A problem with Notification?

Started by CharlieSariel, October 13, 2008, 07:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieSariel

So sometime on Friday I received my last notification email for a thread update.  Since then, threads in my Notify list have been updated, but no emails forthcoming.  I've tried resetting my preferences, tried deleting all the threads and re-notifying them, and I've tried just waiting it out.  I've also stopped receiving emails when receiving PMs.

Is there something I'm missing?  I know my ISP isn't screening the emails as spam as I'm still getting a ton of that, but nothing from Elli.  Have I unintentionally messed up a setting somewhere that I need to correct?

Any answers would be more than welcome.  Thanks in advance

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Trieste

I don't actually see anything on your notifications that would preclude that. Maybe the forum takes holiday weekends off?  ::)

The most likely explanation I can THINK of was that Veks poked something in the code and the boards went "GNRK *ded*" ...but I don't like blaming Veks for everything so perhaps he has some input of his own. >.>

Vekseid

I could check to see if they're bouncing... sometimes mail servers like to do that.  This server is on a number of spam blocklists, which is one of the reasons I want to get Elliquiy onto a dedicated server.

CharlieSariel

I would vastly appreciate anything you can do Veks.  I'm sort of at my wits end here.  Which doesn't take much lately.

Trieste

CharlieSariel

*beams, blushes, and hugs back*  Thanks Trieste.

CharlieSariel

And in another bizarre twist to our tale... all of my notifications arrived in my inbox this morning from the whole weekend.  I'm not sure if either of you did anything, but it would appear as though everything is back to normal.

Trieste

They realised they were distressing you, pretty lady! I'm glad they're all set, though.

Apparently the forum does take holiday weekends off.

CharlieSariel

Egad.  You're going to make me blush you keep on like that...

Thank you both again for your concern and looking into the matter whatever you did.  It seems to have worked at least  ^_^  I just hope the forum didn't over-indulge in turkey.