Team Sport? London United. (Interest Check)

Started by JackWhite, November 20, 2011, 05:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

Quote from: Kaya on January 04, 2012, 09:18:47 AM
I like it. Someone to convince!  ;)

I take it he has not met Leia yet?

I figured it'd help bring a bit of drama to the game -- the last thing he wants is to be replaced by a younger, female model.

Well it all depends on what point of the season we start the RP.

Rachubka

Quote from: JackWhite on January 04, 2012, 02:59:57 PM
I'm sory that we couldn't work this out but one woman in a mens professional team is ok but I think two will be too much. If you want you can play a male player though.

Nah, I get it. Like I said, not really feel like being one of the girls that the players toss around or staff. Soooooo, hope you boys have fun. And girl!

JackWhite

Quote from: Stan' on January 04, 2012, 09:08:24 PM
I figured it'd help bring a bit of drama to the game -- the last thing he wants is to be replaced by a younger, female model.

Well it all depends on what point of the season we start the RP.

I thought about starting at the start but if you are all more comfortable with the winter break when things get more excited in the championship it's ok too.

MrDisclosure

Quote from: JackWhite on January 05, 2012, 02:29:09 AM
I thought about starting at the start but if you are all more comfortable with the winter break when things get more excited in the championship it's ok too.

I'd prefer starting at the start, or slightly before it. After all, just before the season is when the rumors and speculation are at a peak.

Quote from: Kaya on January 04, 2012, 12:40:43 PM
Is Frank the one who hired Leia?

Yes, that'd be a good idea - or let's say, he's the one who will hire Leia. If they start a storyline, I'd suggest it should start at the point where she is first introduced to him.
[tr][td]
If you like any of my plays, let me know,
and we may cook up something of our own...
[/td][td]    [/td][td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td]
[td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td][td]
Movie Quote of the Moment:
T. McG.: What did happen exactly (last night)?
J.T.: The earth moved. The angels wept. The polaroids...are in my other coat.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kaya

This shapes up to be an interesting group of players, I'm excited!  :-)

I have no clear preference whether to start at the beginning of the season or during the winter break. Both would be fine with me.

MrDisclosure

However, we still need a few more female players, or poor Leia will be very busy....

There could still be interesting characters for women... I'd not mind if the team owner was a woman, and maybe the driving force behind engaging Leia, just to name an example.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

JackWhite

You'd like more female players or female characters?

MrDisclosure

Quote from: JackWhite on January 05, 2012, 06:14:14 AM
You'd like more female players or female characters?

I'd prefer female player to play the female characters - however, I was referring more to female characters. The rest is a personal preference of mine.... I can live with males playing female, as long as they are believable at it.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

JackWhite

Quote from: MrDisclosure on January 05, 2012, 06:16:00 AM
I'd prefer female player to play the female characters - however, I was referring more to female characters. The rest is a personal preference of mine.... I can live with males playing female, as long as they are believable at it.
I was more talking about more female soccerplayers yes or no.  :P

MrDisclosure

Quote from: JackWhite on January 05, 2012, 06:21:21 AM
I was more talking about more female soccerplayers yes or no.  :P

Well, if it's a man's team, Kaya/Leia being the only player would be more than adequate. I was talking about more female characters around the play.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

yobo

Quote from: JackWhite on January 05, 2012, 02:29:09 AM

I would prefer having it start with the pre-season. If the club brought in a lot of new players, with rumors of more coming in, there is a lot to play with. Especially if the latest rumor is that a girl will be joining the team...

Stan'

I agree with the pre-season start.  After all, there isn't a winter break in the Championship (considering they have to play 50-odd games in a season, it would be next to impossible.)  Maybe to spice things up, they could be on some kind of pre-season tour somewhere abroad?

JackWhite

I think a preseason tour in Japan is the best solution.

Kaya

It could be in Japan of course, but I'd prefer it to be somewhere else. I myself as the player am not as versed in Japanese culture than Leia is of course, and I would prefer her to rather be out of place.

She would probably not be with the team in the very beginning, since she played the world cup final and probably needs to recharge her batteries a little. But there can be rumors of course, and the management would be talking to her, having seen her performance just recently. She could also be in Europe to do the bwin.com photoshoots and commercial, and a meeting with the team can be part of it.

Neysha

I expressed interest earlier, and I still do, I'm just tentative because I'm an ignorant American and thus beyond the basics, am not really familiar with the football scene in Europe in general, or Britain specifically and thus I'd terribly stick out when it comes to some of my writing.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

JackWhite

It depends on what character you want to play in or RP.

Kaya

Quote from: Neysha on January 05, 2012, 03:41:34 PM
I expressed interest earlier, and I still do, I'm just tentative because I'm an ignorant American and thus beyond the basics, am not really familiar with the football scene in Europe in general, or Britain specifically and thus I'd terribly stick out when it comes to some of my writing.

I'm sure nobody is going to bite your head off. And if you want to be on the safe side, play someone who does not know more than you yourself. An "ignorant" American investor, who has been talked into investing by our resourceful manager, and now she is worried her money is going to hell? Or she bought the whole club? A documentary film maker who wants to make a film about a struggling club (or the first woman in professional football, yeah, I'm an attention whore) without knowing much about the sport ("Offside again? He wasn't even close to the sideline!")?

MrDisclosure

Quote from: Kaya on January 05, 2012, 12:07:02 PM
It could be in Japan of course, but I'd prefer it to be somewhere else. I myself as the player am not as versed in Japanese culture than Leia is of course, and I would prefer her to rather be out of place.

She would probably not be with the team in the very beginning, since she played the world cup final and probably needs to recharge her batteries a little. But there can be rumors of course, and the management would be talking to her, having seen her performance just recently. She could also be in Europe to do the bwin.com photoshoots and commercial, and a meeting with the team can be part of it.

Well, I could imagine contacting her after a talent scout has brought her to my attention, for example with a video tape (sorry, anachronism) of her world cup and Japan League matches. She could be contacted by me subsequently - whether during our tour, or in Europe is no big change. But she'd have to meet with me to secure that deal.

Quote from: Kaya on January 05, 2012, 04:02:32 PM
...An "ignorant" American investor ... or she bought the whole club? A documentary film maker who wants to make a film about a struggling club (or the first woman in professional football, yeah, I'm an attention whore) ...?

Kudos for those suggestions... Frank would surely like to meet each of them. He's always looking to secure a good sponsorship deal, or get some public focus on the team. And if the business partner is female, all the better.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kaya

Quote from: MrDisclosure on January 06, 2012, 06:13:24 AM
Well, I could imagine contacting her after a talent scout has brought her to my attention, for example with a video tape (sorry, anachronism) of her world cup and Japan League matches. She could be contacted by me subsequently - whether during our tour, or in Europe is no big change. But she'd have to meet with me to secure that deal.

I'd be fine with that. There can also be a test training, to see if she can hold her own within the team.

eiselmann

HI I'd love to play one of the team been a football fan all my life and played it most of my life. Oh and I'll get this out of the way I support Manchester United (spend the first 20 years of my life justifying my support because we won the F.A cup a few times and nothing else-spend the last 20 years of my life justifying my support because we win the league so often that people assume I'm a glory hunter.....) fifth generation United supporter going back to the days of Newton Heath........and relax

Will post a bio shortly.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

eiselmann

Name:Connor Seaforth
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'10
Weight: 79kgs
Eyes Hair/ Blue eyes black hair (short)
Playing Career: Manchester United 2 Appearances. Season Loans: Preston North End 19 Appearances 6 goals Royal Antwerp 12 appearances 5 goals

Rep Career Scotland Under 17, Under 19.

Position: Winger/Forward

Abilities: Blessed with explosive speed and fantastic ball control and a strikers instinct, Connor has all the confidence in the world (on the pitch). He's still learning to read the game and his crossing can be a little hot and cold (but is improving). Will get back in defence when required but not the best tackler and hes not confident when heading the ball. Slightly stronger on the right he's still highly dangerous when playing on the left side.

He can come off as cocky on the Field but he's a dedicated trainer and is prepared to but the work in to add to his undoubted talent. Signed for London United after speaking with Sir Alex Ferguson about his changes of making the United side over the coming years. Manchester United have added a clause in the contract that should Connor ever be available for transfer they get first right of refusal.

Off the pitch he's surprisingly quiet, he owns a small apartment a mile from the grounds.

Not a virgin but not experienced his focus has been football only...but this is London and theres a lot of distractions for a rich famous talented young man.

Not sure about the woman in the team he's seen her on TV and she's by far the best female players he' ever seen but the Championship is another level over and above anything she would have played before...he wonders quietly if this might not be a stunt....still she's a babe so the changing room will be a fun place to be
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Neysha

Quote from: Kaya on January 05, 2012, 04:02:32 PM
I'm sure nobody is going to bite your head off. And if you want to be on the safe side, play someone who does not know more than you yourself. An "ignorant" American investor, who has been talked into investing by our resourceful manager, and now she is worried her money is going to hell? Or she bought the whole club? A documentary film maker who wants to make a film about a struggling club (or the first woman in professional football, yeah, I'm an attention whore) without knowing much about the sport ("Offside again? He wasn't even close to the sideline!")?

Oh wow, those are good ideas.

Yeah I can do something along those lines I suppose. I can see her being an executive or other representative (Field Vice President of Athletic Entertainment) or something on behalf of some sort of US based conglomerate or other business/investment firm or entity that bought a considerable share of the team. I'll see about working a bio and getting it up here.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Kristine

Name: Scot MacAlpine
Orientation: Straight
Height: 172
Weight: 70
General Physical Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personal Information Scot MacAlpine was born in Edinburgh (Scotland), 45 years ago. Started playing football at school but when traveled to Glasgow for college he showed some real talent there and was quickly noticed by Rangers scouts. From age 21 to 24 he had briefly played for the club but was injured. Though the injury was not fatal, he didn't got in same shape again and his career started to go down, never reaching anything higher than "promising prospect". At 24 he was sent to Scotland's lower division clubs where he played another few years. At 27 he started to study for coach and at 35 became head-coach of his former club, Rangers. He succeed and even made the club past the UEFA Champions League group stage, but because of conflict with new management was made to leave. MacAlpine took charge in few average but well known European clubs but wasn't as near as successful as in Scotland and his coaching career slide down as well. That until he was appointed to London United...

Personality: Scot MacAlpine is no-nonsense, straight and tough Scottish type. He never draws back against using hard word or two and may be quiet a tyrant in the dressing room. Though outside the pitch journalists know him as the first row of defense for his player. No one is allowed to cross the line when there's something about his boys. Players know that and respect him, despite the fact that he can be quiet a son of a bitch at times. MacAlpine has family. Wife and 3 children (2 boys and a girl) and likes to live quiet life, never talking about his family affairs with media. Not that he is full of media attention that much. After all, his club isn't even in premier league yet, and all he achieved as a coach, was similar to what he achieved as a played... "Promising prospect" nothing more than that.

He is somewhat conservative in views, and was strongly against inviting the female player in squad, seeing it just as a marketing trick for club management, but being on good terms with Frank Hill, he agreed to test her during pre-season.