Bugger The Polar Bears (OOC) - Mafia Game

Started by country, August 28, 2009, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country

BUGGER THE POLAR BEARS

Mr Vegetarian (sometimes spelled Vagitarian) Organsic Methanefree Green is greatly concerned with global warming.  The latest prediction from the noted environmentalist cum motorbike designer David Suzuwaki concerning the fate of the polar bears was just too much for Mr Green to cope with. 

He immediately decided that even though he had no personal relationship with any particular polar bear, enough was enough.  He decided to organize everyone on his mid-ocean island, to begin campaigning against the fossil fuel industry.  It wasn’t enough that the predicted sea level rise from the melting polar caps would put their island 1.773 metres below the surface of the sea, but the plight of the polar bears was much more compelling and could not be ignored. 

Gathering the locals into the community hall he stated the case and obtained unanimous support for a stop using fossil fuels protest march.  This march would be to the head of the International Fossil Fuels Cooperative.  Such an activity would of course shut down all fossil fuel industries.   

Unbeknownst to poor deluded Mr Green, while many of the islanders desperately fear a potential disaster from global warming, there are some who secretly hold shares in the Fossil Fuels Cooperative, and are only prepared to pay lip service to any undertaking that might inhibit their huge annual financial benefit of share ownership.  In fact, they are so concerned about the possible impact upon their secret ‘fat-cat’ way of life, that they will undertake any measures necessary (including the final solution) to ensure that Mr. Green’s scheme fails.  All their actions are of course undertaken with much subterfuge and always happen at night.

The greenies, once alerted to the danger that exists on the island, will take matters into their own hands and will ruthlessly attempt to eliminate the share-holders from the island.

The chairman of the Fossil Fuels Cooperative lives on the island and with no compunction is able to corrupt one person who then become members of the Coop.

Then, for the good guys, wearing a white hat that never falls off, is the head of the International Securities Commission (ISC).  The head of the ISC is able to protect one person per day from the bribery and corruption of the Coop and thereby prevent that person from becoming seduced to the side of the Coop.

An accountant employed by International Revenue Services, on one occasion, will have the ability to review the financial records of an islander that has been accused of being a share holder.  If the islander does indeed hold shares, then that person will be dropped into the bay.  If the islander does not hold shares, then they will be spared.

Who will succeed?  Will the shareholders win the day by ridding the island of greenies, or will the greenies succeed to march on the Coop and give polar bears the right to continue to prowl the arctic ice, to munch on seals, while occasionally taking the odd Eskimo in an igloo;  ‘Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.’  Scrummy!

Personalities

Chairman of the Island Protest March [1] – vote tiebreaker/should assign responsibilities (by PM) to the islanders in order to organize the protest march.

Coop CEO [1] – able to corrupt one greenie who then becomes a shareholder. 

ISC Head [1] – A greenie who is able to nominate one islander per day who will be protected from graft.  The ISC head can protects him/herself but not on successive days.

IR accountant [1] – A greenie who is able to peruse the financial records of one accused member per game providing the possibility of saving an incorrectly accused greenie.

Share-holders [<3] including the Coop CEO

Additional roles such as a healer, witch-doctor, seer, thief and cupid canl be added according to the number of participants.

Greenies – Includes the remaining islanders who do not have specific responsibilities.  Their goal is to identify the share-holders.

All islanders vote once per day to identify a suspected share-holder.  [Dearly departed, we are gathered here …]  Hammerhead sharks abound off the coast.  Not a pleasant end I’m given to understand.

Share-holders choose one greenie per day who will meet a fitting end during the night.

(The following, with appropriate modifications, is excerpted from Valerian’s thread ‘The Pirates Code II’– tip of the hat to Val)

Just as in the usual game of Mafia, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, of course, Mr Green is killed by the share-holders.  The next day, the islanders will vote firstly on a new Protest March chairman and secondly on an islander deemed to be a share-holder.  They will discover if their choice is a wise one.  That night, the share-holders will claim another life, unless the ISC manager happens to intervene.

Any questions can be posted in the OOC or sent via PM.

Identify your choice for elimination in bold.

Please copy me in any PMs, so I can satisfy my voyeuristic tastes to follow what goes on behind the scene.

Kip

I saw Mafia.

That means... me me oh me me ME! :D

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

country

sinera

Kip - you're a glutton for punishment! *giggles* and so am I - I'll play :)
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

country

Sinera.  Welcome aboard!  If we can get a few more, you can sling your hammock amongst the coconut trees, while listening to the waves lapping on the shore.

Caeli

Wow! This is a really creative idea, country. :-) Awesome job!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

ninnyblack

I would like to jon also! I am new to this though so please be gentle
Ninny's on's and Off's

Back online and enjoying every minute of it!

country

Ninny - You are indeed welcome.   Have fun!

ninnyblack

Ninny's on's and Off's

Back online and enjoying every minute of it!