The Great Revival - Interest Check/Recruiting [Male Characters]

Started by The Dark Raven, June 13, 2016, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

The Great Revival

Wailing Gap

Plot:  The first settlers to Wailing Gap did not even have a name to call the place when they stumbled across the idyllic setting on their way West in the 1840s.  Ultimately, only a handful of families of the larger group stopped there, impeded by the birth of a baby boy to one of women of the party who died in childbirth.  The gap was named by the settlers in her honor.  Armed with their faith and their determination to survive as winter set in around them, they helped one another to build a little community that has weathered the war waged around, within and without it.

Great patriots to their own mind, in those early days they chose sides and fought in wars if they chose to venture outside the Gap, but most chose to stay within their comfort zones and learn “worthwhile trades” that would benefit their continued existence.  But war, famine, and assorted ailments began to slowly take its toll, dwindling their numbers that had once loomed large.  The perceived mortality of their community drove community leaders to begin looking into alternative methods to keep that from happening. 

Tent revivals, popular in the area and in the time, they decided to hold their own, hoping to draw converts to their community and their simple country life.  At the same time, many of the young men in the community began taking to local universities to diversify their training and bring back more skills to the Gap.

Today, the Gap has grown some, but their numbers remain controlled.  The community hosts religious and corporate retreats as well as vacationing guests.   Religious and corporate guests are housed in semi-private lodgings for 2 week increments during the summer months.  Vacationing guests are welcomed as single or double reservations, but all guests are aged 18 and above.  In addition, private guests are lodged singly in their own cabin for the best benefit of the mountain air and the natural setting as an ultimate getaway.

Mr. Bohanan, the head of the community, has recently begun a campaign to increase the population of the Gap as he is afraid their community is dying.  The recent outbreaks of disease brought by tourists and other more debilitating ailments he sees since his return concern him greatly, and sparked the idea of bringing recruits to the Gap.  Their purpose in his plan is to assure that the influx of new blood may well shore up what he sees as a deteriorating population, as well as a way to stabilize the attrition of the dying elders and the loss of young ones that leave the community in search of something different, never to return.

Definitions:

• Fellowship - A general term for the process of indoctrination in a group setting.  Can be co-ed or single sex and include things like group activities, dinners, commissions, etc.  Does not include services.
    • Solo Fellowship - A general term for the mentoring of the chosen where the mentor is one of the same sex as the individual.  Includes subtle conversion tactics, in the form of friendship, studies, and teaching of the way of life.
    • Services - Church services.
    • Missionary - A general term for a chosen’s converter, of the opposite sex.  Consensual or non.
    • Willing and Unwitting - Individuals who have chosen the Gap as their favored vacation spot and have some understanding of the community.  Have paid dues or monies to the Gap for their lodgings and are originally there for the retreat experience.  Males and Females are classified differently for community purposes.
    • Recruit - Individuals who have been removed from their previous situation as a potential person of interest that could benefit the community.  Unwilling kidnap victims, mostly.  Are unaware of the mission of the Gap community.

Setting: The setting is based loosely on the locale of the Smoky Mountains, Tennessee (for the view).  Wailing Gap is nearly inaccessible to the outside world, and all guests are brought in and taken out by a chartered service or Missionary.

Weather: https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/weather.htm

Rating Extreme

Keywords/Possible Triggers: Bondage, Dubcon/Non-con, Torture, Rape, Incest, Stepfordization (Stepford wives), Impregnation, Kidnapping, Forced Orgasm/Orgasm Denial, Indoctrination

Inspirations:
    "Take Me To Church" - Hozier (This Cover)
    The Oneida Community

Community Information:
    Council of Five (one from each family/surname)

• Henry Bohanan - Community leader (TAKEN)
    • Religious Outreach - recruitment and spiritual, leads the Missionary group
    • Family Matters - family/breeding and home life, medical
    • Task master - In charge of training the young ones (education, handicrafts/skills)
    • Accountant - responsible for community finances, marketing, maintains the community’s external face

Life in the Community

• For the Gap residents - Life is idyllic almost, but full of deep-seated family values and hard-work ethics.  For those born into the Gap, reality is almost antiquated while there, like the Gap was stopped in time.  Simple life and living are key orders of being, with most of the community doing chores and skills by hand.  There are a few tradesmen that were trained outside the Gap, particularly those that have an electrician or plumber license.  Even rarer are the college educated men that sit council or provide a specific service, like medical care, to the community.  Outside contact in the form of tech is confined to the church office.
    • For the Retreaters - Life for the corporate and religious retreaters that pay to come to the Gap is a normal vacationing experience, even if that experience is more of a "roughing it" one.  They are separated from the rest of the community and rarely have contact with anyone but the elders (and usually only the accountant).
    • For the Willing Guests - Life for the willing is a bit of half and half.  They have their vacation, but they also have the experience of being heavily recruited into the Gap life, both spiritually and idealistically.  This is often a rude surprise, but the methods involved are very much a very congenial marketing scheme and their conversion is completely consensual.
    • For the Recruits - Life for the recruits begin with the trauma of removal to the Gap and descends into a darker existence from there.  Housed in the bunkhouses, there they are categorized and catalogued by asset and blooded before their indoctrination begins.  They are required to keep a schedule, maintained by the council, and severely punished if they do not keep their schedule.  Their primary domicile is the bunkhouse until they either capitulate (men) or are chosen for service (women).  From that point, the men are fostered for manual labor or studding, while the women are fostered for impregnation and domestic service or other domestic duties.

Guidelines of the Community

• All comers welcome (willing and recruits must be over the age of 18).
    • All children are required to attend school from age 6 to 16.  Assessments for best fit and interests of the growing child are in place.
    • All females are required to report to medical upon first menses for a complete physical with a parent present.  Certificate issued for good health.
    • All males are required to report to medical upon their 16th birthday or the day after for a complete physical with a parent present.  Certificate issued for good health.
    • Sexual exploration allowed between siblings if the younger of the two is at least aged 16.  Exploration not limited to siblings of different genders.  If a pregnancy results, the siblings must marry, even if the female has been precontracted.
    • Marriage may take place between the two parties if the female is at least 16 years old and the male is at least 18 years old.
    • All marriages are open, meaning infidelity between spouses is allowed.  Any issue from such unions is expected to be fostered by both parents, regardless of parentage.
    • Missionaries are expected to do their due diligence to bring new members into the fold.
    • Issueless women, with the blessing of the council, are matched with recruited and willing men, for the purpose of issue.
    • Willing men and women are fostered into the community.  They may end married into the community or trained how to best benefit the community, as they so choose.  Heaviest recruiting/missionary involvement.
    • Recruit men may or may not be fostered into the community.  If issue does not result, recruit men may be fostered for necessary skills in the community.
    • Recruit women may be detained as necessary in the community.  If issue does not result, medical will be called to evaluate recruit women.  If deemed fertile, will remain with the community until issue results.  Once issue is weaned, may be retained for more issue or trained to menial tasks as may be required by the community.

Locations in the Community

• Church complex - The church building and fellowship hall (which includes the council office and accounting office).  This is where the community members meet and fellowship suppers are held regularly.  The all around meeting place for Gap residents. (Pic 1)
    • Homes - Residences of the Gap community members, these homes were mostly built around the time of the Great Depression, or are built in that style. They are located close to the church complex, but encompass their own farming land or skill area. (Pic 2 representation)
    • Cabins - The pioneer residences of the Gap community members, now used to house the Willing while they are in the Gap.  They are located in the fringes of the community in the wooded areas, to foster the retreat mentality.  Group cabins are available for religious and corporate retreats and will be housed in larger family dwellings near the pioneer cabins. (Pic 3 representation)
    • Bunkhouse - Two two-story multi-occupancy residences with single rooms and one bathing room per floor.  The is one bunkhouse for men and one for women to house the recruits that are brought to the Gap.  They are located on the south side of the church complex, side by side. (no pic available)

Game Information:

Game Rules

• All of Elliquiy's General Rules apply.
    • We are all adults here.  IC and OOC disputes are to be handled via PM.  If an IC dispute would have far-reaching consequences, the GM must be included into the PM to determine game-wide consequences.  If an IC dispute cannot be decided to a logical conclusion between the members involved, the GM should be contacted to give a fair conclusion.
    • This is a plot driven game that will likely contain smut.  This is not a smut only game, but it may be smut heavy, depending on the writers involved.  The pace on this game will be determined by the writers themselves, and will vary by writer.  RL comes first.  On that note, all official game plots will be at the discretion of the GM, whose pace is usually slower.
    • Regarding writers:  Your sex/gender/identity/preference does not matter.  Your literacy does.  First and foremost, respect your fellow writers.  We are here for fun.
    • Regarding characters:  All characters shall be 16 years of age or older.  Limit 2 characters per writer.  If you do not wish to play a character aged 16-18, this is not a requirement (if you feel more comfortable playing 18+, go for it.)
    • Regarding posts:  All posts shall include a header.  Please make your posts 2-3 good paragraphs minimum to allow your fellow writers to have information to reply to.
    • No godmoding or IC/OOC crossover.  Neither make the game fun.
    • Character killing must be pre-approved by the GM, and validated by all parties involved.  This is not a first option.
    • If you have questions, please PM the GM (The Dark Raven).

Character Creation

• Potential face claims will be held for 14 days while the player writes a character sheet and submits it to the GM.  If 14 days have passed and the GM neither has a character sheet or an extension request, the face claim will be released.
    • Face claims must be photographs of celebrities or models.  No selfies or amateur photographs.  No drawings or anime.
    • Fill out the character sheet to the best of your ability.  If you have questions or need help, PM the GM.

Faceclaims have been moved here.

Character Sheet
    Character’s Name

The Basics
    Writer’s Name: (Your username)
    Character Name: (Your character's name)
    Nickname: (Your character's nickname)
    Gender: (most likely for non-cis would be Willing or Recruits)
    Sexual Orientation:

Physical Description
    Portrayed By: (Face claim)
    Natural Hair Color:
    Natural Eye Color:
    Height: (In feet and inches, please)
    Build: (Slim? Average? Stocky? Muscled? Wiry? Linebacker?)
    Distinguishing Marks: (These are natural distinguishing marks like birthmarks)
    Tattoos/Piercings: (Got em? Show em! Pics in spoiler, please)
    Personality: (in annotated list form, please)

Brief History: (2-3 paragraphs)
    Dislikes: (Non-Sexual, at least 2)
    Fears: (at least 2)

O/Os: (Link your own)
    Character Ons:
    Character Offs: (please note which offs (if any) are available for play)

Goals for Play:

Character connections:

Pictures of Your Character:

Character Sheet Code
    [/list][center][font=georgia][size=16pt][i][u][color=navy]Character’s Name[/color][/u][/i][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia][size=14pt][i][b][color=navy]The Basics[/color][/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Writer’s Name:[/i][/b][/font] (Your username)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Character Name:[/i][/b][/font] (Your character's name)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Nickname:[/i][/b][/font] (Your character's nickname)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Age:[/i][/b][/font]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Gender:[/i][/b][/font] (most likely for non-cis would be Willing or Recruits)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Sexual Orientation:[/i][/b][/font]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Occupation:[/i][/b][/font] (for Gap residents)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Status:[/i][/b][/font] (N/A if resident of the Gap, Willing, or Recruit)

[center][font=georgia][size=14pt][i][b][color=navy]Physical Description[/color][/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Portrayed By:[/i][/b][/font] (Face claim)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Natural Hair Color:[/i][/b][/font]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Natural Eye Color:[/i][/b][/font]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Height:[/i][/b][/font] (In feet and inches, please)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Build:[/i][/b][/font] (Slim? Average? Stocky? Muscled? Wiry? Linebacker?)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Distinguishing Marks:[/i][/b][/font] (These are natural distinguishing marks like birthmarks)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Tattoos/Piercings:[/i][/b][/font] (Got em? Show em! Pics in spoiler, please)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Personality:[/i][/b][/font] (in annotated list form, please)

[font=georgia][b][i]Brief History:[/i][/b][/font] (2-3 paragraphs)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Likes:[/i][/b][/font] (Non-Sexual, at least 2)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Dislikes:[/i][/b][/font] (Non-Sexual, at least 2)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Fears:[/i][/b][/font] (at least 2)

[font=georgia][b][i]O/Os:[/i][/b][/font] (Link your own)
    [font=georgia][b][i]Character Ons:[/i][/b][/font]
    [font=georgia][b][i]Character Offs:[/i][/b][/font] (please note which offs (if any) are available for play)

[font=georgia][b][i]Goals for Play:[/i][/b][/font]

[font=georgia][b][i]Character connections:[/i][/b][/font]

[font=georgia][b][i]Pictures of Your Character:[/i][/b][/font]

[img height=200 padding=3]http://placehold.it/200x200[/img][img height=200 padding=3]http://placehold.it/200x200[/img][img height=200 padding=3]http://placehold.it/200x200[/img][img height=200 padding=3]http://placehold.it/200x200[/img]

Header

Name: Character Name
    Date and Time:
    Wearing:
    Tagging:
    Other:

Post Header Code
    Code () Select
    [float=right][img height=150 padding=3]http://placehold.it/150x150[/img][/float][hr]
    [b]Name:[/b] [url=http://PROFILE LINK]Character Name[/url]
    [b]Date and Time:[/b]
    [b]Location:[/b]
    [b]Content:[/b]
    [b]Wearing:[/b]
    [b]Tagging:[/b]
    [b]Other:[/b]
    [hr]
    [clearright]

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Praxis

Interested and great job fleshing so much of it out already.

This could prove really interesting.

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... batting around a character idea for this. Since I have family in both Oneida and the Smoky Mountains it's kinda hard to resist.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Foxy Oni on June 13, 2016, 04:45:01 PM
    Hmmm... batting around a character idea for this. Since I have family in both Oneida and the Smoky Mountains it's kinda hard to resist.

Reminds me, I need to wikilink that.

Clio

I went to college in the Appalachians.

But I'd be interested in a female character...recruit preferably.
    Signature by the amazing Amaris.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Christa on June 13, 2016, 07:26:37 PM
    I went to college in the Appalachians.

But I'd be interested in a female character...recruit preferably.

It's gorgeous up there, sin't it?

Clio

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Christa on June 13, 2016, 07:30:36 PM
    It is. I miss it a lot.

I have family that lives up that way.  I just love it.

Clio

Quote from: The Dark Raven on June 13, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
    I have family that lives up that way.  I just love it.

I'm hoping to visit there soon with my best friend to hang out with all my college buddies that still live in the area.

The Dark Raven

Update:  I will be adding a bit on Life in the Gap here probably tomorrow when I wake up, so as to clarify a few things.

Also, if you have a faceclaim and haven't let me know, please PM me!

The Dark Raven

Beorning

Alrighty, here's a question: what kind of people is the community recruiting (meaning, kidnapping)? Would they, say, take a prostitute in - or are they looking for education etc.?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Beorning on June 16, 2016, 12:16:59 AM
    Alrighty, here's a question: what kind of people is the community recruiting (meaning, kidnapping)? Would they, say, take a prostitute in - or are they looking for education etc.?

Most likely folks that wouldn't be missed, but it depends on the person, really.  The Willing are more likely to be the ones that have a skill needed by the community.  It is very tiered, but if one of the recruits happens to have an education or whatever, that's fine.  The community would likely prefer the men to have the education as opposed to the women (but again, that's negotiable).  Just remember to keep everything in moderation. :)

Beorning

I see. I'll try to come up with some character idea, but my job schedule is so tight this week... almost no time for anything else  >:(

The Dark Raven

The Dark Raven

Checking in to see how everyone is doing. :)

Beorning

I'd really like to play, but I'm having a bit of trouble with coming up a character that could be kidnapped without anyone noticing... Any advice?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Beorning on June 23, 2016, 03:04:22 PM
    I'd really like to play, but I'm having a bit of trouble with coming up a character that could be kidnapped without anyone noticing... Any advice?

Don't make their career high profile?

Or you could go with a willing recruit that ends up in over their heads. 

Beorning

Quote from: The Dark Raven on June 23, 2016, 03:19:43 PM
    Don't make their career high profile?

What about the kidnapees' family? Or their even landlord, or employer? Someone always notices if a person vanishes...

Or you could go with a willing recruit that ends up in over their heads.

Ha! But I like the idea of being kidnapped :)

Aida Rose

Maybe she has none. Or she's recently estranged herself from them because of a personal tragedy/mental breakdown/combo/etc Or they think she's gone away on a very long term assignment, like she's a researcher or an actress or etc, on a secret project. Or something like the Peace Corps. She gets abducted on the way. Her work colleagues think she flaked and her family/friends think she's doing secret work. There're a few ways to do this, especially since this is fiction so it's due some suspension of belief.

(Tentative interest.)

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Aida Rose on June 23, 2016, 03:42:19 PM
    Maybe she has none. Or she's recently estranged herself from them because of a personal tragedy/mental breakdown/combo/etc Or they think she's gone away on a very long term assignment, like she's a researcher or an actress or etc, on a secret project. Or something like the Peace Corps. She gets abducted on the way. Her work colleagues think she flaked and her family/friends think she's doing secret work. There're a few ways to do this, especially since this is fiction so it's due some suspension of belief.

(Tentative interest.)

Thank you.  :)

I was in the shower and hadn't had a chance to reply.

Beorning

Hmm. A question: how do the Gap's kidnappers operate? Do they research people they kidnap, or just snatch people whenever opportunity arises?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Beorning on June 23, 2016, 04:10:17 PM
    Hmm. A question: how do the Gap's kidnappers operate? Do they research people they kidnap, or just snatch people whenever opportunity arises?

Everyone that comes into the Gap is researched beforehand, at least in theory, because they are looking for people that would be a good fit to the mission, whatever it is determined to be for that individual (whether it is breeding or a profession needed or what have you).

Aida Rose

I have a question about Stepfordization. I saw the movie, but I'm not 100% sure how it'll translate to this. Guessing the Community's aiming to brainwash women into the rigid gender role. Is that something that has to happen to every female character? 

Quote from: The Dark Raven on June 23, 2016, 04:00:34 PM
    Thank you.  :)

I was in the shower and hadn't had a chance to reply.

No problem! Hope I was helpful.