News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragon Emblem [Interest/Recruitment Thread]

Started by TheBlackThrone, November 15, 2014, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Update. I must receive a full-fledged profile in order for you, the writer to keep your slot. If your profile is not finished, then you won't be able to secure a role in this game because I'm not going to post it up. You cannot leave blanks in your profile. You must fill it out entirely. I don't care if it's with one or two lines, but I warn you that if someone challenges your spot and your profile isn't up to speed, you pretty much gave that challenger your spot (assuming the challenger submits a full profile and a better concept). So I really recommend that you use me to help you fill in some blanks if your muse is stuck or if you can't come up with anything more to write. I can help you. Don't doubt me lol. Also, once we get into the next phase, you are free to alter the profile any way you want because I expect characters to develop more as we play them so don't worry too much.

You must reserve a weapon. There are 3 players who have applied to this game and who haven't told me their weapon. I'm not too concerned because I will probably see it in their profiles, but if you sent me a character sheet that has the weapon area blank, it needs to be filled in. Reserving an element and a weapon was supposed to be the first thing that you do when applying to this game. Many people didn't do it, but as I said, they had the weapon they wanted in their profile at least.

If we can't get this part of the game done, then we're going to continue to wait and not move onto the second phase. I really like phase one of this game because it tends to show me who is patient. Because if you're not patient, then you really don't need to be joining this game. In the case that we have busy writers, the longest that you'll be waiting before I move the game along is 14 days. But patience is a big deal for the continuation and lifespan of this game.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Outlaw Fallen

Thanks for the prompt reply and detailed explanation, Throne. As much as I would love to play, I just don't think it is in the cards for me. I will definitely keep an eye on the story, though, as you have put in a great deal of work and are undoubtedly choosing fantastic writers. It should prove to be an epic adventure and I wish you the best of luck with it!
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Caela

Are you still only interested in a male for the Earth slot?

TheBlackThrone

Update. As of right now all roles have interest. I have received character sheets from three people (myself not included), and I await the sheets from the remaining four as the writers finish them. When I receive all of the character sheets, I will go over them to make sure that they're filled out. I'm not looking for information. I'm just making sure they're complete because if there's anything left blank, I'm going to ask that you fill it out. We'll then proceed to the second phase which will be the creation of the Chapter One: Accepted Character thread where profiles will be placed for first-time viewing. I will then make the OOC where players can discuss relations between those characters who could already know each other. Once relations have been established, we'll move onto the final phase which will be the IC going up.

I decided to make the "Accepted Thread" by chapter because in the case we have some people drop out and we receive new characters, then we can better keep track of them rather than having a list of inactive profiles. The OOC will have a chapter summary of all the events that took place in that chapter that everyone, including new players if we have any, can refer to. I will go into further explanation when we get to the second phase.  :-)

Also, I updated the weapon list on the first page with a new weapon that a player sent me.
The gates are open

EdwardShane

Oh, sweet!  Progress, yay!  ^^  *totally excited for this game*

TheBlackThrone

Update. Hello everyone. It's me. Your favorite broadcaster.  :-)

So, because the interest is dying down and we have all the roles filled, I'm going to go ahead and lock all those players in who have sent me a profile.

I'm going to go ahead and do some character sheet screening so that when we move to the second phase, you guys can just go ahead and post them up in the accepted thread. Right now, I ask that if you sent me a character sheet...(pause for effect) if I told you that you needed to make corrections, then make those corrections before you send me your final draft to be looked over. Your profile must be complete. Do not send me a profile with blanks. If you do, we're going to be waiting until it's filled out to the best of your ability.

When you send me your character sheet, send it to me with the subject reading "Final Draft" so that I know you're sending me your completed profile.

For those players who have yet to send me their CSes, you should not be sending me a profile labeled "Final Draft" if I never saw your Rough Draft. So just send me your character sheet when you're done with it.
The gates are open

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 23, 2014, 11:15:55 PM
Update. Hello everyone. It's me. Your favorite broadcaster.  :-)

So, because the interest is dying down and we have all the roles filled, I'm going to go ahead and lock all those players in who have sent me a profile.

I'm going to go ahead and do some character sheet screening so that when we move to the second phase, you guys can just go ahead and post them up in the accepted thread. Right now, I ask that if you sent me a character sheet...(pause for effect) if I told you that you needed to make corrections, then make those corrections before you send me your final draft to be looked over. Your profile must be complete. Do not send me a profile with blanks. If you do, we're going to be waiting until it's filled out to the best of your ability.

When you send me your character sheet, send it to me with the subject reading "Final Draft" so that I know you're sending me your completed profile.

For those players who have yet to send me their CSes, you should not be sending me a profile labeled "Final Draft" if I never saw your Rough Draft. So just send me your character sheet when you're done with it.

Don't tell me how to live my life!!!
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 24, 2014, 04:33:47 AM
Don't tell me how to live my life!!!

*cracks whip!*

Update. We had a lot of plot shifting going on last night. I had some roles swapped around. No longer will I be playing the Fire role. I have given that role to a new player, Timeless, joining the game. The air role is now taken by Caela, EdwardShane has taken the Earth role, and I have taken the Darkness role for plot reasons. Expect me to alter Daerio's profile some.

We're waiting on three character sheets, but I no longer have to nag people about sending me a complete profile lol. Of course I still expect a complete profile, but I was specifically trying to send a hint to someone. As Thanksgiving draws near, I want everyone to enjoy the feast. If you can't go home for Thanksgiving like me, then I hope you can enjoy it somewhere with friends. I'm happy to know that we're over the hump and nearing the second phase of our game.  :-)
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Update. Hey everyone,

Because we have been waiting awhile, if any of you would like to get the IC PMed to you, which the first post in the IC is the game setting for Chapter One, send me a PMed request. I will send it to you so you can start brainstorming. I would have actually revealed it in the second phase, but I really don't see why you guys can't get some sort of idea ahead of time.

You will see that there are some shops, stores, or buildings that can be named. You can also add to that list your character's personal business, or whatever. You will see a description of set NPCs in this game. The GM only RPs those NPCs. Nobody else can use them, however, you are welcome to make NPCs of your own that are permanent residents of Lian that the players' characters will possibly see and meet on a regular basis.

We can go ahead and start doing that now, that way, it's already on the page when I post it up. If your character stays in Lian, even if you see him or her staying at an Inn, either name the Inn or state in Character Residences that your character lives there. You tell me where your character lives so I can put it on the page. This way those characters who grew up in Lian know where each other lives.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Update. Just waiting on the last two character sheets.
The gates are open

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

TheBlackThrone

Update. I received the light profile today so we're waiting on one more character sheet. I will tell you guys one thing, we're going to have quite the personalities. It's going to be a Guardians of the Galaxy. Lol
The gates are open

EdwardShane

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 30, 2014, 02:32:49 AM
Update. I received the light profile today so we're waiting on one more character sheet. I will tell you guys one thing, we're going to have quite the personalities. It's going to be a Guardians of the Galaxy. Lol

I am Groot.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Juggtacular

Lady Lunarius

Haven't a chance to watch it yet. Might be on my list since the kiddos are out today. >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

TheBlackThrone

Hey everyone,

I'm just doing an activity check. We're still waiting on one player to submit a character sheet, and I just want to reassure everyone that I'm not one of those GMs who drop what he or she starts. This game is going to happen. I've been prodding the player to get the sheet up, but he's been busy. It's expected since we have two important holidays this season. But just let me know if you're still around. I'll even send out PMs if I don't get responses in the recruitment thread. However, if I don't hear anything from you after 14 days, then I'll unfortunately have to drop you and open up your role. I would hate to do that because you all have worked hard on your sheets, but let's hope that I don't have to do that and whenever that player gets his sheet sent to me that we can immediately kick off into the IC.

Sincerely,

Your GM  :-)
The gates are open

EdwardShane

I.....am Groot.

...okay that wasn't as funny the second time.  In all seriousness, still here.

Juggtacular

Caela

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 02, 2014, 11:38:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm just doing an activity check. We're still waiting on one player to submit a character sheet, and I just want to reassure everyone that I'm not one of those GMs who drop what he or she starts. This game is going to happen. I've been prodding the player to get the sheet up, but he's been busy. It's expected since we have two important holidays this season. But just let me know if you're still around. I'll even send out PMs if I don't get responses in the recruitment thread. However, if I don't hear anything from you after 14 days, then I'll unfortunately have to drop you and open up your role. I would hate to do that because you all have worked hard on your sheets, but let's hope that I don't have to do that and whenever that player gets his sheet sent to me that we can immediately kick off into the IC.

Sincerely,

Your GM  :-)

Once again....don't tell me how to live my life!!!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Ixy

Still here, and doing weird things with my spare time.

EdwardShane

Quote from: Ixy on December 03, 2014, 06:18:43 PM
Still here, and doing weird things with my spare time.

...I feel like a West Side Story song is about to break out when I see that

TheBlackThrone

Last Update.

I received the profile of the last player. We can officially move onto the second phase. The second phase will consist of plotting relations between characters. I expect the characters residing in Lian to have heard, seen, or know each other because it is a small world. Be sure to read the IC to get an idea of what events are currently going down and what needs to happen. However....

DO NOT POST IN THE IC YET.

No one is allowed to post in the IC thread until I say so. The second phase is very important and it must be done before any role playing is to go down. Do not worry about plot-related interactions. I will have important plot-related NPCs approach your characters when the time comes. But for now, go to the OOC, and just plot away with each other.

You have as long as it takes us to get out of the second phase to read each other's profiles. Also, be sure to let me know, preferably in PMs so I don't lose what you said in the OOC where your character lives, where he/she intends to live if he/she doesn't have a permanent residence, and if you intend to name any of the establishments in the IC. All other discussions can remain in the OOC.

Having said all of this, I'm sure we're all glad to be able to move on. Enjoy this part of the game. You will find the links below to all important threads that you should bookmark.

Oh yes, and go ahead and start posting your profiles to the Accepted Thread. Everyone do it. Yes, everyone. Feel free to edit them whenever you feel like it.  :-)

Also, I forgot to mention that I placed the game in the "Extreme" section because I don't want any of the writers to feel limited in their creativity. Your fight scenes can be as gory as you want, and if you intend to have some non-con happen to your character (your character because you need to ask permission from other writers whom you are writing with otherwise), then so be it. I just want everyone to feel free to be as descriptive and creative as they want.

Accepted Thread

OOC

IC
The gates are open