4e DnD, Anyone (GM search!)

Started by ShadowFox89, July 16, 2014, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

My FLGS had the 4e books for 75% off, so I picked up a couple. And, now with a sizable collection of the books, I'll be able to make a character for them fairly quickly. That said, I don't have much time at the moment to run anything myself (despite having a ton of game ideas) and was wondering if there were any volunteers?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

FragarachZ

I personally prefer the the Essentials set of books, those are the only ones I own from 4e now. I have a currently ongoing tabletop campaign using those only, tending to prefer the lower leveled adventures (battles at higher levels tend to get really drawn out).
I always toyed around with the idea of running or playing a 4e game online, so I'm definitely interested in joining this... if it comes to it I'll run an adventure, but would also be interested as a player if someone expresses their want to DM this :)
O&O

ShadowFox89

One person is better than none I suppose. Glad to have your interest!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ershin

4E? Have't seen that mentioned on Elliquiy in a long time, definitely interested in joining if enough people can be rounded up to make a group. :)

ShadowFox89

Well, if we don't get anyone interested in running, I could work up a game. Though with two players, I think I'd have to beef you guys up a bit....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kord

I could run something for you guys if you want, I haven't DM'ed in awhile (especially 4e) what kind of kinks were you thinking :) (non-con?)
My roleplaying on's and off's: https://www.f-list.net/c/kordbluemoon

ShadowFox89

Non-con is fine with me. For plot suggestions... a Dark Sun based game where players are gladiator-slaves, and losing a fight means likely being molested by the winner?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

FragarachZ

O&O

Kord

No problems, I have always liked the Dark Sun setting and the gladiator idea is right up my alley. I will start putting something together. In the meantime characters will start at level 1 using a 22 point buy system. As for some very broad strokes on the background, all the player characters have been purchased (or otherwise persuaded) by an inexperienced tiefling manager named Varnic, for his new gladiatorial team the Debt Payers. The team itself is located in city state of Raam, one of the three bickering city states on the King's Road. With the rising tension of famine and poverty, the sorcerer king of Raam has comisioned a new type of gladiatorial match to keep its citizens minds off the hardships of daily life. The difference being that the victor does not kill his vanquished opponent, but is instead allowed to have their way with them, of course all done for the enjoyment of the matches many spectators.

FragarachZ

Hmm... might make a hexblade or a thief for this. We'll see later tonight, I'm off to work now.
O&O

ShadowFox89

I'll probably make some sort of psionic for this.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

FragarachZ

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 25, 2014, 01:10:28 AM
I'll probably make some sort of psionic for this.

I'll let you pick your class (or rather role) first, and then make something appropiate to tagteam along.

Seeing how magic works in this setting, I decided not to play a hexblade after all. :(
As fun as it is to hurl eldritch bolts left and right and get a lightsaber for free, being an arcane class the character would be found out and killed probably instantly unless she is an agent of a sorcerer king... but then why would she be a hired gladiator? What would you say GM? Could we ge taround this or should I look at a more martial or primal oriented class? (I'm thinking knight, scout or thief if I have to drop magic...) I'm not overly familiar with Dark Sun so we'd have to work out the smaller details together.
O&O

ShadowFox89

Most likely a defender or controller of some sort.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kord

Quote from: FragarachZ on July 25, 2014, 01:03:56 PM
I'll let you pick your class (or rather role) first, and then make something appropiate to tagteam along.

Seeing how magic works in this setting, I decided not to play a hexblade after all. :(
As fun as it is to hurl eldritch bolts left and right and get a lightsaber for free, being an arcane class the character would be found out and killed probably instantly unless she is an agent of a sorcerer king... but then why would she be a hired gladiator? What would you say GM? Could we ge taround this or should I look at a more martial or primal oriented class? (I'm thinking knight, scout or thief if I have to drop magic...) I'm not overly familiar with Dark Sun so we'd have to work out the smaller details together.

If you want to play a hexblade we can work out something, perhaps you were once an agent of the sorcerer-king (specifically a sorcerer-queen in Raam) whom she thought would be amusing to see you fight in the pits due to your recent failures in serving her.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I like the premise. I likely go for male mul fighter (taking gladiator theme, going for martial defender/striker hybrid). I assume the Dark Sun Campaign Setting is allowed source for this game or do we use only core books? How about Martial Power?

Kord

Progress is coming along well, will have the game ready in a few days.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 26, 2014, 07:23:50 AM
Hmmm, I like the premise. I likely go for male mul fighter (taking gladiator theme, going for martial defender/striker hybrid). I assume the Dark Sun Campaign Setting is allowed source for this game or do we use only core books? How about Martial Power?

Martial Power is fine, as is all other official supplements... within reason :)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I will make male mull fighter then (the battlerager type). Probably go with shield + hammer build.

Zaer Darkwail

Drogna
Drogan is naturally born male mull albino, a rare trait among desert living races to be born with snow white skin. It's considered generally bad omen or ill luck to be born as such (and same in parents opinion). Most albino children are killed on birth, however the slave owner happened to be present in birth and when middlewife proceed kill the child the slave owner instead forbid her....as slave owner (who was templar of sorcerer king of Raam) saw novelty value in breeding albino's as exotic slave stock. All depending does mull slave match up with the normal adult mull's in fitness.

The templar raised the albino, taught finesse of arms and combat (both as means to build fitness and use first child as bodyguard) and fed the child daily medical drugs as means increase fertility and overall sexual prowess. On age of eighteen Drogna was bred with another mull and year was awaited for results....and no albino. Just a normal child. Templar had not been aware that albinism was very rare trait, that to achieve his wanted results meant several generations of careful breeding and cross-breeding distant cousins of the common ancestor with each other. A process which takes longer than templar's lifetime and templar was already quite old.

In enrage templar tossed the child off the balcony onto pavement in below, soon templar himself followed screaming as quietly furious Drogna threw his father figure besides his firstborn. No one had seen him throw templar and if asked he said his master fell off the balcony. None the less templar died and so his property was put on auction, including his slaves. No one bought Drogna because he was albino and he was scheduled to be killed very soon before Varnic the tiefling bought him off after confirming that Drogna had gladiator arena training and thus suitable for his purposes to find new gladiator team.

ShadowFox89

I'm looking at rolling up either a battle mind or ardent, not sure which.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kord

Looking good Zaer, if I could get you guys to PM me through your characters as well as some preferences in combatant you would like to see/would not like to see in the arena. Once I have those I will put the thread up and we will start.

FragarachZ

Just a quick question for clarification: willl this be a team-based arena fight or will we pvp against each other?
O&O

Kord

Quote from: FragarachZ on July 27, 2014, 11:47:20 PM
Just a quick question for clarification: willl this be a team-based arena fight or will we pvp against each other?

Well at the moment I have planned for a mixture of both team-based combat and solo 1-on-1 combat. I wont rule out PvP if you guys would like to. However, to begin with there will be team based combat.

FragarachZ

Got it thanks. I'll put together my character sheet and post my application when I get home from work today. Going for White Well pact most likely.
O&O

ShadowFox89

Not sure if I should try to round us out or not.... On the one hand, Ardent are rub. On the other, I tend to play a striker.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

So far as I know more strikers are better than one in a party (in 4 man it's defender, strikerx2, leader). Lack of control may weight heavily if facing lots of mobs.

So if you like play striker, then play a class with either prime or secondary role in it and then use other half of class to round things up.