Shin Megami Tensei:Devil Survivor Interest Check

Started by Seraphina, March 26, 2010, 03:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seraphina

For those of you who don't know what Devil Survivor is, its a strategy rp released in June 2009, and it was basically about saving the fate of the human race. Demons broke out in the city of Tokyo, and to survive, special things called comps were given to the main characters and even some of your enemies to allow you to summon demons and become more powerful with skills and stats. I don't want to give out too much detail here, or I'll spoil it on accident. :P

A quick prologue of the game--

"One Born of Human Flesh
Man is now a race of some Power.
You, son of man, must face the power you hold.
And you must face your destiny as well.
Though your days may be peaceful, the fated time draws near.
I am your judgement.
I sundered the tongue of your fathers and shattered their arrogant power.
So long as the Lord does not live in you, all living beings hold darkness in their hearts.
If you truly wish to be yourself, then rise and fight the darkness within...the demon inside.
If you have the will to challenge your destiny of battle, son of man, state your name...
As He proclaimed...this world, created in seven days, shall be destroyed by the sounding of seven trumpets.
You who have a will, fear the numbers your eyes shall see.
Fear the time left."

Story:
After the horrible lock down of Tokyo, in which demons had escaped from their world to, the survivors lived on. They lead normal lives, though they were scarred for life, and eventually died off, though they left children, who in turn had their own children, and so on and so forth. This went on for a century and a half, until their curse became apparent. Though the civilians didn't know it, they had carried a dormant affliction inside of them from the lock down. It was power, but also corruption. The decedents of the victims began feeling something welling up inside of them, twisting, turning, molding into something that they could no longer control. They themselves turned into demons, causing more chaos to erupt in Tokyo.

Though the decedents of the chosen ones were the only ones that managed to keep their sanity.

However, the human Bel who had promised God long ago that he would not let the power corrupt him, became corrupted himself. He liked his power, his affliction, his curse, and basked in it, causing God to have no choice but to put Tokyo through another test. Though the human Bel could have easily ended the lock down by destroying the humans who barricaded the entire city, he rejoiced in it, deciding that he would watch the civilians slowly get infected by the curse and gather his own army to rule the world. He knew about others like him, the others who also had sanity left, and seeked them out for his army. He wanted to control them all, and defeat God once and for all.

After Seven Days, the Government would use their secret weapon, a new and improved one that they had nearly used so long ago.

Will you side with God? Or go against him in revelry?

There is obviously a difference in my story. You are the actual demon or angel, or maybe you are in the phase before you get fully turned and are more powerful? Its all up to you.