!

art3mis

I'm very interested in being a part of this RP. Seems like there might be 1 or 2 pending submissions, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes as far as roles go, but I'll be brainstorming and probably posting a character profile soon.

Ada

Quote from: art3mis on September 12, 2014, 06:35:45 PM
I'm very interested in being a part of this RP. Seems like there might be 1 or 2 pending submissions, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes as far as roles go, but I'll be brainstorming and probably posting a character profile soon.

First post is up to date with the available roles but there's no harm in doubling up in some areas if you had your heart set on something. All applications have been approved or are not yet submitted. Someone mentioned submitting a Captain, but that's the only ball in the air, so to speak.

Esseria

Here we go! I'm open to revising her if you feel something's inappropriate for the game or whatever!
EDIT: Updated her a bit.
Name: (Captain) Elice Talora
Description: Elice Talora is a tall and muscular woman, with a striking face and well-developed bust. She moves with the simple grace that comes with a mastery of one's body, rarely wasting motion. Her eyes contain a steely determination, some old sorrow, and a great love of life. There is no doubt the twenty-seven Terran-year old captain has seen dark times, and no doubt they affected her, yet still she throws herself at life with a fierce energy.

Elice makes no secret of her firm preference for women, and she finds no shame in utilizing her confident charisma in search of bedmates. That is not to say she is wantonly promiscuous! But if a woman meets her standards, she's  far from slow to share her body.

Furthermore, her extensive military experience has left her reluctant to choose violence as the first option. Elice has seen and caused too much death and pain in her time; her latest career is an attempt to move away from that. If she absolutely has to throw a punch, then so be it, but the less combat a job takes the better. Indeed, she will try most other means of  recourse before joining a fight, sometimes at great risk.
Specialty: Tactics and Logistics, Close Quarters Combat, Social Charisma, Covert Ops
Home Planet: Elice hails from Kalron II, one of the remarkable three inhabited worlds orbiting its namesake star. All three planets have fair sized populations and strong economies, and they are coordinated under a singe government. In the interests of political fairness, the Kalron Authority is housed on a large station orbiting the star, rather than on any of the worlds.

Kalron is positioned near the edge of "civilized" space, dangerously close to several of the so-called "neobarbarian" empires. Combined with the system's material wealth and population, Kalron makes a tempting target for raiders seeking riches and slaves. Thus, the Authority maintains a strong standing military--in fact, all citizens are required to serve a term of duty upon coming of age, and thereafter remain in reserves. Not everyone finds themselves in actual combat during this time, but the raids are frequent enough that many must put their lives on the line.
Reason for Leaving Home: Elice murdered the corrupt official responsible for her fiancee's death. She is not welcome in Kalron.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: She spent most of her time back home as a soldier operating in clandestine scouting and strike missions against Kalron's enemies. Those skills only lend themselves to so many careers, and mercenary work led to smuggling.
Further Background Information: Elice Talora was a decorated, as much as any covert operations specialist can be, soldier in the Kalron Authority military. Her parents were respected engineers, and her childhood was pleasant. During her compulsory military service, however, they were killed during the infamous pirate raid  on the Lightbringer research station. Grief turned to anger, and she readily reenlisted when her term ended. 

During her half-decade with the Kalron Defense Corps, Elice participated in and later lead numerous defensive and offensive operations against bandits and slavers in the region, usually with minimal loss of friendly life. She established a serious romantic relationship with a fellow officer, and in general life was working out. Until, that is, the Jorgun Debacle.

The Jorgun Armada, a savage group of pirates and bandits based in the uncivilized wilds, had long caused great difficulty for the Kalron Authority. Thus it was decided to launch swift, devastating assault against the Armada's leaders and cripple the beast. Unfortunately, the Jorgun somehow learned of the plans, and so when Elice and the other commando officers, including her fiancee, began their attack, they were met with heavy resistance. Among the dead were most of Elice's team and her lover.

Distraught, Elice sought to learn how the plans had leaked, only to be entirely shut down by her superiors and the Authority officials. What little evidence she did gather suggested the disaster may have been intentional, devised by a particular leader to strengthen his own power. In rage and grief, she gathered a team of survivors and brought vengeance upon him, then escaped the system on a stolen freighter.
Warrants for your arrest (optional):The murder of a high-ranking Kalron Authority administrator
Criminal Background (optional): Some of the military actions she undertook for the Kalron Authority were... less than legal, and she's established a career as a smuggler and general soldier-for-hire.
I'm really good at: Sex, close range combat, dealing with people, planning and adapting plans on the fly, reacting quickly, commando-type activity
I'm really bad at: Keeping my temper when faced with corrupt and self-centered authority, driving/piloting in a sane manner, cooking, not jumping straight into situations. I also have serious hangups regarding violence relating to my past.
My favorite place: Tied between two: the gym and my bed, assuming there's another women with me in the latter.
The person I miss most: My fiancee, perished by the whims of a politician
The person I admire most: My mentor, Khalina Vorst, a better soldier than I could ever have been.
O/Os:Here they be!

Chrystal

Nowherewoman

Little butch for my taste, but still rather attractive :D  Someone needs to tease Rey out of her body armor ;D

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Chrystal

I'm seriously hoping this is going to end up with the smut being mostly orgies in the Captain's cabin rather than pairing up and being monogamous...? So if that sexy butch skipper were to order Mimi to tease Rey, our poor, timid engineer would have no choice but to comply...

Esseria

I rather like the sound of that, Chrystal! Depending on how kinky things get, I wouldn't mind having the Captain relax occasionally by letting someone else have control in the bedroom, at least sometimes, 'cause she's in charge the rest of the time, but that's not necessary by any means!

I deeeefinitely would  prefer less monogamy for this, looking at the characters!

Nowherewoman

LOL oh, the images of Rey watching...or listening through the intercom...while the rest of the crew gets busy, and she's hiding off somewhere quiet, getting more and more embarrassed...and hotter and hotter...

Mtpersson

A thief who needs a ride outta dodge.

Name: Yay Seriman

Description: 1.1283 Metopian years old (28 in Earth Standard), Yay stands at a tall 5'9" (175cm) and weighs 137lbs (62kg). Her body is toned and strong from her training regime yet she is able to move with grace and poise when needed to. One of her most prominent features is her flaming red hair which she always has on prominent display but the thing which everybody notices first is the veil. No one really knows why Yay always wears the black veil which covers her face and it isn't something she talks about. Amongst the criminal underworld, there is a rumour that all of the people who have seen under the veil are no longer alive. Yay doesn't comment on the rumours nor does she show her face to anyone.

Specialty: Theft of expensive trinkets; Gymnastics and Climbing.

Home Planet: Dysnomia, a moon orbiting the planet of Metope found in the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way. Whilst Metope is a rich and prosperous planet with many fine cities filled with all the luxuries of modern living, Dysnomia is the precise opposite. It is a backwash moon which was colonised by a group of humans looking to escape from the toil of their lives and start afresh; they dreamed of a utopia. Instead, they scratch a living off of the land and those that can't steal it from those who can.

Reason for Leaving Home: There are a number of reasons which led to Yay running away from her planet of origin. First was her family; she couldn't stand how oppressive they had been during her childhood, dictating her every action and her future. Second, was the climate of almost constant rain. However, the main reason for her leaving was simple; there was absolutely nothing of any worth to steal.

Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: Often finding herself in the middle of a large manhunt, Yay is often in the need of some under the radar transport and has payed for the services of Beauty and her crew to smuggle her - and a large diamond - off of a planet with a particularly high Marine population.

Further Background Information/Criminal Background: Primarily, Yay has operated as a thief for hire. She specialises in acquiring rare and priceless items from private citizens but has occasionally been contracted to take items from museums and Empire maintained institutions. ...The Queen of Olos’ tiara, stolen by Yay. Access codes for every broadcast wavelength in the galaxy, stolen by Yay. The nose hair of the Emperor himself - well...not yet.

Although Yay has never been caught whilst on a job, she does have one active warrant against her for possession of a stolen item. Her thieving isn't confined exclusively to high end, exclusive items; she is more the happy taking the belongings of passers by on the street - some might call it a problem but Yay likes to think of it as a game. Running a contract job is exciting but there's something exhilarating when she can feel a marks breath on her skin and can look them in the eye as she lifts their belongings from right under their nose. To Yay, it's like sex.

She may not have any major warrants but what Yay does have is a reputation. To the authorities and the criminal underworld, she is known as ’The Ghost’; a thief who is capable of removing any item from any room in the galaxy without leaving any sign of having been there in the first place.

Warrants for your arrest (optional): Possession of stolen property.

I'm really good at: Planning, climbing, picking locks and bypassing security, blending into a number of social settings, acting.

I'm really bad at: Being herself, hand to hand combat, shooting, letting herself be vulnerable.

My favorite place: On the job with a massive, expensive rock in her hand and a clean exit route knowing that all of her hard work and planning has payed off. This said, she enjoys the exhiliration when things go a little more unexpectedly - rare though it is - the adrenaline rush is almost addictive.

The person I miss most: Gurgeh, a partner from her past with whom she completed her first few major jobs. He was the first person to really look out for her when she arrived on the Capital after fleeing Dysnomia. Taking her under his wing he taught her the ways of the slums and acted as her mentor as she honed her skills as a thief. He was more of a father to her than her actual father and his death whilst on a job hit her particularly hard.

The person I admire most: Gurgeh.

O/Os:O/Os

art3mis

Posting from other thread, as requested!

Dr. Shay Gold
Name: Dr. Shay Gold
Description: 5' 4", curves for days (especially in the rear), caramel-colored skin, hazel eyes, and short hair that's dark and elaborately styled. 30 Earth-years old. Shay pushes the limits of appropriate attire for a medical professional, and never quite fit in back in a more structured hospital environment. She has a number of piercings and tattoos, and isn't afraid to show them off.
Specialty: "Improvisational medicine," something Shay herself largely made up during her younger years. She's fond of saying that she'll save your life when no other doctor possibly could, and she doesn't want to hear any complaints about what she has to do to get the job done.

Shay's way of doing things can be sloppy and haphazard. Scars are left behind, and limbs are removed with a "better safe than sorry" haste. Cybernetics are better in a lot of ways, right?

She's not a butcher, but she has clear ideas about what needs to be done to save lives, and what's just "cosmetic fluff." In addition, Shay views her use of drugs as just as much of an art as a science. She isn't afraid to test things on herself, and she has learned ways to use drugs for purposes other than their intended design. She can make a limited supply of meds last for three times as long as other doctors, but she's also caused more than her fair share of addictions, adverse reactions, and strange side effects along the way.
Home Planet: Trepalye, a world which had been on the frontier of civilization before a series of decades-long, poorly-fought wars plunged that reason of space into chaos. These days, Trepalye is known as one of the "Lost" worlds, as it no longer has any organized central government and has been ruled by an interchangeable series of bandit gangs and dictators over the past five years.

When Shay was born, Trepalye was still a civilized place. She grew up during its downfall and the slow exodus of most of the populace, and that has profoundly impacted her psychologically.
Reason for Leaving Home: Shay stubbornly refused to leave for a long time, being unwilling to abandon the home of her birth to chaos. She provided medical support for resistance groups after the last organized medical facilities left the world, but finally gave up the fight after seeing a group she had helped rise to power turn into an even worse ruling organization than the one it had supplanted.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: With extensive but unorthodox medical training and an independent/stubborn streak that made her a poor fit for most medical or research environments, Shay has been working on the fringes of society since leaving her home three years ago. She has no moral qualms about working with smugglers, as she has a history of supporting even shadier characters.
Further Background Information: Shay has seen the horrors of war first-hand, and it's made her cynical. She's also a creative medical genius who was forced to develop her skills in an extremely challenging environment. She has done many things she isn't proud of, and carries guilt deep inside her that causes her to be guarded about her past.
Warrants/Criminal Background: None as such, given the lawless state of her home world, but Shay has a list of enemies that want her dead longer than she cares to keep track of. Additionally, her background of connections to "freedom fighting" organizations that evolved into cruel dictatorships of their own means she'd distrusted by any civilized world that cares to look into her past.
I'm really good at: Healing injuries with whatever happens to be on-hand. Dispensing drugs to give people what they need (though not always what they want). Keeping cool in impossible stressful situations.
I'm really bad at: Trusting people and taking orders. Shay doesn't believe that anyone knows better than her when it comes to medicine, politics, or human nature.
My favorite place: At the front lines of battle, tending to the wounded...as sick as that sounds. There's nowhere she feels more alive. She freely admits she might have a psychological problem in this regard.
The person I miss most: Shay would never admit it, and would have a dozen better answers prepared if asked, but there's no one she misses as much as Max, her former lover back on her home world. Max was a woman of war, a freedom fighter Shay patched up a dozen times. They had a passionate love affair that made Shay feel more intensely than she ever had before.

Max is still alive, presumably, but their relationship ended badly after Shay finally grew tired of watching the woman she loved slowly turn into a force for evil and cruelty.
The person I admire most: Among the many honorable men and women who died trying to save their doomed world, a man named Mallion stands above the rest in Shay's mind. Mallion had all of Shay's capacity for unorthodox methods and creativity in his work, but he was a politician rather than a doctor. Shay envied him for his ability to rally others, and for his limitless supply of patience. She considered him one of the best hopes for a return to normalcy on her world...and it hurt her deeply when he was killed while she was many miles away, unable to save him.
O/Os: Here!
Drop out policy? If I'm ever holding up the story, I'm perfectly fine with others writing for my character, or having her dropped, or whatever else needs to happen for things to keep moving smoothly.

Ada

Name: Martine "Firebug" Kinetica
Description: A woman of average height and slim build, one would be forgiven for not considering her the most imposing character, until she picks up her Simm & Hammer: Core-tec auto railgun with attached Brightline plasma thrower. The gun is nearly as tall as she is but she knows how to hold it and wields it with practiced ease. Aside from her stature and the gun, her most striking feature is usually her red hair and penetrating grey eyes. She could pass for a party girl in her early 20's, though her attitude would betray this rather quickly

When out of her impact armor, she's usually in simple work-out clothes or a jump suit, though one might catch her dressing up and primping to be a bit more feminine now and then, when the mood strikes her.
Specialty: Putting holes in ships and people, useful gadgets, blowing things up and lighting things on fire
Home Planet: Minerva Colony: The old Minerva Colony is a bustling mining world, even after decades of exploitation. The land rush is over and much of the mining operations have been turned over to the deep core auto-miners. Many of the hab units there have been gentrified and refurbished to hold those that can maintain, manage and service the mining operations, a far cry from their original occupants, the hard scrabble miners that used to travel under ground to mine with their hands. Martine's mother was one of those miners that used to delve deep and never got to retire, dying young as her body gave out while on the job.
Reason for Leaving Home: She wasn't going to die on the same rock that claimed her mother. She wanted to see the stars, so she signed up for the Outer Colony Patrol Corps.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: A court martial for use of unnecessary force was enough to end her career in the Outer Colony Patrol Corps, she bounced from a mercenary company, to a small bounty hunting operation, she now seeks the next big score, wanting to put money away to retire so she doesn't have to die, living hand to mouth like her mother.
Further Background Information: Martine really wanted the Outer Colony Patrol Corps to pan out for her. She actually scored pretty well on her entrance exams but was assigned as an artillery specialist attached to an infantry unit, a not very illustrious posting. Her job was two-fold, mand the big guns on the troop transports while they were en route to the planets and planetside, man the big guns to support the infantry. She worked hard and had a bit of naivety about her prospects within the Corps. This led to frustration and disappointment. She spent a tour attached to the Kalron Defense Corps as a supplemental unit but saw little action as tactics shifted and her unit was given the jobs they were least likely to fail at. Still, while in the Kalron system she met some soldiers that made for good training partners, shooting range buddies and drinking buddies. She still keeps in touch with a few of them.

As her duties began to include policing some other colonies, dingy places without much chance for glorious battle, just simple patrols and enforcement, Martine got increasingly disillusioned and wasn't afraid to backhand insurgents and criminals that fell into her custody. She wasn't even doing work she was really trained for. She loved her unit, but not all of her unit loved her back. Her C.O. turned a blind eye to some, but Martine was made an example.
Warrants for your arrest (optional): Outer Colony Union: assault, assaulting an enforcement officer, bribery, arson, enticing a minor to commit robbery
Criminal Background (optional): Convictions for arson, possession of illegal firearms, possession of banned substances, possession of unregistered firearms, possession of illegal criminal tools and enticing a minor to commit crimes. Her record in the Outer Colony Patrol Corps contains multiple citations for drunk and disorderly, one citation for assaulting a superior officer, one citation for improper sexual contact with a civilian and one court martial for use of unnecessary force.
I'm really good at: Putting holes in things, blowing things up and lighting things on fire, telling bad jokes, baking cookies and poker. You need a weapon fixed? You need a safe cracker? I'm your girl.
I'm really bad at: Relationships, looking at the big picture, telling jokes, baking anything but cookies, knowing when not to set things on fire (figuratively and literally), sex (You want me to put what, where? Well, I guess I'll try anything once)
My favorite place: That dirty hab unit I grew up in. I have a lot of good memories of laughing with my friends and fond memories of my mother.
The person I miss most: Kyle Windward. He broke my heart before I signed up for the corps. He was the one that got away. I don't always go for guys, most are idiots, but he had a charm about him that I just couldn't resist. I hear he actually got off Minerva too and went to school to be some kind of business type. I can't picture it, but then again, I'm probably very different too.
The person I admire most: Sgt Maxwell, he taught me all I know about how to treat my weapons and how to be a good soldier. I let him down, I know, but I try to keep in touch, even if we're worlds apart now.
O/Os:Link! My offs list is much shorter than my ons.
If my player drops or can not post for a while please: I put my trust in my Captain and fellow shipmates!

Please PM with feedback and ideas about connections! :)

ElvenKitten

Had an idea for a "diplomat" character  >:) will get a sheet up tonight.

Ada

Nowherewoman

ElvenKitten

Emily Hazerd 
Name: Emily Hazerd
Description: Tall with dark hair though she can change her hair colour at will. She likes to wear a lot of black and likes to show off her legs. Her eyes change colour based on her mood going from bright blue when at her happiest to red when she has murder in mind. She can switch out of this function turning them the natural brown of her original eyes. She is usually cheerful and always well mannered and a bit shy around the rest of the crew. She is usually assertive and isn't all that bothered by public nudity or overt open sex act around her.
Specialty: Diplomacy
Home Planet: Orbital colony Aprilius 4. A pleasure colony catering to the desires of the rich and powerful. One of twelve colonies orbiting a dead planet in an unclaimed sector of space far from the prying eyes of the authorities. Any vice imaginable is available for a price and conflicts are resolved by the Negotiators who are equal parts mediator and cyborg hit-woman.
Reason for Leaving Home: Exile and loss of corporate citizenship.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: Lack of better options, bounty hunting got boring.
Further Background Information: Emily was one of the best Negotiators on the colony and on the fast track for promotion to a command position. With her sister Ruby she was a force to be reckoned with solving more disputes without violence than any other Negotiator in the sector. Like all women on the colony she had to choose between the leisure or administrative arm of Taurus group, and with her looks the Leisure department wasn't a good fit for her. She was selected for Negotiators possibly thanks to her sister pulling some strings. Her academy training and getting used to her cybernetiics went quickly and was selected for additional training by Denna Kane, made famous by bringing down terrorist cell single handed and thwarting an attack of the colony's life support system.

During a routine patrol a fight broke out between two men over a large sum of money at one of the resorts. Emily and Ruby were sent to diffuse the situation but one of the me struck with military grade cybernetics and held Ruby hostage. Emily broke prrocedure and gunned the man down instead of talking him down first. Unfortunately she had killed the son of a member of the colonies ruling council. The punishment would usually be death or being re-purposed by the leisure department but in view of her record and thanks to testimony from her sister and Denna she was instead exiled. She did a few odd jobs and a brief stint as a bounty hunter before ending up on the Beauty. 
Warrants for your arrest (optional): None
Criminal Background (optional): None (Her Exile was more an internal matter)
I'm really good at: Solving disputes (sometimes creatively), making deals, "entertaining" guests and making friends. Her neural implants give her instant access to her memory from he last twenty-four hours and lie detection system that reads heart-rate micro-expressions and speech patterns but it's effectiveness is limited without access to the colonies data net. It also assess the emotional state of the subject giving her an edge in diplomatic situations. She is fairly good at unarmed combat but without her Negotiator gear and combat cybernetics is reluctant to get into fights.   
I'm really bad at: Flying spacecraft, driving ground vehicles, controlling her anger, cooking keeping her hands to herself. Is uncomfortable with working without her technology.   
My favorite place: Her bed on Aprilius 4 (It was very expensive)
The person I miss most: Her partner and older sister Ruby. Her sister was always the more competent driver and knew how to bring her down from her outbursts quicker than her implants could. 
The person I admire most: Her mentor and and instructor at the academy Denna Kane. 
O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=42584
If my player drops or can not post for a while please:I'd be ok with having someone take over my character to move on the story.

Chrystal

I'm the only one who hasn't used a photo for my character.... :-(

I'll see if I can find one I like that fits.

[edit]

Well that was easier than I thought!

Ada, please will you take a look at my profile again just to let me know if you are okay with that photo? I've put it along side the artwork. Assume the photo is real-world and the artwork is what she would look like when in the ship's network to anyone else jacked in.

Ada

Quote from: Chrystal on September 16, 2014, 03:56:54 AM
I'm the only one who hasn't used a photo for my character.... :-(

I'll see if I can find one I like that fits.

[edit]

Well that was easier than I thought!

Ada, please will you take a look at my profile again just to let me know if you are okay with that photo? I've put it along side the artwork. Assume the photo is real-world and the artwork is what she would look like when in the ship's network to anyone else jacked in.

Looks fine. I almost used a drawing for mine. :) You may want to see if you could put one picture below the other one, I think it's just a line break between the images.

Chrystal

Actually, to get the pictures how I wanted them I had to fiddle with the formatting a bit, but I got it!

ElvenKitten

Ada

We're looking to start soon. If you want to make it on board for the maiden voyage, please get your apps in soon!

Chrystal

Although I don't think many of the crew count as maidens, in the literal sense at least! *snigger*

Rel Mayer

Hey there!

I'm going to have to take back my interest for now - because I may have taken too much on my plate recently. I'll check back when I have some free time to see if you ladies are still recruiting!

ElvenKitten

Emjay

Definitely interested in joining the crew. I am currently working on my character description. This will be my first RP, I'm excited!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Hi Marj.

Congrats on being approved.

And *hugs* for deciding to change the name! I'm guessing it was one of those "seems like a good idea at the time" things?

Emjay

Quote from: Chrystal on September 19, 2014, 03:31:05 AM
Hi Marj.

Congrats on being approved.

And *hugs* for deciding to change the name! I'm guessing it was one of those "seems like a good idea at the time" things?

*hugs back and laughs* you hit the nail on the head Chrystal! Really regretted the name. They're working on my new one as we speak. Can't wait till it goes through. I'm super excited for this RP. Everyone has such great characters set up. I liked your idea for the setting as well. How long did you work on that?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

I'm guessing they waited until after you were approved to change it... I had a bigger problem when I joined - typo in my email address! I had to email "admin" (i.e. Veks) and ask him to change it!

The Galactic Empire setting, actually, was the work of a few hours cogitating and about 30 minutes typing, and I suggested it to Ada because it seemed to fit. It's one of a couple of "open" settings I've come up with. Also working on a closed setting for a game similar to this one that is very much more detailed and set in a specific fandom.

Emjay

Yeah I had to wait till after I was approved (which was today actually). It took about applied for a approval 5 days ago.

I'm impressed that you came up with that in such a short amount of time. What fandom is your new world set in?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Nowherewoman

Quote from: CuteButSlutty on September 19, 2014, 12:49:23 AM
Definitely interested in joining the crew. I am currently working on my character description. This will be my first RP, I'm excited!

Welcome!  And >.>.

lovetheusername .<.< 

Ada

Quote from: CuteButSlutty on September 19, 2014, 12:49:23 AM

Welcome! Love the name. ;) Can't wait to see your app. Hopefully we can get you in before we leave space dock!

Chrystal

You know you can still have previously un-encountered crew pop up for several "in game" days after we start?

It only doesn't work if the place they've been supposedly hiding has been toroughly "explored" by other player characters.

Nowherewoman

New char, WIP

Name:Orgone Shaheen

Description: 152 cm, 58 kg; slender but curvy, with short-cropped deep black hair and intense blue eyes. While attractive enough physically, she's nothing stellar; her magic is in the teasing, sensuous way she moves, and the way she seems to focus entirely on whoever she is interacting with. Her voice, surprisingly low in pitch for her build,  sounds like she's always on the edge of laughter. She's also extremely flexible, seeming almost boneless when she dances. There are no distinguishing marks to be found anywhere on her flawless skin, save for a decorative tattoo on the back of her neck.

Shaheen usually wears clothing that covers her torso only, and leaves her long legs bare. It also tends to be fastened with easily-opened snaps or catches.

Specialty: Pleasure anatomy. Her order is trained with the awareness of hundreds of acupressure points and nerve clusters, and how to manipulate them to heighten pleasure responses in most humanoid beings (rather like a Bene Gesserit, only without the combat skills)

Home Planet: Gaia. While several planets have claimed this ancient name as their own, Shaheen's homeworld has two outstanding characteristics: first, it seems to be a very old world, possibly from the first cycle of human settlement, and second, while it presumably has been conquered many times, subjugation has never 'taken'.

There's nothing  sinister about it- Gaia is a large Class 3A planet- a paradise world- and its people have gone a long way towards perfecting it. The society is communistic, peaceful and accommodating almost to a fault, giving a would-be despot little to 'push' against. Clothing is required only at the extreme poles, and pleasure, freely shared, is literally a religion, considered a way of connecting with the Creator Spirit. While there is a 'priestly' caste, it's very small, consisting of only a few hundred men and women who have found a calling in examining and practicing the extremes of physical and mental ecstasy.

Research into anatomy and biology by this small group has given a new meaning to 'seeing God(dess)', and has made conception a totally voluntary, controllable process for both sexes. Even the harshest conquering culture becomes thoroughly Gaian in a generation or so, and even many visiting traders and scientists find no reason to leave once they've been exposed to the way of life.

Reason for Leaving Home: If Gaian culture has a fault (that it will admit to, at least), it is its smug vanity. They feel, perhaps not without reason, that they have found the ideal system of human interaction, and want to share it with the Galaxy. 'Make Love Not War' is an old precept, but the 'priests' of Gaia (who, not entirely jokingly, call themselves Ecstatics or Orgones) are working towards making Making Love Instead of War a reality. Some of their most intensely trained adepts are leaving the homeworld and going out into the wider spaces to share themselves and their message of unity through working and sleeping together.

Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: "Touch a body, and you touch a heart. Touch a mind, and you touch a soul. Touch both, and you touch the Creator." It's one of the Prime Tenets of Gaian socioreligion- well, more of a folk saying, really, but still. However, they all admit that some hearts and souls are more easily touched, at first, than others. The lonely, outsiders- they're the ones expected to best respond to Gaian teachings. A ship full of travelers, wanderers and loners, landing on dozens of worlds with no specific goal?  What could be better? While she may, at times, despair of her shipmates and turn her face from their deeds, she still believes (like any missionary) that they can learn...

Further Background Information: Touching bodies is simple- anyone can do it. Touching minds is harder; Shaheen has chosen to do it through dance. While her style is not hugely acrobatic, it's quite energy-intensive, involving complex, slow motions and holding of awkward positions. For her, it's a form of both communication and foreplay.

In addition, the bodily control the Ecstatics have learned through the generations slow the outward signs of aging; despite her youthful appearance, Shaheen is getting close to her 5th (Standard) decade.

Warrants for your arrest (optional):

Criminal Background (optional):  She has a slew of  arrests for minor infractions, mostly public indecency and prostitution charges (which she protests is quite unfair, since she never charges for her Sharing. Though she has bartered her passage numerous times).

I'm really good at: Listening, sex, massage, dancing, sitting quietly, general sociabililty.

I'm really bad at: Withholding affection, causing (unwanted) pain, being alone, going untouched for long periods of time, seeing beings suffer.

My favorite place: One of our Sharing Places on Gaia was on a high hill overlooking a river. Waking up with one's partners to see the sun rise over the next ridge, then bathing in the cool of the river while fish play around your feet is another form of Ecstasy.

The person I miss most: My primary anatomy teacher, the Orgone Railee. Though nearing the end of her span, she is still gentle and patient beyond measure. I learned much from her, and Shared much with her. It grieves me that I will not be there for her passing ceremony.

The person I admire most: Anyone who can meet a stranger, and think of them first as a human, rather than an enemy.

O/Os: My O/Os, though some ons may not apply to Shaheen.

If my player drops or can not post for a while please: Feel free to play with her!

OK, done...she came out...quite different from how I had initially intended.  See what you think!

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Marjolaine on September 19, 2014, 05:24:14 PM
I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing

Tag is bracket 'spoiler' closebracket, then bracket '/spoiler' closebracket at the end.

Emjay

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 19, 2014, 05:26:36 PM

Tag is bracket 'spoiler' closebracket, then bracket '/spoiler' closebracket at the end.

Yeah I just figured that out *laughs* I googled it. Thanks though.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Chrystal

You can also use an = sign to change what is in the spoiler button...

[spoiler=This text is in the spoiler button]This text is under the spoiler[/spoiler]

This text is in the spoiler button
This text is under the spoiler

If you want to show someone how to code something put code tags around it... The only tags you can't demonstrate with code tags are code tags! LOL

[code][/code]

Doesn't quite work!

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chrystal

Just one thing... you need to fix the code at the end of the char sheet. You have to put a forward-slash / between the [ and the word spoiler.

The / acts as a "cancel" or "end symbol, so for bold, a b surrounded by [] turns bold on and /b surrounded by [] turns it back off again! Same for ever BBCode tag except hr which has no close tag and puts a horizontal rule in the post.

like that.

BBCode takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that hard, and it's a good way to learn HTML, which is so similar it's possible to confuse the two.

Emjay

Unfortunately I will not be joining the RP but I wish you all the best of luck and I will be reading!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Marjolaine on September 23, 2014, 02:50:09 PM
Unfortunately I will not be joining the RP but I wish you all the best of luck and I will be reading!

Awww. :( sorry, Marjolaine.  See you elswhere, and enjoy peeping!

you perv... ;D

Chrystal

ElvenKitten

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Emjay

Quote from: Chrystal on September 23, 2014, 03:26:49 PM
Yes, sorry to loose you. I'm sure our paths will cross again :)

Hope to work with you at some point! I'll see you around!  ;D
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Timidity

I... Would like to join. But for now I'm just marking this under interested because no character concept is coming to mind. I don't know why. I'm just drawing blanks. But I'll do a bit more reading and looking around, hopefully inspiration will hit before I go to work.
To those I'm writing with, read the A&As for a brief heads up.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 23, 2014, 03:48:28 PM
I... Would like to join. But for now I'm just marking this under interested because no character concept is coming to mind. I don't know why. I'm just drawing blanks. But I'll do a bit more reading and looking around, hopefully inspiration will hit before I go to work.

Feel free to check out our IC threads. We're just getting started but maybe they'll inspire you!

Timidity

Alright, well I'm thinking of something. Possibly the chef/maintenance (Aka Janitor) lol. She does not have much texhnucal experience, or leader ship experience, in fact she's pretty much useless. HOWEVER. Through enhancement from the word she lived on, she has the art of mimicry.  Not so much shape shifting as it is like being a copy cat. As long as the form is humanoid, she can shift into it. However I will be creating limitation because its something she won't be able to hold out for very long as it will injure her after a certain point. This she's good for going under cover or even getting them through security points (if needing by being able to mimic guards. Yet again, she's not very useful elsewhere. That's my general idea at least.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 23, 2014, 05:20:41 PM
Alright, well I'm thinking of something. Possibly the chef/maintenance (Aka Janitor) lol. She does not have much texhnucal experience, or leader ship experience, in fact she's pretty much useless. HOWEVER. Through enhancement from the word she lived on, she has the art of mimicry.  Not so much shape shifting as it is like being a copy cat. As long as the form is humanoid, she can shift into it. However I will be creating limitation because its something she won't be able to hold out for very long as it will injure her after a certain point. This she's good for going under cover or even getting them through security points (if needing by being able to mimic guards. Yet again, she's not very useful elsewhere. That's my general idea at least.

The setting doesn't have any aliens, the closest thing is post-humans of various forms, each with their own advantages and drawbacks. Are you thinking the mimicry would be specific enough to mirror someone's face? I could see a limited form of this being plausible for the setting and crew, especially if you're creating someone not otherwise very skilled, but I'd be interested to learn how she came about such a talent/augmentation. Something that would change pigment and shape of the face and body a little, but maybe nothing that would hold up to any sort of inspection (at least not at the level your character would operate) would probably be appropriate. Useful for losing a tail or matching a general description but not for fooling anyone who knows the target.

Chrystal

Chameleon cloth is a fairly standard cyberpunk camouflage so this could be something she uses... However if it is that readily available, others in the crew would use it too.

How about, her skin has been genetically altered and coated with a holographic projector. Under normal circumstances she might look like this:

But she can project any clothing skin colour and face onto her skin. Touch it and it is clear it is an illusion.

Just a suggestion?

ElvenKitten

Abigail Stewart 
Name: Nexus Breach (Abigail Stewart)
Description: Abigail usually has dark hair and her eye implants are usually set to blue. She is short (around 5’1 and though twenty six is often mistaken for a teenager. She seems to be able to change her voice and vocabulary easily  depending on the situation and able to talk about utter inane nonsense for hours.
Specialty: Communications, public relations, and other talky things.
Home Planet: Orbital colony Aprilius 4: A utopian/dystopian habitat for the families of employees of the Yaland Jacobs corporation, the colony uses the hourglass colony design and contains two temperate biomes connected through a column housing the docking bay and corporate offices. Roughly twenty percent of the two biomes is given over to food production the rest is residential and commercial blocks. The environment is carefully engineered to give the residents a safe and peaceful environment. 

The colony has little the way of defences and it has little military value. There is little to no crime as all residents are psychologically screened for aberrant behaviour. The corporation provides education, medical and emergency services for residents and there are several safe forms of recreation scattered around the residential and commercial areas.

Reason for Leaving Home: No longer a fit for the Yaland Jacobs family due to aberrant behavior and continued attempts to corrupt the corporate image of the Yaland Jacobs group.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship:
Further Background Information: Abigail grew up in a painfully dull sterile corporate environment which was fine it seemed for everyone around her. She excelled with anything technical and was also very good with people and was generally well liked at school though she started to find it all very dull and saw the futility in everyday life as the child of a corporate asset being made into another corporate asset. 

She managed to fool the psych tests enough to be considered a “creative resource” and worked for a while in the public relations department, making deals and greeting new clients. She was doing well but the tedium of her life and dealing with the unwanted sexual advances of her boss was getting to her.

During a late night at the office she lost control and punched him after he made his latest crude move. She was fined heavily and was demoted to the communications department, after months of even more dull work he snapped and used her new access to the system to broadcast her story to the entire sector along with any other corporate dirty laundry she could find. This of course ended her career with Yaland Jacobs and she started drifting from place to place doing odd jobs. She found herself fitting in better with the people away from the colony and found herself truly happy for the first time.

She started to get into pulling simple cons to get enough money to keep moving and found her old public relations skills helped a lot. As her cons grew more daring she had hair and eye implants so she could change her appearance. She got hold of a comercial broadcast shuttle after a lucrative con and put out a pirate broadcast calling herself Nexus Breach bringing the best tunes from old earth and the scoop on corporate greed. Her broadcast became really popular in resistance circles as well as with the young and rebellious and the fact she moved around made it hard for the corporations to catch her. 

Warrants for your arrest (optional): Illegal broadcast, inciting unlawful behavior and lewd conduct. 
Criminal Background (optional): Three counts of petty theft two counts of fraud
I'm really good at: Solving disputes (sometimes creatively), making deals, making friends, maintaining communications gear and fast talk 
I'm really bad at: Flying spacecraft, driving ground vehicles, hand to hand combat, violence in general and relationships.  A tendency to not shut the hell up and digging herself deeper sometimes.
My favorite place: Her broadcast shuttle
The person I miss most: Her parents even if they are corporate pawns
The person I admire most: Cyberpunk Sally, her inspiration for her own show
O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=42584
If my player drops or can not post for a while please:I'd be ok with having someone take over my character to move on the story.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Chrystal on September 23, 2014, 05:54:56 PM

How about, her skin has been genetically altered and coated with a holographic projector. Under normal circumstances she might look like this:

Must not see...adorable...plot...bunny....

Timidity

Quote from: Ada on September 23, 2014, 05:40:57 PM
The setting doesn't have any aliens, the closest thing is post-humans of various forms, each with their own advantages and drawbacks. Are you thinking the mimicry would be specific enough to mirror someone's face? I could see a limited form of this being plausible for the setting and crew, especially if you're creating someone not otherwise very skilled, but I'd be interested to learn how she came about such a talent/augmentation. Something that would change pigment and shape of the face and body a little, but maybe nothing that would hold up to any sort of inspection (at least not at the level your character would operate) would probably be appropriate. Useful for losing a tail or matching a general description but not for fooling anyone who knows the target.

Quote from: Chrystal on September 23, 2014, 05:54:56 PM
Chameleon cloth is a fairly standard cyberpunk camouflage so this could be something she uses... However if it is that readily available, others in the crew would use it too.

But she can project any clothing skin colour and face onto her skin. Touch it and it is clear it is an illusion.

Just a suggestion?

Mk, well if the ability is too much, I'll be more than happy to switch to the holographic projection skin. Essentially I was going for an advanced evolution on a vicious planet. In a nutshell, she developed an extra gland that produces the chemical which makes the mimicry possible. I figured it still made her human but with her own advantage where she really has none otherwise.
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 24, 2014, 08:45:16 AM
Mk, well if the ability is too much, I'll be more than happy to switch to the holographic projection skin. Essentially I was going for an advanced evolution on a vicious planet. In a nutshell, she developed an extra gland that produces the chemical which makes the mimicry possible. I figured it still made her human but with her own advantage where she really has none otherwise.

The thing is, evolution takes a really long time and we're only looking 3,500 years in the future, even in 35,000 years, adaptations wouldn't be very significant. She could be genetically engineered or cyberneticly enhanced but humans haven't really evolved significantly in that time period.

Chrystal

Timidity

Quote from: Ada on September 24, 2014, 08:51:01 AM
The thing is, evolution takes a really long time and we're only looking 3,500 years in the future, even in 35,000 years, adaptations wouldn't be very significant. She could be genetically engineered or cyberneticly enhanced but humans haven't really evolved significantly in that time period.

Hmm. Alright, I understand and shall go back to the drawing board for now.
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: Timidity on September 24, 2014, 12:30:37 PM
Hmm. Alright, I understand and shall go back to the drawing board for now.

I'm not saying you need to scrap the whole idea, but natural evolution isn't really going to be an option. There could be a subset of post humans for which it would be an inherited trait, but the modification was originally artificial somewhere in their lineage.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Timidity

Quote from: Ada on September 24, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
I'm not saying you need to scrap the whole idea, but natural evolution isn't really going to be an option. There could be a subset of post humans for which it would be an inherited trait, but the modification was originally artificial somewhere in their lineage.

Oh no no, I'm not scraping it but I am going to change it up and do some brainstorming. :3
Le Musings

Ada

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 24, 2014, 01:15:08 PM
I'm definitely interested in joining this! :)

Welcome! Let me know if you have any questions. Most of the info you need should be in the first post.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Ada

Timidity

I do hope this works, let me know if I need to make any changes or additions. :3

Karmen Hartigan - Culinary Extrodinaire
Name: Karmen Hartigan
Description: At 26 years of age, the curvaceous Karmen of alabaster skin, stands at five foot and seven inches tall.  With toned legs, trailing up to wide hips, most would find this woman cooking up more in the sheets than in the kitchen. Wide hips are complimented by her slightly slimmer waistline, of which leads up to her busty D-cups.
Although her onyx hair seem black and untamed from the beaded style of dreads, it's usually held with various head bands and even handkerchiefs at times. To most she appears to be violent and dark, as bright green eyes are usually accented with heavily smoky make up, but one look at her seductive smile says otherwise. Generally she appears in various tanks and lacy skirts, with the addition of combat boots and a white apron, not the assumed chefs robes but she has always been of a different kind.
Specialty: Culinary, Drug trade, cultural consultant, and knives.
Home Planet: To say she has a set home would be false. Although she was born on the planet Dratisen, she has been constantly traveling since pre-adolesence. Her parents were cooks, just as she is, and they traveled by shuttle to not only sell their cuisine but to learn more of other foods from multiple worlds. This not only opened up her eyes to different ways people lived, but to the resources they offered as well.

Her mother and father encouraged her to be in the kitchen with them as she grew up, and most of her recipes came from them. As she became an adult, her parents chose to retire and leave the business to her. This was both a gift and yet the start of her curse. When she started out, she was barely able to keep the regulars her parents had. Although she knew the recipes, most complained the meals were not as good as they used to be. Karmen was in a panic, she needed the funds and she did not want to disappoint her parents. An offer came one day, by a shady man who promised her a flourishing business as well as extra profit. He sold her a special drug, it made the food taste better but also had addictive properties.

Karmen knew her new way of running the traveling kitchen was wrong, but as money came in and her parents praise as well, she could not help herself. Soon she was selling the drug alongside her food. Different worlds were soon exposed thanks to her cooking. She even managed to wrangle in assistance to help distribute the narcotic. It was all going well until authorities of Erlik-5 were tipped of her suspicious activity upon her visit. An official went undercover, posing as a seller who wanted in on her wealth. She was clueless to the setup, and ended up being busted.

Luckily she managed to get away, however the accounts she stored her money in were frozen. This now left her broke and starting from the bottom again, while also a fugitive in the process. Her parents had gotten word of what she had done. They wanted her to turn herself in, but Karmen simply could not face the consequence. She returned the shuttle craft to them, said her goodbyes and traveled else where to find some sort of salvation.
Reason for Leaving Home: Salvation, as well as redemption. She hopes to start a new life somewhere, and to escape her past.
Reason You Find Yourself on a Smuggling Ship: One of her old distributors told her about the ship. With some charm and offer of her services, she joined up and hoped to hitch a ride or even find a purpose in a new land elsewhere. The meals she offered were far more appetizing than dehydrated rations, so it was agreed she would serve and even offer knowledge of what she knew about the worlds she had visited.
Further Background Information: Karmen has never done the drug she sold herself, but some exposure to it has given her a case of mild paranoia. Randomly she will lash out and make accusations if she feels others are trying to deceive her. The fact that she is on the run, as well as being tricked by an undercover official, has also put her on high alert. Thus she rarely trusts anyone easily, keeping her inner circle a very small one. 

Years in the drug business has also caused her to be very cautious. She trained herself in her free time to use short blades, just in case she needed to make a quick getaway from a shady deal. Although she is not a professional, she does have knowledge on the critical points to make cuts, this also being a trait of her butchery skills.
Warrants for your arrest (optional): Drug smuggling/distribution.
Criminal Background (optional): Aside from starting a small network of dealings, as well as dealing the drug herself, she even distributed drugs into the food to her unknowing customers. This hooked many onto the narcotic, those who are still trying to go through the process of rehab to get off it.
I'm really good at: Cooking, cutting, smooth talking, learning things quickly, yelling (usually when her paranoia is triggered)
I'm really bad at: Handling stressful situations, making friends and trusting people, most technology, and keeping focus (unless its cooking related)
My favorite place: Anywhere that does not have her imprisoned.
The person I miss most: Her parents. She looked up to them, and wanted to make them proud. She regrets the choice she made, and hopes one day she can ask for forgiveness and make amends with them.
The person I admire most: Her parents, they taught her everything she knew as well as giving her their business to take over.
O/Os:Link
If my player drops or can not post for a while please: Have someone take her over, write her out, NPC her, I'm cool with any of it.
Le Musings