Time travel and culture shock (F looking for M or F)

Started by Beorning, August 04, 2012, 06:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello there! :) Here's another of story ideas I'd love to try out...

Basically, I'd like to play a female character from our modern world that gets transported in some way into the past or the future. The exact era my character would end up is something to be discussed... The key thing here is that I'd like this era to have a more conservative stance on women's rights than the modern world. My character could end up in, say, Victorian England - or in some near-future dystopia... whatever my writing partner wants :) As long as the era feature some conservative attitudes my character would have to confront.

This kind of confrontation is something that I'd like to explore in this story: a modern woman who finds herself in a place and time that has a different attitude toward women's rights and obligations. Aside from that, the story could feature any plot me and my writing partner agree upon! It could be an adventure story, a romance... whatever we want. Similarly, my writing partner could play whatever character he or she is interested in - as long as I get to play a female :)

I realize it's a kind of a broad story concept, but I'll be more than happy to discuss and work out details with my writing partner. So, if this kind of story piques your interest... just PM me! :)

playfullchick76

I like the idea of that, we can play that out. I do like time travel ones, and love the idea of being transported to a future where women dont have as many rights. The near future dystopia works for me.