Looking for creative, long-term, chatty partners! (& character-driven plots!) =]

Started by NihilisticDespair, March 20, 2019, 06:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NihilisticDespair

Hello, all! I'm NihilisticDespair (or Nih for short!) and I'm on the hunt for some some fun, casual and/or exceedingly complicated 1x1s. I always strive to form friendships with my partners so that A) we can work well together as writers and B) so we're always in good communication. =] Communication helps beat stagnation and since I like to finish role-plays I start, this is key for me. ^^

I'm comfortable with situational scenarios or layered plots. Violence, war, slavery, drug use, mental illness, abuse, torture, gore, etc. I really have no limits and as a psychological horror buff, it's sort of my thing. lol x]

But...its not the only thing I write.

I do generally adhere to medieval or modern fantasy with a tendency to lean towards M/F or M/M pairings; sometimes with human/non-human power dynamics. I can play any character type, persuasion or personality but do tend to lean towards dominant males. Just keep in mind, unless the scenario is very limited, I'll likely use more than one character. I feel supporting and side-characters help keep story motion. =] Some may even die or be used as story fodder.

Plot with me, chat with me, throw me some of your characters - I'm friendly and eager to create! ^^

- Pairings - (Things I'm craving have an asterisk. The role I want to play is in bold. If there is no bold then I'll play either role.)

Vampire/mortal*
Anthro/humanoid
Kidnapper/kidnapped
Stalker/target*
Criminal/criminal
Criminal/normal citizen*
Barbarian/priest
Slave owner/potential slave
Good Samaritan/runaway*
Adventurer/adventurer

- Key Notes -

I'm a third-person writer.
I average 3-6 paragraphs, more or less depending upon your style and responses.
I can post once or several times a day.
I tend to use secondary/side characters.
I usually play males (but have plenty of female secondaries) but also have a number of NB characters.
Some of my males can get...quite handsy.
I like to draw my characters but think I'm terrible at human anatomy.
BDSM and twisted/dark romance are popular themes with me.
I never write continuous smut; I need substance and story to keep me interested.
I put this in the "adult" section in the hopes of finding adult writers, not just for content reasons. I prefer interacting with older individuals though it's by no means a strict requirement.
I'd prefer if you wouldn't disappear on me. If you've lost interest, say as much, don't leave me hanging, wondering why you haven't posted in a few days/weeks. Once this happens enough times I tend to lose all interest in role-playing and disappear. It's frustrating beyond belief to work on a plot or scenario, get it all set up but then have people disappear after a post or two. WTH? Really? This is STILL a thing? Don't waste what little energy I possess just to throw it away. Please and thanks.
Feel what you write, write what you feel, | Don’t bother with what is “impossible” or “real.” | Write what you feel and feel what you write, | How you will, how you can, how you may, how you might. | Do not fetter your words, do not chain your intent, | Never limit what it is you can make or invent. | Seek to outdo all that you’ve seen and done, | And all of your battles are sure to be won.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Threads I'm in:
The Flaws of the Fox
The Danger of the Dark
Between Earth and Sky