Original Superheroes (F for M)

Started by espendabelle, July 26, 2017, 08:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

espendabelle

I have been a fan of the Superhero genre in its various forms (comics, movies, TV shows) for some time now. I’ve always wanted to dive into the superhero world, and see what it would be like to write a superheroic character, one who selflessly protects others, be it through superhuman powers, special technology, unique training or maybe nothing more than simple guts and determination. Along the way, I’m also looking to explore a lot of the conventions of the genre; colourful costumes, larger than life personas, dual identities, power and responsibility and the like.

What I am looking to do is play entirely original characters in an original superhero universe. This would be something entirely of its own, and not based on any existing characters or stories. The goal here is both to have greater creative freedom while also allowing for worldbuilding and further exploration. It also allows the writers to decide the scale and scope of their stories, and their impact on the world.

This is something that can be ideally scaled in power and scope to suit the concept; I’m not fixed to any one “style” of superhero. It could be everything from street-level vigilantes to world-saving heroes. The only thing that I ask is that the characters be similar in scope and power level.

I’m looking for the characters to be allies; be they partners, mentor and apprentice, a string of casual team-ups or whatever else. As an added element, there could be a duality to their relationship; they might know each other in their civilian identities, but neither has made the connection to the other. I am not looking for a character who is in love with their arch-enemy or greatest rival; it’s not the sort of relationship I’m looking to play.

I'm looking for engaging and well-developed RP that is centred around character, story, world and relationship building. I'm looking for slow-burn, long-term stuff that may not necessarily have a fixed goal or end-point. I don’t want our characters to fall in love on the first page. I don’t want them to be in bed on the first page either. I am (mostly) looking to play female characters paired with male partners; note that the gender of the player is irrelevant for me. (For more information and a better idea of my preferences, see my ons and offs thread)

Generally I will write about three mid-length paragraphs per post and I expect the same in reply. I don’t need every post to be a novel, but at the same time I want more than just a few broken sentences. I love descriptive text that helps get the reader involved in the scene and the characters and better create the world around it.

I am open to ideas; if you have one or are interested in starting something, please PM me and we’ll see what we can work out.

espendabelle

This is just a sample character; they could be modified to the needs of the story or I could play something completely different

Redback is a masked vigilante in a grim, crime-ridden city. Her father was killed in front of her and her mother has been missing for all her life. She's used these tragedies as fuel for her own, one-woman war on crime. She has no superpowers, but instead is trained in martial arts and uses a variety of home-made gadgets. She's also a paranoid isolationist who suffers from a whole host of problems, and is leading herself down a very self-destructive path without knowing. But even a masked vigilante like her has her secrets, ones that she might not even be able to share with a hard-won ally...