Rome, I come to your aide! - IC Started, still open

Started by Primarch, December 02, 2017, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anouk Daae

Ok so that's my app. I think I may have bent history a little... If the family names and lines don't work, I'll change them. Just let me know.

Caitlin

Character: Cornelius Octavius
Player: Caitlin

Role: Engineer
Specialties:

• Architecture
  • Leadership
  • Budgeting

Personality:

• Dominant
  • Creative
  • Cunning

History:

• Cornelius is the second son of Tiberius Octavius, who is the Governor of Germania Inferior. Cornelius is twenty-eight years old.
  • Studied engineering in Rome and applied his skills to design and oversee the construction of buildings in Germania Inferior
  • Has served in the army where he designed Trebuchets who led to several important victories

Relationships/Connections:

• Character name will go here- Nature of relationship/character opinion will go here
  • None - To be filled out after plotting
  • None - To be filled out after plotting

Wanted

Name: Open
Role: Wife or slave girl/ slave woman

Desirable traits: Up to you.
Requested faceclaim(s): Up to you.
Other notes: I’m looking for a female character who would be interested in either playing my character’s wife (18+) or a slave girl (16+)/ woman (18+). In case of a slave we can look towards her being set free. A romantic sub plot between our two characters would be fun and would have my preference.

Aiden

While I understand the desire to pair up, I feel pair ups kill potential plot lines. But that is my own opinion. If it makes sense IC, then it works.

I plan of having my character born in Rome, but had not seen it since he went off to...wherever he ended up going. (TBD)

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Aiden on December 03, 2017, 01:52:13 PM
While I understand the desire to pair up, I feel pair ups kill potential plot lines. But that is my own opinion. If it makes sense IC, then it works.

I plan of having my character born in Rome, but had not seen it since he went off to...wherever he ended up going. (TBD)

I tend to agree. I think if a pairing happens organically within the story, that's great. But the pre-cooked pairings can make things a little stale for me, personally.

RedEve

Quote from: Aiden on December 03, 2017, 01:52:13 PM

While I agree with this in most cases, in this game, a female character who isn't paired up seems like she would be pretty much on the outside of everything.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Anouk Daae

Another good point. It's why I elected to have a (presently) NPC brother.

Caitlin

Characters could still pair up and then introduce one another to each other. Pairings also don't have to mean that partners couldn't cheat on each other, which could cause a whole series of sub plots with intrigues and betrayal. :-)

Anouk Daae

Everyone's got great points.

I'm going to keep my character as a singular while playing her brother as an NPC to start with, then see where I want her to go.
That's me personally. But I respect everyone else and their decisions. Either way, can't wait to get some scenes started. Should be fun.

Primarch

Quote from: Anouk Daae on December 03, 2017, 12:36:46 PM
Ok so that's my app. I think I may have bent history a little... If the family names and lines don't work, I'll change them. Just let me know.

Well if her father is supposed to be the same Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa who aided Octavian/Augustus he would be dead over a century before this game begins, so you may want to tweak slightly in that regard. Otherwise the character looks fine.

QuoteCharacter: Cornelius Octavius
Player: Caitlin

Looks fine.

Quote from: RedEve on December 03, 2017, 02:06:30 PM
While I agree with this in most cases, in this game, a female character who isn't paired up seems like she would be pretty much on the outside of everything.

If you still want to take up a wife I've got a wanted up for my characters wife.

I'll get a character thread up soon. Any of you have a preference on what board we place this in?

Aiden

I think N/C will be fine, not to say we may not get into extreme range, but I rarely find games that get to that point (and the area is just flooded for no reason)

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Primarch on December 03, 2017, 02:29:02 PM
Well if her father is supposed to be the same Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa who aided Octavian/Augustus he would be dead over a century before this game begins, so you may want to tweak slightly in that regard. Otherwise the character looks fine.

I wanted her father to be from that line, but not the same one. I can tweak it though. No problem.

Primarch

Quote from: Aiden on December 03, 2017, 02:43:40 PM
I think N/C will be fine, not to say we may not get into extreme range, but I rarely find games that get to that point (and the area is just flooded for no reason)

I was leaning that way myself.

Quote from: Anouk Daae on December 03, 2017, 03:07:34 PM

I wanted her father to be from that line, but not the same one. I can tweak it though. No problem.

If its a different chap with the same name that's perfectly fine. I just wanted to clarify!

Anouk Daae

I tweaked the name, so there's no confusion. Or less confusion, at least.

Aiden

I think I will be using a famous family name but "flubbing" the history for the sake of this game

BruceTheCat

This looks pretty neat. Quick question Primarch, were all of the Senate members killed during the sack of Rome, or just the ones in Rome at the time? IE, would I be able to create a character who was part of the Roman Senate and happened to not be in Rome at the time of the attack.

My current character idea is either an extremely rich Roman senator (using the Marcus Crassus character) who was gone from Rome at the time and, now that his predecessors are dead seeks to take control of the Senate. Or maybe his son if we establish that previous Council members were killed.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BlackStone

As great as this concept is, I think I am going to bow out.  My primary hook for this game was claimed by someone else and did not make sense to have to returning conquering generals, and the other concept I could get behind really only works if my character is paired with someone, and does not look like it will happen.

BentonKjarn

Blackstone, if you feel  the hook as conquering general was claimed by me, please feel free to throw your hat back into the ring, as I am going to bow out from this concept as to not get too far out of my depth too soon on E.  Have fun everybody!

Anouk Daae

BlackStone

No its okay and I did not mean the comment as a passive aggressive slam but as an explanation.  I have a lot on my plate too here and really should focus on the turkey piled high on it instead of going.  "Ooooh more stuffing please!"

* loooooooves stuffing a d is the guy at the holiday table told every year to leave some for everyone else*

BennyQ

Hello all, marking my interest down for this RP!

Is the position of Governor of Syria (later Syria-Palaestina) still available? On the front line with the Parthians and is only concerned with holding them off in the centuries long mortal struggle with the foes across the Tigris. Or is it Senatorial Provinces only, in which case I can settle for Asia (western Anatolia) or Bithynia and Pontus region.
"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

Primarch

Quote from: BennyQ on December 04, 2017, 12:40:08 PM
Is the position of Governor of Syria still available?

Certainly!

Quote from: BlackStone on December 04, 2017, 12:28:53 AM
As great as this concept is, I think I am going to bow out.  My primary hook for this game was claimed by someone else and did not make sense to have to returning conquering generals, and the other concept I could get behind really only works if my character is paired with someone, and does not look like it will happen.

Just going to point out that being a 'Conquering General' was pretty much the thing to do, I rather expect most of the male characters to be some form of Conquering General. But if you wish to bow out that is of course your own decision.

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 04, 2017, 12:17:05 AM
This looks pretty neat. Quick question Primarch, were all of the Senate members killed during the sack of Rome, or just the ones in Rome at the time? IE, would I be able to create a character who was part of the Roman Senate and happened to not be in Rome at the time of the attack.

My current character idea is either an extremely rich Roman senator (using the Marcus Crassus character) who was gone from Rome at the time and, now that his predecessors are dead seeks to take control of the Senate. Or maybe his son if we establish that previous Council members were killed.

As it stands I'm running with the idea that the traditional leadership was wiped out in the attack, so between the two ideas I believe the son would be preferable.

BennyQ

Quote from: Primarch on December 04, 2017, 12:50:10 PM
Certainly!

Awesome. Governor of Syria it is for me. He will be an ex-consul who had a brother who was killed in the attack on Rome. But forget the Goths, the Parthians are more dangerous!

I'd like to point out that my character will not be a conquering general. More of a defensive one. Looking to earn that Parthicus/Armeniacus epitah by the end of the RP.

"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

Primarch

Character thread is up. Any of you that have submitted a character can feel free to post up. The rest can post character sheets here or PM them to me.

Anouk Daae

What sort of settings will there be to play in?
Is it just a free-for-all of anywhere within Rome, or would there be some specific places with scenes open for all?

Primarch

There will be a thread dedicated to pushing the main plot, open to all. First will probably take place in the ruins of the Senate building.
Then a thread (or threads) for the general posting, getting that smaller scale interaction going on and the like.